Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved (1747 Views)

Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2020
chiommy123:
so if someone that calls himself a Christian continues lying, fornicating, fighting, etc and dies therein the person is still saved ba?

The word "holiness" is probably strange to them

Heb12:14
"Follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord"

The careless ,lazy and sin-filled brand of Christianity is what their itching ears long to hear from their end time false teachers.

3 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by paxonel(m): 7:28am On Sep 06, 2020
una don come again grin
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by paxonel(m): 7:32am On Sep 06, 2020
NobleSeed:
The bitter truth some so called church goers who call themselves Christians fail to reckon with.
people like you don't read between lines to understand the context, you just conclude from your emotions
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 7:40am On Sep 06, 2020
paxonel:
people like you don't read between lines to understand the context, you just conclude from your emotions

Can you please do us the honor of presenting the textual exegesis.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2020
chiommy123:
so if someone that calls himself a Christian continues lying, fornicating, fighting, etc and dies therein the person is still saved ba?

YES, because that's the meaning of the word saved.

However, the person that keeps sinning, which we will always do because we are all sinners, such a person will will keep getting chastised by God.

Hebrew 12:6 KJV
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

The reason why we remain saved despite our sins is because Jesus Christ who has paid for the sins is there for us.

1 John 2:1-2 KJV
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

And that's exactly what Jesus came to do in the world i.e save us from our sins.

Mathew 1:21 KJV
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 7:42am On Sep 06, 2020
OKpaewu:
If you think you are saved and mistakenly die on top of a woman not your wife, my brother you are on your own. Those pastors that are caught with married women( genuine pastors oo) who had accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and savior will go to hell had it been they died on top of those women not their wife.
Please once save is not always saved ooo
I don't even know where this doctrine is coming from

This is a big lie. If you are saved and you die fornicating, you will go to heaven. Dying ontop of a woman not your wife is enough punishment for your sins. You won't go to hell because Jesus has paid for your sins to save you from it. Read my previous post.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 7:50am On Sep 06, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

This is a big lie. If you are saved and you die fornicating, you will go to heaven. Dying ontop of a woman not your wife is enough punishment for your sins. You won't go to hell because Jesus has paid for your sins to save you from it. Read my previous post.

It is rather sad what false teachings have done to you. This is disgusting, erroneous, abominable, unthinkable.

And I assume Heb. 12:14 is not in your Bible

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by paxonel(m): 7:53am On Sep 06, 2020
seyi360:

Firstly, Jesus said. "No man having put his hand to the plough and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God" Lk 9:62

The man whose hand is already on the plough cannot be labelled "unbeliever". He is saved and on his way to heaven. However, he looked back, which means he's a backslider and was declared unfit for heaven.
what does it mean to backslide?
It means going back to continue with the sin one has repented of.
That has nothing to do with this scripture you quoted

The same way Lot's wife who was held by Angels on her way to safety looked back at Sodom and Gomorrah and became a pillar of salt.
Hence, once saved is not forever saved.
very wrong conclusion!
Lot's wife and Sodom and Gomorrah were of the old covenant while salvation of the new covenant, so your argument does not follow.

Ezekiel 3: 20.
"Again, when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die in his sin and the righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered anymore ......
your analogy here though is right in reality but has nothing to do with salvation

Matthew 7:21-23
"Not every one that saith unto me Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of my father, but he that does the will of my father in heaven
the question you should ask yourself is, was there salvation at the time Jesus made this statement?
The answer is no!
Why?
Because Jesus has not yet been crucified.

So, you are totally wrong!

Many will say to me in that day Lord have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you, depart from me ,ye workers of iniquity"
are the many Jesus was talking about here believers(saved people)?
The answer is no!
Why?
So, this statement does not apply to believers of today

An unbeliever cannot cast out devils using the name of Jesus
An unbeliever cannot prophecy in the name of Jesus
An unbeliever cannot perform miracles in the name of Jesus
Hence, the people Jesus talked about were born again, spirit filled believers, workers, mature Christians, gifted and anointed believers, Pastors, Prophets, Bishops, etc.
However, these saved men had secret sins, unconfessed sins they nurtured in their closets which made them workers of iniquity.

Luke 9:1

"Then he called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over devils and to cure diseases"

Dear readers, Judas Is Cariot was one of these 12 who got power and authority. But because there was the secret sin of covetousness in his heart, despite his proximity with God, the devil capitalized on that sin and used him to betray Jesus.

Hebrews 6:4-6

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and were made partakers of the holyghost
And have tasted the good word of God and powers of the world to come
If they shall fall away, to renew them unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the son of God afresh and put him to an open shame."

Here ,it is established that falling away is possible.

1Corinthians 10:12
"Wherefore, let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall"

Its abundantly obvious from the scripture above that falling away is very possible.

I could go on with more scriptures, but I'll rather stop here.
As a believer , you have a responsibility to sit up and hold tightly to what you have otherwise you may lose it.
oga,correct yourself!
You are not saved because you do not commit sin, you are saved because of grace
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by paxonel(m): 7:54am On Sep 06, 2020
seyi360:

Can you please do us the honor of presenting the textual exegesis.
check my response to the op
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 7:55am On Sep 06, 2020
seyi360:

Firstly, it's a manifestation of doctrinal intolerance, immaturity and extremism to suggest that my submission are lies and an attack on the redemptive work of Christ. The fact that this topic has eschatological implications makes all suggestions speculative , which brings it under the auspices of speculative eschatology. Thus, calm down.

Your submission has only reiterated my assertion. The man whose hand is on the plough believes , but later doubts the message he once believed. Is that not what I'm driving at?

Does the righteousness gotten from Jesus absolve one of the consequences of sin after salvation? Does this righteousness grant a license to live in sin?
He that commit sin is of the devil, a saved man cannot continue to sin. His sins will push him out of the way.

"I never knew you, you "WORKERS OF INIQUITY"
Firstly, redemption is not a smoke screen for working of iniquity.
Those people were rejected because they were described as "workers of iniquity", which is exactly my point.
A saved man who lacks discipline and continues to play games with sin will ultimately lose the gift of salvation he got .

How would you know today if a brother were a Judas? A Christian worker, Pastor , Apostle etc who performs great signs and wonders in the church. Since you are not Jesus. Was it not the sin in Judas' life that gave him up?
Are you saying a believer can keep stealing God's money without repenting and still remain saved regardless just because he has eternal security?

My brother, don't be deceived , because God cannot be mocked, whatever a man sows same shall he reap.

I thought you would counter that unambiguous scripture, but you can't.

Eternal life is a gift which the recipient may discard

Once saved is not forever saved

I tell you once again, you don't believe in Jesus.

Jesus who promised to save us will keep his promise. If we could save ourselves, then he had no need to come and die for us. He knew there was no way for us to make heaven by not sinning. So, he came and paid for the sins. If you say sin can still stop us from making heaven, then what exactly did Jesus pay for? Why did he come?

Those who don't believe in him are your kind who make it clear that he didn't do anything and his death is weak to save us. We his believers know that he's strong enough to keep us safe.

Let me ask you a question. You can keep the answer in your mind.

Is there a man on Earth that is without one single sin? I believe your answer is "yes, there is."

But such man doesn't exist according to the Bible which says "for all have sinned". If any man e.g your Daddy G.O should say he has no sin, the Bible says he's a liar and the truth is not in him.

1 John 1:8 KJV
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Now, since the Bible says we are all sinners, doesn't that mean no one will make heaven? Doesn't it make sense to you why it is good to depend on the redemptive work of Jesus Christ to get you to heaven?

Look, you have no Bible verse to back your claims. You are just regurgitating sentiments you have been deceived with. That's why the verses we have out forward, you haven't been able to show if we've quoted them wrongly.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by chukwunweikeemi(m): 7:55am On Sep 06, 2020
Eternal life is a gift and not a reward.A gift is something you receive for doing nothing and a reward is something you receive for doing something.It is written: For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves.It is the gift of God,not of works lest any man should boast-- Eph 2v8-9. If my good works are needed to keep me saved then I must share glory with christ and eternal life ceases to be a gift.Those who claim to be believers of christ but do not believe in eternal security are not christians though they attend church,read the bible, and do a lot of good works. if they die in that condition they will be the ones to whom christ professed:: I never knew you,depart from me,ye that work iniquity--Matt 7v23b.Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2020
paxonel:
what does it mean to backslide?
It means going back to continue with the sin one has repented of.
That has nothing to do with this scripture you quoted
very wrong conclusion!
Lot's wife and Sodom and Gomorrah were of the old covenant while salvation of the new covenant, so your argument does not follow.
your analogy here though is right in reality but has nothing to do with salvation
the question you should ask yourself is, was there salvation at the time Jesus made this statement?
The answer is no!
Why?

So, you are totally wrong!
are the many Jesus was talking about here believers(saved people)?
The answer is no!
Why?
So, this statement does not apply to believers of today
oga,correct yourself!
You are not saved because you do not commit sin, you are saved because of grace

I won't go back and forth on the scriptures I already espoused.

Your attempt to twist the truth cannot change the credibility of the truth

However, I put the scriptures below to you

[4]For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
[5]And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
[6]If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

I also know you will attempt to manipulate it, go ahead, give it your best shot

3 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 8:01am On Sep 06, 2020
seyi360:

It is rather sad what false teachings have done to you. This is disgusting, erroneous, abominable, unthinkable.

And I assume Heb. 12:14 is not in your Bible

Yes, the verse you quoted says we should follow holiness. Haven't we shown you were the holiness forms from? It comes from Jesus who takes our sins upon himself and gives us his righteousness

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Acehart: 8:16am On Sep 06, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
I'm a christian not because I go to church but because I know I'm born again.I got born again by admitting that I am a sinner and believed on the death,burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ to be the FULL PAYMENT for my sins.I believe and my beliefs are biblical that if a person is saved the person is always saved and can never lose his salvation.So yes I believe in eternal security of the believer.I've never found a church where the doctrine of eternal security is preached and believed.Most churches will tell you that salvation is free and then they will go further to contradict themselves by telling you that you'll lose salvation by commiting a sin.This belief is called a works based salvation and it is unbiblical.Since I got saved I've tried to show some people from the bible the simplicity of salvation but they think it is too good to be true and that anybody who wants to make heaven must pay the price.Actually there are two ways to heaven:The first one is that you live a perfect life and the second one is that you depend(believe) on the one(christ) who lived a perfect life.We all sin multiple times daily and so that rules out the first possibility leaving just the second. Regardless of who you are. you'll end up in hell if you trust in anything(baptism,good works,church attendance.....etc) to save you apart from Christ Jesus. I've written this piece to ask anyone to show me a church where the doctrine of eternal security is preached and believed and where God's grace has not been taken for a license for sin.I am based in Lagos mainland.Your response will be greatly appreciated.May God bless you.

Go to Crown Reformed Assembly in Ogba. I would have suggested Baptist Churches but unfortunately the Baptist Churches in the South West are horribly steeped in Pentecostalism.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by paxonel(m): 8:22am On Sep 06, 2020
seyi360:

I won't go back and forth on the scriptures I already espoused.

Your attempt to twist the truth cannot change the credibility of the truth

However, I put the scriptures below to you

[4]For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
[5]And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
[6]If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

I also know you will attempt to manipulate it, go ahead, give it your best shot

no!
I understand why you feel I'm manipulating it. It's because I'm presenting these scriptures from the angle that you didn't see it when you were reading it.
But let the truth be told, there is time factor about these scriptures that we should not neglect.
There was the time Jesus was on earth and was not crucified, there was no salvation then, salvation only started after Jesus was crucified and resurrected that is the truth you can't dispute

As for this scripture you quoted : I'm not disputing that a Christian cannot fall away from his faith and looses his salvation. But all I'm saying is, while the Christian remain a Christian without denying Christ he remains saved forever
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 8:32am On Sep 06, 2020
Acehart:

Go to Crown Reformed Assembly in Ogba. I would have suggested Baptist Churches but unfortunately the Baptist Churches in the South West are horribly steeped in Pentecostalism.

You are right, Baptist churches in the Southwest is is going deep into Pentecostal falsehood.

It makes me sick.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Acehart: 8:54am On Sep 06, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

You are right, Baptist churches in the Southwest is is going deep into Pentecostal falsehood.

It makes me sick.

I’m surprised this morning: you are here defending the eternal security of the saint; have you forgotten you once wrote about the madness of those who believe in the eternal security of the saints. You are growing into maturity now. Praise God.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 8:58am On Sep 06, 2020
Acehart:

I’m surprised this morning: you are here defending the eternal security of the saint; have you forgotten you once wrote about the madness of those who believe in the eternal security of the saints. You are growing into maturity now. Praise God.

That would be three years ago, before I got saved.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by chukwunweikeemi(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2020
@Acehart,thanks for your response.I just called the church now and I asked them if they have any branch close to Mile2/Ajeguunle and they said no.I then asked if they can recommend any church around these area and they promised to find out.So I'll call back.Thanks again.Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Acehart: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
@Acehart,thanks for your response.I just called the church now and I asked them if they have any branch close to Mile2/Ajeguunle and they said no.I then asked if they can recommend any church around these area and they promised to find out.So I'll call back.Thanks again.Happy Sunday.

Thanks wink
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by OKpaewu(m): 10:04am On Sep 06, 2020
[quote author=alBHAGDADI post=93624495]

What are you saying? Can you abide in sin that grace may be sufficient for you. If you are saved and you die on top of a woman not your wife, you will go to heaven. Can you hear yourself, i beg to disagree ooo. This is a doctrine from the very pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
chiommy123:
The Bible recommends the known steps to salvation in Romans 10:9 - 10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation".
Therefore it's only God that can actually know who's saved or not! Whether we claim to be saved or not, it's only verifiable from the heart which only God can see. I may claim to be saved while I'm not! If I'm genuinely saved however it's a done deal, paid for at the cross and nothing to do with my works because God cannot lie!
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2020
Acehart:

Definitely not Independent Baptist Churches. I was saved at Independent Baptist Church Festac and they still preach salvation by grace through faith!
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
[quote author=OKpaewu post=93628333][/quote] David in the Bible was saved, his sins are not hidden. So also Abraham, and all the other saints. Denial of the gospel of grace is a claim that you can be righteous enough to enter heaven by yourself, or that Christ did not finish his work on Calvary and needs your assistance to complete it. In fact, it's a failure to comprehend how holy God is! My righteousness is the imputed righteousness of Christ and I will definitely enter heaven with it. We can never achieve sinless perfection on earth but we are sanctified as we continue in God's word. If we sin he chastises us and if we fail to stop he can choose to call us home before our time!
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by delkuf(m): 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Brachaa:
I am saved by Grace, not by works. Nothing I do or do not do will make me lose my salvation except I opt out through blasphemy. God forbid!

We didn't do anything to get the free gift of salvation and there's nothing we need do to keep it otherwise we make his death null and void.
I like what you said. I thought you will join them. you are save for enternity

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by delkuf(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
seyi360:

You have a point " except you opt out through blasphemy". Please don't decide to opt out, may God help you.
Someone that is save can never be blasphemous
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
delkuf:
I like what you said. I thought you will join them. you are save for enternity

Amen. smiley
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by delkuf(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
Brachaa:

Amen. smiley
So how are you spending your Sunday
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2020
delkuf:
So how are you spending your Sunday

Indoors as usual. No where to go for now due to the partial lock down. So, Ill prolly watch some cartoon movies, cook if I have the strength and take a nap.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by delkuf(m): 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
Brachaa:

Indoors as usual. No where to go for now due to the partial lock down. So, Ill prolly watch some cartoon movies, cook if I have the strength and take a nap.
that is woman stuff. Am out already. going to a friend's place
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
delkuf:
that is woman stuff. Am out already. going to a friend's place

Lol... Extrovert I guess...

I got no friends. I don't have the strength biko.

Enjoy your outing.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by chiommy123(f): 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

YES, because that's the meaning of the word saved.

However, the person that keeps sinning, which we will always do because we are all sinners, such a person will will keep getting chastised by God.

Hebrew 12:6 KJV
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

The reason why we remain saved despite our sins is because Jesus Christ who has paid for the sins is there for us.

1 John 2:1-2 KJV
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

And that's exactly what Jesus came to do in the world i.e save us from our sins.

Mathew 1:21 KJV
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
so we should continue in sin that grace may abound?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus And Christian Symbology / How Do You Define Born-again Christian Fashion? / The Holy Spirit, Enabler Of Spiritual Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.