Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Scam On Nairaland - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam On Nairaland (1166 Views)

Beware Of This New Scam On Social Media. (my Experience) / View Screenshots! My Funny Ordeal With A Cheap Scam On Nairaland / Auto Programmed Scam On Skype And Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam On Nairaland by Ugba1(m): 4:31pm On Feb 28, 2011
This article link was mailed to you by: love_mimi8096@yahoo.com *
The sender included the following message:
Hello Dear,My Name is Mimi,nice to meet you.I saw your profile today at (www.nairaland.com) and admire it,please i would like you to contact me back through my email address(love_mimi8096@yahoo.com)so i will tell you more about myself and i will also send my sweet photos to you,as soon as you contact me back.Hoping to hear from you soonest,Remember that distance or color does not matter but love matters a lot in relationship,UNDERSTAND THAT LOVE IS ONE,:::::WITH LOVE AND TRUST.Love & Kiss .Mimi.;;;( love_mimi8096@yahoo.com
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]

Above was sent to my mail today. We need to protect members profile from scammers.
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Woke4all(m): 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2011
NA TODAY?
Re: Scam On Nairaland by r231(m): 4:39pm On Feb 28, 2011
i got the same email grin
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Dyt(f): 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2011
Y u no reply na
tell am say u sef love am
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2011
Is NL not full of people from Nigeria?! is Nigeria not the birthplace of 419?! wake up!
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Woke4all(m): 5:10pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^
cheesy undecided
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Pennywise(m): 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2011
Who gives money to scammers these days. Honestly I am tempted to play along to know how they succeed in doing what they do. At what stage they employ the juju etc etc. B/c right now its eyeball to eyeball
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^^same as any dating scam. The damsel will miraculously be madly in love BUT short of cash or with a sick parent in hospital. Of course she(he) will make sure that if you are in Lagos, she will be in Kano and if you are in Kano then she will reside in Lagos.
Definitely a recharge card fest!
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2011
I have a lot of them messages on my nairaland email. . . . . Sometimes I feel we have them within us on this site. . .
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Pennywise(m): 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^same as any dating scam. The damsel will miraculously be madly in love BUT short of cash or with a sick parent in hospital. Of course she(he) will make sure that if you are in Lagos, she will be in Kano and if you are in Kano then she will reside in Lagos.
Definitely a recharge card fest!
For someone u have not even met? Some guys are incredibly daf/t. No wonder scammers are still in business
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Orton10(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Is NL not full of people from Nigeria?! is Nigeria not the birthplace of 419?! wake up!
Mbj, really??
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Yemmyc(f): 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2011
~op only SUPER DUMMIES wil fall victims of SCAMMERS.
Re: Scam On Nairaland by LordReed(m): 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Please I take exception. The art of the con did not originate in Nigeria.
Re: Scam On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2011
Where did the Art of Con originated?
Re: Scam On Nairaland by LordReed(m): 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
@Mrs.C
The first known usage of the term "confidence man"(con man) in English was in 1849. It was used by American press during the United States trial of William Thompson. Thompson chatted with strangers until he asked, if they had the confidence, to lend him their watches, whereupon he would walk off with the watch.

Excerpt from wikipedia.org
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
Pennywise:

For someone u have not even met? Some guys are incredibly daf/t. No wonder scammers are still in business

picture this: some lonely guy, desperate for a date, down on his luck with women, receiving this letter. . . . . . he might just think that its Xmas, new year and bdays all in one with such sultry message.
i even saw that they sometimes have some sexy gals posing in front of the cam smiling while the scammer is on the side typing on the keyboard to the mugu, PRICELESS!

Orton1_0:

Mbj, really??

Lord_Reed:

Please I take exception. The art of the con did not originate in Nigeria.

the term 419 is copyrighted in 9ja, no doubt about it and as much as many are into different cons, the art of advance fee fraud was perfected AND mastered in 9ja.
Nigerians are not the only one doing this types of crime (check all the big guns doing ponzi schemes OR phoney wars and getting away with BILLIONS)
but for any person on a Nigerian site to not have heard of such scam is  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . i was actually shocked to hear a few years ago that Nigerians, IN NIGERIA, fell mugu to 419 too, bwaaaaah!!!!!!
Re: Scam On Nairaland by LordReed(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2011
@MRbrownJAY
Maybe our peculiar brand of crime but still not original eg Ponzi schemes et al.

No need to be surprised. Hope is so easily exploited.
Re: Scam On Nairaland by r231(m): 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2011
here is mine

Hello Dear,Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:09 PM
From: "love_mimi8096@yahoo.com" <love_mimi8096@yahoo.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: ricalade2@yahoo.com
This article link was mailed to you by: love_mimi8096@yahoo.com *
The sender included the following message:

Hello Dear,My Name is Mimi,nice to meet you.I saw your profile today at (www.nairaland.com) and admire it,please i would like you to contact me back through my email address(love_mimi8096@yahoo.com)so i will tell you more about myself and i will also send my sweet photos to you,as soon as you contact me back.Hoping to hear from you soonest,Remember that distance or color does not matter but love matters a lot in relationship,UNDERSTAND THAT LOVE IS ONE,:::::WITH LOVE AND TRUST.Love & Kiss .Mimi.;;;( love_mimi8096@yahoo.com
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Ugba1(m): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2011
r231

It's really not funny. pple will sit somewhere and beleive they can reap where they didn't sow. Anyway it's only greedy pple that can fall to their gimmicks anyway.
Re: Scam On Nairaland by CrazyMan(m): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2011
*Sighs*
Re: Scam On Nairaland by mamagee3(f): 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2011
This one is dating scam. . . grin grin

please beware of such daft criminal transaction. . . grin
Re: Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 13, 2011
Lmao@ this thread. I have yet to receive this "email" and who ever is foolish enough to post their email
on this site deserves it!

(1) (Reply)

Bizzare: Man, 62, raappes 10 Year Old Step Daughter In Southwest Nigeria / CAUGHT IN THE ACT: Saturday Punch Sting Operation Nets Fake Customs Auctioneer. / Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.