Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? (47413 Views)

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 20, 2020
Why would you buy gifts for your kids only ? So because you now earn more than him you now feels he is not worth your gifts abi? If it were to be the other way round now, he will buy for you and your entire siblings. Women are unbelievable!!

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by sweetrace(f): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2020
Op, ignore these Nairalander ‘like’ seekers. You have every right to be upset With him. You with three streams of income and him focusing on one stream that is not bringing in much. Having said that, you married the good, bad and ugly that make up who he is. So, you have to pray to God to help you not only be tolerant, but to love him in spite of his short comings. I will suggest that instead of buying presents for him, you give him the money to help improve his business. Hopefully, the investment will yield good returns.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Deborah98(f): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2020
To be truthful eeh I fit do am but ask me how fess? okay how in the sense that I will be buying him clothes and other things he needs once in a while,case closed...
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2020
ClixMaster:
Why would you buy gifts for your kids only ? So because you now earn more than him you now feels he is not worth your gifts abi? If it were to be the other way round now, he will buy for you and your entire siblings. Women are unbelievable!!

You are missing the point. She is working three jobs because he has refused to up his hustle waiting for a miracle to happen. How can a man, in a society where you consider yourselves the providers and protectors, watch his wife work three jobs and instead of being worried about the impact the work load will have on her health, ask for gifts because she bought the kids snacks. undecided

Has anyone acknowledged this woman's vision and plan for a better future? You should all pray for a wife who thinks of building with you instead of asking you to spend on her wigs and nails. But no! Mr. wants gifts because she got the kids some snacks. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by marca(m): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2020
Good day bro. Pls kindly help me out and tutor me on the btc. As I ve no means of survival presently ( no job contract since covid). God bless you. My contact toyosi1184@gmail.com
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck
Niggarr!!

The main reason niggarrs got to step up the hustle.

I can't overemphasize the need for niggarrs to hustle.

Hustle o! So if tomorrow reach, you no go come nairaland dey open yeye thread on woman buying things for you as a man.

You dey give the woman power to ridicule you be that.

E be things o!

I go open account for you for Meet Me at 5k worth of BTC. Pm me if your interested.

For the last time, my people make una hustle o! Even girls dey bomb now. Make girl dey ask for update and you boy dey beg online.

Level up!!
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. Yes na, he is accurate time-keeper. I wonder why he thinks I care. cheesy

Few weeks back there was a thread on a man complaining of his unenterprising wife. He was asked to cut off the source. Make her understand lack, that way she is gingered to work. Men give themselves the best advice because men love peace way more than women. I like them for that and the only advice I apply from a man is that which he would have given another man. grin grin

This! cheesy

Is virtuous woman the female equivalent of simp now? grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2020
Kendumazy:
This is not an issue at all. Women should do away with the mentality of "Men are meant to suffer for them"

When men makes more money, they take care of their entire family which is the wife and children and not the children alone. The same should be applicable to women.

Ladies, take care of we your husbands too. We are not suffer head
That stingy creatures, I don't have time for them, marriage na scam.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 10:54am On Sep 20, 2020
Kendumazy:
This is not an issue at all. Women should do away with the mentality of "Men are meant to suffer for them"

When men makes more money, they take care of their entire family which is the wife and children and not the children alone. The same should be applicable to women.

Ladies, take care of we your husbands too. We are not suffer head

You are no longer the head? Noted.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by dingbang(m): 10:55am On Sep 20, 2020
Hassanmaye:

serious scam Allah.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 10:57am On Sep 20, 2020
Hassanmaye:

But it's your fellow men shaming ladies and other men who refuse to get married.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by BreconHills(m): 11:09am On Sep 20, 2020
Missis:
Assuming you are married to a man who works as self employed selling some wholesale items that fetch him 70k every month and you have three kids with him.

Meanwhile you the wife work in a private institution earning 60k as well as selling things online that fetch very little like 10k to 15k everymonth.

So you have adviced him to get something else doing to augment your joint income because the money both of you make is barely enough for both of you and three children. You suggest you both need to add more sources of income to your present jobs to move ahead in life and advance, send your children to better schools, maybe build a house, to just upgrade yourselves generally.

So after suggesting different jobs for him he refused to do anything else except his wholesale business because he believes one day he will suddenly make it big from selling his market.

You give up and start your own third business which is part time catering and start making some considerable amount of money from it so you buy new clothes, shoes, nice snacks for your kids from time to time.

Your husband sees all this and tells you to also buy gifts for him from your 'plenty' money. Tells you to not buy new things for only your kids but you should buy also add his own.

How will you react please?

This isn't a made up story please. It's very true, I just want to know if the way I responded was reasonable or if I was wrong.

Marriage is not an economic union. It is not a limited liability company where dividends are paid out based on amounts invested.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Kendumazy(m): 11:16am On Sep 20, 2020
Hathor5:

You are no longer the head? Noted.

The head is not meant to be a suffer head.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by ecomalchemist(m): 11:16am On Sep 20, 2020
Burstscam:
Miserable life of a man

From kindergarten, a boy gives his candy to little girls
He becomes a teenager and start buying presents for girls with his launch money
He becomes older and start giving his girlfriend, his siblings and his parents
When he marries, he gives, first, his wife, then his children, then his parents, then his in-laws, then his extended families.
In the end he has little or nothing left for himself.

Yet he doesn't complain.

Madam, receive sense, I beg you. Your husband knows that consistency and resilience pays off in the end. In the meantime, being more buoyant than him, be the source of his Joy and motivation and stop being selfish.

ONLY WOMEN, CHILDREN, AND DOGS ARE LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY. A MAN IS ONLY LOVED UNDER THE CONDITION THAT HE PROVIDE SOMETHING

SOCIAL ISSUES WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Burstscam: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2020
ecomalchemist:

ONLY WOMEN, CHILDREN, AND DOGS ARE LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY. A MAN IS ONLY LOVED UNDER THE CONDITION THAT HE PROVIDE SOMETHING

SOCIAL ISSUES WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT. You're very correct. Even when the man breaks down, he is not expected to express his emotions; he must always be Superman

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2020
Kendumazy:

The head is not meant to be a suffer head.

But the wife is meant to suffer working three jobs? Why do you people read selectively?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by ecomalchemist(m): 11:46am On Sep 20, 2020
Iamikeokwu:
Pls nothing is bad

Come to think of it wife can tell her husband to buy her new gift and husband will smile and buy the gift

Bt ur husband ask u to get him gift u dey ask us how can u react to his word

Women are the most irrational creatures on the face of planet Earth.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by sapporo: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2020
Gloriagee:
She sacrifices by working 3 jobs and the house chores. It cant be that difficult to understand. Assuming, he were supportive it won't be a big deal to her to buy him gifts like shoes and clothes for the children. Does he help with her online biz? Does he hold forte while she has to do her catering runs? The mere fact that she has to create a thread should give you an idea that she doesn't think he deserves a gift. Also, go through her thread history and show some empathy.

I 'm conversant with OP threads, and i know for sure she is very sensitive.
I swear the things she naggs about are things only people with peace of mind would notice, the husband has issues as well buh i can't blame or disuade a man from believing in his hustle, most of watched the movie "ACRIMONY" @some in that movie i got extremely mad @the man over his stupid batteries .. grin smh, from there i understand why law court must be void of emotion.
There are things i look out for before i can crucify a man, she as not accused d man of not paying the bills or not giving her money whenever she ask, the giving might not be automatic mayb because he is aware she earns tew.
On previous thread, what wrong with a man askin his wife to serve his friend meals, i think my friend enterin my wife's kitchen to serve himself is a direct disrespect to my wife sef.
On your last paragraph, since when did a man deserve a woman's money. what OP seek is not empathy she just want to be sure she is on the right track,to unleash some things
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by bong4(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2020
OP does your husband provide for you and the kids?
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by OgideAgu: 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
Give him quality senator material

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by pocohantas(f): 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hathor5:

This! cheesy

Is virtuous woman the female equivalent of simp now? grin

No, women can’t be simps. They can only be worthy of emulation and audio praises. May men like OP’s husband fall on their virtuous sisters.

Wicked people. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

No, women can’t be simps. They can only be worthy of emulation and audio praises. May men like OP’s husband fall on their virtuous sisters.

Wicked people. grin grin

To each their own. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by francaofzion: 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
There is nothing wrong in also buying for your husband also if you can afford it. He is your man and if you love him you will also get him some nice stuffs inspite of him not heeding to your advice......

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Kingininge(m): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
Michelle55:
Before the kids, he came first. He was your first baby and therefore needs a little pamper and then a nudge to set him in the right direction you want him to follow.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in buying him gifts from your profits, trust me, those little gestures from you might just be what he needs to take up the challenge of sourcing for another source of income, and everything for life no be gragra or fight. There are some things your wisdom and insight can solve.

Men are babies as well and deserve to be pampered, they ain't meant to suffer till they die while providing for the family, God gave you to him for this singular reason, help him harness his potentials, he is lazy and can't seem to think ahead and the reason you are there in his life is to help him see what he can't see, but you are expected to do it politely and lovingly.

So there's nothing to react here my sister, he's your first baby before the mini ones started popping out so treat him right.

Your sweet gestures and nudge will help reset his thinking faculty!!

God bless you for this advice...
Keep flourishing.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by cococandy(f): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
I thought I was in the twilight some reading the 1st and second pages.

The thread was overcome by people praising others for their comments rather than actually seeing the issue in OPs financial condition.

1) nothing wrong with her buying him gifts . I always encourage generosity. In fact I wonder why she bought for herself and the kids and excluded him in the first place . She could have either bought for everyone or no one at all. Or just buy for the kids alone.

2) I was thinking people would advice her to stick to her financial goals instead of using the third income as something to play with.

3) why does anyone thinks it’s okay for her to be managing 3 sources of income (I’m willing to bet she’s the primary home keeper as well) while he’s satisfied with his one source?

Hathor5:

You are missing the point. She is working three jobs because he has refused to up his hustle waiting for a miracle to happen. How can a man, in a society where you consider yourselves the providers and protectors, watch his wife work three jobs and instead of being worried about the impact the work load will have on her health, ask for gifts because she bought the kids snacks. undecided

Has anyone acknowledged this woman's vision and plan for a better future? You should all pray for a wife who thinks of building with you instead of asking you to spend on her wigs and nails. But no! Mr. wants gifts because she got the kids some snacks. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by cococandy(f): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2020
emmyN:

Don't be so fast cheesy. There is a bandwagon effect on nairaland; the first few comments determine where the tide faces, only until someone is bold enough to break it.
I agree with this part.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
cococandy:

The thread was overcome by people praising others for their comments rather than actually seeing the issue in OPs financial condition.

1) nothing wrong with her buying him gifts . I always encourage generosity. In fact I wonder why she bought for herself and the kids and excluded him in the first place . She could have either bought for everyone or no one at all. Or just buy for the kids alone.

She has probably built up feelings of resentment. On her other thread she was complaining that her husband does not even say a prayer for her on her birthday. Reading the other thread I am questioning the credibility of both threads but I am playing along because I find it interesting how people read the story selectively and blame her for not buying gifts while ignoring the other parts of the story.

2) I was thinking people would advice her to stick to her financial goals instead of using the third income as something to play with.[/q

3) why does anyone thinks it’s okay for her to be managing 3 sources of income (I’m willing to bet she’s the primary home keeper as well) while he’s satisfied with his one source?

I expected people to tell her that three jobs will burn her out soon enough.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by cococandy(f): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
Oh I think I remember this poster now.
I believe I advised her in one of her former threads to try and make herself happy on her birthday instead of waiting for him to remember to make her feel special.

She was wondering if she was being too sensitive by expecting something from him.

Well 3 jobs will burn anyone out unless they have employed help to manage the businesses.

There are men who’d be overjoyed to have a wife like her.
Hathor5:

She has probably built up feelings of resentment. On her other thread she was complaining that her husband does not even say a prayer for her on her birthday. Reading the other thread I am questioning the credibility of both threads but I am playing along because I find it interesting how people read the story selectively and blame her for not buying gifts while ignoring the other parts of the story.

I expected people to tell her that three jobs will burn her out soon enough.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
cococandy:
Oh I think I remember this poster now.
I believe I advised her in one of her former threads to try and make herself happy on her birthday instead of waiting for him to remember to make her feel special.

She was wondering if she was being too sensitive by expecting something from him.

Well 3 jobs will burn anyone out unless they have employed help to manage the businesses.

There are men who’d be overjoyed to have a wife like her.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by sapporo: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
j
nahzyla:

You see am? grin

Unenterprising wife should be punished but unenterprising husband deserve gifts

I no fit laugh abeg grin

Make use of your very own eye, you can read for yourself don't let any mischievous evenin newspaper mislead you..
Op said she works 3shift, buh never @ any point did she insinuate she is the one giving her husband money, if she was, a gift won't have been a national topic. there are placez she point out her husband only gave her money when she ask, it might not sound excellent but its good enough he can provide.
There is a difference between been unenterprising and not making enough money.
if i make 400k a month a woman with toke makinwa taste would still categorise me as unenterprising & a lazy man. contentment & taste decides wat we consider ok.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by pocohantas(f): 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
cococandy:

2) I was thinking people would advice her to stick to her financial goals instead of using the third income as something to play with.

1: She didn’t buy for HERSELF, she bought for the kids. Obviously she doesn’t want them to feel the impact of their wonderful dad. Maybe she even tells them to go thank him for those gifts- this happens a lot.

2: People would not advise her that, till she drops dead.

3: Because she is a woman and most men do not tell women the truth. Except when they want to call them fishbrain or desperate evening newspapers. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by cococandy(f): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

1: She didn’t buy for HERSELF, she bought for the kids. Obviously she doesn’t want them to feel the impact of their wonderful dad. Maybe she even tells them to go thank him for those gifts- this happens a lot.

2: People would not advise her that, till she drops dead.

3: Because she is a woman and most men do not tell women the truth. Except when they want to call them fishbrain or desperate evening newspapers. grin grin

Oh I must have read that wrong. I thought she got for herself too. So the kids’ gifts are the reason why this man is being weird . Instead of thanking her for taking care of the children? I don’t know but that’s kinda weird.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by pocohantas(f): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2020
cococandy:

Oh I must have read that wrong. I thought she got for herself too. So the kids’ gifts are the reason why this man is being weird . Instead of thanking her for taking care of the children? I don’t know but that’s kinda weird.

It is not weird, it was done by a man- the head of the home. It can’t be weird. wink cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? / After 14 Years In Europe, Lady Returns Home And Surprises Her Mother (video) / Okada Man's Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta After Welcoming Twins. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.