Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved (1736 Views)

Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by seyi360(m): 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
chiommy123:
so we should continue in sin that grace may abound?

These guys are just amazing, I don't know what church they attend, who mentors them. This is why Christianity has been almost reduced to a powerless, non effective religion. Apostle Paul warned against such people with doctrines of devils ages ago.

I encourage them to read the epistle of Paul to the Romans and show me where Paul condoned sin.
Paul said "he brings his body under subjection so after he has witnessed to others he won't be a cast away"

1 Timothy 4:1-2
[1]Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
[2]Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared religion
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by alBHAGDADI: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
chiommy123:
so we should continue in sin that grace may abound?

You have asked a question. Now the answer according to the Bible is that where there is something n, Grace abounds much more. This means Grace is bigger than sin.

Romans 5:20
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

We don't sin because we love God, not because it is what we need to make heaven.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by delkuf(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2020
Brachaa:

Lol... Extrovert I guess...

I got no friends. I don't have the strength biko.

Enjoy your outing.
Am not like that, is just that there are some things I need to discuss with him
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
delkuf:
Am not like that, is just that there are some things I need to discuss with him

Ok. Cool. smiley
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Tolu300: 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
You see I have been hearing so much about many issues in christianity which is always a concern to me. If you read church history, you will see that they had so many doctrinal issues that made them so divided about many issues causing some regions that had christianity to have them no more.
One thing I have discovered is that if people submit to the Holy Spirit as they read the scriptures, not reading the scriptures with preconceived notions put out there by people, then many of these answers we are talking about will be seen through his eyes.
My own contribution to this talk is that let us all relax!!! Then secondly let's ask the Holy Spirit to guide us into the truths in the word of God.
I remember reading Kenneth E Hagins book and he talked about the fact that he didn't believe in speaking in tongues. Infact some christians saw those that spoke in tongues to be possessed in those days. In this confusion, he went to the one who has the answers to all questions and the Holy Spirit was able to make him understand the truth in the scriptures. Infact this is a quote of his conversation when he aired his doubt to God.
" But, Lord, I believe in the Holy Ghost. Its tongues im not sure about." God cleared his doubts and he was now one of the people that preached about it the most in his days.
when we read scriptures it is important for us not to be familiar with one or some books of the scriptures but with everything so that we will have a full understanding of the full picture and not half the picture.
God's purpose is for us to love one another and for us to be one. When we all submit to the true leadership of the Holy Spirit we won't be on two divides but we will all speak with one voice.
God bless us all

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
Brachaa:

Lol... Extrovert I guess...

I got no friends. I don't have the strength biko.

Enjoy your outing.

How many accounts will you open In space of one year?? See your face sef, I hope you aren't over thinking??.......
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
Evolutionlove:

How many accounts will you open In space of one year?? See your face sef, I hope you aren't over thinking??.......

Who goes there grin?

What's wrong with my face? Na early morning look be that na. You expected pancaked face?? Duh!!

Thinking about what? The only thing that was making me worried was lock down on schools but thank God, school is resuming this year.

By the way, who are you?? undecided

Free me abeg! tongue
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Acehart: 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
Definitely not Independent Baptist Churches. I was saved at Independent Baptist Church Festac and they still preach salvation by grace through faith!

Though the Baptist Churches are founded on the Baptist confession of Faith, going by what is sounded on the pulpit in Baptist Churches here in the South West, messages tilt towards Salvation by works or the keeping of your salvation through works. It may not be a Sunday tonic of the pulpit in the adult church but many teenage churches are a-washed with this false doctrine. The Pentecostalisation of the Baptist Church here in the south west is real; Salvation by works, a doctrine of Pentecostals, is preached in many forms.

I hope the Independent Baptist Church in Festac keeps its guard up in the truth you speak of because many Reverends in the Baptist Church are Baptist by day and creep to those Highway camps at night. It is really bad.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by chiommy123(f): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
seyi360:

These guys are just amazing, I don't know what church they attend, who mentors them. This is why Christianity has been almost reduced to a powerless, non effective religion. Apostle Paul warned against such people with doctrines of devils ages ago.

I encourage them to read the epistle of Paul to the Romans and show me where Paul condoned sin.
Paul said "he brings his body under subjection so after he has witnessed to others he won't be a cast away"

1 Timothy 4:1-2
[1]Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
[2]Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared religion
may God help us oh am really surprised

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by OKpaewu(m): 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
Surprise is even an understatement ooo

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
Acehart:

Though the Baptist Churches are founded on the Baptist confession of Faith, going by what is sounded on the pulpit in Baptist Churches here in the South West, messages tilt towards Salvation by works or the keeping of your salvation through works. It may not be a Sunday tonic of the pulpit in the adult church but many teenage churches are a-washed with this false doctrine. The Pentecostalisation of the Baptist Church here in the south west is real; Salvation by works, a doctrine of Pentecostals, is preached in many forms.

I hope the Independent Baptist Church in Festac keeps its guard up in the truth you speak of because many Reverends in the Baptist Church are Baptist by day and creep to those Highway camps at night. It is really bad.
They definitely keep their guard up! There is only one gospel to preach regarding the great commission in Matthew 28:18 - 20 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:cool
Secondly Independent Baptists are generally different from the Nigerian Baptist convention churches who seem to have become Pentecostal.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Acehart: 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
They definitely keep their guard up! There is only one gospel to preach regarding the great commission in Matthew 28:18 - 20 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:cool
Secondly Independent Baptists are generally different from the Nigerian Baptist convention churches who seem to have become Pentecostal.

Cc: chukwunweikeemi

You would have to visit the Independent Baptist Church at Festac if it is convenient.

Emmanuel, I never knew such a dichotomy existed in the Baptist movement. It is nice to know.

Have a lovely week ahead.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 6:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
Acehart:

Cc: chukwunweikeemi

You would have to visit the Independent Baptist Church at Festac if it is convenient.

Emmanuel, I never knew such a dichotomy existed in the Baptist movement. It is nice to know.

Have a lovely week ahead.
It does exist my brother. "Independent" because churches in the Bible were local assemblies - no headquarters collecting percentages of offerings worldwide with which to buy private jets. Have a blessed week too!
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by chukwunweikeemi(m): 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
@Acehart and Emmanuelcann thanks so very much.I appreciate your suggestions and contributions.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by OkCornel(m): 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

This is a big lie. If you are saved and you die fornicating, you will go to heaven. Dying ontop of a woman not your wife is enough punishment for your sins. You won't go to hell because Jesus has paid for your sins to save you from it. Read my previous post.

I am not surprised. Seeing one justify a sinful lifestyle he was busted for months ago. cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/5578996/indian-pastor-backs-pastor-adeboye#84898079

cc; Chijokz, 1Sharon, Jesusjnr2020, seyi360

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
i've been to a baptist church and I even have a baptist member as a friend and they believe in works based salvation while preaching that they are saved by grace.What contradiction!
There is no such thing as work-based Salvation. The problem is many don't even understand what Salvation, as defined by Jesus Christ means. Those who are saved(Salvation) at saved from the condemnation of sin which is death (perishing in the grave) and in turn granted the gift of eternal life. That gift can never be taken back so once a person is saved from the first death, one can never experience it again.

Now how to be saved? Very simple! According to Jesus Christ, once you believe in Him, eat the last supper, you have eternal life. You can read of this beginning from the gospel of John chapter 1 through to 12. Salvation does not include any additional works other than the ones prescribed by Jesus Christ that if you believe, eat His body and drink his blood(actual food that is), you have eternal life in Him.

Salvation should not be confused with being Born again though. Salvation guarantees Eternal life but does not guarantee entry into God's Kingdom. It is only those who go on to become Born again after being saved(Salvation from the condemnation of sin which is death in the grave), that will enter into Heaven. All the others who were saved Dx from perishing in the grave but refuse to go on to become born again afterwards will spend their gift of eternity in Hell.

How does one become worthy of becoming a follower of Jesus Christ/born again? According to Jesus Christ, the one has to be born of water and the Spirit of God and the only way to this through obedience, but of what? Of the commandments that Jesus Christ Himself set before all those who will obey Him, the commandments of the New Covenant agreement between God and man. The born again life is the work-based agreement between God and man and as Jesus Christ stressed over and over, only those who obey Him and submit to the will of His Father in Heaven will He abide in.

So yes, once a person is saved(from the first death which is condemnation of sin), the person is saved and granted eternal life. However, eternal life can either be spent in Heaven or Hell depending on the next choices made after Salvation has been granted.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
seyi360:

Hyper grace propagandist are on their way.

What does it mean to be saved?

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

What does it mean to be saved?
According to Jesus Christ, it means to be granted salvation from death -those condemned to die this death cease to exist- mind, body and soul - once they close their eyes for the last time on this earth. A direct result of Salvation, however, is eternal life a.k.a life after death. And since the one who bestows this gift on all those who believe in Him, Jesus Christ, said those who believe Him can never be condemned to die that same old death, it becomes valid to claim that " once saved, always saved" with the right understanding of what salvation is, what one is saved from, and how one can be saved.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2020
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, it means to be granted salvation from death -those condemned to die this death cease to exist- mind, body and soul - once they close their eyes for the last time on this earth. A direct result of Salvation, however, is eternal life a.k.a life after death. And since the one who bestows this gift on all those who believe in Him, Jesus Christ, said those who believe Him can never be condemned to die that same old death, it becomes valid to claim that " once saved, always saved" with the right understanding of what salvation is, what one is saved from, and how one can be saved.

Did Jesus say there is a condition he can take back this salvation?

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

Did Jesus say there is a condition he can take back this salvation?
When you find it, let me know since I am yet to find a single place where Jesus Christ explains how the gift of eternity can be revoked. But He does warn that eternity can be spent in Hell.
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
When you find it, let me know since I am yet to find a single place where Jesus Christ explains how the gift of eternity can be revoked. But He does warn that eternity can be spent in Hell.

No b you talk say one need to be saved multiple times
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by haddeylium(m): 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2020
Salvation is purely an expression of God's undeserved kindness!

No amount of works can earns someone salvation.

God's in his mercy extend this invaluable gift to anyone that excercise/show faith in Christ ransom sacrifice.

The Only way to show true faith in Jesus' sacrifice is through our works . "Faith without work is dead".
It's so because even the demons believe Jesus but they don't have work to show for it!

Heb. 5:9, : “He [Jesus] became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him.”

That verse shows that Salvation is conditional and exclusive !
Obedience to him 'is the work that demonstrate Genuine Christains Faith'

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

Where I talk wet in you claim say I talk so? undecided undecided
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Emmanuelcann: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2021
If God cannot keep you saved then go ahead and save yourself if you believe it can ever be possible!
The salvation that God offers through Jesus Christ is in past tense - "saved!" - 1 John 5:11-13!!!
Re: Once Saved Is Not Forever Saved by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
soulpeppersoup:

where do you find ne making such a claim? undecided

Salvation is an eternal contract. However, that eternal life you obtain can be spent either in Heaven or in Hell depending on what you do after you obtain it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Saying "JESUS Is LORD" Save You? How Do We Reconcile This Two Verses? / Ted Haggard Returns To Start Up His Own Church / Christians Can Drink Alcohol?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.