Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,448 members, 7,833,569 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers (6635 Views)

Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense / Lagos, Akwa Ibom Rivers To Spend More Than 15 Other States Combined In 2021 / Unemployment: Imo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers Still Nigeria’s Worst Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Blue3k(m): 1:36am On Sep 16, 2020
1000shades:
I received an Update : Esit Eket leaders agree to be part of the new state while Eket leaders are undecided . Another problem is the eastern and western Obolo want the name of the state to be Obolo state but the Oros, Eket and Ibeno disagree. Though They all agree the capital should be Oron. They have submitted it to the senate yesterday. "Atlantic state" sounds neutral than "Obolo state ". even if the senate agrees and calls a panel and election to grant new state they have option to change the name of the state .

Why doesn't the local government take over the jettys if they're so viable? The state should be willing to divest control. The port of houston run by city.
Local governments are not empowered . Did Onna local government build the jetty at Onna? Did Uyo local government build uyo stadium,roads, ,hospital and airport? Did Ikot ekpene local government build the four points hotel and roads in Ikot ekpene?
below is the map submitted by ibeno and Obolo senators ,it did not include Eket and Esit Eket. I was not told if Oro and Eket agree with the submission.

Who are the leaders in question? If you're not referring to local, state and federal representatives you're not being serious. I've noticed most of the groups in question dont follow the constitutional process.

Ask the state to handover the jetty if you desire it. It's first logical step. It's no different from how lagos asked the FG for certain infrastructure.

Chapter 1 part 2 section 8-1 

An Act of the National Assembly for the purpose of creating a new State shall only be passed if- 

(a) a request, supported by at least two-thirds majority of members (representing the area demanding the creation of the new State) in each of the following, namely - 

(i) the Senate and the House of Representatives, 

(ii) the House of Assembly in respect of the area, and 

(iii) the local government councils in respect of the area, is received by the National Assembly; 

(b) a proposal for the creation of the State is thereafter approved in a referendum by at least two-thirds majority of the people of the area where the demand for creation of the State originated; 

(c) the result of the referendum is then approved by a simple majority of all the States of the Federation supported by a simple majority of members of the Houses of Assembly; and 

(d) the proposal is approved by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of members of each House of the National Assembly.
Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Blackking98(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Who are the leaders in question? If you're not referring to local, state snd federal representatives you're not bring serious. I've noticed most of the groups in question dont follow the constitutional process.

Ask the state to handover the jetty if you desire it. It's first logical step. It's no different from how lagos asked the FG for certain infrastructure.

My brother, I've asked him who these influencial leaders are and he's hasn't answered me till today.
Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Blue3k(m): 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2020
Blackking98:

My brother, I've asked him who these influencial leaders are and he's hasn't answered me till today.

He doesn't seem to understand the process honestly. The fact is he needs to get actual support from not only the leaders but the population in question. The few that comment on these threads seem ok with remaining in state. Lol Im still down for my greater Akwa Ibom idea but if the people in question want to stay in cross river it's dead.
Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2020
Blackking98:

Blue3k:

He doesn't seem to understand the process honestly. The fact is he needs to get actual support from not only the leaders but the population in question. The few that comment on these threads seem ok with remaining in state. Lol Im still down for my greater Akwa Ibom idea but if the people in question want to stay in cross river it's dead.
Your comment is stupid . Am I the one agitating for state? I report news I received about leaders having meeting and submitting case to senate for state and you are saying "him" who is the Him"? You think stuff like that would even be on the news ? You are just being silly maybe you are from the majority area and do not want freedom for those who feel marginalised .
Was akwa ibom not once agitated for ? keep sleeping and dreaming while others are working on their independence you are taking nonsense as if they should broadcast it on news for you to know the elected leaders who are working for state creation.
who cares about 1 or two insignificant sycophants who commented that they don't want state . you think the leaders agitating for sate are stupid?
Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Blue3k(m): 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2020
1000shades:
she's a nobody,anyone can comment nonsense . Ibeno,Oro,Eket and Obolo leaders are having meetings and making their decisions .
1000shades:
You are not the Ibeno leaders , that's your own opinion.

1000shades:

your comment is stupid . am i the one agitating for state? I rewport news i received about leaders of the leaders having meeting and submitting case for state and you are saying "him" who is the Him"?

Dude you dont understand the process hence ehy you dismissed opinions of residents of places that supposedly want succession twice. You cant specify who the leaders are after multiple updates either. Stop being dense if you can help it.
Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Dude you dont understand the process hence ehy you dismissed opinions of residents of places that supposedly want succession twice. You cant specify who the leaders are after multiple updates either. Stop being dense if you can help it.
i'm not even suppose to post this here . the leaders are the elected leaders ,senators and representatives , and traditional rulers. It will never be on the news but they are working on state creation. they've submitted memorandum to senate on two possible states creations or mergers. they know the process and are following it . If senate agrees then there'll be election to decide who stays where. what is greater Akwa Ibom? you don't know what you are taking about . keep sleeping and dreaming. bye bye
Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Blue3k(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2020
1000shades:
i'm not even suppose to post this here . the leaders are the elected leaders ,senators and representatives , and traditional rulers. It will never be on the news but they are working on state creation. they've submitted memorandum to senate on two possible states creations or mergers. they know the process and are following it . If senate agrees then there'll be election to decide who stays where. what is greater Akwa Ibom? you don't know what you are taking about . keep sleeping and dreaming. bye bye

You're not supposed to post it but your busy running your mouth like the tap. Its funny the second your asked to produce names you dont want to talk anymore. They're not doing anything illegal so post them unless you're simply lying. If they have 2/3 majority neccessary representatives it will go through. If not the government wont recognize their request to begin with. Take their advice and shut up since you dont understand the process.

Chapter 1 part 2 section 8-1 

An Act of the National Assembly for the purpose of creating a new State shall only be passed if

(a) a request, supported by at least two-thirds majority of members (representing the area demanding the creation of the new State) in each of the following, namely - 

(i) the Senate and the House of Representatives, 

(ii) the House of Assembly in respect of the area, and 

(iii) the local government councils in respect of the area, is received by the National Assembly; 

(b) a proposal for the creation of the State is thereafter approved in a referendum by at least two-thirds majority of the people of the area where the demand for creation of the State originated; 

(c) the result of the referendum is then approved by a simple majority of all the States of the Federation supported by a simple majority of members of the Houses of Assembly; and 

(d) the proposal is approved by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of members of each House of the National Assembly.
Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2020
Blue3k:

[s]You're not supposed to post it but your busy running your mouth like the tap. Its funny the second your ask to produce names you dont want to talk anymore. They're not doing anything illegal so post them unless you're simply lying. If they have 2/3 majority neccessary representatives it will go through. If not the government wont recognize their request to begin with. Take their advice and shut up since you dont understand the process. [/s]

keep sleeping and dreaming. bye bye
Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Blue3k(m): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2020
1000shades:
i'm not even suppose to post this here.
1000shades:
keep sleeping and dreaming. bye bye

Lol mumu keep your mouth shut like they told you.
Re: Map Of Proposed Atlantic State To Be Carved Out From Akwa Ibom & Rivers by Blackking98(m): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2020
Blue3k:

He doesn't know anything for real

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

End Sars: Anonymous Has Hacked Airtel / Election Tribunal Dismisses Case Against Kwankwaso / See What Was Spotted Inside OAU today (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.