Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin (60737 Views)

Philip Shaibu Wins Edo PDP Parallel Governorship Primaries / Why Oshiomhole Wants Direct Primary Election – Shaibu, Obaseki’s Deputy / Shehu Sani Loses Polling Unit By Wide Margin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by engineerboat(m): 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
Edodecides2020: Deputy Governor Shaibu Wins Own Polling Unit By Wide Margin

The Edo State deputy governor, Philip Shaibu, has won his polling unit by 401 votes as against the All Progressives Congress’s 148 votes, in Saturday’s election.

The Peoples Democratic Party’s deputy governorship candidate voted at Ward 11, polling unit 5 of Etsako West LGA.

In an adjoining polling unit of the same ward as his, the PDP also won by 131 to APC’s 65.

Jubilant supporters were seen hailing and singing Mr Shaibu’s praises shortly after the unit’s votes were counted.

Mr Shaibu later returned to the scene, waving at the elated voters as they said, “you are a leader. You are a leader.”

Mr Shaibu had earlier voted a while after some fans of the opposition APC were engaged in a squabble with those loyal to him.

PREMIUM TIMES observed a cluster of the loyalists raising their voices and threatening each other in their local dialect, Etsako, a variant of languages spoken by the Afemai people.

“If you try that thing here, we will kill ourselves,” one of the loyalists was heard saying. By “thing,” he meant trying to woo his party’s potential voters to the other side.

“We must deliver this unit,” this time, one of PDP’s loyalists chipped in.

Speaking to journalists afterwards, Mr Shaibu expressed optimism of winning a re-election and praised the Independent and National Electoral Commission, INEC.

“If what I’m seeing here is what is happening all over the state, it means INEC has fulfilled its promise to deliver a free, credible and safe election,” he told reporters.

“If you look (around), you will see that movement is highly restricted,” he noted, adding that he is assured of victory.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/415813-edodecides2020-deputy-governor-shaibu-wins-own-polling-unit-by-wide-margin.html

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by MrGoood: 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
The only reason I stand with Obaseki is because of shaibu, I need to get my own wears, He's a good leader and a loyalist, 200% loyal.

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by SmartProf(m): 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
All Godfathers in Edo, Lagos & Abuja will be evicted from the big brother house in Edo today with Obaseki's Victory. See as margin resemble Super highway. Edo no be Lagos no be poem, na the Koko. NCDC abeg come see a very clear example of social distancing wey una go dey use for una jingles.

203 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Gondonu: 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
Strong man! Good one there! Congratulations.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Dollabommie(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
4+4 Torgba

58 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Hofbrauhaus(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
My niggar

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by shortgun(m): 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
4+4
Why change a winning team
Oshomole is permanently retired in Edo state. grin grin grin grin
Lagos....loading cheesy

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Jafar1: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
Its expected, Although

No be who win im own polling unit dey win election!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by chris259(m): 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
the edo north some dingbats are using to console themselves will be shared evenly becus shaibu and oshiomOLE are both from the same LGA. 4 + 4...

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2020
Someone created a thread asking where is Phillip Shaibu....

Oga Phillip is here and he has anwsered you... grin

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
De guy no wan hear say dey shoot bird, im mama fly grin

3 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by iampeterben(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
It's good na
Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by teekay213(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
cool
Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by ainas247: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
cheesy
Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by yusufu16: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
Very loyal Deputy

26 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Freeman022: 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
This guy boldly said he has never lost an election and that this won't be different. Kudos!

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by pretydiva(f): 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
PDP won in my ward
Apc 290
PDP 1,097

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Elvictor: 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
I know Amaechi has done it, our president 2023.. lwkmd, if PDP no win Edo state just declare Tinubu president come 2023

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Rilwayne001: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
APC will lose this election, and it'll become clear that Nigerians are really tired of this disastrous presidency they installed on us.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
Good to know

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Oracleforce: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
MrGoood:
The only reason I stand with Obaseki is because of shabu, I need to get my own wears, He's a good leader and a loyalist, 200% loyal.
But Obaseki ain't loyal....rebellious, traitor, betrayal, dictatorial, wicked human being...
Shuabu should expect similar treatment from Obaseki after 2023....he will jettison and dump him. after use. Wait and see

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Braspy: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
Na obaseki win am .. I dey watch the live results already shocked

8 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
De guy no wan here say dey shoot bird, im mama fly grin

5 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by yarimo(m): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
OBASAKI back bone is SHUAIBU

18 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by LandMann: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
Who do you think will win the election now that results have started trickling in?

Like for APC

Share for PDP

Quote for other party

14 Likes 116 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by tawababiola: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
Okay nah. We are watching with keen interest
Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Amspecial: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
shortgun:
4+4
Why change a winning team
Oshomole is permanently retired in Edo state. grin grin grin grin
Lagos....loading cheesy
Hehehe
Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by McCoy662(m): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
I love this team; Fight to finish. Even if they lose, they are forever a hero. No to godfatherism.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by shiwex: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
SmartProf:
All Godfathers in Edo, Lagos & Abuja will be evicted from the big brother house in Edo today with Obaseki's Victory. See as margin resemble Super highway. Edo no be Lagos no be poem, na the Koko. NCDC abeg come see a very clear example of social distancing wey una go dey use for una jingles.

Please evict them in all of Nigeria.......They are dragging the nation back........TINUBU pack and GO

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin by UDUJ(m): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
MrGoood:
The only reason I stand with Obaseki is because of shaibu, I need to get my own wears, He's a good leader and a loyalist, 200% loyal.

In this present day Nigeria it is very rare to see a loyal and trust-worthy individual like him. He had all the opportunity to abandon Obaseki, was even lured with hundreds of millions but he refused. He is a very dogged grass-roots politician and has been one of the major backbones of Obaseki's campaign. He has my utmost respect cool

29 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Handcuffs (Photos) / IPOB Sit-At-Home: People Playing At Ariaria Market Aba (Photos) / Motorcyclists Break Into Governor Ayade's Office, Dump Corpse Of Colleague There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.