Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass (43252 Views)

United States Investors Coming To Lekki Free Trade Zone: US Consul General / Before BVAS, Some People Write Election Results - Governor Inuwa Yahaya / Lagos Free Zone: US Mission In Nigeria To Facilitate Increased Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:39am On Sep 13, 2020
tamdun:

They fought for it, smart adeyemi was among them

In 1991, Smart was a sports correspondent on NTA Ilorin.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Dedetwo(m): 6:57am On Sep 13, 2020
Advocate500:
The same people that will tell u the igbo speaking area in Niger delta are not igbos but migrants from Benin republic will be quick to accept the okun people as yurobas, let us continue to deceive ourselves in this country when we are ready we all will know, the okun people have never complained about their relationship with the northern region just like the igbo speaking south south until now they are feeling insecure with their adopted brothers, when we are ready as people we will know.

Do not let Yari.ba teach you the historic facts about Nigeria.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Christistruth00: 7:26am On Sep 13, 2020
Bkayyy:

OH you think I am claiming parts of Kwara for hausa grin. Sorry I interacted with the hausa there to know they are permanent residents not indigenes

95% of Ilorin is Yoruba. Get over it.

Even the Yorubanized Kwara Fulani speak strong Oyo dialect Yoruba and can't speak Fulfude at all.

Governor Hope Uzodima is busy selling Imo State to your enemies you better go and deal with him before it is too late , instead of belly aching over Kwara and Okunland !!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Ategberoson(m): 7:40am On Sep 13, 2020
Dedetwo:

You are so idiotic you could not even understand the context in which words are used. When Sokoto Caliphate ran over Yari.ba land in today's Niger State, there was no country called Nigeria. One can safely say such overrun had trappings of conquest. Biafra was not conquered by another nation or existing group of people organized in governing structure but the same country where it wanted to brake off. Biafra was reunited with Nigeria not conquered by Nigeria. Nothing was imposed on the people of Biafra thus the defunct eastern region of Nigeria which is divided in states as any other defunct region in Nigeria. The so-called Yari.ba peeps found all over Kwara, Niger and Kogi are leftovers or remnants as a result of the stampede generated by the Jihadists. Awolowo in his well documented cunning ways tried to bring Kwara and Kabba regions into western region of Nigeria but failed woefully.

you are so uninformed about conquest, you people were conquered and still force to the dominance under the same republic millions of your people got wasted to leave

that's the height of conquest

5 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 13, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

This is the mistake which most people are making in Nigeria. It is not about tribe example hausa Igbo Yoruba, it is all about religion as long as you are a Muslim in Nigeria you are under the fulanis nothing else that is the religion in the country. So all of this hausa Tribe does not really count. Because by the end of the day they are Muslims and they are under the fulanis. It is the same issue with Pakistan and India long ago where the Muslims when they are away and created Pakistan. Today's some of them are running back to India

correct for Ilorin, who have sacrificed culture for religion and made themselves eternal slaves to Fulani.

Okuns are 95% Christians and were not conquered by the Jihadists; they maintain their names which is the most important part of culture unlike Ilorins who have adopted Arabic names and dumped Yoruba names completely.

imagine a Yoruba man bearing Rashid Abdulai, this is common in Ilorin but not the case okunland. An Okun man bears Smart Adeyemi and make sure the Yoruba part is pronounced

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Opeyemi4real(m): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2020
Haywhysat:
Hausa is common in Kwara? Lol, seems you haven't been to Kwara before
I think he's a young boy.

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Donykua: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2020
Okun Aa gbe' a!
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Opeyemi4real(m): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

These places you named have been known as north for a long time.

They have a common language binding them which is Hausa.
You must be between 15-20years of age to have said this.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Obamaofusa: 8:43am On Sep 13, 2020
J111333:
I've bookmarked this your comment for future reference.
Very soon, the same yorubas in this forum will attack some Igbo speaking folks in Rivers, Delta and Akwaibom states for wanting to be regarded as Igbos.
As much as we know that there are Igbos in the South south and even Yorubas(Olukumi,Itshekiri,Akoko Edo etc),if they reject been called Igbos(or Yorubas) and do not request to be recognized as being Igbos(or Yorubas),the best thing is not to abuse them or force them.
Most Yorubas outside SW always like to be recognized as Yorubas but I don't know why the likes of Oliseh,Tonto Dikeh etc will deny being Igbos in public.
I have a lot of Igbo friends and understand the tone of the Igbo language but one day,I heard a set of people both elderly and young obviously going for an event.I heard them conversing in a language that sounded like the Igbo I knew but somehow different.I asked one of the elderly politely if that is Igbo language,she said they are not Igbos but their language resembles Igbo language but a little different.She then told me that they are from Delta.
I think this palava has its root from the fact that some alleged Igbos have Benin root.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by seunmsg(m): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2020
This is long overdue. The Okun people, the Yoruba people of Edo State and the Yoruba people that constitute the majority in Kwara State should be merged into a state in the south west region. Keeping these people partially as minorities in the north central makes no sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by GarangDeMabior: 9:07am On Sep 13, 2020
seunmsg:
This is long overdue. The Okun people, the Yoruba people of Edo State and the Yoruba people that constitute the majority in Kwara State should be merged into a state in the south west region. Keeping these people partially as minorities in the north central makes no sense.

They are comfortable where they are. The letter is just a mere academic exercise.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by seunmsg(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

They are comfortable where they are. The letter is just a mere academic exercise.

What do they stand to gain from a mere academic exercise and why would they indulge in that? If they are comfortable, they wouldn’t be writing letter.

If I may ask, what’s your own in this matter? The people have made their collective intention known and you’re here talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by demmie1: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2020
tamdun:
A nation is, a group of people with the same language, culture and in same geographical locations.okun people don taya
Okun people really messed up, when they were in kwara, they dominated almost all the ministry, suddenly the likes of smart adeyemi started fighting for separation and their wish was granted, now they want to come back when gara people don show them shege

See the dilemma, when they were in kwara everybody see themselves as Yoruba and no qualms about who gets what, now they moved to kogi where they believed they would get more, then there are other two ethnic groups who wanted the same. So they get nothing, the only way they will get anything is if they have a state which is not forthcoming.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by myobjective: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2020
Mrbillionaire:

correct for Ilorin, who have sacrificed culture for religion and made themselves eternal slaves to Fulani.

Okuns are 95% Christians and were not conquered by the Jihadists; they maintain their names which is the most important part of culture unlike Ilorins who have adopted Arabic names and dumped Yoruba names completely.

imagine a Yoruba man bearing Rashid Abdulai, this is common in Ilorin but not the case okunland. An Okun man bears Smart Adeyemi and make sure the Yoruba part is pronounced

I'm from Ondo state and I bear Abdulahi, my siblings bears Ismaila, Suleiman etc. Man you sound daft, religion has nothing to do with ethnicity, and for your information, the Ilorin always bears a Yoruba middle name or surname that makes them a unique Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by demmie1: 9:40am On Sep 13, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

What do you enjoy in making yourself look foolish?
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2020
Christistruth00:

95% of Ilorin is Yoruba. Get over it.

Even the Yorubanized Kwara Fulani speak strong Oyo dialect Yoruba and can't speak Fulfude at all.

Governor Hope Uzodima is busy selling Imo State to your enemies you better go and deal with him before it is too late , instead of belly aching over Kwara and Okunland !!!
Nothing concerns me with your okunland and Kwara. Just go and claim the whole of kwara and see what recently happened in Share repeat itself.
Mind you am having a reasonable discussion not the hate and bittered one you are accustomed to
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2020
banjo022:
this guy is an illiterate Sha. is emir of lafiagi the Paramount ruler of the nupes or Estu of Nupe?
There is a difference between this terms, "Nupe in Kwara" from "Nupe" one is used to describe part of the larger group that are trapped in a particular state known as Kwara. To stop the nonsense, the Nupe are actually seeking for their own state known as Edu state.
The paramount ruler of all Nupe is the Etsu which is also a Fulani. Even the Emirs in Kwara also go by the titla Etsu. Example, the Emir of of Lafiagi can be addressed as the Etsu Lafiagi, shonga, Etsu shonga and so on.
There are some things you can't know from the Internet alone, you have to travel for some things. So man up and leave your hut

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2020
Sammy07:

Kwara isn't a Yoruba name.
BUT in all Wikipedia, government sites.

you'll always see (Ipinle Kwara) not written in any other language apart from Yoruba.

even the government seal is Yoruba design
Chai see confusion. Kwara is simply the Nupe name for River Niger and Nupe and even your yoruba there are ruled by fulani which the Nupe have no problem with for now.
Now you know who has more claim to the state in general
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by awgumayor: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2020
Bkayyy:

This thread is exposing the true colour of the chameleons
I don't blame them, but the naive ones they keep changing their identities. This is to tell them (naive Igbos) that a time will come when everyone will answer his father's name. Well done Okun people.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Christistruth00: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2020
Bkayyy:

Nothing concerns me with your okunland and Kwara. Just go and claim the whole of kwara and see what recently happened in Share repeat itself.
Mind you am having a reasonable discussion not the hate and bittered one you are accustomed to

12 out of 16 Local Govt of Kwara are Yoruba.
.Share is YORUBA with an OBA so what is your problem?

Hope Uzodima is busy selling Imo State to your enemies you are arguing over Kwara?

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 10:36am On Sep 13, 2020
Christistruth00:

12 out of 16 Local Govt of Kwara are Yoruba.
.Share is YORUBA with an OBA so what is your problem?

Hope Uzodima is busy selling Imo State to your enemies you are arguing over Kwara?
LOL, the Oba that answers to the Emir of Tsaragi. You make me laugh.
Do you know how many people that claim Oba in share?
Where did you make up that 12 out 16 Local Govt from anyways?
The map below shows yoruba in Kwara, and Yoruba shares ifelodun with Nupe and significant amount of ilorin east and west with fulani

1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Christistruth00: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2020
Bkayyy:

LOL, the Oba that answers to the Emir of Tsaragi. You make me laugh.
Do you know how many people that claim Oba in share?

The Emir of Ilorin was soundly defeated by the Ilorin Yoruba Chief's and removed since1896 and again in 1937.

When the Niger Royal Company troops took Ilorin the Balogun Yoruba was the ruler of Ilorin it was him the British fought to take Ilorin.

Emir of Ilorin had already been defeated and removed by the Ilorin Yoruba in fact after being defeated Emir Momoh killed himself.

The reinstatement of the position of Emir of Ilorin is completely Political by the British to please the Northern Emirs Just as Okunland being in the North is a completely Political arrangement.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2020
Christistruth00:

The Emir of Ilorin was soundly defeated by the Ilorin Yoruba Chief's and removed in 1896 and 1937.

When the Niger Royal Company troops took Ilorin the Balogun Yoruba was the ruler of Ilorin it was him the British fought the Emir of Ilorin had already been defeated and removed by the Ilorin Yoruba's in fact after being defeated Emir Momoh killed himself.

The reinstatement of the position of Emir of Ilorin is completely Political by the British to please the Northern Emirs Just as Okunland being in the North is a completely Political arrangement.
I am not interested in make believe history though there was never a time the yoruba Chiefs took back ilorin from the fulani, I am talking about what is on ground ie what is happening at the moment. The only thing that favours the yoruba in the emir cabinet is that each quarters in the emirate have their own paramount chief, so you guys can call the yoruba own Oba if you like.
I care less if you guys get ilorin back or not. If left for me I've never seen the ilorin yorubas complain. Infact the Emir is a blessing to them, it's not like they are part of the so called igbomina yorubas. The Emir is the reason why Ilorin is not like other yoruba cities (dilapidated structures).
Please you guys should stop sowing revised history to these people because it won't end well.
If you've been to Kwara you will know that the Fulanis there are always battle ready. You can never see a fulani in Kwara without his Dane gun or Matchet, it's their trademark there.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by chibuzorAbia: 11:08am On Sep 13, 2020
Bkayyy:

LOL. grin the same thing that is chasing the Chinese, more money.

Chinese come with capital and real money, Igbos run out of Igbo land with their nylon bags!

Where did you see the Chinese selling fanyogo? Ndi ala!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Christistruth00: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2020
Bkayyy:

I am not interested in make believe history though there was never a time the yoruba Chiefs took back ilorin from the fulani, I am talking about what is on ground ie what is happening at the moment. The only thing that favours the yoruba in the emir cabinet is that each quarters in the emirate have their own paramount chief, so you guys can call the yoruba own Oba if you like.
I care less if you guys get ilorin back or not. If left for me I've never seen the ilorin yorubas complain. Infact the Emir is a blessing to them, it's not like they are part of the so called igbomina yorubas. The Emir is the reason why Ilorin is not like other yoruba cities (dilapidated structures).
Please you guys should stop sowing revised history to these people because it won't end well.
If you've been to Kwara you will know that the Fulanis there are always battle ready. You can never see a fulani in Kwara without his Dane gun or Matchet, it's their trademark there.

Sorry the truth pains but that is the truth the Yoruba Chief's retook Ilorin after removing the Emir in 1896.

Google Emir Momoh of Ilorin and how he was defeated.

The Emir position in Ilorin is a purely British reimposition just as they did in Makurdi and Southern Kaduna.

5 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2020
chibuzorAbia:

Chinese come with capital and real money, Igbos run out of Igbo land with their nylon bags!

Where did you see the Chinese selling fanyogo? Ndi ala!
Selling what ? But aren't you ashamed that a man came with nylon bag and make enough money to build in that your land while you sit in the gutter wailing and hating.
Guy you made me feel so proud. We make the impossible possible. We came with nylon bags and return with cars.
We are even better than the Chinese. They came with money to make more money while we came with nothing and made more money.
We too much.
Igbo Amaka! mehn
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 11:27am On Sep 13, 2020
Christistruth00:

Sorry the truth pains but that is the truth the Yoruba Chief's retook Ilorin after removing the Emir in 1896.

Google Emir Momoh of Ilorin and how he was defeated.

The Emir position in Ilorin is a purely British reimposition just as they did in Makurdi and Southern Kaduna.

Liar!
The emir of Ilorin from 1896 to 14th January 1914 was Sulaymanu dan Aliyu ( a fulani).
The emir of Ilorin from 1915 to November 1919 was Shuaybu
Bawa Dan Zubayr (a fulani).
The emir of Ilorin from 17 February 1920 to June 1959 was Alhaji Abdulkadir dan Shuaybu Bawa ( a fulani).
So which years were you saying that you mysteriously defeated fulani, took over Ilorin and ruled again?
One thing you yorubas are good at is trying to change history to suit your ego. Ilorin has never fallen out of fulani hands before and it will never fall.
You yorubas just wake up one morning and make up imaginary histories of how you guys were Spartans in the ancient times forgetting that some history in Nigeria are documented. But we know you guys very well. Currently, reasonable people are beginning to doubt you guys imaginary OYO empire because you can't be a lion in the past and a chicken in the present. The yorubas we see everyday are not capable of conquering anybody, talk more of having and holding an empire
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by garfield1: 11:46am On Sep 13, 2020
Bkayyy:

Try to convince someone that has not been to Kwara. The yorubas in Kwara try to project offa as the second biggest city in Kwara but those that have been there knows better, after visiting all of them I realized that Lafiagi is actually the second biggest just that Nupe people don't like to make noice, they prefer action. And saying that yoruba is spoken in all the Local governments, you made me laugh big time. Yoruba is not even used in tsaragi that shares boundary with share talk more of the entire local governments including the almighty Lafiagi that Nupe don't joke with.
The only thing I give to the yoruba kwarans is that they are more educated than there Nupe counterparts, but when it comes to influence, don't underestimate the Nupe influence because an average Nupe man cares less of what he can gain from the yorubas but the yorubas depend on the Nupe for food which is a primary necessity, now tell me who needs to learn and speak the others language

But you agree that the yorubas dominate 12 lgas and Nupes 4?
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 11:52am On Sep 13, 2020
garfield1:

But you agree that the yorubas dominate 12 lgas and Nupes 4?
Lies, Kwara is not all about Nupe and Yoruba. The biggest ethnic group in the state by population is Fulani followed by Yoruba then Nupe. But when it comes to land mass it is Nupe followed by others.
Below is the local Government dominated by yoruba. I even included ifelodun that is shared with Nupe oh.
You can count it yourself

1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by oyatz(m): 11:52am On Sep 13, 2020
SmartPolician:

This is quite different.

The Igbos lost the Biafran war, which explains why the Igbo-speaking people in Rivers and Delta have refused to align with their brothers in the South East.

If the reverse had been the case, they would have been begging to join the country because Biafra would have gone far.

Besides, Nigeria would be treating them as slaves just as they do now (explore and tap your oils and pay you peanuts in compensation).

Victory has many friends. On the other hand, defeat has numerous enemies.

Delta State was NEVER part of the defunct Republic of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by oyatz(m): 11:54am On Sep 13, 2020
motherlode:
Even though their concerns are genuine, it is practically impossible to cede them to the south west based on geographical segregation because they represent just a chunk of Kogi's landmass that shares land border with Edo, Enugu and Benue. Their goal can only be achieved with equal cooperation from Kwara state and Kogi as a whole. They all must speak in unison else, nothing worthwhile will be done.

It is possible sir.

They are NOT asking for the whole of Kogi State but OkunLand (roughly equal to Kogi West)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Akinsola Akinwunmi Killed In Abuja-Kaduna Train Bombing / #PMBInLagos: Guard Of Honour For President Buhari In Lagos (Pictures) / FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.