Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,896 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender (51557 Views)

Gana: Wantor Akwaza Demands 5 Billion Compensation From FG / Gabriel Suswam Condemns Terwase Killing, Calls For Judicial Inquiry / Army Kills Terwase "Gana" Akwaza Hours After Being Granted Amnesty By Benue Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Nemere2020: 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2020
Samuel Ortom, Benue governor, says Terwase Akwaza, better known as Gana, who is alleged to be the most wanted criminal in the state, was intercepted by the army on his way to surrender.

Speaking with journalists on Tuesday after receiving some repentant criminals in the state, Ortom said he got a call that Gana was arrested in Gboko and immediately reached out to the army authorities.

The governor wondered why the army would arrest Gana because the security agencies are aware of the state government’s amnesty programme.

“It was around 4pm when we were waiting for the repentant militias that I received a call that Gana and others have been arrested close to Yandev roundabout in Gboko by soldiers,” he said.

“Many of the repentant militias had weapons in which they were bringing to surrender to us. The process of the amnesty programme was known to the security operatives, so I don’t know why they have to be arrested.

“Immediately I got the information, I contacted the commander of Operation Whirl Stroke, General Yekini, who told me that they were carrying out an operation and promised to get back to me, so I am still waiting for him.”

But the governor’s account runs contrary to that of the army.

Moundhey Ali, commander of ‘4 special forces command’, had told journalists that Gana was killed along Gbese-Makurdi road after an exchange of gunfire.

“At about 13:00 hours, there was an engagement with the convoy of Gana, a shoot-out ensued and the bandit was killed,” Ali told reporters.

https://www.thecable.ng/ortom-army-intercepted-gana-on-his-way-to-surrender/amp

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Nemere2020: 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Righteousness89(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2020
The Gana man has long Departed the World.

Infact He has long gone to His Eternal Destination based on His Life before he kicked the Bucket!

There is No phone call or Connection no matter how Highly Placed that will bring Him back..

On that side Nobody is Respected for His Position, Experience or Authority..

The only ones Respected in that Side are those Whose Names are in the Book of Life..

232 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Cyberterror: 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
Long story. The man is gone. Next level.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by kingzizzy: 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
Thats how they took Boko haram leader, Dikko Yusuf and executed him publicly in 2010. Shekau took over and they have been fighting for 10 years

189 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by seborrhic: 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
The governor's account is 110% the true account of what transpired.
The army said Gana was killed and hundreds of his militants captured when their convoy was intercepted at about noon.
We should ask ourselves how Gana,a wanted man with N10million ransom on his head,would brazenly go about at daytime with so many fellow militants with weapons.They were by the army's account then confronted and he got killed while others were captured with no confrontation or casualty on the army's side!
Haba,some of these authorities give releases with the apparent assumption the same dumbskulls that voted Buhari are the same audience they are speaking or writing to.
The same army that have casualties anytime they confront barefooted or slippers wearing,untrained BH terrorists.
The same army and government that frees BH terrorists and even compensates them is the one now giving this clearly false account of what happened.
The truth is that Gana and other militants must have been intercepted by the army,they apparently told the army their mission to government house to surrender ,which usually is made more dramatic with the surrender of some weapons,they apparently handed over their weapons to the troops;but someone still ordered Gana alone be shot dead.
Any other tale is cock and bull.
Gana was killed and he may have reaped the reward of his deeds,but not in a confrontation.

357 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by seanfer(m): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
The Governor should be happy that One of those causing insecurity in the state is no more.. Except he knows something he is not telling us.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
He who lives by the sword will surely die by the sword,I wonder why the government of benue state will give this story even if it's true,good riddance abeg. I wish this army killed all the Boko Haram that will come for amenesty, we don't need this people to keep reminding us of how they killed our loved ones.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by phemmyutd(m): 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2020
seanfer:
The Governor should be happy that One of those causing insecurity in the state is no more.. Except he knows something he is not telling us.
My brother, the more you look the less you see

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Ladiesdoctor(m): 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
Now I believe Nnamdi Kanu, we have an impostor steering the affairs

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by kettykin: 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
This is simply a clear message to Boko harm commander never to surrender , i wonder the type of brians Nigerian soldiers have.

The give Boko haram militants who surrender and kille other miltants who surrender

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by kettykin: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
seborrhic:
The governor's account is 110% the true account of what transpired.
The army said Gana was killed and hundreds of his militants captured when their convoy was intercepted at about noon.
We should ask ourselves how Gana,a wanted man with N10million ransom on his head,would brazenly go about at daytime with so many fellow militants with weapons.They were by the army's account then confronted and he got killed while others were captured with no confrontation or casualty on the army's side!
Haba,some of these authorities give releases with the apparent assumption the same dumbskulls that voted Buhari are the same audience they are speaking or writing to.
The same army that have casualties anytime they confront barefooted or slippers wearing,untrained BH terrorists.
The same army and government that frees BH terrorists and even compensates them is the one now giving this clearly false account of what happened.
The truth is that Gana and other militants must have been intercepted by the army,they apparently told the army their mission to government house to surrender ,which usually is made more dramatic with the surrender of some weapons,they apparently handed over their weapons to the troops;but someone still ordered Gana alone be shot dead.
Any other tale is cock and bull.
Gana was killed and he may have reaped the reward of his deeds,but not in a confrontation.

Note how the army could not do anything to him until he chose to surrender

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Onuoraijele: 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2020
Chai

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by nairalandankrah: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
Nigerian army, always killing in armed civilians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by gangstarmonk(m): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2020
I have mixed feelings on this.

I'm not happy because he wasn't killed in a gun duel, neither was he captured.

He was snatched from the convoy of traditional rulers and Bishop in charge of Katsina-Ala LGA of Benue State.
My worker witnessed the killing life and direct.

Modified...

The governor's account is correct. The military got information that he surrendered after pleas and promises of his safety by the traditional rulers and catholic bishop in charge of Katsina-Ala LGA. The army mounted a stop and search roadblock at Yandev, Gboko, it was PLANNED. They brought him out of the car he was in (He was with the LGA chairman in the same vehicle).
They delayed the convoy while they hastily took him away as if they were bringing him to govt house. Less than 2 minutes drive from there, still on the high way, they pulled him out of the vehicle, faced him down on the road and Special Forces including Military men opened fired on him there before throwing him back to the car.

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by poiunt: 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
We can now see that the state Governor is the one sponsoring violence in the state through this criminal

34 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by poiunt: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
kingzizzy:
Thats how they took Boko haram leader, Dikko Yusuf and executed him publicly in 2010. Shekau took over and they have been fighting for 10 years

So you support the violence in the state.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by helinues: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ortom has been suspicious about his romance with Gana

So only Gana was killed by the army?

Sir Ortom, what happened to rest of the criminals who were on there way for amnesty?

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Jax1: 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
Now, this is true account of what transpired. The lying idiots in Nigerian army should know henceforth only Buhari dogs believed their made up stories.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by kingzizzy: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
poiunt:

So you support the violence in the state.

What I dont support is for the authorities to disregard the rule of law and engage in the extra-judicial of anyone

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by poiunt: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
kingzizzy:

What I dont support is for the authorities to disregard the rule of law and engage in the extra-judicial of anyone

Rule of law, when the criminal was killing and kidnapping innocent victims did he obey the law of the country.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
2many killings in the land

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by seniormallam(m): 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2020
seanfer:
Gana isn't a one man mopol, others would continue the atrocities,
The army only frustrated the efforts of Ortom,
The army has been chasing those boys for over 5years now, the army are the one getting killed instead, is 5years not enough to give to the army to end banditry?
The governor now said since confrontation by army did not work, let me explore the option negotiation, and the option was about to be fruitful because the bandits has agreed to cease fire and surrender arms,
But I guess the army are not ready to let go their allowances and wants to continue receiving their share of Ortoms security vote,
The army frustrated the efforts to end insecurity in Benue, they prefer to continue running in the bush and be getting their war front allowances,
End the banditry you cannot end it, a peaceful resolution you frustrated it,
Everything is just confusing right now.

172 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Susu888(m): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ofcourse he will berate the army for taking out his no.1 assasin , the leader of his militias.
All that gibberish by shameless idiots who don't even reside in the middle belt should be ignored. Go to benue nd ask the locals who suffered in the hands of gana not some slowpoke with cheap data in abia pulling out lies from his anus to decieve people cuz it suits his imaginations.

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
Arrangee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by seniormallam(m): 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2020
Susu888:
Ofcourse he will berate the army for taking out his no.1 assasin , the leader of his militias.
All that gibberish by shameless idiots who don't even reside in the middle belt should be ignored. Go to benue nd ask the locals who suffered in the hands of gana not some slowpoke with cheap data in abia pulling out lies from his anus to decieve people cuz it suits his imaginations.
Yusuf BH founder was killed over 10 years ago , you can see that the army are overwhelmed already by bokoharam,
Sometime let apply wisdom, Gana isn't a one man mopol

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Susu888(m): 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2020
kingzizzy:

Fvck the rule of law!
That demon mass murdered entire villages, even women nd children were not spared.... If it was shekau gunned down on his way to collect amnesty would u cry rule of law??
Some demons r best shot on sight, let god judge them!
Wht nonsense...

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Haywhymido(m): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2020
Fulani herdmen agenda

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by Nwaide01: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
All this grammar just because of the liquidated criminal I wonder where we're going in this country.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by kingzizzy: 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
poiunt:

Rule of law, when the criminal was killing and kidnapping innocent victims did he obey the law of the country.

And the constitution has said that such person, if apprehended, has right to life and should be put through to the due process of the law. If the authorities cannot keep the law then who should?

Someone has surrendered, laid down his arms, submitted himself to the authorities. Rather than follow the law, the authorities turn into assassins. Terrible

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: Army Intercepted Gana Terwase Akwaza On His Way To Surrender by 35824L: 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2020
Jukun people will now experience peace in their land.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kingsley Chinda Emerges Minority Leader, House Of Representatives / "Edo Is Not Lagos": Obaseki's Bill Of Insult On Tinubu - By Ini Akpan Morgan / 21-Year-Old Governor Ikpeazu's Son, Chinedu, Storms Event In An Official Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.