Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? - Technology Market (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? (37949 Views)

We Buy For You From Aliexpress,1688 &taobao And Ship To Nigeria / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by delawal: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
acorntree:

Not only phone. Anything useful will get lost. I'm even tired of opening dispute on aliexpress again. Even small packages are no longer safe in the hand of NIPOST official. Once they sort and check, discover its valuable. Its gone!!

why do u use nipost for package of valuable goods from china to nigeria. why not use d conventional cargo,companies. is it dt its cheaper or what.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by lainwords098(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
And their leader is out there fighting for one stamp instead of fixing this issue

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by safarifarms(m): 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
Can you tag the minister of communication and point him to this thread. I think he is a bit proactive.
Workingmama:

Thanks for opening this thread.
Mine is a headphone (Anker)
Ordered 20th of May, shipped the following day.
I have been to the Post office several times ..... nothing
I asked seller to extend purchase protection, still it didn't come.
Eventually purchase protection ended and I opened dispute, guess maybe because I didn't provide enough evidence , I wasn't refunded.
I went to the post office last Monday, made a lot of noise i was connected to the regional head, who tracked the package and said it was not found that I should be patient.
This is 2nd item this covid period that I was refunded for. The first was hair.
Something really needs to be done.
I have been on twitter, nipost handle, but nobody responds to the numerous complaints I see there.
This has to stop.
I am going to send a link of this page to the regional head l spoke with last Monday.
Let's keep complaining , hopefully this would stop and Nigeria won't be blacklisted on Aliexpress.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by banio: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
WHATSOEVER A MAN SOWETH, THAT HE WILL REAP.

NO WONDER, NIPOST IS FIGHTING WITH FIRS OVER COLLECTION OF STAMP DUTY.
SO THAT THEY CAN STEAL MORE

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Solababa91(m): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
I bought a wrist watch since March and some ties, the ties were delivered around early June, but the wrist watch has not. Even though the tracking showed it had been delivered successfully.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by almarthins(m): 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

Any wise man should avoid nipost, dont let any one send anytin to you thru nipost. Na thieves full the place, very hungry one for that matter. From my xperience
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Bobxin: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
sugah:

You need to have NSA clearance to import
/use a drone else it'll be seized by customs.

Was waiting for this response, before dropping this.
Bro. I bought same drone (DJI Mavic 2 zoom) from Jumia (shipped from abroad) it was delivered to warri Delta state, where I received it with my valid I.D end of story. If I'm buying again, I'm buying it through Jumia.
Simple consumer drones video producers use all over the country.
This lawless country is bleeped from all sides.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by saint2ace(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
I believe we should also use this opportunity to address the ills at our post offices too. A lot of people receive packages, pay for them and are never issued receipt of payments.

Please and please, if you go to the post office and you are billed, pls ask about how they arrived at the figure and ask for a receipt of payment.

Stop paying without collecting a receipt..

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by richeeyo(m): 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

Bro please what of if I use DHL, other services
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by sugah: 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
Bobxin:

Was waiting for this response, before dropping this.
Bro. I bought same drone (DJI Mavic 2 zoom) from Jumia (shipped from abroad) it was delivered to warri Delta state, where I received it with my valid I.D end of story. If I'm buying again, I'm buying it through Jumia.
Simple consumer drones video producers use all over the country.
This lawless country is bleeped from all sides.
Can you share the link from jumia? I can only see accessories marked as shipped from abroad
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Elxandre(m): 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
BoboNogoDie:

This is pure wickedness and greed.
Why won't you confirm the order?
So that you get refunded later abi?
People like you will make them blacklist us soon.
SMH
Calm down, it'll get automatically confirmed
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by AutoshalomUSA: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
In as much as we love our country Nigeria . We don’t Trust the country . Anything can and has happened .
Nipost have done their best to serve us during her prime . But as everything else is decayed one the country , so is Nipost , they are not left out of the rot.

Last year August I sent 2 New iPhone XS Max plus to my small Nephew to sell in Owerri , the phones got stuck at Lagos customs , they never made it outside Lagos. I couldn’t understand what they were asking me to do when I tried to call the Nipost/Customs Tag team at the airport . I got frustrated and let the phones go .My bro thought I was lying to him , until I showed him pictures of the phones packaged and the receipt I got for mailing it .

February this year I sent 2 Samsung Galaxy Notes , this time to PH for my sister and Nephew. For where , After the package left the U.S that was the last I saw it ( track) online.

Nothing was delivered , my Nephew has been to all the Nipost office in PH - no phones .

I’ve since decided NEVER again will I ship something to Nigeria using regular mail service . It’s either I ship it in , Or I spend the extra money to use UPS, FEDEX, DHL, and their likes ......

WHich WAy NIgeria ...... 60 Years of What ??

SMH

Valentinooo:

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by sweetilicious(f): 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
semid4lyfe:
I picked up an order from the post office in the 2nd week of August.

I deliberately did not confirm receiving the order to see if the tracking status will be updated.

I checked today and the tracking status is still "dispatched to destination country".

I believe the covid-19 lockdown and the lack of tracking update from NIPOST presented a window of theft (of valuable items) for unscrupulous NIPOST staff.

At this point, it's best to order only inexpensive items until everything normalizes.

This is just my opinion.
Exactly! I haven't received my order since too
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by tonididdy(m): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
Very lazy staffs in that organization NIPOST

Goods worth15, 000 have all completed delivery but till date I am yet to be contacted by NIPOST EDO.

Very very bad image
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Elxandre(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kei144:
COVID-19 seriously affected both Singapore Post and NIPOST. That is the reason for all the delays. You know that for some time only GL 14 and above were going to work because of COVID-19; it affected NIPOST Operations.
What's gl14?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by barristerbiodun(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
Well, for some reason I think there's been several reports about orders coming especially from Naija, using stolen credit cards and fraudulently used credit cards to unlawfully make orders online. I also believe the NIPOST officials and other state/federal agencies e g NAHCO involved in courier logistics are aware of this and are exploiting the situation. What they usually do is to hold on to these items with the belief that those who unlawfully ordered will not be too confident to come physically claim the orders they made. I do not know what they do with unclaimed items though.

If you have made a lawful order and you have not gotten your item(s) and you're sure it's in Nigeria, I suggest you make a formal complaint by way of letter to the concerned agency, indicating details like evidence of payment, order number etc.

But your best bet will be to get the services of a lawyer. They're taken more serious. But be sure it's legit.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Destinylink(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
This is serious! I've been buying things from Aliexpress but I've not experienced anything of this nature!

I'm even planning to order my phone screen replacement this week!

Abeg no more buying from Aliexpress for now!.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by amaifehenry(m): 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
Lemonz:

my package is registered. I ordered since June 23rd.
The packages of about 15 other people I've seen complain on AliExpress thread on nairaland are all registered. All almost three months old order.
Don't say "stop giving us bad name"
The people that defend Nigerian organizations all in name of "stop giving us bad name", none of you have hit problem directly that's why.
DON'T BLINDLY DEFEND A BROKEN SYSTEM because of patriotism

Please add your voice on Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ade_FOA/status/1307962389883760640
Move the hashtag #nipostreleaseourphones
And tag these people
@MBuhari
@ProfOsinbajo
@DrIsaPantami
@officialEFCC
@ICPC_PE
@CustomsNG
@nigerianports
@PoliceNG
@Naija_PR
@NGRPresident
@NipostNgn
@YeleSowore

I’m sorry about the unfortunate incidents. When you order a package. A shipping fee is attached. Then it gets to the destinated country Which in this case is Nigeria. The period which you made the order was during the global lockdown era due to covid. So mails weren’t coming in. Not until the border was opened anyways. But I’m sure with the date your package must have arrived. Normally the packages arrive Lagos Office and are then sorted by dedicated staff to the various state where It is then resorted at state level to get down to the addressed city for pick up. Please what’s your state/address. I strongly advice you to locate the State headquarters immediately to file for a missing item. Make sure you have details of shipment (Tracking no, Name of sender, Your name/username, a valid ID. We will surely investigate it ASAP. Deeply sorry for the inconvenience it might have caused you. N.B I’m limited to what I can say here. But I do hope you get the help you deserve. edwardwilliam431@gmail.com. Cheers!

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by piagetskinner(m): 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
NIPOST oleee
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Uchepele(m): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
someone here was called upon to pick up his phone todayl
lemons where are u
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2020
jj
Valentinooo:

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

The rot is in the whole system
an average NIPOST staff has little or no power to siphone such items all by his self
the agency, customs, NDLEA etc must be involved
TIPS FOR SWIFT DELIVERY for lagos resident
send through ems/NAHCO headquaters NAHCO Ikeja using IMPC building as your address, since that is where items are being dispatched to various branches. This way your percel waits for you to be cleared by you not some anonymous agency that will cart away with your item by bribing the customs. for more help check my status i work at NAHCO nipost headquaters

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by CyberHustle: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2020
Items I am expecting isn't phone related but it hasn't arrived. The ones I ordered after it have all arrived. From what I can deduce here, items with small physical size but values above 10 US Dollars are mostly the ones that weren't delivered.

Mine is saying about last mile dispatch having it for over 2 months. Ordered it on 14th of May. This is unacceptable.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Dellaxlogistic: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hi guys please I was at NIPOST NACHO....no network

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by uchaymart(m): 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
BoltSwith:
You can add my monika to that list.
I orderred for a phone on 3rd June, Shipped 4th June, Despatched to Nigeria 8 July, but till date, I haven't seen the phone. It's quite painful.

I've been to the post office thrice to check for it.
1st time it was tracked, I was told it's not in their database yet. 2nd and 3rd time, I was told that their server is down. Other items ordered after the phone have arrived. This shit has to stop.

Bro just forget about the order because it seems like the management in NIPOST get their own shares directly or indirectly.

I bought a wrist watch, 2 jean trousers, a nice wallet from aliexpress in the month of January but I speak to you, I have not received any thing from Ibadan NIPOST.

I have moved on since and never to use Ibadan NIPOST again when ordering anything online.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
11Anonymous:
I ordered a small phone on July 23rd, it was was shipped on Aug 1st. I no see phone for past 1month, I went to the Post office to track it for me, they decided to help me track it after waiting for an hour, they said it has been in Naija since Aug 21st.

I neva see phone till now. Today na Sept 19.
I won't be surprised if AliExpress stops shipping to Naija. They have really lost a lot from shipping to Nigeria.
order ur items through NIPOST/EMS head quaters NAHCO Ikeja lagos . Thats where most of the items are being dispatch to other branches. items mostly got tampered during dispatch .once its thr i can guatantee u safe delivery
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by CyberHustle: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
saint2ace:

Another unbecoming habit, our packages travel all over the world and are tracked appropriately, from point of reception to weighing and finally dispatch, you can see how Ur package is received and discharged from country to country; but once Ur package gets to Nigeria it all ends, you can't track it anymore. Your package is left in the hands of God.

But the hard truth is that non tracking is deliberate cos of their fraudulent activities, cos if they update tracking, you can always find out who the culprits are responsible for every action, so in order to leave no trace they simply skip the track phase....

Chai baba God we dey Ur hand grin grin

I tracked mine and it says something like. "last mile delivery". At a point I started rationalizing it a case of package details peeling off due to much handling.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
BoltSwith:
You can add my monika to that list.
I orderred for a phone on 3rd June, Shipped 4th June, Despatched to Nigeria 8 July, but till date, I haven't seen the phone. It's quite painful.

I've been to the post office thrice to check for it.
1st time it was tracked, I was told it's not in their database yet. 2nd and 3rd time, I was told that their server is down. Other items ordered after the phone have arrived. This shit has to stop.
an average NIPOST staff has little or no power to siphone such items all by his self
send through ems/NAHCO headquaters NAHCO Ikeja using IMPC building as your address, since that is where items are being dispatched to various branches. This way your percel waits for you to be cleared by you not some anonymous agency that will cart away with your item by bribing the customs. for more help check my status i work at NAHCO nipost headquaters
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2020
xristos:
Xristos

Am also a victim now...order a drone in early March....this is d first time it's happening to me...sti shows dispatched to destination till now...if it were before i would have received in 30days...and I've declared completed online.
Called nipost everywhere with tracking...says nothing in my name.
It's becoming worry some..
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
acorntree:

Not only phone. Anything useful will get lost. I'm even tired of opening dispute on aliexpress again. Even small packages are no longer safe in the hand of NIPOST official. Once they sort and check, discover its valuable. Its gone!!
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
HarrierJumpJet:

I don't what's wrong with Nipost ooo, I ordered for a phone on June 4th, till now it is still showing despatched to overseas, I don't know if it's Nipost that stole it or they refused to sort it, all I know is they are just too incompetent and I even called their customer care to track it for me and they told me that it's on its way to Benin, till today I've not seen the phone. thank God I've collected my money but it's painful that the seller just lost his money like that but ive decided to source for it here, if it comes I will sell it and refund the money.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bashsani(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Workingmama:

Thanks for opening this thread.
Mine is a headphone (Anker)
Ordered 20th of May, shipped the following day.
I have been to the Post office several times ..... nothing
I asked seller to extend purchase protection, still it didn't come.
Eventually purchase protection ended and I opened dispute, guess maybe because I didn't provide enough evidence , I wasn't refunded.
I went to the post office last Monday, made a lot of noise i was connected to the regional head, who tracked the package and said it was not found that I should be patient.
This is 2nd item this covid period that I was refunded for. The first was hair.
Something really needs to be done.
I have been on twitter, nipost handle, but nobody responds to the numerous complaints I see there.
This has to stop.
I am going to send a link of this page to the regional head l spoke with last Monday.
Let's keep complaining , hopefully this would stop and Nigeria won't be blacklisted on Aliexpress.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by centuryman(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Oga abeeeeg STOP spaming the thread.
bashsani:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Gadgets from Anker, Amazon, JLab, Xiaomi, Haylou, Soundpeats etc. / How To Download Whatsapp For Blackberry Paid Version For Free (pictorial Guide) / Automatic Car Jack , Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump - Just Push A Button

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92