Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

How My Act Of Kindness Brought Me Shock, And Regrate This Morning. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Act Of Kindness Brought Me Shock, And Regrate This Morning. (2375 Views)

As A Parent, Share Those Crazy/funny Act Of Your Kids You Witnessed / I Am No Longer In Love With My Husband That Brought Me To The UK - Lady (video) / How Do I Get My Act Together Again. Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Act Of Kindness Brought Me Shock, And Regrate This Morning. by frozen70(f): 7:31am On Sep 22, 2020
usj:
How my act of kindness brought me shock, and regrate this morning. In lekki Lagos

Around our shop, there is a single mum (we are from same tribe) cohabiting with a man (Ghanian). She has a son from a previous relationship with her, so, three of them are occupying a room.

The son do come (for two weeks now) over to our shop, he watches what we do and we took him as a protege, we buy him food( mostly lunch and some times breakfast depending on when he resumes) give him money which the mum collects from him. most of all, we see him as a family.

He came to shop on Friday with a moody face, so we asked him a lot of questions, and told us many things:

1. As at 1:30 pm he has not eaten any thing.
2. He was flogged at home for using their cream.
3. He told us that the mum doesn't beat him, but the man does. She too is seriously being abuse by the man.
4. Based on my observation, the boy is under fed, very timid, physically abused (from the bruises on his back), has ringworm and dandruff, his hair was bushy, and looked like he hasn't comb it for days.

After telling us everything, we bought him food, I brought my clipper from home for personal hair cut that day. I begged a neighbor to allow me use his light. So, I took him there and barb his hair, afterwards we closed around 5:30 pm.
This Monday morning, the first thing our neighbors greeted us with was that; the mother came crying and asking why we barb his hair, that if anything happens to the son, we are going to be held accountable.
That her mother had a dream and called her not to barb the boy's hair .......blab bla bla... Since morning I have been so worried, what if something happens to him? Won't I be the first to be arrested? We told the boy to stop coming to our shop, and I have seriously warned myself to mind my own business hence forth.

What you did is out of pity and charity just that you would have informed his mother before barbing his head

You have to go to her with a witness and tell her your reasons for taking care of him and as it is you are sorry because you mean no harm

After that just withdraw from any help from them, she will definitely come to you for help, simply tell her that you can't help because you don't have what you need to assist her

So many people are in prisons for helping out someone innocently

1 Like

Re: How My Act Of Kindness Brought Me Shock, And Regrate This Morning. by NoToPile: 8:14am On Sep 22, 2020
Sorry nothing will happen to the boy, next time leave the body parts. Its fear of ritualists and co.

I remember when the lady at my babys daycare was complaining about a boy whose nails were long,, she said she has told the parents severally to cut the nails and that she can never cut it she doesn't want wahala grin grin

1 Like

Re: How My Act Of Kindness Brought Me Shock, And Regrate This Morning. by usj(m): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2020
socialmediaman:
If you feel concerned about the boy’s welfare call the attention of the authorities so it can be handled through official channels. The parents have no right to maltreat or abuse the child.

Though done with the best intentions, you too should be careful about rendering unsolicited help to other people’s children especially when they live with their parents.

She told my brother she's moving back to the village at the end of the month, that would be best for her and the son.
Re: How My Act Of Kindness Brought Me Shock, And Regrate This Morning. by usj(m): 10:22am On Sep 22, 2020
Re: How My Act Of Kindness Brought Me Shock, And Regrate This Morning. by usj(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2020
Uyi168:
I've also had my own experience.
Now, these days, to even carry another person pikin dey fear me, let alone offering them gifts, money or foods..
Lol! What happened?

(1) (2) (Reply)

For The Mature Guys. Why Are You Not Married Yet / 1 Year Old Child Is Pregnant / Brazilian Married To A Nigerian-american Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.