Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:03 AM

Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects (13100 Views)

Darkness Looms As TCN Moves To Disconnect Defaulting Discos, Gencos / Nigeria Will Remain In Darkness Except FG Pays Our N1.6trn – GENCOS / FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by adioolayi(m): 8:38am On Sep 16, 2020
Gilbus1:

Oga, reading the post carefully would have saved you this embarrassing statement...

I read is argument....No basis of comparing PHCN to NEPA not to talk of GENCOS and DISCOS....NEPA at their time was generating 1200MW ...How can you compare that with GENCOS and DISCOS
Read more about government fundings and pathetic situation of NEPA back then

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/02/25/nigerias-electricity-problem-fg-vs-discos/amp/
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by Merimental(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2020
jimmyolasun:
damn! never felt this "economy bad" of a thing until recently.. I got home on Monday and discovered that my sub for light(5k monthly) don't finish within just 1week 5days..

haaaa!! I was confused, who come steal unit for inside meter... walaitalai ... I call tope straight to come help me bypass the meter nii oo.. since naa to dey rob one another remain now..

just on a steady lock on gate and then released my dogs to dey patrol.. fly self no go wan trespass

sharp guy by-passer grin
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by Merimental(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2020
jimmyolasun:
damn! never felt this "economy bad" of a thing until recently.. I got home on Monday and discovered that my sub for light(5k monthly) don't finish within just 1week 5days..

haaaa!! I was confused, who come steal unit for inside meter... walaitalai ... I call tope straight to come help me bypass the meter nii oo.. since naa to dey rob one another remain now..

just on a steady lock on gate and then released my dogs to dey patrol.. fly self no go wan trespass

sharp guy grin
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by tutudesz: 8:55am On Sep 16, 2020
horchukoh:
yes oo they regard ibori as the best governor of Delta state despite the billions he stole and he was even convicted in the UK for his fraudulent act.

Delta state has the potential to rival state like Lagos and akwa ibom but this evil men don't care about the development of Delta state and the people keep voting for same party since inception of democracy in Delta state. they make Delta state look like rapid development can't go on there.

I seriously weep for Delta state,other state in South West with meagre resources are doing well than our state. Nigerians we need to grow sense and stop voting for all this stupid people when it comes to election period let's all stay in our various houses as a form of protest against their poor performance.
I just weak for Delta issue cry I wish I can change my state O! Bros whether you vote against them, PDP go win base on rigging
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by tutudesz: 8:58am On Sep 16, 2020
pafra:

This is an important point you have raised. Quite unfortunate. See what el-rufia is doing in kaduna state and that of kano state, I keep wondering how they are doing it.

The rate of yahoo in the state is alarming.

Thinking of going to Akwa-Ibom
Everywhere na yahoo boys!! Under age undecided See Kano with corruption still moving forward
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by tutudesz: 9:00am On Sep 16, 2020
Wickedfact angry:

Both the people of Delta and the leadership of Delta came together to destroy the state. The people chased away businesses and the government is stealing the people blind.
Look at Akwa Ibom and you'll weep for Delta.
Delta people are tired of PDP, but they keep winning because of rigging.
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by Minjim: 9:07am On Sep 16, 2020
Mayany:
You're not far from the truth Disco's prioritize areas where they generate more funds

The govt even permit them to give more energy to areas that are ready to pay any amount they are charged.

What do you think the Discos will do?

They'll just divert all their resources to areas that are ready to pay any amount while the rest of us remain in darkness.
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by Oketwin(m): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2020
itsmayiela:
Oga Amori, pls keep your mouth shut. You are from Mosogar and there is no light there for 6yrs now, what did you do? You made each household contribute 5k to buy transformer and where is the money?

You promise us transfirmer for Ajatitor if we vote for you. We vote for you finish, you run leave us for darkness.

Ose, No let us open your yansh biko.
d lite issue in delta is worse
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by skywalker240(m): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2020
itsmayiela:
Oga Amori, pls keep your mouth shut. You are from Mosogar and there is no light there for 6yrs now, what did you do? You made each household contribute 5k to buy transformer and where is the money?

You promise us transfirmer for Ajatitor if we vote for you. We vote for you finish, you run leave us for darkness.

Ose, No let us open your yansh biko.
Óye OH

UYOTA ÓGHÉNÉ, Ose kay mouruwe mamó.
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by Mayany(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2020
What is wrong with govt prioritizing the welfare of those that voted for them

Please what is wrong with that as a business model [/quote]
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by Jaxxcode: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2020
jimmyolasun:

Damnn, you must be a real Nigga!! grin grin
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by intruder15(m): 11:01am On Sep 16, 2020
tutudesz:
Bros leave Discos and speak on Delta state undecided No single capital project in Delta State, companies are leaving daily, na only yahoo be employment. A state with the second highest allocation can't finance a single project like Akwa Ibom.

Okowa is working. Las las, Delta people like hopeless leaders. The former sef, no hope.
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by shadeyinka(m): 11:03am On Sep 16, 2020
adioolayi:

That's not true....NEPA was generating maximum of 1200MW electricity...You can't compare anything with NEPA..not even PHCN. That's the truth

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/02/25/nigerias-electricity-problem-fg-vs-discos/amp/
Youve decided to pic the worst case scenareo for your exaMPLE.

NEPA (Nigerian Electricity Power Authority) stopped being in existence since 2006. Following the privatization of the Power Sector in 2013, distribution assets were subsequently sold to private companies.

As of December 2013, the total installed or nameplate capacity (maximum capacity) of the power plants was 6,953 MW. Available capacity was 4,598 MW. Actual average generation was 3,800 MW.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria#:~:text=As%20of%20December%202013%2C%20the,power%20plants%20was%207%2C445%20MW.

Except that your argument was that in 2013, electric power generation doubled immediately the DisCos came into operation.

What is the average actual distribution in 2020 by the DisCos?
Here is a report of Jun 19, 2020

The highest amount of power distributed in the week under review was 3,536.70MW on June 3, while the lowest (2,304.96M) was recorded the previous day.
The total power generation in the country plunged to 2,931.10MW as of 6am on Thursday from 3,718.3MW on Wednesday, data obtained from the Nigerian Electricity System Operator showed.
Eight power plants, including five built under the National Integrated Power Project, did not produce any megawatt of electricity as of 6am on Thursday.

https://www.energymixreport.com/discos-reject-8244mw-of-electricity-in-one-week/#:~:text=The%20power%20distribution%20companies%20in,Company%20of%20Nigeria%20has%20said.

The GENCOS claim an average of 8,000MW generation of which there is no proof because distribution had never ever exceeded 7000MW.

My little take sir
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by jimmyolasun: 11:57am On Sep 16, 2020
JuanDeDios:
You, sir, are a THIEF. With all due respect.

Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by SenatorKB: 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]"Oga Amori, pls keep your mouth shut. You are from Mosogar and there is no light there for 6yrs now, what did you do? You made each household contribute 5k to buy transformer and where is the money?

Ose, No let us open your yansh biko."

Oniovo mavor? No mind Amori na hypocrite
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by Gamesmart: 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2020
adioolayi:
Lies.....Lies...from the pit of HELL.

How can we say DISCOS and GENCOS now are not far better than NEPA

NEPA that became so bad that anytime they mistakenly bring light, the "shout of joy" that vibrates from every nook and cranny resonates more than air waves.

That terrible "Up NEPA" slogan is yet to fade away till date.

DISCOS and GENCOS are milking us, they are not at eldorado yet...but to compare them with NEPA Haba!!

Is it not Ighoyota Amori?

The fool old enough to be James Ibori's father but yet has taken a position as his ass-licking houseboy.

A fool without principles can not tell Nigerians anything sensible.
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by Anonymous1900: 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2020
Nothing is wrong with it as a business model if the business in question was truly private and is not a social service where the government still has a 40% stake in the sector.

I think what the poster you quoted meant was the discos abandon all responsibilities and critical infrastructure development in supposedly poor areas for areas that can pay forgetting not all those living in "poor" areas dont pay

Imagine police only responding to calls from affluent neighborhoods at the expense of the whole population because thats where people pay taxes the most which pays their salaries (how about the few that pay taxes and in not so affluent communities). You may say police is not a business but if you think about it from a different perspective you could argue govt setup police business and makes revenue from taxes to run it

Electricity, hospitals etc are others that cant be driven by profit

P.S Even if a business is fully private, govt can and often steps in to ensure its services are fair to the citizenry without discrimination(look at govt interference with DSTV everytime)

Social service infrastructure are supposed to be available without preference or favoritism to the entire population

anonimi:

Please what is wrong with that as a business model

Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by jspinsight: 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2020
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/discos-gencos-far-worse-than-nepa-in-all-aspects-amori/
In as much he is very correct, He has no moral right to criticize in Nigeria.. cos he is also part of d problems
Re: Ighoyota Amori: DISCOs, GENCOs Far Worse Than NEPA In All Aspects by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 17, 2020
femicyrus:
An irresponsible government will always think that privatization, deregulation and loans are the only solutions to the problems of the nation. They are all desperate to be in power only to keep doing the same thing with hope of getting a different result!
Exactly you're spot on, most Nigerians thinks that privatization is the only solution.

PDP Dissolves Ebonyi EXCO, Southeast Zonal Caretaker Committee / 2023: Thousands Decamp To APC As Party Hold Rally In Kwara (Pictures) / Election: IGP Baba Embarks On Monitoring/Patrol, Visits Kaduna, Plateau By Road