Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,154 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? (1295 Views)

Nigerian Abroad Sees A Black Cat, Prays: 'Aunty Nkechi I Rebuke You' / The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? / "Pastor Is My Baby Daddy" - Mentally Deranged Woman Provides Photos As Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 11:36am On Sep 21, 2020
There have been a little controversy over accountability of Pastors in conduct and Doctrine and what steps to take by members .

It is Possible for a pastor to err in Conduct or Doctrine . But our responses must be in line with scriptures .

So firstly It is not given by God for members to insult or rebuke their Pastor . Sometimes what you perceive as wrong may not be wrong so you need to be humble in your approach .

1 Timothy 5:1 (KJV)
. . Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

PERSONAL ERROR
IF there is perception of wrong in the conduct of a Pastor . For example a Pastor May call for fast and was found eating food or he has a weekness in his life . It could be anger , wrong attitude or character issue . This does not bring about insult and abuses . Whoever feel concerned should Pray about it . That should not affect your response to him receiving from him. Jesus spoke to the Jews about the error of he pharisees . He didn’t say people should insult them. rather he said to respect them still but not to copy them

Matthew 23:2-3 (KJV)
. . The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not

DOCTRINAL ERROR
Always Remember you may be right and you may also be wrong . Hence first Approach should be questions and seeking clarification . You have every right to ask your Pastor clarification based on scriptures

WHAT IF HIS ANSWER IS NOT SATIFACTORY
If you confront your Pastor over what you perceive as unclear or even wrong . You may be surprised in most cases that the pastor or clarifies you with scriptures . But if his response is not satifactory . Especially if he has a strong conviction on his stand either based on his understanding and interpretation of scriptures . The option you have left if you believe he is wrong is to pray for him or you leave the church . Always remember you may be the one not seeing from his perspective . Jesus taught Some things that were too hard for some of his followers . They didn’t need to curse or insult Jesus . They just stop following him .

John 6:65-66 (KJV)
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

So you have every right to Leave. a church if for any reason your spirit doesn’t agree with their teaching . That doesn’t mean they are wrong . There are different churches for different people .
Don’t make your self a judge over the belief or doctrine of a church . It’s God that opens a mans understanding to truth and everyone should walk faithfully in the light of truth they have .

Romans 14:2-6 KJV
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

IF JESUS REBUKE LEADERS WHY CANT I

Jesus functioned in the office of a Prophet . A prophet has a mandate to judge , rebuke kings , leaders or even judge a whole nation . Not only Jesus rebuke leaders , Nathan , Samuel, Daniel, Jeremiah judged and rebuked Kings , priests and leaders . Because they functioned in the office and under the anointing of a prophet .

Jeremiah 1:10
See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant

Jeremiah 1:8-10 (KJV Strong's)
8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. 9 Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth

CAN A MAN OF GOD BE REBUKED
Yes a man of God can be rebuked by another man of God . A superior to him or a colleague .But not By congregation .

QUESTION. CAN YOU REPORT A PASTOR ?

ANSWER : Yes

[
WHAT ABOUT A FALSE MINISTER
WHAT MAKE A FASLE MINISTER
DOES A PERSONAL MISTAKE MAKE A MAN FASLE
DOES DOCTRINAL DIFFERENCE MAKE A MINISTER FALSE [/b]

. . . To be continued
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2020
To be
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2020
PRIVATE REBUKE VS PUBLIC REBUKE
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
No oh! Don't rebuke him oh... just tell him "preach on preacher!", "word!", even if he's speaking what is not right, so that he'd be deceived to think that he was preaching the right thing.

And don't stop there, carry the wrong thing he says and be spreading online and everywhere possible, because it comes from your pastor's mouth na, so it must surely be the "word of God" even though it's clearly wrong.

I'm sure at the end, your pastor would reward you for being faithful to him and his wrong teachings.
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
WHO DO YOU REPORT A PASTOR TO?

If he is in under a denomination and he will not give you a hearing you can report him to his superiors. Some ministers have been suspended for wrong. If he is the president of his own ministry he has spiritual fathers to whom he pays his tithe .
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by desiredhome: 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
petra1:
WHO DO YOU REPORT A PASTOR TO?

If he is in under a denomination and he will not give you a hearing you can report him to his superiors. Some ministers have been suspended for wrong. If he is the president of his own ministry he has spiritual fathers to whom he pays his tithe .
This is not so...

If you report your pastor to the higher authority, they will not believe you, they will rather blame you for reporting or disrespecting the pastor in charge, especially if the pastor is a big man(has money)......this is very common in RCCG.........

Also most of the decisions/errors are from the headquarter and the parish pastors are only to obey instructions from the headquater without asking questions, even when they are not comfortable with the decisions........
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
desiredhome:

Also most of the decisions/errors are from the headquarter and most of the pastors only obey instructions without asking questions, even when they are not comfortable with the decisions........

In that case its not an error. Its the structure . Maybe its the individual that need to change his perception
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by desiredhome: 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
petra1:

In that case its not an error. Its the structure . Maybe its the individual that need to change his perception
Are you saying that those structure can not be faulted?......
If today, pastor kumuye is talking of adjusting some of the rules of DL church of which many people were complaining? including some of the church members?
Meaning it was his own doctrines? for him to say he want to review the rules?

Are these structures God's structure or GO's structures?

1 Like

Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by tobechi74: 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
Pastors abelieve they are God sent and God cannot make mistake

Power: Some pastors leave their previous church over disagreement on certain issues. They wanted things to go a certain way. The senior pastor rejected and they angrily left to form their own church where they would be the one taking decision. These want to be in charge of every decision making process. They appoint the choir leader, welfare head,drama coordinator etc. They will tell the leader the song to sing . Whoever disagrees with him is removed and replaced with a O-Yes members who agrees to all he says .. Questioning them is the same as challenging their a ithority .

They hardly take correction.Criticise their action and they curse you and your generation. Insult them and get beaten .They are easily identified by their tendency to shout while preaching despite the numerous microphone and loudspeaker. They love to issue command..They are annoited and you are not and that makes them superior to you.They can be proud ,pumpous and boastful.. Their favorite Bible verses are Touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm and The kingdom of God suffereth violence…….taketh it by force. The first verse prevents you from criticizing him while the later gives him licence to be violent.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/26/what-makes-pastors-to-abandon-former-church-and-form-a-new-church/

1 Like

Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
desiredhome:

Are you saying that those structure can not be faulted?......
If today, pastor kumuye is talking of adjusting some of the rules of DL church of which many people were complaining? including some of the church members?
Meaning it was his own doctrines? for him to say he want to review the rules?

Certain measure could be put in place by the understanding of a man of God. When Kumuyi said NO TV. He meant well. The principle was correct. To take distraction from Gods people. Its just that other people consider using the TV for God purpose . But the TV has really devastating effects on the faith of many .

Are these structures God's structure or GO's structures?

It could be either. If you dont like the structure of your church pray for change or leave the church.

When you pray Change will happen. Either God change the system or change you . I mean the man
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by smile11s(m): 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2020
Try consult with a good dibia or an African traditional priest
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by jmoore(m): 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2020
Man of God, Man of God, Man of God!!!
Are the other members, men of Satan?

Thank God, I worship no pastor.
Once I start my own family, I will have a private chapel.
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 6:58am On Sep 29, 2020
tobechi74:

Power: Some pastors leave their previous church over disagreement on certain issues. They wanted things to go a certain way. The senior pastor rejected and they angrily left to form their own church where they would be the one taking decision

Church started based on rebbellion cannot last except the individual amend his way.

These want to be in charge of every decision making process. They appoint the choir leader, welfare head,drama coordinator etc. They will tell the leader the song to sing . Whoever disagrees with him is removed and replaced with a O-Yes members who agrees to all he says .. Questioning them is the same as challenging their a ithority .

Nothing is wrong with that. It's wisdom. You don't empower strangers but loyalty

They hardly take correction

It's not your place to correct the Pastor. That attitude alone is sihn of pride and rebbellion. How are you sure he is the one whonis wrong . If there are things you don't agree with. Ask questions why it is so . Get clarification or pray for change or leave !

Criticise their action and they curse you and your generation.

Criticism is rebellion . God himself is against rebeles .

1 Corinthians 10:10
Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

Insult them and get beaten

Proverbs 19:29
Judgments are prepared for scorners,
and stripes for the back of fools.

Exodus 22:28
"Don't curse God; and don't damn your leaders.

They are easily identified by their tendency to shout while preaching despite the numerous microphone and loudspeaker

Thats fervor! Desire it.

They love to issue command..

Its his place to co.mand . Its your place to obey

2 Thessalonians 3:6
Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

They are annoited and you are not and that makes them superior to you

Yes God makes men leaders and calls them into office .

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

They can be proud ,pumpous and boastful.

Dont copy his wrong .Pray for him . And leave him to God.

Mat 23:2 — Mat 23:3
. . .The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not

Their favorite Bible verses are Touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm

Oh its no longer Malachi?

and The kingdom of God suffereth violence…….taketh it by force. The first verse prevents you from criticizing him while the later gives him licence to be violent.

As long as the verse is from scripture. Do what they teach

1 Like

Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
jmoore:
Man of God, Man of God, Man of God!!!

Are the other members, men of Satan?

Thank God, I worship no pastor.

Once I start my own family, I will have a private chapel.

Man of God refer to an office
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 4:17am On Sep 30, 2020
WHAT ABOUT A FALSE MINISTER

The bible still didnt say to insult him .
What the Bible say is to reject him .Don't associate with him .

WITHDRAW FROM HIM
1Ti 6:3 — 1Ti 6:5
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words . . .from such withdraw thyself

DON'T SUPORT HIM
2Jo 1:10 — 2Jo 1:11
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine [is disloyal to what Jesus Christ taught], do not receive him [do not accept him, do not welcome or admit him] into [your] house or bid him Godspeed or give him any encouragement.
For he who wishes him success [who encourages him, wishing him Godspeed] is a partaker in his evil doings

There is jo place where the bible command us to insult ministers if you perceive them as false .
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2020
. .
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
WHAT MAKE A FALSE MINISTER part 1
We have to be careful who we label as false.

Mostly People see everyone who they don't seem to agree with doctrinal as false .

Jesus was a False minister to some . Even till now

John 7:12
There was a lot of discussion about him among the crowds. Some said, “He’s a wonderful man,” while others said, “No, he’s duping the public.”

Even among his disciples . Some saw his teaching as heresy

Jn 6:56 — Jn 6:66
. .By eating my flesh and drinking my blood you enter into me and I into you. . . .After this a lot of his disciples left. They no longer wanted to be associated with him.

So think twice before you label a man as false . Just because you don't agree with his teaching. How are you sure he is the one who is wrong and not you .

The Bible gives us standard to judge fashood . We have to follow directive of scripture to ensure we don’t fall into misjudgememnt
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
WHAT MAKE FASLE MINISTER 2

Firstly it is God who knows who is false . Secondly there are signs that could show a person to be false .

Matthew 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them

That means that beyond discernment by the spirit there are certain obvious evidence which show in fruits. This fruits can show in conduct and in doctrine .

We have addressed the issue earlier that if someone has a doctrine that seem strange to us ,its not enough to categorize such a one as false

HOW DO YOU KNOW FALSE DOCTRINE
We have to judge it by whole body of truth.

DOES WRONG TEACHING MAKE A MAN FALSE
Not all wrong teaching comstitute false hood . Someone may have wrong understanding of scripture . Not well informed. What be teaches wrong is subject to change as light comes to him. A good example is the case of Apollos . Who taught erroneously about the messiah not knowing that Christ had come already . Until he was corrected.

Act 18:24 — Act 18:26
And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly

So even when its obvious there's a wrong interpretation or teaching error. It doesn't still make a man false . All it takes is to show him truth by dialogue and preferably privately .just as Apostle suleiman a.d Reno Omokiri did to Daddy freeze . Not egoistic attack .

Also remember you correct and rebuke according to your level of authority. You cant rebuke where you don't have authority. You can admonish and intercede .

To be continued
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 8:06am On Oct 04, 2020
Re: If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? by petra1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
FALSE MINISTER

A fasle minister is who turns people away from the faith . Especially those who departed from the faith and yielded to demons .

1Ti 4:1 — 1Ti 4:3
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth

To be continued..

(1) (Reply)

The Most High. / How To Login And Get 2024 Jamb Expo Using CBT Answer Viewer, Open Ques & Ans / If You Were God For 7 Days, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.