Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Should There Be Secrecy In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should There Be Secrecy In Marriage (684 Views)

What's So Special About The Secrecy Of One's Age / How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / Is Secrecy In Marriage Protective Or Destructive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should There Be Secrecy In Marriage by pfaj: 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2011
These days, wen i hear people say they hide things from there partners e.g payroll, account balance, e.t.c. i wonder why they got married in the 1st instance. I understand that sometimes, there are certain info divulged to u n shud be kept secret e.g a friend or anoda person's secret, where d keys to/password d safe in bank u work are kept, professional/clients info e.t.c
Bt hiding ur payroll or info abt ur business (success), why did u marry d person in d 1st place in u can't trust dem.

Two instances here,
i heard the story of a man who always made it seem to his wife n kids dat his business was nt bringing much (which was a big lie). He started a partnership with a friend (didnt tell his wife) n shortly b4 he was to rip d profits, he died. D friend took off, n d family had almost nottin. He was nt even given a gud burial cos dere was no moni. D wife n family suffered, n d wife even died. His kids had to really hustle to survive. Years later, his friend has a change of heart n decides to return wat he owed d family. It was sort of late cos d kids didn't really need it again. See wat d Man put his family thru cos of secrecy.

case 2;
Read dis sometym back. A wealthy man had travelled on a biz trip n he fell ill n didn't ave access 2 gud medical treatment. By d tym he was brought home, his condition was worst. He cud nt talk or do anytin. Wife n family had to source for money for surgery 4 him. He had many accounts n nobody cud access d 1s dey knew. His wife n kids jos knew dat if dey wanted anytin dey ask n get it if he was willing.
They cud nt raise enough on their own n from his business.  By d tym it occurred to dem dat dey cud call is bankers n get some money, it was too late.
He died, n it was even during his burial d wife was meeting strange pples, e.g tenants to houses she did no her hubby had. Later she got to know dat her hubby had vast investments n properties( d ones dat were documented).
Irony is dat, some years after, she decided to renovate d house n discovered a safe. In d safe dere was a huge amount of money which her hubby had marked "FOR EMERGENCY USE". The money was way more dan wat was even needed for d man's surgery n medical bill. HE MISS OUT COS OF SECRECY.
Re: Should There Be Secrecy In Marriage by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2011
There shouldn't be secrets but at the same time I always say that what you don't know won't kill you cool
Re: Should There Be Secrecy In Marriage by ifyalways(f): 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2011
Open secrets works for moi kiss He knows how much I earn but he does not know what/where I keep or use it.
Some information need to be available and easily accessed by both party . . .

(1) (Reply)

What Will U Do? / If Ur Score Is Zero, Please Stay In Ur Parents' House! / Family Members That Look Alike Are Worst Enemies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.