Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene (4009 Views)

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left / 5 Artistes Who Chose To Do Music Even Though Their Parents Were Billionaires!! / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by Afrobeatsglobal(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
For music lovers who are beginning to appreciate good music, Sunny Neji is probably part of the old generation you should consider checking because of his “Traditional highlife” style.

Sunny Neji was born in Lagos, to Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Neji; Sunny, the youngest of five kids. He began to sing at an early stage. As a young boy, he participated in cultural performances while in school and by 1987 he ventured into recording earning a reputation in the jingle-production scene in no time.

His debut album, ‘Captain’ on EMI was released in 1991, before he went on to join Colors Band with which he performed as the lead singer for five years. In 1997 with the release of his sophomore set ‘Mr. Fantastik,’ the album sold hugely and won numerous awards for the artiste.

He went on to drop other amazing works, such as Tribute Album To The Legendary Sir, Victor Uwaifo with his reinterpretation of the classic ‘Joromi,’ ‘Wake up!’ in 2003 to challenge Nigeria to vote right in the general election. These special projects helped to set the tune for his fourth full-length album unchained, with Oruka and Face Me.

Sunny Neji was described as Nigeria’s Luther Vandross, whose beautiful love songs are enjoyed by everyone, old and young. His hit single “Oruka”; still remains a dream song for every couple walking down the aisle in Nigeria. 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene

Get full gist: https://afrobeatsglobal.com/6-nigerian-artistes-who-has-faded-out-of-the-music-scene/

1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by chocboi78(m): 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
finish am for here, no vex

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by DaInferno(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
so I will open browser, click on NL, click thread to read and still click your link?! check am

3 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by ihustler(m): 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Op, Shebi it's your Primary 4 books that you are still reading in 2020...
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by yusufdayo1: 12:50am On Sep 24, 2020
Na everything be this

For music lovers who are beginning to appreciate good music, Sunny Neji is probably part of the old generation you should consider checking because of his “Traditional highlife” style.
Sunny Neji was born in Lagos, to Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Neji; Sunny, the youngest of five kids. He began to sing at an early stage. As a young boy, he participated in cultural performances while in school and by 1987 he ventured into recording earning a reputation in the jingle-production scene in no time.
His debut album, ‘Captain’ on EMI was released in 1991, before he went on to join Colors Band with which he performed as the lead singer for five years. In 1997 with the release of his sophomore set ‘Mr. Fantastik,’ the album sold hugely and won numerous awards for the artiste.
He went on to drop other amazing works, such as Tribute Album To The Legendary Sir, Victor Uwaifo with his reinterpretation of the classic ‘Joromi,’ ‘Wake up!’ in 2003 to challenge Nigeria to vote right in the general election. These special projects helped to set the tune for his fourth full-length album unchained, with Oruka and Face Me.
Sunny Neji was described as Nigeria’s Luther Vandross, whose beautiful love songs are enjoyed by everyone, old and young. His hit single “Oruka”; still remains a dream song for every couple walking down the aisle in Nigeria. 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene

Terry G
Terry G, an eccentric singer, and producer can be credited for taking the hip hop music to the street with his ‘madness style’. He has been described as “one of the world’s weirdest singers and craziest musicians in Nigeria,” by Nigerian media.
The singer, whose name is Gabriel Oche Amanyi was born in Benue State and began his professional music in 2006. He brought a new kind of flavour to the music scene, carving a niche for himself, as a talented singer with a hyper-energetic style of music delivery.
Freestyling on a beat he had produced for another artiste, his infectious beat and melody of most of his songs could not be overlooked.
Terry G grunted his way to stardom with a worrisome trend that the likes of Naira Marley, Zlatan, Qdot and others have carried on with.
Some of his ‘crazy’ songs from the ‘Ginjah Master’s that shut down Nigerian airwaves at its prime, includes ‘Free madness,’ ‘Run Mad,’ ‘Akpako Master,’ ‘See groove,’ and ‘Sangalo pt 2.’ He has also faded from the scene.

Kenny Saint Brown
Kenny Saint Brown, popularly known as KSB, is a multiple award-winning artiste before she went on to become an entrepreneur, author, life coach, and a politician.
Born in Ago Iwoye, Ijebu to the family of Late Chief Felix and Otunba Leticia Ogungbe, she jettisoned a career in oil and gas industry for music.
The talented singer was waxing stronger even when some other gospel stars were disappearing from the landscape.
Her unforgettable songs include ‘Turn Around’ featuring Da Grin, ‘Baba Ara,’ ‘Moti Goke’ featuring Terry G; ‘Alaye’ featuring Ice Prince, among others.

AY.Com
Many years ago, singer, AY.com, was rated as one of the raves in the music industry with his hit song, ‘Pass me your Love’ featuring Terry G.
The singer whose real name, Ayoola Johnson, faded from the music scene after allegations caused a rift between him and Terry G.
Ay.com went on to release more singles like ‘Jombolo’, ‘Komagbon’, ‘No Mind Dem,’ among others.

Tony Tetuila
Anthony Olanrewaju Awotoye, popularly known as ‘Tony Tetuila’ is another successful Afro hip hop artiste, formerly a member of The Remedies (along with Eedris Abdulkareem and Eddy Montana), he split with the group and went on to established himself as a successful solo musician.
He hails from Kwara State and is best known for his song, ‘My car’, where he shaded his former labelmate Eedris Abdulkareem, and pay homage to Bola Tinubu, the Lagos state governor at the time. He went on to drop other hit songs such as ‘Only You,’ ‘Iseju Kan,’ ‘My Heart Go jigi jigi,’ ‘Omode Meta.’
Nothing was heard from him again musically. In 2014, Tony Tetuila ran for political office for the House of Assembly of Kwara State as a candidateof the All Progressives Congress, but lost.

Paul Play Dairo
Even if the younger generation does not listen to him, Paul Play Dairo is still a living Afro music legend. Known for his soft-spoken vocals, the son of Nigerian bandleader, I. K. Dairo who was the father of juju music for his role in establishing that musical style, eventually displaced West African high life as Nigeria’s national sound.
Like his father, Paul’s music genre revolves around high life, but he added Gospel, R&B, and Soul to the mix as well. He knows how to serenade his listeners right, and expresses it with the simplest of lyrics to convey his message of affection.
His song titled, ‘Angel of my life’ was one of all-time popular classics, where he expressed all the emotions and feelings he has for the woman in his life, and how he would be without her. But he has faded from the scene.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by mayor1814: 1:08am On Sep 24, 2020
others include mode9, sixfootplus, rugged man, overdose, jazzman olofin, Lord of ajasa, durella, ETC.
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by Kobicove(m): 1:18am On Sep 24, 2020
Others are Rasqie, Olu Maintain, Azadus, Style Plus etc
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by wunaESQ(m): 6:47am On Sep 24, 2020
mayor1814:
others include mode9, sixfootplus, rugged man, overdose, jazzman olofin, Lord of ajasa, durella, ETC.
weird mc ...style plus.. etc
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by Coldie(m): 8:36am On Sep 24, 2020
What of Petersquare aka Mr p
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 24, 2020
Mmyzkid, Terri apala
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by meobizy(f): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2020
No Spydaman, Gino and Flekta man?
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by Webber0008fA: 10:37am On Sep 24, 2020
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by unity004(m): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2020
chocboi78:
grin
chocboi78:
even choc boiz are now fossils

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by nazicartel(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2020
Terry G kwa?... Thought he sang with Skibii of recent... One kind good song like that... Or you want him to be competing with Wizkid and his friend?
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by femi4: 11:37am On Sep 24, 2020
Clever J, Konga, Bigiano, GT the guitar man, Knighthouse, Mo cheda
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by Vexedkid(m): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sky b, Danfo driver, African China, Rayan T, Djinee
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by Denique(f): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
DaInferno:
so I will open browser, click on NL, click thread to read and still click your link?! check am
E nor balance at all grin
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by Denique(f): 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
femi4:
Clever J, Konga, Bigiano, GT the guitar man, Knighthouse, Mo cheda

Koni koni love you dey give me so na im I say I nor go fit invite una come my party make una nor shayo because I be Mo'Cheda, Diva mo lenu..don't be shy, I got you boy...
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by femi4: 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2020
Denique:

Koni koni love you dey give me so na im I say I nor go fit invite una come my party make una nor shayo because I be Mo'Cheda, Diva mo lenu..don't be shy, I got you boy...
humm...you took me down the memory lane
Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by Denique(f): 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
femi4:
humm...you took me down the memory lane

Re: 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Has Faded Out Of The Music Scene by chocboi78(m): 3:03am On Sep 27, 2020
unity004:
grin even choc boiz are now fossils
LMAO.... Abaga still holding the game down, Jesse's "Garba" ep is lit Also...
Dudes used to be da bomb angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Saheed Balogun Now Born Again / Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? / Shania Twain Marries Her Ex-husband's Wife's Ex-husband-YUCK!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.