Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,120 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest (17101 Views)

Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms / Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by pat077: 7:00am On Sep 08, 2020
Another excuse for buhari
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by backnbeta(f): 7:00am On Sep 08, 2020
Unfortunate government undecided
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Openbusiness: 7:00am On Sep 08, 2020
Timekeeper:

Too expensive
what I mean is, we need foreign rice QUALITY. All these local rice are overpriced, yet full of stones. I ate local rice on Saturday from a neighbor's event. It was terrible. Almost every 2 spoons I took, stones were playing in my mouth, I had to dump the food and just eat meat alone. So Govt should look into their processing and standardize the industry before they poison Nigerians.with serious health problems like kidney failure

1 Like

Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by dalass(f): 7:01am On Sep 08, 2020
cjudy:
grin
And Una say make we no chop foreign rice.

The poor should brace up, bag of Rice will be 100k before December. If you have money now, go and buy oooo.

This people don't want to help us.
Go to government House, you will not see local rice. They don't eat local rice there ooo, only the poor do.

Imagine that!
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Eriggs: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2020
Vixlot:
We shall overcome
AMEN
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2020
Throughout the 6 yrs of buhari now, thr is no particular day we receive good news, .......hardship

Perhaps our presido was created the same "sprit of hardship" released by Satan

1 Like

Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Eriggs: 7:03am On Sep 08, 2020
Achuwa1:
This government & it's leader are bad luck to our generation.
just like badluck Jonathan cool
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by mabea: 7:04am On Sep 08, 2020
Susu888:
Honestly , i wish to have been born in the 1940's.... I would've lived nd already be dead in the grave by now.
It doesn't seem like this year will get any better infact it jst keeps getting worse.
As if judgement day is jst round the corner! A famine is coming nd god knows we ain't ready.
1940 is just a short time to live na abi you no Wan old ni. Lol
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Antoeni(m): 7:04am On Sep 08, 2020
May we Always Learn to Trust God in hard Times.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Kubernetes: 7:05am On Sep 08, 2020
A clear indication that Rice importation is eminent as local production may not be sufficient for Nigeria
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by GreenArrow1(m): 7:06am On Sep 08, 2020
dalass:
It won't affect the price of polished or local rice anyways undecided

I'm not so sure sha. However, what I'll do is to travel to the hinterland where the big rice farms and mills are, then buy cheap, bring it to town for polishing and de-stoning. Make I try am see if e make sense.

1 Like

Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Awoo88: 7:07am On Sep 08, 2020
We get 2 million tones of rice yet we dey borrow from ECOWAS? WHERE The 2 million tones dey wen rice still dey cost
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Area4Area: 7:07am On Sep 08, 2020
Achuwa1:
This government & it's leader are bad luck to our generation.
If you have nothing to post, can't you just read and pass, must you type any nonsense that comes into your head?
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by bluefilm: 7:08am On Sep 08, 2020
Corona flood. cheesy
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by nairaman66(m): 7:08am On Sep 08, 2020
They finally found a way on what to blame for the failure of a policy! Shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by blackgold7777(f): 7:09am On Sep 08, 2020
abeg o make i ask na NIGERIAN STATE OR NA NIGER STATE?
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by CodeTemplar: 7:14am On Sep 08, 2020
Lies lies lies.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Ikeblessing: 7:16am On Sep 08, 2020
Let's put more effort in our domestic productions
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by KNOWMORE56: 7:18am On Sep 08, 2020
Another reason for food crisis has been given.

Nigerians, tighten your belts.

If we die, may we get to heaven; if we survive it (the famine) or him (the Buhari), may we see Jesus.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by SmartPolician: 7:18am On Sep 08, 2020
Racoon:

Nigeria has long attained self sufficiency in rice production even causing collapse of the Thailand Rice pyramids according to Lai Mohammed.

Now they will hide behind the flooding disaster make excuse for their lies & failure.

It was not Lai Mohammed. Instead, it was Audu Ogbe, the former minister of agriculture.

The Thai High Commission to Nigeria debunked the propaganda from Audu Ogbe. Funnily enough, Ogbe said that the same man told him that nonsense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/ogbehs-claim-rice-false-says-thailand-ambassador/amp/
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by martineverest(m): 7:20am On Sep 08, 2020
elantraceey:
Any excuse for hike in price of rice before the year ends. It is well.

Become part of a life changing opportunity. Check my signature.
exactly my thought
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Chicastle: 7:26am On Sep 08, 2020
Guyman02:
FG wants to use floods as a cover for its ungrounded assertion that Nigeria is now self sufficient in rice production leading to closure of the border and ban on rice importation.

The reality is that many of these farmers in the North collected a lot of money from CBN under the Anchor Borrowers Scheme for Rice production and over here in the North they don't like repaying Govt loans as it is seen as Govt money for all, the farmers can now declare Force Majeure (Act of God beyond human control) and the loans will be classified as 'bad debt'

So we can not have flood in peace again?
FG. Now is flood
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Brushstrokes20: 7:28am On Sep 08, 2020
Irresponsible government of perpetual blame traders!
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by aksule(m): 7:35am On Sep 08, 2020
A very convenient way to explain the shortages which we have experienced all along

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buy your Greenhouse structures from Agroblessing Global / Big Bag Of Egusi Of 120-130 Big Derica(mudu) For Sale At Cheapest Price! / Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.