Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election (17340 Views)

Adebutu: I Lost Ogun Gov Election To Abiodun Because I Didn’t Shed Blood / Ezeife: IPOB Not Behind Attacks In Southeast. Igbo Don’t Shed Blood / Don’t Shed Innocent Blood During Nnamdi Kanu Parents Burial –fani-kayode Begs FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Islie: 11:26am On Sep 18, 2020
Governor Godwin Obaseki and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said his second term ambition is not worth spilling the blood of anyone in the Edo State governorship election holding tomorrow. He reassured that the governorship election would be peaceful and violence-free. Speaking shortly after one day prayer and fasting session for a peaceful election, organised by the Edo Christian Community for all the governorship candidates ahead of the election, Obaseki urged eligible voters to come out en masse without fear of intimidation or harassment. Obaseki said: “The church is the pillar on which we rest, and therefore, I have no fear whatsoever.

I take actions and people say I am very courageous, but it is God and not me. I have the church and God behind me, so why should I be afraid? “Ordinarily, an election is supposed to be a contest where people go to sell their ideals and citizens in their own freewill go and vote for those ideals they believe in; it shouldn’t be one where people will do anything to get power. “Election should not be one in which we shed blood because election will always come. If you die in an election, you will not be there in the next one to vote. So there is no need for violence.”

The governor noted: “It’s unfortunate that where we are today we are all afraid that there will be trouble, that there will be crisis and violence. But by the grace of God, we will all come out and vote and there won’t be any bloodshed. “There is no need for any violence and if anybody decides to act in a violent manner, just walk away because our lives are very precious. I have a covenant with God; if it will cost the blood of anybody for me to get into power, he should not let me have power.”

prayed that God would make peace reign before, during and after the election. “In this election, rigging and evil will not have their way. We knock the engine of their operation; Edo people shall go out and vote their consciences and the will of God will be done,” the clergy prayed

SOURCE

20 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by IamWonderful: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2020
Ok hope Shuaib will listen

46 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2020
Audio warning

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by BigEcommerce: 11:28am On Sep 18, 2020
Please stay safe!

Do you have products you sell? Why not get an online ecommerce store to showcase and sell the products to your customers, fully automated. Check my signature for contact details.
Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by longetivity(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2020
no how no how, pesin pikin go still die

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by myBraine: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2020
Stolen rhetoric.
Plagiarism

31 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 18, 2020
Good luck to you sir

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Cyberterror: 11:49am On Sep 18, 2020
Make tomorrow come make we start to dey dish out sweeping results unit by unit for PDP social media influencers to digest.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Lipscomb(m): 11:52am On Sep 18, 2020
You better warn your boys very well. I mean call them to a meeting not to cause mayhem tomorrow instead of this eyes service. Just Because to get political sympathy.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by EyezofGod120: 12:10pm On Sep 18, 2020
Yes,obaseki is a good leader,unlike cultist

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by PureGoldh(m): 12:10pm On Sep 18, 2020
If the youths get sense...make dem no present demselves as burnt offerings in the hands of people wey wan use dem cause katakata.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Sososo(f): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
Ok sir.
Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by jericco1(m): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
In the spirit of sportsmanship, I salute you sir cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Dizzyrascal(m): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
longetivity:
no how no how, pesin pikin go still die
na so election for Nigeria dey be. Their selfishness cannot allow things to happen peacefully.
Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Promoter2: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
angry
Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by MicheyJ1: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
Righteousness coming with speed to tell us that Jesus shed his blood for us already

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
Really nice governor. The life of any indigene isn't worth the governorship ambition of anyone
Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Slawormir: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Obaseki the real niggarrr

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by AFULA(m): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
okay
Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by ecolime(m): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
Junior GEJ grin

BTW, I really wish you win, NOT because you've done something spectacular, but to stamp out Godfatherism in Nigerian Politics. If it can be done in Kwara state, Edo state should not be an exception. Power should belong to the people not cabals.

These cabals award almost all contracts to themselves, fix all their children and friends in Juicy MDAs and still determine who hold offices all the way from Lagos to Edo.

If it works in Edo state then Lagos is gonna be a toast soon. O-to-ge should apply everywhere.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Earlystar698(m): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by DennisEche(m): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
IF ONLY , MEN DON DE GROUND ALREADY. BATTLE OF THE FITTEST.
OBASEKI DONT DULL O
Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by solmus: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
Bye bye Obaseki

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Nelly4you: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
obaseki all the way
Dm for your logo and flyer design

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by ignis: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
story for the gods...

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by cnnamoko(m): 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
ll they hear

anyways RIP in advance to the toy soldiers of tomorrow.
Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by LandMann: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
Asking them not to shed blood while your government has armed weed smokers around Benin with live guns in the name of vigilantee groups and your deputy is being praised for being the leader of strong cult group in Edo and also commander of political thugs, some of which where captured on video removing roof of house of assembly...

Sir, you're a big disappointment and you deserve to be voted out

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
Same old shit different way

Land Mark: The Young Shall Grow Company

Description: The front 2story of 6 flat the each of the flat is 2 bedroom then the one at the back is a story building first floor is 3bedroom of 2flat and down is a room and pallor swlf contain in 4 place in all comprising 12 families

Price: 29m for the two buildings

1 Like

Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Amspecial: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
angry
Re: Obaseki To Electorate: Don’t Shed Blood For My Re-election by Guyman02: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
Obaseki shaarap there, its the same thing that Jonathan said in 2015 that has kept us in this situation, tell your supporters not to forment trouble but if APC tries Pim they should show them Wein, Buhari said baboon and dogs will be soaked in blood and today he is the president. We don't need show of weakness, your opponents are brutal and you should be prepared to reciprocate above measure to win them.
The only way to defeat your enemy is to crush them totally. Robert Greene - 48 Laws of Power (IBB's best author)
I know that Shaibu won't listen to your pacifist policy

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The National Electricity Grid Has Experienced A System Collapse. / Tinubu Thrives In Controversy, Yet He Succeeds All The Time. / Ombatse Chief-Priest - Governor Ordered Police To Kill Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.