Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,609 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved (1706 Views)

Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
Lately I've been reading some interesting arguments on the subject of the believer's eternal security. Premised on the above, I've decided to clarify a few things

The crucial questions here are thus;
Is it possible for a saved person to backslide?
Is it possible for a saved person to lose his or her salvation?
Does a believer's lifestyle matter anymore after he gets saved?
Will a believer be held accountable for his or her sins after salvation?

By God's grace , we shall provide answers to these questions

Firstly, Jesus said. "No man having put his hand to the plough and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God" Lk 9:62

The man whose hand is already on the plough cannot be labelled "unbeliever". He is saved and on his way to heaven. However, he looked back, which means he's a backslider and was declared unfit for heaven. The same way Lot's wife who was held by Angels on her way to safety looked back at Sodom and Gomorrah and became a pillar of salt.
Hence, once saved is not forever saved.

Ezekiel 3: 20.
"Again, when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die in his sin and the righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered anymore ......

Meaning a once righteous man can die in iniquity. Hence, once saved is not forever saved

Matthew 7:21-23
"Not every one that saith unto me Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of my father, but he that does the will of my father in heaven
Many will say to me in that day Lord have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you, depart from me ,ye workers of iniquity"

An unbeliever cannot cast out devils using the name of Jesus
An unbeliever cannot prophecy in the name of Jesus
An unbeliever cannot perform miracles in the name of Jesus
Hence, the people Jesus talked about were born again, spirit filled believers, workers, mature Christians, gifted and anointed believers, Pastors, Prophets, Bishops, etc.
However, these saved men had secret sins, unconfessed sins they nurtured in their closets which made them workers of iniquity.

Luke 9:1

"Then he called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over devils and to cure diseases"

Dear readers, Judas Is Cariot was one of these 12 who got power and authority. But because there was the secret sin of covetousness in his heart, despite his proximity with God, the devil capitalized on that sin and used him to betray Jesus.

Hebrews 6:4-6

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and were made partakers of the holyghost
And have tasted the good word of God and powers of the world to come
If they shall fall away, to renew them unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the son of God afresh and put him to an open shame."

Here ,it is established that falling away is possible.

1Corinthians 10:12
"Wherefore, let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall"

Its abundantly obvious from the scripture above that falling away is very possible.

I could go on with more scriptures, but I'll rather stop here.
As a believer , you have a responsibility to sit up and hold tightly to what you have otherwise you may lose it.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by NobleSeed(m): 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
The bitter truth some so called church goers who call themselves Christians fail to reckon with.

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
NobleSeed:
The bitter truth some so called church goers who call themselves Christians fail to reckon with.

Hyper grace propagandist are on their way.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Alexk2(m): 6:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
God bless you for this post/thread. I pray it open eyes that couldn't see the truth about this error.
Permission tousr some of those facts please

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
It means you believe God is unable to keep his word - Titus 1:2, John 10:27-29.
The scriptures you quoted were definitely taken out of context.
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
Alexk2:
God bless you for this post/thread. I pray it open eyes that couldn't see the truth about this error.
Permission tousr some of those facts please

Please go ahead
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
@OP

What you've posted is nothing but lies and an attack on the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. I will prove it to you by showing you how you've twisted the Bible and used verses wrongly.

seyi360:

Firstly, Jesus said. "No man having put his hand to the plough and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God" Lk 9:62

The man whose hand is already on the plough cannot be labelled "unbeliever". He is saved and on his way to heaven. However, he looked back, which means he's a backslider and was declared unfit for heaven. The same way Lot's wife who was held by Angels on her way to safety looked back at Sodom and Gomorrah and became a pillar of salt.

A good look at the verse you quoted shows that Jesus is simply talking about those who doubt the kingdom of God, not those who have accepted it.

Those who hold the plough and look back are the ones who are in doubt of the gospel of the kingdom of God. Such are not fit for the kingdom of God because it takes believe without any doubt. Once you hold the plough and you continue with it, it shows you believe that there is a reward waiting for you in the kingdom.

But once you hold the plough and you look back, it means you doubt the message that there's a kingdom waiting for you. That is unbelief and such a person is an unbeliever who is not fit for the kingdom of God.

Ezekiel 3: 20.
"Again, when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die in his sin and the righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered anymore ......

Meaning a once righteous man can die in iniquity. Hence, once saved is not forever saved

You have quoted a good verse but wrongly applied it.

Firstly, we need righteousness to make heaven. But what kind of righteousness? Is it our own righteousness that gets us to heaven? Let's see what the Bible says about our own righteousness.

Isaiah 64:6 KJV
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

Since the Bible says our righteousness is as filthy rags, shouldn't that tell you that we can't enter heaven with filthy rags? Then which righteousness do we need? We need the righteousness of God which comes through believe in Jesus. That's how Abraham attained righteousness.

Genesis 15:6
And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

John 3:16 says we have to believe in Jesus Christ. When we do that, we become righteous in God's eyes because Jesus who was sinless takes upon himself our sins and gives us his righteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

So, we have two righteousness - the one which is our own and described as filthy rags, and the one gotten through believe in Jesus which leads to heaven.

So, the righteousness in the verse you quoted could never have gotten that made into heaven because it is filthy rags. It is not the one gotten from Jesus but gotten as a result of what he did as seen in the verse itself.

Matthew 7:21-23
"Not every one that saith unto me Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of my father, but he that does the will of my father in heaven
Many will say to me in that day Lord have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you, depart from me ,ye workers of iniquity"

An unbeliever cannot cast out devils using the name of Jesus
An unbeliever cannot prophecy in the name of Jesus
An unbeliever cannot perform miracles in the name of Jesus
Hence, the people Jesus talked about were born again, spirit filled believers, workers, mature Christians, gifted and anointed believers, Pastors, Prophets, Bishops, etc.
However, these saved men had secret sins, unconfessed sins they nurtured in their closets which made them workers of iniquity.

This passage ties with what I explained above.

The men were depending on their own WORKS of righteousness instead of the righteousness from God through believe in Jesus Christ.

Notice how while they were mentioning all they have done, they never mentioned that they believed in Jesus Christ. It was all about their wonderful works of righteousness which are filthy rags.

Jesus answered them saying, "I never knew you". He didn't say "I used to know you but stopped after you sinned." He said he never knew them at any point in time. That's because they didn't believe he could save them from their sins. They thought their works of righteousness is what will get them to heaven. That's why they listed it.

If it is that Jesus stopped knowing them after they sinned, then he's a liar to have said he NEVER knew them. I'm glad he's not a liar. So clearly, you have misinterpreted the passage.

Luke 9:1

"Then he called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over devils and to cure diseases"

Dear readers, Judas Is Cariot was one of these 12 who got power and authority. But because there was the secret sin of covetousness in his heart, despite his proximity with God, the devil capitalized on that sin and used him to betray Jesus.

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and were made partakers of the holyghost
And have tasted the good word of God and powers of the world to come
If they shall fall away, to renew them unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the son of God afresh and put him to an open shame."

Here ,it is established that falling away is possible.

Look, Judas was never saved. Even before Jesus called him, he was a devil.

John 6:70
Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

1Corinthians 10:12
"Wherefore, let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall"

Its abundantly obvious from the scripture above that falling away is very possible.

I could go on with more scriptures, but I'll rather stop here.
As a believer , you have a responsibility to sit up and hold tightly to what you have otherwise you may lose it.

This verse doesn't in any way talk about losing one's salvation. You are misapplying it just as you've done so far.

Mind you, John 3:16 promises eternal life to those who believe in Jesus. Eternal Life means a life that doesn't end. If it could end, then God lied when he said he gave us eternal life. I'm glad he's not a liar.

Once Saved Always Saved.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
It means you believe God is unable to keep his word - Titus 1:2, John 10:27-29.
The scriptures you quoted were definitely taken out of context.
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

This passage in no way asserts the indefectibility of the elect, and gives no countenance to ultra-predestinarian views. Christ’s sheep cannot be taken from Him against their will; but their will is free, and they may choose to leave the flock.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
seyi360:

This passage in no way asserts the indefectibility of the elect, and gives no countenance to ultra-predestinarian views. Christ’s sheep cannot be taken from Him against their will; but their will is free, and they may choose to leave the flock.
Simply impossible! Can you remove yourself from God's hands when he's holding you? No man can save himself, and no man that is saved can lose what God gave and assured him of! Salvation (eternal life) is a gift you can only receive from God -
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 6:23;
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
Ephesians 2:8
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
John 3:36
Nobody will go to heaven other than through what Christ did by paying the full penalty for their sin. I didn't save myself, so I definitely will never lose what God gave me assurance of!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
Simply impossible! Can you remove yourself from God's hands when he's holding you? No man can save himself, and no man that is saved can lose what God gave and assured him of! Salvation (eternal life) is a gift you can only receive from God -
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 6:23;
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
Ephesians 2:8
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
John 3:36
Nobody will go to heaven other than through what Christ did by paying the full penalty for their sin. I didn't save myself, so I definitely will never lose what God gave me assurance of!

God may give you a gift and you decide to discard it.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2020
seyi360:

This passage in no way asserts the indefectibility of the elect, and gives no countenance to ultra-predestinarian views. Christ’s sheep cannot be taken from Him against their will; but their will is free, and they may choose to leave the flock

@bold

When we say you guys don't believe in Jesus, you think we are lying.

Jesus himself said, no man is able to pluck his sheep out of his Father's hand, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

No man can pluck his sheep from his hand, yet you say the sheep can choose to leave. Look, they can't even choose to leave. Even if they try, they can't because no man, not even themselves, can remove them from God's hand because Jesus said in the last verse that God is greater than all.

If you believe they can pluck themselves from God's hands, then you have said they are greater than God. This shows you don't believe in Jesus who said "God is greater than all". Read the passage again.

John 10:27-29
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by chukwunweikeemi(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
I'm a christian not because I go to church but because I know I'm born again.I got born again by admitting that I am a sinner and believed on the death,burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ to be the FULL PAYMENT for my sins.I believe and my beliefs are biblical that if a person is saved the person is always saved and can never lose his salvation.So yes I believe in eternal security of the believer.I've never found a church where the doctrine of eternal security is preached and believed.Most churches will tell you that salvation is free and then they will go further to contradict themselves by telling you that you'll lose salvation by commiting a sin.This belief is called a works based salvation and it is unbiblical.Since I got saved I've tried to show some people from the bible the simplicity of salvation but they think it is too good to be true and that anybody who wants to make heaven must pay the price.Actually there are two ways to heaven:The first one is that you live a perfect life and the second one is that you depend(believe) on the one(christ) who lived a perfect life.We all sin multiple times daily and so that rules out the first possibility leaving just the second. Regardless of who you are. you'll end up in hell if you trust in anything(baptism,good works,church attendance.....etc) to save you apart from Christ Jesus. I've written this piece to ask anyone to show me a church where the doctrine of eternal security is preached and believed and where God's grace has not been taken for a license for sin.I am based in Lagos mainland.Your response will be greatly appreciated.May God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

@OP

What you've posted is nothing but lies and an attack on the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. I will prove it to you by showing you how you've twisted the Bible and used verses wrongly.

Firstly, it's a manifestation of doctrinal intolerance, immaturity and extremism to suggest that my submission are lies and an attack on the redemptive work of Christ. The fact that this topic has eschatological implications makes all suggestions speculative , which brings it under the auspices of speculative eschatology. Thus, calm down.

A good look at the verse you quoted shows that Jesus is simply talking about those who doubt the kingdom of God, not those who have accepted it.

Those who hold the plough and look back are the ones who are in doubt of the gospel of the kingdom of God. Such are not fit for the kingdom of God because it takes believe without any doubt. Once you hold the plough and you continue with it, it shows you believe that there is a reward waiting for you in the kingdom.

But once you hold the plough and you look back, it means you doubt the message that there's a kingdom waiting for you. That is unbelief and such a person is an unbeliever who is not fit for the kingdom of God.

Your submission has only reiterated my assertion. The man whose hand is on the plough believes , but later doubts the message he once believed. Is that not what I'm driving at?

Firstly, we need righteousness to make heaven. But what kind of righteousness? Is it our own righteousness that gets us to heaven? Let's see what the Bible says about our own righteousness.

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

Since the Bible says our righteousness is as filthy rags, shouldn't that tell you that we can't enter heaven with filthy rags? Then which righteousness do we need? We need the righteousness of God which comes through believe in Jesus. That's how Abraham attained righteousness.

John 3:16 says we have to believe in Jesus Christ. When we do that, we become righteous in God's eyes because Jesus who was sinless takes upon himself our sins and gives us his righteousness.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

So, we have two righteousness - the one which is our own and described as filthy rags, and the one gotten through believe in Jesus which leads to heaven.

So, the righteousness in the verse you quoted could never have gotten that made into heaven because it is filthy rags. It is not the one gotten from Jesus but gotten as a result of what he did as seen in the verse itself.

Does the righteousness gotten from Jesus absolve one of the consequences of sin after salvation? Does this righteousness grant a license to live in sin?
He that commit sin is of the devil, a saved man cannot continue to sin. His sins will push him out of the way.

The men were depending on their own WORKS of righteousness instead of the righteousness from God through believe in Jesus Christ.

Notice how while they were mentioning all they have done, they never mentioned that they believed in Jesus Christ. It was all about their wonderful works of righteousness which are filthy rags.

Jesus answered them saying, "I never knew you". He didn't say "I used to know you but stopped after you sinned." He said he never knew them at any point in time. That's because they didn't believe he could save them from their sins. They thought their works of righteousness is what will get them to heaven. That's why they listed it.

If it is that Jesus stopped knowing them after they sinned, then he's a liar to have said he NEVER knew them. I'm glad he's not a liar. So clearly, you have misinterpreted the passage.

"I never knew you, you "WORKERS OF INIQUITY"
Firstly, redemption is not a smoke screen for working of iniquity.
Those people were rejected because they were described as "workers of iniquity", which is exactly my point.
A saved man who lacks discipline and continues to play games with sin will ultimately lose the gift of salvation he got .

How would you know today if a brother were a Judas? A Christian worker, Pastor , Apostle etc who performs great signs and wonders in the church. Since you are not Jesus. Was it not the sin in Judas' life that gave him up?
Are you saying a believer can keep stealing God's money without repenting and still remain saved regardless just because he has eternal security?

My brother, don't be deceived , because God cannot be mocked, whatever a man sows same shall he reap.

This verse doesn't in any way talk about losing one's salvation. You are misapplying it just as you've done so far.

Mind you, John 3:16 promises eternal life to those who believe in Jesus. Eternal Life means a life that doesn't end. If it could end, then God lied when he said he gave us eternal life. I'm glad he's not a liar.

Once Saved Always Saved.

I thought you would counter that unambiguous scripture, but you can't.

Eternal life is a gift which the recipient may discard

Once saved is not forever saved

3 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
I am saved by Grace, not by works. Nothing I do or do not do will make me lose my salvation except I opt out through blasphemy. God forbid!

We didn't do anything to get the free gift of salvation and there's nothing we need do to keep it otherwise we make his death null and void.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
Brachaa:
I am saved by Grace, not by works. Nothing I do or do not do will make me lose my salvation except I opt out through blasphemy. God forbid!

We didn't do anything to get the free gift of salvation and there's nothing we need do to keep it otherwise we make his death null and void.

You have a point " except you opt out through blasphemy". Please don't decide to opt out, may God help you.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by chukwunweikeemi(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
Do you know any church in Lagos where the doctrine of eternal security is believed and preached and where God's grace has not beem taken for a license for sin?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
seyi360:

You have a point " except you opt out through blasphemy". Please don't decide to opt out, may God help you.

I won't by His grace.
Jesus won't even allow that cos He says, we that God has given to him, nobody will snatch us from him. So here lies my hope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
Do you know any church in Lagos where the doctrine of eternal security is believed and preached and where God's grace has not beem taken for a license for sin?

Your question is akin to asking for a pregnant virgin. Of course the folks who deliberately sin using grace as smoke screen are the propagandists of eternal security. There are many churches who subscribe to it but I don't think it's right to mention a church.

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
I'm a christian not because I go to church but because I know I'm born again.I got born again by admitting that I am a sinner and believed on the death,burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ to be the FULL PAYMENT for my sins.I believe and my beliefs are biblical that if a person is saved the person is always saved and can never lose his salvation.So yes I believe in eternal security of the believer.I've never found a church where the doctrine of eternal security is preached and believed.Most churches will tell you that salvation is free and then they will go further to contradict themselves by telling you that you'll lose salvation by commiting a sin.This belief is called a works based salvation and it is unbiblical.Since I got saved I've tried to show some people from the bible the simplicity of salvation but they think it is too good to be true and that anybody who wants to make heaven must pay the price.Actually there are two ways to heaven:The first one is that you live a perfect life and the second one is that you depend(believe) on the one(christ) who lived a perfect life.We all sin multiple times daily and so that rules out the first possibility leaving just the second. Regardless of who you are. you'll end up in hell if you trust in anything(baptism,good works,church attendance.....etc) to save you apart from Christ Jesus. I've written this piece to ask anyone to show me a church where the doctrine of eternal security is preached and believed and where God's grace has not been taken for a license for sin.I am based in Lagos mainland.Your response will be greatly appreciated.May God bless you.

Go to a Baptist Church.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
seyi360:

At this point, I have no choice but to label you an illiterate both spiritually and academically.

How can you say eternal life is a gift and that the recepient can discard it? It's ridiculous.

First, what does eternal life mean? It means a life that NEVER ends. We get eternal life when we believe in Jesus Christ because it is God's gift to us.

But you say one can discard it. This means the eternal life will END in the process. If so, then it means it wasn't eternal life you got as a gift then. Because eternal life doesn't end, nothing can make it end; it is ETERNAL.

So, you sound like an illiterate when you say eternal life can be discarded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
Brachaa:

I won't by His grace.
Jesus won't even allow that cos He says, we that God has given to him, nobody will snatch us from him. So here lies my hope.

That guy doesn't believe Jesus can keep him safe. Hence, he doesn't believe in Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

That guy doesn't believe Jesus can keep him safe. Hence, he doesn't believe in Jesus.

Jesus has fulfilled the law once and for all. So, what is still expected of us to fulfill again?

May we walk in the liberty where Christ has made us free and not continue subjecting ourselves under the law. In Jesus name.

May the Holy spirit guide us in all truths.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
seyi360:

God may give you a gift and you decide to discard it.
Can you remove yourself from God's hands? It's either that you have received the gift of eternal life or not. "Eternal", "Everlasting" both mean "endless!"
"Salvation" and "Saved" refer to a completed act. How can something that's "eternal" end for any reason whatsoever? It means it was never eternal to start with!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 10:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

My brother, I'm sure you know that there's a veil that prevents the unsaved from seeing the meaning in God's grace. And we know the source of that veil.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by chukwunweikeemi(m): 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
i've been to a baptist church and I even have a baptist member as a friend and they believe in works based salvation while preaching that they are saved by grace.What contradiction!
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

At this point, I have no choice but to label you an illiterate both spiritually and academically.

How can you say eternal life is a gift and that the recepient can discard it? It's ridiculous.

First, what does eternal life mean? It means a life that NEVER ends. We get eternal life when we believe in Jesus Christ because it is God's gift to us.

But you say one can discard it. This means the eternal life will END in the process. If so, then it means it wasn't eternal life you got as a gift then. Because eternal life doesn't end, nothing can make it end; it is ETERNAL.

So, you sound like an illiterate when you say eternal life can be discarded.

Like I said earlier, you are clearly demonstrating abysmal doctrinal intolerance, immaturity and extremism.

These issues have eschatological dimensions which makes them speculative.
Neither you nor myself have been to heaven and back
Calling me an illetrate is clearly uncalled for.
These issues fall under the Category of non essentials
Whatever your conviction is, let it guide you
Make your point and avoid getting saucy.

4 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
Can you remove yourself from God's hands? It's either that you have received the gift of eternal life or not. "Eternal", "Everlasting" both mean "endless!"
"Salvation" and "Saved" refer to a completed act. How can something that's "eternal" end for any reason whatsoever? It means it was never eternal to start with!

Whatever you choose to believe, the critical question is; does it give you the right to live in sin and go Scot free?

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

You need to be deprogrammed and reprogrammed

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

@OP

Once Saved Always Saved.

Firstly, it's a manifestation of doctrinal intolerance, immaturity and extremism to suggest that my submission are lies and an attack on the redemptive work of Christ. The fact that this topic has eschatological implications makes all suggestions speculative , which brings it under the auspices of speculative eschatology. Thus, calm down.

Your submission has only reiterated my assertion. The man whose hand is on the plough believes , but later doubts the message he once believed. Is that not what I'm driving at?

Does the righteousness gotten from Jesus absolve one of the consequences of sin after salvation? Does this righteousness grant a license to live in sin?
He that commit sin is of the devil, a saved man cannot continue to sin. His sins will push him out of the way.

"I never knew you, you "WORKERS OF INIQUITY"
Firstly, redemption is not a smoke screen for working of iniquity.
Those people were rejected because they were described as "workers of iniquity", which is exactly my point.
A saved man who lacks discipline and continues to play games with sin will ultimately lose the gift of salvation he got .

How would you know today if a brother were a Judas? A Christian worker, Pastor , Apostle etc who performs great signs and wonders in the church. Since you are not Jesus. Was it not the sin in Judas' life that gave him up?
Are you saying a believer can keep stealing God's money without repenting and still remain saved regardless just because he has eternal security?

My brother, don't be deceived , because God cannot be mocked, whatever a man sows same shall he reap.

6 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by OKpaewu(m): 12:03am On Sep 06, 2020
If you think you are saved and mistakenly die on top of a woman not your wife, my brother you are on your own. Those pastors that are caught with married women( genuine pastors oo) who had accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and savior will go to hell had it been they died on top of those women not their wife.
Please once save is not always saved ooo
I don't even know where this doctrine is coming from

5 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 12:26am On Sep 06, 2020
It is unfortunate today that this young generation of Christians have been misled into error.
Our fathers of faith lived a life worthy of emulation and that is why the church in Nigeria is strong today. The principles and tenets of the Apostolic faith were adherred to.
However, with the proliferation of modern day teachings and user friendly brand of Christianity that absolves one of every responsible, there is fire on the mountain.

I gathered these self explanatory scriptures to help someone that if you don't hold on to what you have, you can lose it.
As usual, they will call it misinterpretation of scriptures, but I pray you will be humble enough to see God's word for what it is.

2 Timothy 2:18
[18]Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some

Meaning: Some people's faith was overthrown.

1 Timothy 4:1-2
[1]Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
[2]Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared

Note: Some shall depart from the faith

1 Timothy 1:19-20
[19]Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

So, faith can shipwreck?

[4]For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
[5]And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
[6]If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

If you can't see the truth in this scripture, no one will show you.

Happy Sunday

5 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by chiommy123(f): 7:16am On Sep 06, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

@OP

Once Saved Always Saved.
so if someone that calls himself a Christian continues lying, fornicating, fighting, etc and dies therein the person is still saved ba?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Disrupt The Secret Meetings And Plans Of Witches From Your Own Bedroom / Kenneth Copeland Ministries Sent Jet To Afghanistan To Evacuate Christians / This day!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.