Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? - Technology Market (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? (37938 Views)

We Buy For You From Aliexpress,1688 &taobao And Ship To Nigeria / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by hisgrace090: 8:32am On Sep 21, 2020
BoboNogoDie:

I'm sure that you've been refunded.
What do you still want?
We know everyone is capitalising on covid19...

The truth is, Nigeria will definitely soon be blacklisted.
Because of lack of prompt updates on delivery, many people will receive their items and still refuse to confirm their orders in order to still get refunded. THIS IS NOT FAIR!

Nigeria is battling too many criminals this days.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Coldie(m): 8:34am On Sep 21, 2020
This country and wickedness.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 21, 2020
I bought from Aliexpress and received all via NIPOST, but alot of times Nipost was the main cause, took several months to get my goods.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by kponkedenge(m): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2020
iKingsley:
NIPOST is wacky. Imagine, post-COVID-19 and their workers are still reluctant to start work fully. I could remember during the early days of Coronavirus when the States and the rest of the world were in lockdown, their post office was still working.

Till now, NIPOST has vowed not to put themselves into good use. I wonder what they do with our parcels gathering dust at their offices.

WE NEED OUR MAILS, NIPOST!!

I'm disappointed with the Nigerian Postal Service, honestly. undecided

Sorry about your predicament... Never used them before, but I wanted to ask.... Can't UPS or DHL be used for your shipping....instead of NIPOST?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by riches4me(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2020
Elder0001:
Why order phone from aliexpress when you go buy within your vicinity?
Don't blame the thief, blame the owner undecided embarassed
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2020
amaifehenry:
What is your tracking number? Was it shipped as ordinary mail or Registered Mail? Let me know. People should stop giving us bad names here

my package is registered. I ordered since June 23rd.
The packages of about 15 other people I've seen complain on AliExpress thread on nairaland are all registered. All almost three months old order.
Don't say "stop giving us bad name"
The people that defend Nigerian organizations all in name of "stop giving us bad name", none of you have hit problem directly that's why.
DON'T BLINDLY DEFEND A BROKEN SYSTEM because of patriotism

Please add your voice on Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ade_FOA/status/1307962389883760640
Move the hashtag #nipostreleaseourphones
And tag these people
@MBuhari
@ProfOsinbajo
@DrIsaPantami
@officialEFCC
@ICPC_PE
@CustomsNG
@nigerianports
@PoliceNG
@Naija_PR
@NGRPresident
@NipostNgn
@YeleSowore

7 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Princeboca12(m): 8:42am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:

iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

Good morning brother, it's good you posted this. A friend purchased a Redmi 9 about a month ago, he received a mail from AliExpress that his phone had arrived Uyo. On getting to Nipost, he was informed that the phone had not arrived. Man had to be his way just to get his property. Which way naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by rhames(m): 8:43am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

Why do you people keep falling into the same trap all the time? If I ordered from AliExpress, I use other courier services listed therein as I don't trust any business that has to do with Nigerian government , even though they are expensive.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 21, 2020
In cases like these extend your buyers protection at AliExpress, let's say 20 days before the item arrival.
If you item arrive you will receive an alert of its arrival, DON'T DELETE IT
Visit nipost.gov.ng and track your package. It will precisely indicate the post office where the item is.
Retrieving your item becomes difficult, if you have incorrect post code number.
Every post office in the world has a post code number, assuming you are living in an area for example Ikeja and it's postcode is 120000 and another post office at Ajah is 120003. And you are living in Ikeja and you mistakenly input 120003. Please your parcel is at Ajah. Check your post code.
I have had this issue before.

4 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by AMvanquish: 8:43am On Sep 21, 2020
Seeing all the complaints, it's obvious a criminal syndicate has taken advantage of the Lapses in the system. My wife has also experienced this issue, Items showing delivered on AE to Post Office but Post office would tell you they have not received the item. That's how she lost 22k worth of items, i did not have time to go and complain because of work then. This happened close to two years ago.
Whether delivered goods are with NDLEA, Customs or whoever, the clear lack of transparency and accountability in the system is rubbing off badly on the whole process.
I'm sure the top Bosses in Nipost don't know this or the supervising minister is not aware. This is pure Daylight robbery without gun and these criminals are cleaning out. Just imagine the volume of lost items. Avoid Nipost delivery till they get their house in order.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Allwell96: 8:44am On Sep 21, 2020
I buy my phones from Nigeria �� only. Our business men and women have to eat na.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Emily22(m): 8:44am On Sep 21, 2020
Bobxin:
I have not had this experience with phone I ordered from AliExpress in Delta. I ordered last year, and it was delivered around January, not sure of the month, but it was delivered this year.
The only item of concern is the DJI drone I ordered which was seizes by custom, I only got the EMS bill where it was written "seizure". I immediately travelled to Lagos met the same officer who accessed the parcel, after so much pleading he refused to release it, even when I promised to give him money, he said the drone is contraband and it's already a government property and that his job is on the line if he releases it to me.
I don't think NIPOST officials steal these items, I've been ordering to Delta from AliExpress since 2014 not had this experience.

thank God, i no order for drone again o....ope oooo
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by solss24: 8:44am On Sep 21, 2020
Go to Twitter and tag the Minister Of Information
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Emily22(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2020
Lemonz:

This one is just promotion. Do you know how much AliExpress is helping small businesses and individuals? Chrisvicmall had prices that would cripple some people. I don't want to go too in depth in that cos it's not like his own is much higher than the competition. But my point is that people go to AliExpress because it's cheap.

not only cripple but extract the gain if you are into buying and selling

do you have any other cheap shipper
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ihustlehard: 8:46am On Sep 21, 2020
Same thing is applicably to my condition right now,
But patiently waiting for changes
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2020
indigene:
In cases like these extend your buyers protection at AliExpress, let's say 20 days before the item arrival.
Visit nipost.gov.ng and track your package. It will precisely indicate the post office where the item is.
Every post office in the world has a post code number, assuming you are living in an area for example Ikeja and it's postcode is 120000 and another post office at Ajah is 120003. And you are living in Ikeja and you mistakenly input 120003. Please your parcel is at Ajah. Check your post code.
Nipost track and trace has stopped working a long time ago. They even told me at Marina GPO to stop using it
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by edoairways: 8:47am On Sep 21, 2020
mamaafrik:
Na our people they do themselves,see ineptitudes everywhere,if the company is being Privatized now,they will now start nonsense protest,
NIPOST,NNPC,NTA,should be privatized witg F.g owning nothing more than 25% stake.
You people should tagged OFFICIAL NIPOST PAGE and minister in charge,send email copying their regulator,that should be pantami or Lai Mohammed
Exactly
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ihustlehard: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2020
Lemonz:

my package is registered. I ordered since June 23rd.
The packages of about 15 other people I've seen complain on AliExpress thread on nairaland are all registered. All almost three months old order.
Don't say "stop giving us bad name"
The people that defend Nigerian organizations all in name of "stop giving us bad name", none of you have hit problem directly that's why.
DON'T BLINDLY DEFEND A BROKEN SYSTEM because of patriotism
I bought a phone from aliexpress, and other thing's, orhet items came but the phone didn't come despite being shipped out of china,,
Aftet 4 month's aliexpress refunded me, since then I've stop buying phone there,, i only buy small gadgets
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Funkybabee(f): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2020
mctfopt:
I can't really fault NIPOST as my experiences with em has been generally ok. Never lost a single package, all my package that never arrived I got refunded. I've even received package 6 months after I have been refunded. Unfortunately, in most of these instances I can't reach seller as some have either closed or gone out of business. I never really understand why most AE sellers keep closing stores and I guess opening under a new name. AE must've made it very easy for this to happen.

It's been long I ordered phone off AE. But all my goods that I never received is either lost in transit or still in China. Never had issues where my items are in Nigeria (from tracking info) and didn't get to me.

ensure you find that seller to refund her sweat
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Emily22(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2020
indigene:

Tracking on nipost site....are you kidding me.....that website is as useless as npower website

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2020
Emily22:

not only cripple but extract the gain if you are into buying and selling

do you have any other cheap shipper
I don't o. Most the ones I saw have very similar prices. I don't even remember the names again because I gave up.
I was searching not for business but for personal use.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Emily22(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2020
Lemonz:

I don't o. Most the ones I saw have very similar prices. I don't even remember the names again because I gave up.
I was searching not for business but for personal use.

Alright bro...Gracias
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2020
ihustlehard:

I bought a phone from aliexpress, and other thing's, orhet items came but the phone didn't come despite being shipped out of china,,
Aftet 4 month's aliexpress refunded me, since then I've stop buying phone there,, i only buy small gadgets
This would be my last phone purchase till I see major improvements. If not I'll dey my dey
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Yourbest(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Same thing happened to me oh. Ordered smart watches, phone pouch and screen protectors and didn't get any. AliExpress refused to refund claiming their tracking shows its in my local post office and yet I didn't get any item. Called nipost up till date they claim no item liked that arrived Nigeria
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Gabbriell: 8:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Our leaders are the least of our problems. Nigerians are problem to themselves, we just feel comfortable blaming the leaders. We should blame ourselves first.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by nams77: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2020
semid4lyfe:
I picked up an order from the post office in the 2nd week of August.

I deliberately did not confirm receiving the order to see if the tracking status will be updated.

I checked today and the tracking status is still "dispatched to destination country".

I believe the covid-19 lockdown and the lack of tracking update from NIPOST presented a window of theft (of valuable items) for unscrupulous NIPOST staff.

At this point, it's best to order only inexpensive items until everything normalizes.

This is just my opinion.
Even the inexpensive items are not safe. I ordered two mermory cards, one hdmi cable and a sport wrist watch for a Friend's son( birthday gift for the child). Its been months now, no sign of my items.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ihustlehard: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2020
indigene:
Oga ,nipost tracking system has been non functional for ages, even last three years when it managed to work. It was epileptic,,
Things are done from hand to hand now
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by nams77: 9:05am On Sep 21, 2020
saint2ace:

I can categorically tell u that umidigi and Xiaomi official stores no longer ships to Nigeria, it's just a matter of time before retailers start following this trend too.

Only God can save us....
We need to loud this o. Go on twitter and make hell of a noise about this.
Copy the relevant folks
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by vintino(m): 9:05am On Sep 21, 2020
HowGlorious:
Vintino

How u dey? Another 'stolen phones' tori
It's quiet sad... The guy should give us the name of the post office.. we will take it from there... Those people get coconut head ..Dem no dey hear word!

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by obstead200(m): 9:09am On Sep 21, 2020
HarrierJumpJet:

I don't what's wrong with Nipost ooo, I ordered for a phone on June 4th, till now it is still showing despatched to overseas, I don't know if it's Nipost that stole it or they refused to sort it, all I know is they are just too incompetent and I even called their customer care to track it for me and they told me that it's on its way to Benin, till today I've not seen the phone. thank God I've collected my money but it's painful that the seller just lost his money like that but ive decided to source for it here, if it comes I will sell it and refund the money.
this is getting worrisome. I recommend we use the same vigour used by social media in pursuing wrongful arrests and police brutality to follow this case. Tag Nipost, tag EFCC, ICPC, police force......infact any official government social media handle should be tagged. Press release, petition national assembly etc. Nipost need to look into this ugly trend fast, before we are black listed. Everyone affected should go to Facebook and Twitter and start dragging Nipost. This things must stop.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ademijuwonlo(f): 9:13am On Sep 21, 2020
GreatSage:
Get on twitter narrate your ordeal, tag nipost, efcc, and other agencies. we need to put a stop to all this.

It is better to ship using DHL and other reputable delivery service providers though they are expensive, you are guaranteed of getting your packages without headache.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ademijuwonlo(f): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2020
Gabbriell:
Our leaders are the least of our problems. Nigerians are problem to themselves, we just feel comfortable blaming the leaders. We should blame ourselves first.

I concur 100%

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Gadgets from Anker, Amazon, JLab, Xiaomi, Haylou, Soundpeats etc. / How To Download Whatsapp For Blackberry Paid Version For Free (pictorial Guide) / Automatic Car Jack , Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump - Just Push A Button

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.