Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn (802 Views)

$25 Billion Nigeria-Morocco Gas Pipeline Project Advances Into Northern Section / Update on Ongoing Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano Gas Pipeline Project / Phase1 Of Nigeria- Morocco Gas Pipeline Project Nears Completion. PICTURES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by iwaeda: 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
Another broth of corruption is brewing at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, with the inflation of the 614km Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano, AKK, natural gas pipeline project by $1,527,846,000 (One billion, Five hundred and twenty-seven million, eight hundred and forty-six thousand, nine hundred US dollars) equivalent to N615 billion.

The Bureau for Public Procurement, BPP, blew the lid off the scam perpetrated by Mele Kolo Kyari-led NNPC in connivance with the deceased ex-Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Abba Kyari.

Documents on the contract seen by this newspaper revealed that the grand total of the contract initially awarded to three consortiums was $2,911,080,000 broken down as follow: OilServ-Oando ($854,518,750); CSOIL Consortium ($834,426,250) and Brentex-CPP ($1,222,136,000). The contract was later reviewed downward to $2,890,522,548.36.

The contract process was going well until NNPC, after deceiving the Federal Executive Council, FEC, in December 2017 and getting its approval demanded a ‘Due Process Certificate of No Objection’ from the BPP. The BPP in the course of scrutinising the contract details discovered mind-boggling corruption of over-invoicing and inflation.

For instance, in the case of procurement of 614,000 metres of pipes for the project, it was discovered that NNPC inflated unit cost of pipes from $513 per metre to $3,000 per metre thereby pushing the total cost for the procurement of pipes alone from $314,982,000 to a whopping $1,842,824,900.00, a difference of $1,527,846,000.

The BPP report seen by our reporter heavily indicted NNPC, stressing that the $1,527,846,000 fraud was for pipes alone. This triggers the alarm that there might be other embedded fraud in the other aspects of the contract which has been touted as one of the legacy projects of the Buhari administration.

An evaluation report on the contract summarised it thus: “A deep incisive analysis of the BPP Report reveals a hastily compiled, tardy and unprofessional submission which is bereft of any significant engineering inputs, technical information and without consideration for the Unit Rates or the Bill of Quantities as is usually expected in the review of such engineering projects.

“We are also reliably informed that as at present date, there is still no Detailed Design, neither are there technical specifications for the project,” the report said.

Documents on the contract further revealed that the second awardee, CSOIL Consortium, was thrown into internal administrative wrangling and was therefore unable to accept the contract. Attempts by NNPC officials to help the consortium overcome its internal bickering proved abortive, forcing the NNPC to split the contract meant for CSOIL to both OilServ-Oando and Brentex-CPP.

Documents showed that BPP in an effort to avoid embarrassment on the contract and litigation from CSOIL, the disqualified consortium, sought for a meeting with NNPC officials. The meeting which held on August 2, 2018 at the Conference Room of BPP was attended by nine BPP officials led by Babatunde Kuye, Director, Energy Infrastructure, and five NNPC officials led by Al-Amin Musa, General Manager, Pipelines.

Construction of the gas project is in line with the Nigerian Gas Master Plan, NGMP, which was approved in 2008 as a guide for the commercial exploitation and management of Nigeria gas sector, but the process for implementation and award of contract was initiated by NNPC in 2017 when it sought and got approval from President Buhari.

It was aimed at “growing the Nigerian economy with gas and is expected to process 4 billion standard cubic feet per day(bscfd) of rich gas from a variety of oil and gas producing areas in three central processing facilities located according to clusters of gas supply and distribute the sale of gas via the nearest transmission pipeline system,” according to the proposal.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/exposed-how-nnpc-inflated-akk-gas-pipeline-project-by-1-527bn/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by iwaeda: 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nigeria lack honest leaders and men.
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Racoon(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
...Nasir el Rufai, has said Nigeria must do away with its “corrupt” oil company, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, or stand the risk of itself being destroyed.“If you don’t kill the NNPC, it will kill Nigeria,”

Mr. El-Rufai said the NNPC has become so entrenched in corruption that the only way out for Nigeria is not to attempt to salvage the corporation, but to destroy it and create a new oil company.He said he hoped President Muhammadu Buhari will implement that proposal.

He said NNPC has become so corrupt and arrogant that it runs a parallel government and unilaterally decides what it remits to a nation of 170 million people, while its hundreds of employees feed fat on Nigeria’s resources.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186622-nigeria-must-kill-nnpc-el-rufai.html

Abeg who is the minister of petroleum again? Of course he is still enjoying the cesspool of putrifying corruption that is oozing stench @ the NNPC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by micfoley: 3:07am On Sep 07, 2020
My people, l fear who no fear this country o!

2 Likes

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Rugaria: 3:12am On Sep 07, 2020
This is by far the most corrupt government in the history of this country.... They seem so much in a hurry to loot everything in sight... And they are looting big..

2 Likes

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by pyyxxaro: 5:14am On Sep 07, 2020
Make there sell this Country, then give everybody his or her share
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by senatorshegsy5: 5:56am On Sep 07, 2020
When the north finish with our oil then what is left?

1 Like

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by alwayslearning9: 5:59am On Sep 07, 2020
Only God can save this country
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Ekejoestar(m): 6:06am On Sep 07, 2020
And the worst thing is that they will not spend the looted money here in Nigeria.
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by EMMY76: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2020
iwaeda:
Another broth of corruption is brewing at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, with the inflation of the 614km Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano, AKK, natural gas pipeline project by $1,527,846,000 (One billion, Five hundred and twenty-seven million, eight hundred and forty-six thousand, nine hundred US dollars) equivalent to N615 billion.

The Bureau for Public Procurement, BPP, blew the lid off the scam perpetrated by Mele Kolo Kyari-led NNPC in connivance with the deceased ex-Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Abba Kyari.

Documents on the contract seen by this newspaper revealed that the grand total of the contract initially awarded to three consortiums was $2,911,080,000 broken down as follow: OilServ-Oando ($854,518,750); CSOIL Consortium ($834,426,250) and Brentex-CPP ($1,222,136,000). The contract was later reviewed downward to $2,890,522,548.36.

The contract process was going well until NNPC, after deceiving the Federal Executive Council, FEC, in December 2017 and getting its approval demanded a ‘Due Process Certificate of No Objection’ from the BPP. The BPP in the course of scrutinising the contract details discovered mind-boggling corruption of over-invoicing and inflation.

For instance, in the case of procurement of 614,000 metres of pipes for the project, it was discovered that NNPC inflated unit cost of pipes from $513 per metre to $3,000 per metre thereby pushing the total cost for the procurement of pipes alone from $314,982,000 to a whopping $1,842,824,900.00, a difference of $1,527,846,000.

The BPP report seen by our reporter heavily indicted NNPC, stressing that the $1,527,846,000 fraud was for pipes alone. This triggers the alarm that there might be other embedded fraud in the other aspects of the contract which has been touted as one of the legacy projects of the Buhari administration.

An evaluation report on the contract summarised it thus: “A deep incisive analysis of the BPP Report reveals a hastily compiled, tardy and unprofessional submission which is bereft of any significant engineering inputs, technical information and without consideration for the Unit Rates or the Bill of Quantities as is usually expected in the review of such engineering projects.

“We are also reliably informed that as at present date, there is still no Detailed Design, neither are there technical specifications for the project,” the report said.

Documents on the contract further revealed that the second awardee, CSOIL Consortium, was thrown into internal administrative wrangling and was therefore unable to accept the contract. Attempts by NNPC officials to help the consortium overcome its internal bickering proved abortive, forcing the NNPC to split the contract meant for CSOIL to both OilServ-Oando and Brentex-CPP.

Documents showed that BPP in an effort to avoid embarrassment on the contract and litigation from CSOIL, the disqualified consortium, sought for a meeting with NNPC officials. The meeting which held on August 2, 2018 at the Conference Room of BPP was attended by nine BPP officials led by Babatunde Kuye, Director, Energy Infrastructure, and five NNPC officials led by Al-Amin Musa, General Manager, Pipelines.

Construction of the gas project is in line with the Nigerian Gas Master Plan, NGMP, which was approved in 2008 as a guide for the commercial exploitation and management of Nigeria gas sector, but the process for implementation and award of contract was initiated by NNPC in 2017 when it sought and got approval from President Buhari.

It was aimed at “growing the Nigerian economy with gas and is expected to process 4 billion standard cubic feet per day(bscfd) of rich gas from a variety of oil and gas producing areas in three central processing facilities located according to clusters of gas supply and distribute the sale of gas via the nearest transmission pipeline system,” according to the proposal.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/exposed-how-nnpc-inflated-akk-gas-pipeline-project-by-1-527bn/

Nothing will still happen to the people indicted in this report. The kind of mind boggling corruption that will be unveiled by the time this buhari's regime leaves office in 2023 will definitely makes gej govt a child play.

1 Like

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by omenka(m): 8:03am On Sep 07, 2020
I wish I didn't read this news. I'm having a serious headache seeing these figures.

These people can best be described as demons not humans. Perhaps they have pushed Nigeria to the throes of death and know that ultimate fate is inevitable, so they're in a mad rush to plunder as much as they cam for the uncertain future that lies ahead.

I'm this regard, Buhari has failed woefully. Almost no difference between what is happening now and what we stood against then, which was why the previous admin was given the boots. Very saddening.

2 Likes

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by iwaeda: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2020
omenka:
I wish I didn't read this news. I'm having a serious headache seeing these figures.

These people can best be described as demons not humans. Perhaps they have pushed Nigeria to the throes of death and know that ultimate fate is inevitable, so they're in a mad rush to plunder as much as they cam for the uncertain future that lies ahead.

I'm this regard, Buhari has failed woefully. Almost no difference between what is happening now and what we stood against then, which was why the previous admin was given the boots. Very saddening.

You are just realising, I saw your support and vocal support for this administration.
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Racoon(m): 8:11am On Sep 07, 2020
omenka:
....Perhaps they have pushed Nigeria to the throes of death and know that ultimate fate is inevitable, so they're in a mad rush to plunder as much as they cam for the uncertain future that lies ahead.

Well, you now understand when you guys were chanting sai baba back then & some of us said-nothing will change.Bubu's body odour have no effect because he is part of the corrupt system.True! Nigeria is going to disintegrate so the massive looting ongoing.

Corruption put him there & he must dance to it.Guess you still remember how he handled the infamous budget passing scandal exposed by Jibril in the HOR?
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by omenka(m): 8:20am On Sep 07, 2020
iwaeda:

You are just realising, I saw your support and vocal support for this administration.
And so? Does the admin turning out corrupt negate the fact Jonathan was a failure and a change was desperately needed?

We will keep changing them until such a time comes when we have the right people in the corridors of power.

Only a fool would support politicians regardless of their woeful outings simply because they belong to their preferred party, and, sadly, that is the hallmark of pdp supporters. Over their dead bodies that they see anything wrong with jonathan or anyone affiliated with pdp under his regime.

Take racoon to hell and back, for example, he will NEVER admit Jonathan had any flaws. That is the difference between me and you people.

2 Likes

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by ThatFairGuy1: 8:28am On Sep 07, 2020
This is when 5% of people are truly lifting a rock and over 90% are dragging it down.

WHO COULD BE TRUST AGAIN?
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by iwaeda: 8:59am On Sep 07, 2020
omenka:
And so? Does the admin turning out corrupt negate the fact Jonathan was a failure and a change was desperately needed?

We will keep changing them until such a time comes when we have the right people in the corridors of power.

Only a fool would support politicians regardless of their woeful outings simply because they belong to their preferred party, and, sadly, that is the hallmark of pdp supporters. Over their dead bodies that they see anything wrong with jonathan or anyone affiliated with pdp under his regime.

Take racoon to hell and back, for example, he will NEVER admit Jonathan had any flaws. That is the difference between me and you people.

Self denial is the most painful thing to accept

1 Like

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by omenka(m): 9:09am On Sep 07, 2020
Racoon:

Well, you now understand when you guys were chanting sai baba back then & some of us said-nothing will change.Bubu's body odour have no effect because he is part of the corrupt system.True! Nigeria is going to disintegrate so the massive looting ongoing.

Corruption put him there & he must dance to it.Guess you still remember how he handled the infamous budget passing scandal exposed by Jibril in the HOR?
You're out of your depths. Your anger stems from the fact that pdp isnt the one doing the stealing, you wouldn't have had any problems with it.

If we were to be taken back to 2015, I still wouldn't vote Jonathan. That you should know. My desire is for a prosperous and corruption free Nigeria and not the prosperity of some useless political party. You and I are totally different in our ideology.

Perhaps pdp losing made you lose your source of livelihood, I dont know. But hear this, Buhari has failed, pdp isn't an option. Take that to the bank.

Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Babacele: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2020
omenka:
You're out of your depths. Your anger stems from the fact that pdp isnt the one doing the stealing, you wouldn't have had any problems with it.

If we were to be taken back to 2015, I still wouldn't vote Jonathan. That you should know. My desire is for a prosperous and corruption free Nigeria and not the prosperity of some useless political party. You and I are totally different in our ideology.

Perhaps pdp losing made you lose your source of livelihood, I dont know. But hear this, Buhari has failed, pdp isn't an option. Take that to the bank.

Nonsense.
just dey look that raven first.....some of his and his types' posts are well filed n kept for future references at d appropriate time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Fash20: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2020
Una never see anything... The biggest scam i have ever seen in my life is this country. Funniest thing is people failed to see it. This is billion dollars oo not million dollars.
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by GamalNasser: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2020
When I say Buhari govt is the most corrupt Nigeria has had till date I know what I am saying

1 Like

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by History555: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2020
A whole 1.5 billion dollars. No technical drawings. And this is just the beginning of the looting. The contractors neva steal their own
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Charmingrascal(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2020
Buhari is really fighting kwaroption
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Babacele: 10:58am On Sep 07, 2020
omenka:

spot on......we replaced GEJ with Buhari to safe the country from the then imminent collapses ,and because we felt Buhari would be damn far better even if he could not guarantee any eldorado but since this is what is turning out to be, despite the mischievous i - told - you - so mockeries from supporters of a far worse and rotten PDP( which most def is more of a badwish for Buhari to fail than any informed claim to prediction so that they can satisfy their whatever devilish ish they have against a man that defeated their guy - GEJ-,and party), we must not relent in our efforts at demanding a better nation no matter whose ox is gored. After all we are for nobody but for Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Babacele: 11:13am On Sep 07, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
This is when 5% of people are truly lifting a rock and over 90% are dragging it down.

WHO COULD BE TRUST AGAIN?
If only Buhari knew how his disappointing outcome is making so many persons loose faith in supposedly upright persons , and recommending such for future public responsibilities.... Damn if under Buhari ,an atmosphere that aids corruption pervades, then who the hell can we trust? I lost faith when the thieving AG removed the artery if this administration - Ibrahim Magu without a single, proven case against the not- perfect - but - better Magu. Only a vindication of Magu and the deconstruction of malami can restore a bit of that faith......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by Obamaofusa: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
Corruption will stop and we will continue to grow.
Re: Exposed! How NNPC Inflated Akk Gas Pipeline Project By $1.527bn by richeso: 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
abeg who is the Minister for Petroleum ?

(1) (Reply)

Restructuring: Adeboye, Ooni, Duke, Others Demand Action From Buhari / #endsars Protest Hits Jalingo As Youths Protest Hike In Fares / Tinubu Just Did What Every Politician Was Expected To Do When SHTF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.