Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon (707 Views)

Henry Idahagbon Appointed As A Federal Commissioner / Obaseki targeted for impeachment; as Oshiomhole, Idahagbon plot / Idahagbon: APC Will Hire Best Musician To Celebrate Obaseki’s Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon by crazynation(f): 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
A former Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice in Edo State says the state governor, Godwin Obaseki is a ‘foreigner’.

Barrister Henry Idahagbon who spoke with Standard Gazette on Sunday evening said Obaseki was ‘never a part of the Edo political establishment’ until the former National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole made him a governor.

Barr. Idahagbon comment was in reaction to the backlash that followed his statement while hosting Dr Odubu LG and ward coordinators in his campaign office in Benin earlier in the year.

On the video which surfaced on the popular social media, Facebook, Idahagbon is heard saying both in English and pigin that “If we get somebody like Obaseki for another 4years, our career as politicians go just kpafuka, e mean say all of us go go find another work do

In translation, ‘If Obaseki secure a second term, our career as politicians will nosedive, meaning, we all we be in search of another job’

“When Oshiomhole was the Governor he always invited us to government house for lunch, how many times has Governor Obaseki invited us since he became Governor?” he added.

In his defence, while speaking with Standard Gazette, the former Attorney General of the state said Obaseki attended many of such launches and dinner when Oshiomhole was the governor.

He stressed that such an event “provides an informal opportunity for leaders to present issues about governance, politics, party and leaders to the governor.”

Mockingly, Idahagbon said Obaseki ate launch and dinner with Oshiomhole ‘in the company of other political leaders throughout comrades tenure as governor.’

“I remember that he used to sweat a lot while eating lunch. And he will be using serviette paper to wipe his brow,” he mocks.

Barr. Idahagbon, a member of the Edo Peoples Movement (EPM), a group that rebelled against Obaseki’s style of governance retreated a few months ago after his home was reportedly attacked by unknown assailants.

In May, Idahagbon told Standard Gazette that he was not ready to speak for the Peoples Democratic Party and the All Progressives Congress, the two political giants and rivals in Nigeria.

His statement was after his home was bombed on January 30th. He said “I’m preparing to go back to my full-scale practice. Politics in Nigeria is a shirt cut to the grave. It is by God’s grace I’m alive after the Jan 30th assassination attempt on my life. Well, I’m not ready to speak for any side no more.”

Idahagbon’s statement indicates he has come back into the political arena as the governorship election is in a few days.

Condemning Obaseki’s administration, he argued that Obaseki’s “selling point was ‘a technocrat’ and his promise to ‘keep the state running smoothly’.

Sarcastically, Idahagbon said, “You can’t be a technocrat with 3 WAEC credits minutes English and math especially when u were a boarding student in a missionary school.”

Idahagbon was particular about Obaseki’s threat to retire all of them from politics. He said “you don’t retire from politics, nobody retires anybody from politics. It doesn’t mean we are jobless.”

In his defence, he added “There is none of us that cannot feed ourselves. Unknown to many people, I don’t eat conventional food cos I’m vegan. So i don’t even eat or participate in those lunches I referred to.”

“You know I’m a lawyer of over 3 decades. I have one of the biggest law firms in Benin with a complement of 6 lawyers and a huge library. We joined politics to contribute our quota to the development of our society. Check everywhere I have the privilege to serve. I leave positive contributions.

“I’m sure you Pa Joseph Omorotionmwan?. He is a veteran journalist. After Obaseki’s first year in office, he wrote that all the projects he did were comparable to what Idahagbon did in his first 100 days as chairman of Egor local govt council!”

On Obaseki’s Performance:
Idahagbon’s opinion of Obaseki’s performance is that of a ‘monumental failure’, he tells Standard Gazette that the governor has only constructed three major roads in metropolitical in four years.

He listed the roads as ‘lucky way, Irrirhi road and TV road with the 4th road, Ekewan road still abandoned’.

“He promised 200,000 Jobs. He didn’t employ 200. Promised seaport port at Gelegele, one health centre per ward, one sports stadia per ward. He failed to deliver. No new school constructed. Benin technical college is yet to be completed after 4 years.

“He renovated the stadium at a prohibitive cost of N6bn and spent another N6bn to prepare for the aborted national sports festival. He has plunged the state into unsustainable debts.

“He closed down the following institution’s College of agriculture Igioriakhi, State school of nursing, ICE, The sports school in Afuze, College of education Igueben, Tayo Akpata university of education.”

As far as Idahagbon is concerned, another four years of Obaseki is to run the state to oblivion. “All these in one term. If he gets a second term the state will be obliterated,” he condemned.

Who Will Win Edo Governorship Election:
Idahagbon said he is confident that the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, his preferred candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu will ‘win 80/20 margin.

When asked how he knew of the margin, Idahagbon said “From my tour of the 18 LGAs. Don’t forget we are.grassroots politicians who have participated in several elections”

Idahagbon also reacted to the statement credited to Obaseki where he said he will bury his predecessor if he wins the September 19 governorship election.

Obaseki was quoted as saying that “This election is a contest with Oshiomhole. We have dealt with him at the national level, we will bury him politically in this election”

Reacting, Idahagbon said, “Can u say this about any person that gives u a life-changing opportunity in life especially when you were a nobody with no known asset anywhere in Nigeria and left school with 3 credits?”

As the election draws nearer, both sides of the divided have undergone a rigorous campaign in the Edo State, Midwestern part of Nigeria.

Obaseki and Oshiomhole used to be allies until the governor accused him of undermining his authority and pushing him to share the money meant for the development of Nigeria to his cronies.

The governor has not hidden his disdain for his former boss who he now tagged as ‘godfather who has no respect for Edo people.’

He repeated his position on Saturday during his campaign in Oredo local government area of the state.

“As a sitting Governor, Oshiomhole decides to pick who will represent me in my House of Assembly.

“Can you imagine the insult? That was where this fight started,” Obaseki said.

“Because he believes, in his own mind, that Benin people are like chickens – when you throw corn, they will run after the corn.

“This election is a contest with Oshiomhole. We have dealt with him at the national level, we will bury him politically in this election; because he has no regard for Benin people, he has no regard for us in Oredo, and we will show him that he is nothing,” he added.

The irony of the coming election is the two candidates who had run against each other in the opposite party in 2016. Oshiomhole sided with Obaseki against all odds while Ize-Iyamu, who had contributed to Oshiomhole emergence as the governor had to fend for himself after his kingmaker left him stranded on the platform of the PDP.

The coming election will either make or break both camps. If Ize-Iyamu wins, Obaseki is likely to face a series of investigations and perhaps, countless court cases of corruption engineered by Oshiomhole through the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

On the other hand, as Obaseki has vowed, his second term will end the reign of Oshimhole who hates to lose a battle. The sacked former National Chairman’s integrity is at stake and all tools are on the table to prevent that from happening.

In a few days, someone’s future will be skewed.

Read more on https://tstga.com/politics/obaseki-is-a-foreigner-says-henry-idahagbon/

Follow us on twitter @tsga0

Re: Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon by Lipscomb(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2020
I thought as much. The man look like cameroonian

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon by crazynation(f): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
Lipscomb:
I thought as much. The man look like cameroonian

Haha.. have mercy.
Re: Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon by MosheDayan: 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
crazynation:
A former Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice in Edo State says the state governor, Godwin Obaseki is a ‘foreigner’.

Barrister Henry Idahagbon who spoke with Standard Gazette on Sunday evening said Obaseki was ‘never a part of the Edo political establishment’ until the former National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole made him a governor.

Barr. Idahagbon comment was in reaction to the backlash that followed his statement while hosting Dr Odubu LG and ward coordinators in his campaign office in Benin earlier in the year.

On the video which surfaced on the popular social media, Facebook, Idahagbon is heard saying both in English and pigin that “If we get somebody like Obaseki for another 4years, our career as politicians go just kpafuka, e mean say all of us go go find another work do

In translation, ‘If Obaseki secure a second term, our career as politicians will nosedive, meaning, we all we be in search of another job’

“When Oshiomhole was the Governor he always invited us to government house for lunch, how many times has Governor Obaseki invited us since he became Governor?” he added.

In his defence, while speaking with Standard Gazette, the former Attorney General of the state said Obaseki attended many of such launches and dinner when Oshiomhole was the governor.

He stressed that such an event “provides an informal opportunity for leaders to present issues about governance, politics, party and leaders to the governor.”

Mockingly, Idahagbon said Obaseki ate launch and dinner with Oshiomhole ‘in the company of other political leaders throughout comrades tenure as governor.’

“I remember that he used to sweat a lot while eating lunch. And he will be using serviette paper to wipe his brow,” he mocks.

Barr. Idahagbon, a member of the Edo Peoples Movement (EPM), a group that rebelled against Obaseki’s style of governance retreated a few months ago after his home was reportedly attacked by unknown assailants.

In May, Idahagbon told Standard Gazette that he was not ready to speak for the Peoples Democratic Party and the All Progressives Congress, the two political giants and rivals in Nigeria.

His statement was after his home was bombed on January 30th. He said “I’m preparing to go back to my full-scale practice. Politics in Nigeria is a shirt cut to the grave. It is by God’s grace I’m alive after the Jan 30th assassination attempt on my life. Well, I’m not ready to speak for any side no more.”

Idahagbon’s statement indicates he has come back into the political arena as the governorship election is in a few days.

Condemning Obaseki’s administration, he argued that Obaseki’s “selling point was ‘a technocrat’ and his promise to ‘keep the state running smoothly’.

Sarcastically, Idahagbon said, “You can’t be a technocrat with 3 WAEC credits minutes English and math especially when u were a boarding student in a missionary school.”

Idahagbon was particular about Obaseki’s threat to retire all of them from politics. He said “you don’t retire from politics, nobody retires anybody from politics. It doesn’t mean we are jobless.”

In his defence, he added “There is none of us that cannot feed ourselves. Unknown to many people, I don’t eat conventional food cos I’m vegan. So i don’t even eat or participate in those lunches I referred to.”

“You know I’m a lawyer of over 3 decades. I have one of the biggest law firms in Benin with a complement of 6 lawyers and a huge library. We joined politics to contribute our quota to the development of our society. Check everywhere I have the privilege to serve. I leave positive contributions.

“I’m sure you Pa Joseph Omorotionmwan?. He is a veteran journalist. After Obaseki’s first year in office, he wrote that all the projects he did were comparable to what Idahagbon did in his first 100 days as chairman of Egor local govt council!”

On Obaseki’s Performance:
Idahagbon’s opinion of Obaseki’s performance is that of a ‘monumental failure’, he tells Standard Gazette that the governor has only constructed three major roads in metropolitical in four years.

He listed the roads as ‘lucky way, Irrirhi road and TV road with the 4th road, Ekewan road still abandoned’.

“He promised 200,000 Jobs. He didn’t employ 200. Promised seaport port at Gelegele, one health centre per ward, one sports stadia per ward. He failed to deliver. No new school constructed. Benin technical college is yet to be completed after 4 years.

“He renovated the stadium at a prohibitive cost of N6bn and spent another N6bn to prepare for the aborted national sports festival. He has plunged the state into unsustainable debts.

“He closed down the following institution’s College of agriculture Igioriakhi, State school of nursing, ICE, The sports school in Afuze, College of education Igueben, Tayo Akpata university of education.”

As far as Idahagbon is concerned, another four years of Obaseki is to run the state to oblivion. “All these in one term. If he gets a second term the state will be obliterated,” he condemned.

Who Will Win Edo Governorship Election:
Idahagbon said he is confident that the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, his preferred candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu will ‘win 80/20 margin.

When asked how he knew of the margin, Idahagbon said “From my tour of the 18 LGAs. Don’t forget we are.grassroots politicians who have participated in several elections”

Idahagbon also reacted to the statement credited to Obaseki where he said he will bury his predecessor if he wins the September 19 governorship election.

Obaseki was quoted as saying that “This election is a contest with Oshiomhole. We have dealt with him at the national level, we will bury him politically in this election”

Reacting, Idahagbon said, “Can u say this about any person that gives u a life-changing opportunity in life especially when you were a nobody with no known asset anywhere in Nigeria and left school with 3 credits?”

As the election draws nearer, both sides of the divided have undergone a rigorous campaign in the Edo State, Midwestern part of Nigeria.

Obaseki and Oshiomhole used to be allies until the governor accused him of undermining his authority and pushing him to share the money meant for the development of Nigeria to his cronies.

The governor has not hidden his disdain for his former boss who he now tagged as ‘godfather who has no respect for Edo people.’

He repeated his position on Saturday during his campaign in Oredo local government area of the state.

“As a sitting Governor, Oshiomhole decides to pick who will represent me in my House of Assembly.

“Can you imagine the insult? That was where this fight started,” Obaseki said.

“Because he believes, in his own mind, that Benin people are like chickens – when you throw corn, they will run after the corn.

“This election is a contest with Oshiomhole. We have dealt with him at the national level, we will bury him politically in this election; because he has no regard for Benin people, he has no regard for us in Oredo, and we will show him that he is nothing,” he added.

The irony of the coming election is the two candidates who had run against each other in the opposite party in 2016. Oshiomhole sided with Obaseki against all odds while Ize-Iyamu, who had contributed to Oshiomhole emergence as the governor had to fend for himself after his kingmaker left him stranded on the platform of the PDP.

The coming election will either make or break both camps. If Ize-Iyamu wins, Obaseki is likely to face a series of investigations and perhaps, countless court cases of corruption engineered by Oshiomhole through the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

On the other hand, as Obaseki has vowed, his second term will end the reign of Oshimhole who hates to lose a battle. The sacked former National Chairman’s integrity is at stake and all tools are on the table to prevent that from happening.

In a few days, someone’s future will be skewed.

Read more on https://tstga.com/politics/obaseki-is-a-foreigner-says-henry-idahagbon/

Follow us on twitter @tsga0
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon by WATCHOVER(m): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2020
There is something wrong with Barr. Idahagbon,
Barr. Idahagbon the new lier Mohamed

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
Obaseki that can't even speak his native language, he's a disgrace..

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 10, 2020
“If we get somebody like Obaseki for another 4years, our career as politicians go just kpafuka, e mean say all of us go go find another work do

Hunger Games

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon by crazynation(f): 8:21am On Sep 10, 2020
@jerseyboy,

It shows you read it. Many didn't. lol.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Approval Of Gas Station By DPR In A Residential Area. / Ikoyi Prison On Fire / BREAKING: No State Hoarded Palliatives ― Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.