Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,541 members, 7,850,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN (425 Views)

US Warns Citizens Over Shi’ites Protest In Abuja, Others / Police Officer Killed As Shi’ites Protest In Abuja (Picture) / Shi’ites In Abuja Burn Flags Of US And Israel (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by NwekeUG(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2020
IgbereTV reports that members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, a.k.a. Shi’ites, have rejected plans by a Nigerian filmmaker, to release a film that allegedly depicts their detained leader, Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky, as a hypocrite, and the sect as an armed gang of killers.

During a street protest held in Abuja on Thursday, to demand El-Zakzaky’s unconditional release from security custody, the Shi’ites called on the stakeholders in the film industry to stop the release of the movie, which they described as an attempt to defame El-Zakzaky.

They said the development is capable of raising conflict and disturbing peace in the nation.

Spokesman of IMN, Ibrahim Musa, said: “We are shocked by a recent film shot at Enugu where the Islamic Movement in Nigeria and its leader Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky are badly portrayed.

“From the clips of the film, one can see protesters and religious mourners depicted as murderous armed gang of killers.

“One wonders what is happening to the Nollywood industry. Where are those patriotic directors, producers, actors and actresses who stood their ground to fight evil, corruption and dictatorship during Abacha regime as we witnessed in ‘Stubborn grasshopper’, a movie which sided with the oppressed masses at that time."

Below are some pictures from the movie shoot.

https://igberetvnews.com/1364274/shiites-protest-plan-filmmaker-release-movie-defaming-el-zakzaky-imn/

Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by NwekeUG(m): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2020
More

Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by Kriss216: 10:26am On Sep 12, 2020
Foolish sect!

Who's El-Zakzaky that they can't make movie for? Netflix made a movie depicting Jesus Christ and you guys were in support. God punish una!

Carry go nollywood.

1 Like

Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by olus01(m): 10:51am On Sep 12, 2020
me i fit watch anything watchable
Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by Ikeast(m): 11:06am On Sep 12, 2020
The movie, go sweet die. i can't wait to watch it...........
Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 12, 2020
Pete Edochie didn't try by involving himself with this controversial issue , Moreover why didn't they shoot the movie in the North.
Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by Cornel101: 11:26am On Sep 12, 2020
I lost respect for Pete Edochie for accepting to do such hatchet job for Nigeria Army.Innocent bloods shed on the street of kaduna shouldn’t be trivialized.I am a Christian but i hope they will get justice one day.
Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by VEXT: 11:33am On Sep 12, 2020
This is not right. We don't want any problem,since his people are against it..
Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by ubandawaki: 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2020
Sorry I am not in support of shii'tes but no Muslim denomination support that rubbish by netflix infact a lot of muslim scholars spoke against it.
Kriss216:
Foolish sect!

Who's El-Zakzaky that they can't make movie for? Netflix made a movie depicting Jesus Christ and you guys were in support. God punish una!

Carry go nollywood.
Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by amachuk(m): 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
Pete is becoming a huge disappointment.
Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by slivertongue: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
the producers of this movie are irresponsible
Re: Shi’ites Protest Plan By Filmmaker To Release Movie Defaming El-Zakzaky, IMN by Charmingrascal(m): 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
The first day I saw the pictures from this movie set on the internet I knew it would bring controversies.

Destiny Etiko wearing hijab and holding a rifle.
If Shiite no talk MUMURIC will.

That Film can make all these fanatics start religious crisis

(1) (Reply)

Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Plane / IG Please Don't Scrap SARS Reform It To SABS / Gov. Nyesom Wike, Reinforcing The Proscription Of Ipob In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.