Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,252 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! (6970 Views)

Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President / Hundreds Queue To See The Former Libyan Leader lying Dead In Cold Storage / Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2011
Phony200:

I saw the speech. He didn't look or sound very normal. Good thing the black africans are not revolution-inclined otherwise Gbagbo should have heard the music by now.
No it is not a good thing at all young man.
@topic,
Who are the people that are bombing and killing protesters? Are they not Libyans as well?
How can they go ahead to kill the people who are fighting for a better life and future for them because their oppressor requested it?
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by eewule(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2011
We black people in sub saharan africa are peace loving people thats why we dont do revolution instead look for better means to get rid of our most evil leaders.

This Gaddafi guy was once laughing at Nigeria and saying that our country should be divided-up due to christain and Moslem fighting in jos. But today our people go about their life peacefully but his country is in tumoil with revolution and killing and people cursing him out.
So which country is the laughing-stock now ? , Mmm?
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by olumyde5(m): 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
banom:

My sister this  has nothing to do with fear of God or Satan, Power is very sweet, you need to taste it to see what i am saying, is people who dont have power that say what you just said.

Na wa ooo the guy wan turn the thing to chieftancy title chei!!!!! 'President of Libya' does this look like a chieftancy title?
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by AjanleKoko: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
Hmm. Tough Guy!
That speech had me quaking in front of the TV. I dey silently pray make he no plank me join dem o shocked

The last of the hard men. Well, una no fit blame the guy. He's got nowhere to go, and he's been here before. Just sitting around making noise is not going to remove this guy.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by rashy(m): 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2011
@segunjowo
Lolz, its jst d ugly truth!!
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by bestman09(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2011
Is the man alright?? He should go to ARO mental home to have his head examined to know if he is SANE! After more than 40 yrs,he is still power hungry
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by matazzmagi(m): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2011
libya might divide east and west people are getting wiser nigeria might follow soon!!!!
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by tyson55(m): 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2011
Me think Gaddafi was on crack when he went on air yestarday. Why else would a leader call his people "raoches & rats" and threaten to kill them all who opposes him. My biggest dissapointent of all is Saif al-islam ranting on Libyain state tv, he was clueless and seems to rabbling over and over. This was a guy who the west thought was a reformist, a guy who was well educated, he attended and graduated from the prestigius London school of Economics.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by tlops(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2011
Is Libya part of AU or EU? cos all I here on BBC is that the EU is threatening this and that, what are African leaders doing? haha none of them can talk cause they are in the same shoe.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by tlops(m): 7:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
tyson55:

Me think Gaddafi was on crack when he went on air yestarday. Why else would a leader call his people "raoches & rats" and threaten to kill them all who opposes him. My biggest dissapointent of all is Saif al-islam ranting on Libyain state tv, he was clueless and seems to rabbling over and over. This was a guy who the west thought was a reformist, a guy who was well educated, he attended and graduated from the prestigius London school of Economics.

He was def on cheap drugs.
I wondered if he went home to listen to himself,by the time he's done, he would have executed everyone in Libya (H2H cleansing). maybe a blood print on the door post will make him passover (who knows).

GEJ should go and withdraw Nigerians in Libya, this one is more urgent than the one in Egypt,
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by 1money: 7:07pm On Feb 23, 2011
It's a pity African leaders hold on to power like their pillow for sleeping.

But wait o Gaddafi always fights for Africa against Europeans and Americans, if he goes now who will speak for and stand up for Africans?
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by blinx4real(m): 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2011
[quote author=eewule link=topic=610372.msg7786060#
This Gaddafi guy was once laughing at Nigeria and saying that our country should be divided-up due to christain and Moslem fighting in jos. But today our people go about their life peacefully but his country is in tumoil with revolution and killing and people cursing him out.
So which country is the laughing-stock now ?    , Mmm?

[/quote]

I laugh in Arabic.
The curses being rained on nigeria's enemy are already working, na only PDP remain
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by cap28: 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
tyson55:

Please listen to the content of Saif's speech and look at his body language here, stop buying in to western controlled propaganda, please!!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6I5hktEs0
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by febirac(m): 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
i  think gaddafi is crazy . he has killed over 300 people in this few days which is like 5% of libyan population. libyan population is about 6million people. if he didnt die in this crisis he will be charged for genocide. i think he believed he own libya. it is very sad.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by yme1(f): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^^^
According to his speech he said he has not ordered anyone to open fire on civilians but we all know that is total BS cheesy cheesy
after forty-something years of ruling yet he doesnt want to step down that really does baffle me undecided
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by pkv(m): 12:44am On Feb 24, 2011
death meat no dey fear knife again!, mayb he 4got d story of d general 4rm kano in a hurry!
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by owobokiri(m): 7:00am On Feb 24, 2011
Me think Gaddafi was on crack when he went on air yestarday. Why else would a leader call his people "raoches & rats" and threaten to kill them all who opposes him. My biggest dissapointent of all is Saif al-islam ranting on Libyain state tv, he was clueless and seems to rabbling over and over. This was a guy who the west thought was a reformist, a guy who was well educated, he attended and graduated from the prestigius London school of Economics

Na waah! Prestigeous ko? Egregious ni? This is what facebook does to your mentality. So the most important thing for Salif to do at this challenging time is to dance to the wishes of the west? Why is it that many Nigerians ALWAYS show this desperate tendency to lick the white-mans feet? Too much CNN? Maybe the Chinese contineud to produce leaders that obey western commands and that is why they are where they are today? This kind of thinking will lead you to no where in a world where the west dont care about you but their interests. Reminds me of Nigerian politicians who are willing to sell their country short just to be invited to the white house .

How many countries in Africa have succeeded because they produced leaders that dance to the whims of the west? Has periodic elections rigged to favor the west made Baghdad or Kabul better places than Tripoli Prisons housing some of the worst terrorists in Libya have been emptied, Al qaeda is declaring an emirate near Benghazi, army and police stations taken over and you feel the best line for a government figure to take is a pro western view so he will be in the good books of the almighty west. SMH, If we don't tune down the level of BBC and CNN watched by Nigerians, we will get to a stage where Nigerians will be nominating western buddies from facebook to run for Nigerias presidency,
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by Felibaby(f): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2011
owobokiri:

Na waah! Prestigeous ko? Egregious ni? This is what facebook does to your mentality. So the most important thing for Salif to do at this challenging time is to dance to the wishes of the west? Why is it that many Nigerians ALWAYS show this desperate tendency to lick the white-mans feet? Too much CNN? Maybe the Chinese contineud to produce leaders that obey western commands and that is why they are where they are today? This kind of thinking will lead you to no where in a world where the west dont care about you but their interests. Reminds me of Nigerian politicians who are willing to sell their country short just to be invited to the white house .

How many countries in Africa have succeeded because they produced leaders that dance to the whims of the west? Has periodic elections rigged to favor the west made Baghdad or Kabul better places than Tripoli Prisons housing some of the worst terrorists in Libya have been emptied, Al qaeda is declaring an emirate near Benghazi, army and police stations taken over and you feel the best line for a government figure to take is a pro western view so he will be in the good books of the almighty west. SMH, If we don't tune down the level of BBC and CNN watched by Nigerians, we will get to a stage where Nigerians will be nominating western buddies from facebook to run for Nigerias presidency,

You are spewing rubbish.

Check ur brain wink
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by cumba(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2011
In modern man's thinking, MUAMMAR GADDAFI had rule LIBYA for too long. I recognise that through his revolution he used his country's oil wealth to better the lives of his long suffering countrymen and women alike, unlike the foolish locusts we have as leaders in oil-rich Nigeria.i am still yet to come to terms how he got to this sorry of calling his once beloved country people he should therefore borrow a leaf from MUBARAK and know when the time is up. I advise he flee to Venezuela now that he still got time to do so or risks being buried like a Dog! a la Saddam hussein (Nebuchaddnezzar's incarnate). grin
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by frankkky: 9:35am On Feb 24, 2011
@owobokiri you must be a mad man!!!so we should all be supporting evil and injustice just because you belive the west is the problem,how stupid can some people think?this has got nothing to do with the west,anway i am not amazed afterall some people supported hiltler till his dying days,a leader is killing his OWN PEOPLE and you are here spewing rubbish
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by pragmatic1: 10:16am On Feb 24, 2011
He was not paying attention to his own business when he was giving advise on how Nigeria should be divided few months ago . Lesson don't wish evil, it may come back and bite
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 24, 2011
Time up Gadaffi,

bet me in less than one week Gadaffi is going down.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by Konjour(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2011
The same son of a LovePeddler who ordered the Lockerbie bombings and killed 270 innocent souls still has the effrontery to order fighter jets to start another bombing episode against his own kinsmen and women,his own flesh and blood for the sake of holding on to power after 42 flippin' years! That bit.ch of a man needs to be slaughtered using the most painful means available and then he'll go and continue his bit.ching in hell when he gets chased about by Lucifer and the spirits of those he had sent to their untimely graves. What a f.u.c.king scumbag bast.ard, and he looks worse than a pile of horseshit too! pfff, angry  angry  angry
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by pkv(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2011
@owobikiri, opinions r lyk private parts, everybody is got one but i am disappointed ova ur opinion about d issue in discus, i wuld hav ran a battle of opinions with u but lyk someone posted,u r crack crazy,som oda tym perhabz, gaddevil is on borrowd tym,he is only trying 2 face, is d trademark of most dictators who r on an eggshell
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by Limaoscar: 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2011
AU where are you?

Which "AU", those folks can't cough where Ghaddafi is involved . He'd take them to the cleaners. Mscheeewwww, AU that can't handle Lauren Gbagbo.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by Blazing99: 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2011
At first I was a fan of the middle east jasmin revolution, it was borne out of suffering, corruption and human rights abuse. Now in the case of Libya and Bahrain, it is not that anymore, it's an issue of using protests to unseat leaders you hate. Of course Ghadaffi had opposition. Now if you can see vividly, the Libyan situation is that of opposition against the government.

No matter what anybody says about Ghadaffi, the fact remains that he is a strong leader of his country. He is a dictator yeah, but he put the wealth of his own people in their own hands. If Ghadaffi's administration was no good, how come hundreds of thousands of Nigerians are based there? We in Nigeria have had a democracy for 12 years with nothing to show for it. Wealth is only allocated for a few while hundreds of millions are in penury. hope the Libyan problem gets resolved successfully.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by seyibrown(f): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2011
When I heard him say he would die a martyr for Libya, I thought that'll be very easy. All he needs to do is to walk out on the streets of Libya without any bodyguards . . .  Libyans would gladly and quickly make a 'martyr' out of him!  smiley  grin
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by owobokiri(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
Call me names as much as you can, at the end of the day, majority of Libyans are with Muammar. That is what the western press that most of us depend for our daily news won't tell you. It is a tribal war going on in Libya as we speak and not really a revolution as some of you are desperate to paint it. You may call it a counter revolution if you like! I know that if there is a riot in China today, some of you will take a cue from the almighty western press and call Chinese leaders all sorts of names. Yet the same Chinese leaders have produced the most robust economy on earth as we speak, they have taken hundreds of millions of people out of poverty. In fact the number of people in China who have found jobs within the last decade maybe bigger than the total population of USA with her high unemployment rate.

So does benevolent dictatorship work? The answer is YES. Gadaffi is the ONLY leader of any oil producing nation that shares MOST of all oil earnings with his people DIRECTLY . It is a fact and I bet most of you don't know this. . Libya has the most decentralized system of administration in the Arab world. It is a fact, google that. Gadaffi has ensured water security for all his people through the construction of the "man made river" which is the biggest irrigation project in the world. It is a fact , check it. He could have spent these millions fighting in support of American "cold wars" efforts like the Saudi kings and the Americans will be behind him today. But he refused and he has always been a marked man. He bombed the PAN AM flight. That is bad. But can we discuss that while mentioning numerous American attacks on Libyan ships and other interests that precipitated that?

I am not swayed by the extremely one sided reports of events in Libya. It is western propaganda at its best. Don't call me names, rather compare the number of hospitals, houses and the literacy level in Libya with either what was obtained before him or what we have in Nigeria today, then you  explain to me how this "roaches and rats" in Benghazi streets can be called a revolutionaries while they fly King Idris flags. I am starting to think that Libya is the main target of these cooked up uprisings, Has Gadaffi stayed too long? Yes. Should he hand over to a new face? Maybe. But I am not ready to join you guys to kill the only man in the continent that has really fought for his people. That is the attitude of the brainwashed. When you show me a dictator or a so called democratically elected president in Africa that has distributed his countrys wealth and services to his people more than Gadaffi, I will shut up. Until then I will continue say that these youths are making a big mistake because they may end up with either a Maliki or a Karzai soon.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by cap28: 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
owobokiri:

Call me names as much as you can, at the end of the day, majority of Libyans are with Muammar. That is what the western press that most of us depend for our daily news won't tell you. It is a tribal war going on in Libya as we speak and not really a revolution as some of you are desperate to paint it. You may call it a counter revolution if you like! I know that if there is a riot in China today, some of you will take a cue from the almighty western press and call Chinese leaders all sorts of names. Yet the same Chinese leaders have produced the most robust economy on earth as we speak, they have taken hundreds of millions of people out of poverty. In fact the number of people in China who have found jobs within the last decade maybe bigger than the total population of USA with her high unemployment rate.

So does benevolent dictatorship work? The answer is YES. Gadaffi is the ONLY leader of any oil producing nation that shares MOST of all oil earnings with his people DIRECTLY . It is a fact and I bet most of you don't know this. . Libya has the most decentralized system of administration in the Arab world. It is a fact, google that. Gadaffi has ensured water security for all his people through the construction of the "man made river" which is the biggest irrigation project in the world. It is a fact , check it. He could have spent these millions fighting in support of American "cold wars" efforts like the Saudi kings and the Americans will be behind him today. But he refused and he has always been a marked man. He bombed the PAN AM flight. That is bad. But can we discuss that while mentioning numerous American attacks on Libyan ships and other interests that precipitated that?

I am not swayed by the extremely one sided reports of events in Libya. It is western propaganda at its best. Don't call me names, rather compare the number of hospitals, houses and the literacy level in Libya with either what was obtained before him or what we have in Nigeria today, then you explain to me how this "roaches and rats" in Benghazi streets can be called a revolutionaries while they fly King Idris flags. I am starting to think that Libya is the main target of these cooked up uprisings, Has Gadaffi stayed too long? Yes. Should he hand over to a new face? Maybe. But I am not ready to join you guys to kill the only man in the continent that has really fought for his people. That is the attitude of the brainwashed. When you show me a dictator or a so called democratically elected president in Africa that has distributed his countrys wealth and services to his people more than Gadaffi, I will shut up. Until then I will continue say that these youths are making a big mistake because they may end up with either a Maliki or a Karzai soon.

Thank you bro, i was having a similar debate with someone on this forum about how Gadaffi had utilised his nations oil revenues resources for his people and the individual i was debating with dismissed this on the grounds that Libya's tiny population of 6 million and vast oil wealth meant that it was easier for wealth to be distributed throughout the nation and that Nigeria a similar oil producing nation could not be compared with Libya on the basis that nigeria's population far exceeded Libya's making it harder for wealth to trickle down to the ordinary man on the street!!!!!

You are 1000% correct, Gadaffi is the only african leader who uses his nation's oil revenue for the development of his own nation, Libya is also i beleive the only african nation that has not had its economy restructured in accordance with the dictates of the IMF and this is why his people enjoy a much higher standard of living than the average nigerian living in nigeria.

If Gadaffi is toppled (and i hope he isnt) i can assure the Libyan people that what they will get in his place will be a western puppet govt which will now be controlled and dictated to by washington and london, if the Libyan people think Gadaffi is a demon, they should wait and see what life will be like under a western puppet, they should ask nigerian people how fantastic life is in our own nation.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by cap28: 12:34am On Feb 25, 2011
This is the man the zionist controlled western media want you to beleive is mentally ill, a man who is telling us the truth about how western multinationals cheat and exploit us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JDct2pJeZM&feature=related
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by cap28: 12:59am On Feb 25, 2011
A man who exposes Obama as a black man who has let blacks in america down by failing to stand up for the truth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiqexz7aqQ&feature=related

this is the man the western media who are nothing more than rented political pro.stitutes and agents of the zionist controlled western media are brainwashing you about.
Re: Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! by LadyT(f): 3:35am On Feb 25, 2011
Cap28 please shut up Gaddafi is a crazy old goat who will kill his own people to stay in power.

I cant stand idiots who live in the west yet wont stop saying how evil the west is. If your own homeland is so great why dont you go back there then or are you not living in the west because our own leaders are so greedy they have ruined our homelands!

Rubbish and nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We think that Osama Bin Laden 'death Photo' Is A Fake / Ethiopian Prime-Minister Meles Zenawi Is Dead / Top Ten Most Protected People In The World (the Last Person Will Shock You)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.