Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed (9098 Views)

INEC To Deploy BVAS Device For Anambra Election, Dumps Smart Card Reader / Ondo INEC Fire Incident Is Plot To Rig, Say PDP, Jegede / NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by philcz(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2020
I don’t think this country will get better.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by Ezmans: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
Brandstudio01:
I feel so sorry for this country.
Sometimes I ask myself whether these guys think we are headless creatures
nigeria is evil, just for somebody advantage he destroy tax payers money
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by Piroskeey: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
As big as INEC they can't buy automatic ball Fire extinguisher even small companies in lagos afford it please contact us for your automatic fire extinguisher.
Dapromzy333:
Over 5,000 smart card readers are said to have been destroyed in the fire that engulfed the head office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Akure, Thursday.

Confirming this on Friday, the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) of INEC in the state, Amb. Rufus Akeju told newsmen that the inferno started at about 7:30pm after the office had been closed for the day.

According to him, 5,141 smart card readers were destroyed in the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNoXl_dNCy4

Mr Akeju stressed that things could have been worse, had it not been for the timely intervention of the men of the Ondo State Fire Service, Federal Fire Service, and fire service officials from Ilesa, Osun State.

At the time of reporting, the actual cause of the fire is yet unknown, but the REC assured that appropriate agencies are already investigating the incident.

The Commissioner also stated that the incident will not affect the coming election in the state, stressing that necessary arrangements are being put in place to replace the burnt materials.

The fire outbreak on Thursday comes only a few weeks to the October 10 governorship election in the state.

INEC’s Commissioner in charge of Information and Voters Education, Festus Okoye, told journalists at the scene of the incident that the fire affected the Information and Communication Technology section of the Commission.

Speaking further on the damaged materials, Mr Okoye revealed that about 1000 card readers delivered to INEC from Osun State were caught up in the flames alongside over 4000 card readers belonging to INEC in Ondo State.

He, however, assured that the inferno will not lead to the postponement of the polls.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/09/11/ondo-fire-over-5000-smart-card-readers-destroyed-inec/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1hvgv0d-qIUiyn8atrMF_6ZX4FcDbLI-GNI_tGTeRAGAS2UkFvOUJXU3g

Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by Ezmans: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ezmans:
nigeria is evil, just for somebody advantage he destroy tax payers money
no African countries this evil I'll happen
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by starbright4real(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) am in lagos and willing to relocate 07037799108
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by Asour: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2020
Brandstudio01:
All these drama is something e-voting system would've saved us. But unfortunately, our politicians are not tired of embarrassing this country

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only.

E voting is a commendable idea. But even that is not devoid of malpractice.

In 2014, an 'ordinary' ICAN presidential election was fraught with malpractice. People where sacked but the beneficiary isn't known till date.

At the end of the day it's the people NOT the system.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by sterlingD(m): 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2020
Unbelievable.INEC,how could you allow this to happen?

Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2020
So they burnt INEC to rig elections ?

This is season of heavy rains.

Later they will tell us Nigeria will be good.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by BigBashiru: 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
Dapromzy333:
Over 5,000 smart card readers are said to have been destroyed in the fire that engulfed the head office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Akure, Thursday.

Confirming this on Friday, the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) of INEC in the state, Amb. Rufus Akeju told newsmen that the inferno started at about 7:30pm after the office had been closed for the day.

According to him, 5,141 smart card readers were destroyed in the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNoXl_dNCy4

Mr Akeju stressed that things could have been worse, had it not been for the timely intervention of the men of the Ondo State Fire Service, Federal Fire Service, and fire service officials from Ilesa, Osun State.

At the time of reporting, the actual cause of the fire is yet unknown, but the REC assured that appropriate agencies are already investigating the incident.

The Commissioner also stated that the incident will not affect the coming election in the state, stressing that necessary arrangements are being put in place to replace the burnt materials.

The fire outbreak on Thursday comes only a few weeks to the October 10 governorship election in the state.

INEC’s Commissioner in charge of Information and Voters Education, Festus Okoye, told journalists at the scene of the incident that the fire affected the Information and Communication Technology section of the Commission.

Speaking further on the damaged materials, Mr Okoye revealed that about 1000 card readers delivered to INEC from Osun State were caught up in the flames alongside over 4000 card readers belonging to INEC in Ondo State.

He, however, assured that the inferno will not lead to the postponement of the polls.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/09/11/ondo-fire-over-5000-smart-card-readers-destroyed-inec/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1hvgv0d-qIUiyn8atrMF_6ZX4FcDbLI-GNI_tGTeRAGAS2UkFvOUJXU3g

what men do for power that is transient....smh....
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by passiveincome01: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2020
JESUs
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by Lamasta(m): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2020
We are not shocked its just a reminder that election is near in Ondo State
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by samwillyco1(m): 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
Waiting for EDO own to go on flame. Nigeria is irredeemable, I pity our next generation to come. May those behind all these things never know peace in their life, Amen.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by Redman44(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2020
People should be allowed to vote with their International Passport or National ID Card if they have one. If you don't have a PVC, you should be able to vote with your International Passport as a Nigerian. Voters Registers for each Local Government should be published online and on boards at selected secondary schools and educational institutions a month to any election in Nigeria. The Voters registers should be permanently published online for eligible Nigerian voters to check their names anytime they want to do that. Cheers.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by favor914: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
Redman44:
People should be allowed to vote with their International Passport or National ID Card if they have one. If you don't have a PVC, you should be able to vote with your International Passport as a Nigerian. Voters Registers for each Local Government should be published online and on boards at selected secondary schools and educational institutions a month to any election in Nigeria. The Voters registers should be permanently published online for eligible Nigerian voters to check their names anytime they want to do that. Cheers.
It reminds me of the Hushpuppi & Atiku Dubai plot, there will be extra 10 million ghost citizens on their own server.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by integrity16(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2020
Buhari please send some DSS officials to protect Edo INEC office to prevent similar occurrence.

We really want to know if Edo would be Lagos or not.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by akolat(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2020
This country is just a joke. This is just a deliberate act.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by favor914: 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2020
samwillyco1:
Waiting for EDO own to go on flame. Nigeria is irredeemable, I pity our next generation to come. May those behind all these things never know peace in their life, Amen.
A bad tree can never yield good fruits like Christ said, we will try our best to survive.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
Brandstudio01:
I feel so sorry for this country.
Sometimes I ask myself whether these guys think we are headless creatures

They don't think -they know we are headless chickens grin grin
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by MemoriesAndMe: 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
So, of everything damaged in typical fires outbreak, the only things worth being noticed are smart card readers? And ot wasn't even "about 5000 card readers" it was "5000" gerege. Make una continue. We know the next 5 steps after this.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by King44(m): 1:33am On Sep 12, 2020
The rigging Apocalypse under APC, I said it, left for the people of Ondo state Akeredolu can never win. APC can never win in Ondo only digging can help them and luckily Buhsri came in through the same format in the last general election.

In Benin Obaseki would win but that mumu man has also under performed like Akeredolu did
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by banio: 10:57am On Sep 12, 2020
One card reader is valued over #1 million. And we have fire proof boxes, yet we didn't buy.
Re: Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed by GreaterFuture1(m): 10:56am On Oct 04, 2020
sankky:
NEXT LEVEL - a euphemism for THE MORE YOU LOOK, THE LESS YOU SEE.
Hello Mr Sanjay, Pls Let's chat via whatsapp (that's my WhatsApp number chat link in Signature below).
I don't have access to my Nairaland Mail ATM. Thank You.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dear Ikwerres & Ikas / Doubts Greet Handling Of Abba Kyari’s Drug Case / Upgraded Lagos Domestic Airport Is Crumbling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.