Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu (26586 Views)

Mob Burns Down Garba Moyi's House In Sokoto ‘For Colluding With Bandits' / "We Are Coming For You": Army Chief, Attahiru Tells Dokubo, Igboho / Kyari Vs Monguno: Why Buhari Is Not Coming Down Hard On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Tunde835(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
RomanianNinja:
shocked jokes apart, I thought this country is on auto mode
Again our president who is suppose to b d driver is lifeless nd doesnt know where he is

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by extol1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
he is far from the reality. someone said something that if revolution is going to start in Nigeria it will start from the north. I think I am seriously buying that idea

2 Likes

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by micflo28(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2020
It's coming down for you urchins in government
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by cyril10(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
Bixobo:
We pray so because it's unbearable

If you are truthful to yourself, you will know it's not true but lies to deceive us as usual.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Roman7(m): 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
This one will jus open mouth waaaaaaa n spew thrash " food prices are coming down"

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Oizee(f): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
They said we prefer foreign food, why do they prefer foreign medical care? Anyway I hope all this turenchi is not audio
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by icankel: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
Pimpmaride:
Is he mad?

One paint plastic of beans is 1200 to 1300

One paint of foreign rice is almost 2800

Local rice almost 2k

Garri 700.

Is this govt so thoughtless...... If u check my signature, u will see that I have an iPhone 6s to sell for 50k but with the way food prices is going up, I may be forced or tempted to increase the price too..

This govt shud not tempt or force me oo
in my own area Garri is 900 per paint
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Tochj(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2020
Cup of rice in Lagos is now #450 from 400.
This people are completely unaware of how things are going in this corntree.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by DexterousOne(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
Redcrafton:
Rise in prices, threat to nation’s food security — Presidency

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/rise-in-prices-threat-to-nations-food-security-presidency/

Vs

https://www.nairaland.com/6112098/food-prices-coming-down-garba/2#93811583

Which one is it... smiley smiley

Government of confusion

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
Racoon:

shocked Just imagine this idiocy.The people under this government are really cut off from reality as they are always unaware or wickedly claim ignorance of what the common man is facing out there.

I guess this is one of their calm down & see development project that the govt propagandist- Femi Adeshina was talking about? Any wonder that are just imposing reckless & constricting economic policies on the poor citizens without any conscience? Where is ? Perhaps he also disagrees.

they know the truth but blinded by greed and power

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Chitumu: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2020
nairalander living in kano should please comment. i cant believe garba shehu is mad.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Satifa75: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2020

Join Now: W W W . F U N D B O O S T. C L U B

Are you interested in earning up to N20,000 daily from digital investments?

Do you have little or no knowledge on how you can earn good money from Digital investments like Stock trading, forex market trading and cryptocurrencies?

Just like copy-trading, with the help of experienced digital investment managers, do you know you can earn high ROI daily?

With $100, you can earn about $15 every blessed day straight to your Nigeria bank account for a month.

All you need to do is sign up right now, make a deposit of your investment amount and chose the right management plan for yourself and you get credited daily....the only issue you might have is that you didn't invest more.

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Wettoid123: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2020
Politicians are the worst enemy to human existence how will u say that the price of food is coming down, bread now want to be increase by 40% gas now has increase 12.5kg is #3500,foreign rice is #33k local rice is #27k and u are telling me price of food is coming down we are really in for a long thing..

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2020
Buhari,Lai,Garba and Femi,trust anyone of these guys at your own peril !

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by hotseat: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
It is not your fault Mr Garbage. You know we the ordinary Nigerians can only bark but cannot bite. In saner climes people would have trooped in to the streets to demand the resignation of this hopeless and anti-people government. Alas, this is Nigeria where anything and everything goes unchallenged!

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by nelskals(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
I don't need to read this but he is just talking nonsense. things are expensive here in Lagos state, food pricing increasing per seconds.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Samfloxin(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
ForeThinker:
For your village abi?
Guys take a look at this Bubu closely and compare him with he one in Also Villa now. The truth is clear.
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by lagosrd: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Origin(f): 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
Maybe he is using his hands to drag it down....

So out of touch with reality.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Gluton: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2020
Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/food-prices-are-coming-down-presidency/
What is this one saying? Do u know how much i bought bag of rice 3 days ago

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Pearlqueen(f): 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2020
Yesterday, only yesterday, I bought Loya sachet milk and what I saw in the #50 pack made me almost cry. The three sachets I bought equalled one sachet before what happened happened.

We are finished!
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by ThatFairGuy1: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2020
Aflix:
Mannaqbrills, Arrewa, helinus, Thatfairguy1, Eriggs, please is this true?
Invest in Agriculture and see what happens. GO TO FARM!

A NATION THAT CAN'T FEED ITSELF WILL ALWAYS REMAIN SUBSERVIENT TO OTHERS

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by RedBororo(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
who is holding my cane
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Playermayweda(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
See this idiot that doesn't wish Anything good for our country saying lies no one will believe,So out of touch with reality,A big liar and most probably a theif
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nbotee:
E no go beta for dis govt and those dat support dem...
A bag of local rice now sells between 25-27k from 18-20k
A bag of garri now sells for around 15k from 12k
Bakers are crying cause of increasing prices
And with d new pump price of #160, transportation fares have gone up but yet dis bastards have d nerve to com out to claim prices are going down??
Let dem point us to the markets with those prices

Kano
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2020
Pimpmaride:
Is he mad?

One paint plastic of beans is 1200 to 1300

One paint of foreign rice is almost 2800

Local rice almost 2k

Garri 700.

Is this govt so thoughtless...... If u check my signature, u will see that I have an iPhone 6s to sell for 50k but with the way food prices is going up, I may be forced or tempted to increase the price too..

This govt shud not tempt or force me oo
Abeg stop all dis nonsense
You can't be a zombie and a wailer at the same time.
Stay one place angry

2 Likes

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by onyxo76(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nbotee:
E no go beta for dis govt and those dat support dem...
A bag of local rice now sells between 25-27k from 18-20k
A bag of garri now sells for around 15k from 12k
Bakers are crying cause of increasing prices
And with d new pump price of #160, transportation fares have gone up but yet dis bastards have d nerve to com out to claim prices are going down??
Let dem point us to the markets with those prices
I honestly don't know what to say.. prices coming down?
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by chiedonedoor(m): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
Really?there is hungers in the land.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Christ is coming soon. Repent
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Aflix(m): 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Invest in Agriculture and see what happens. GO TO FARM!

A NATION THAT CAN'T FEED ITSELF WILL ALWAYS REMAIN SUBSERVIENT TO OTHERS
How does my question and your and relate I did not ask you to teach me economics.

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Tonytonex(m): 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2020
RomanianNinja:
shocked jokes apart, I thought this country is on auto mode
It is. it's not a joke.
Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by Tonytonex(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
Is it that this government doesn't know how to tell the truth? why are all their things opposite of the truth?

1 Like

Re: Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu by eeetuk(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2020
“Speaking also on the TV programme on Friday, a senior lecturer in the Department of Economics, University of Abuja, Dr Ahmed Adamu, faulted the timing of the policy because of the inflation already in the economy.

Adamu said, “It is also a wrong time because we have not built the right infrastructure and not supplied the right agriculture facilities and we have not built the entire agriculture value chain. We are also facing insecurity and a lot of farmers have been displaced from their farms and they cannot produce much. And now the government is discouraging cheap importation from other countries. It is going to create a lot of food scarcity in the country.”

President Buhari policy on banning food import is the right policy for Nigeria, period. And Dr. Ahmed Adamu’s claim of wrong timing of policy is wrong. Where did Dr. Ahmed Adamu get his economic degree from?

Import ban benefits local producers and creates jobs for locals. In a recent article in Quartz Africa magazine title “Nigeria’s unemployment rate has more than tripled in the last five years—and it will only get worse, the author Yomi Kazeem claimed that one in every two Nigeria labor force is either unemployed or underemployed. The article further claimed that Nigeria unemployment stands at 27.1%.

This unemployment rate is serious—enough to increase crime rate among the youths. So, import is not a healthful path to follow if Nigeria is serious about reducing unemployment.

In about two weeks, Nigeria is going to be 60 years old since it became an independence Nation and it still relying of food import. Continuous importation of food from foreign countries, especially when a larger part of Nigeria land is fertile speaks badly about the way Nigeria is managed.

Unlike northern Nigeria which land is infertile for agriculture development, southern states—with its regular rain fall a year should be funded fully by the federal government to engage in a large-scale agriculture production. This will create jobs locals and make Nigeria self-sufficient in food production—leading to permanent ban on all foods import

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD / PDP Defeats APC, Wins Adamawa Guber Poll / Enugu: Ejikeme Omeje Is Dead! (APC House Of Reps Candidate Dies In Autocrash)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.