Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,710 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) (52479 Views)

Umahi Visits Wike In Port Harcourt / Obaseki Visits Wike At Rivers State Government House, Port Harcourt / Atiku Abubakar Personally Visits Wike After He 'Stormed Out Of Venue'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Edo2020: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, on Wednesday visited his Rivers State counterpart, Barr. Nyesom Wike, at the Rivers Government House, in Port Harcourt.

The visit is coming three days after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared Obaseki as the winner of the Sept. 19 Edo Governorship election.

Igbere TV correspondent in Port Harcourt reports that the Edo governor was in Port Harcourt to express gratitude to Wike and the people of the state for their support which made his re-election possible.

Speaking during the visit, Obaseki described the consolation he got from Wike as the second pivot for his electoral victory, while God who crowned the efforts of all his supporters, was the first.

He noted the commitment of Wike in ensuring electoral victory for him by relocating to Edo State despite the needless attacks from the opposition.

According to the Edo governor, the electoral victory strategies he used in the Edo Governorship election were hatched in Rivers State.

On his part, the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike said his support was informed by the fact that Governor Obaseki was courageous and fearless.

According to him, standing against forces of godfatherism was not easy but Governor Obaseki made himself available to protect the interest of Edo State.

During the course of the meeting, wife of the Edo State Governor, Betsy Bene Obaseki presented Souvenirs to Governor Wike and his wife, Justice Suzzette Eberechi Wike.

The items, she said, will serve as symbols that will strengthen the existing friendship.
According to her, "we have to remain as one to attain the desired plans of God."

Igbere TV reports that Obaseki was accompanied by his wife, his deputy, Philip Shuaibu, his wife, PDP National Vice Chairman (South-South), Chief Dan Orbih, Senators and Rep members from the state, top government functionaries and party chieftains among others.

Governor Godwin Obaseki defeated Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), and 12 other contestants to win the just concluded September 19 Governorship election in Edo state.

https://igberetvnews.com/1365679/edo-poll-wike-gave-strategies-win-says-obaseki-photos/

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Edo2020: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Obaseki to Wike:

"After I was pushed out of my former Party, this house was the first place I sought solace. You took me in as a brother, out of the storm, changed my cloths and gave me food to eat.

"It was in this house, the Campaign Council met to work out the key strategies that led us to victory.

"You mobilised people across the country. You moved to Benin, went through the humiliation and attacks. You supported us and we won.

"It will be a sin against God if we do not come to say thank you. Even if the victory we are celebrating is from God. He has used people like you to make it happen."

Wike to Obaseki:

"Our work would have been difficult if he did not make himself available. I cannot support a lily hearted person. Governor Obaseki was firm.

"It is not easy to fight godfatherism. But he has the interest of Edo people at heart. Together, we have conquered it."

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by slivertongue: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
thank you wike the slayer of APC
thank you for leading the peoples revolution
thank you for helping to chase away the slave masters and their thugs
thank you in advance for 2023...
thank you again and again

God bless all Rvers people.

222 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by SmartProf(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
Brave men...Obaseki has visited his project supervisor to tell him he got a distinction from INEC and the Edo people..meanwhile Ize Iyamu visited his own project supervisors in Abuja to cry to them that Edo people didnt allow him defend his yeye project...they chased him out with their votes, so he has dropped out.

206 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by yanabasee(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Appreciation matters alot...

But as the people stood solidly behind you ...I want to believe that he's going to deliver and not fail them like Buhari did with the massive votes and support....

There'll be no excuse anymore...No godfather to push the blames to....Let him deliver and put Edo state in the right direction.....

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by anonimi: 9:32pm On Sep 23, 2020
yanabasee:
Appreciation matters alot...

But as the people stood solidly behind you ...I want to believe that he's going to deliver and not fail them like Buhari did with the massive votes and support....

There'll be no excuse anymore...No godfather to push the blames to....Let him deliver and put Edo state in the right direction.....

How does less than 10% of the population voting in an election reflect the people’s interest of solidly standing behind any of the candidates
I am very confused about that. undecided shocked

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586428_fbimg15736654320838424_jpegd42241580d772ab6f2e4383c755894e8

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by TimFisher2: 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2020
undecided

I dedicate this wonderful darling victory to the rotten meat griller that did not know that a fool at 40 is a fool forever

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by anonimi: 9:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
SmartProf:
Brave men...Obaseki has visited his project supervisor to tell him he got a distinction from INEC and the Edo people. meanwhile Ize Iyamu visited his own supervisors in Abuja to cry to them that Edo people didnt allow him defend his yeye project...they chased him out with their votes, so he has dropped out.

grin cheesy

Una bad mouth ehn.
The same way that he was chased out of UNIBEN for throwing acid on his fellow students as a cultist?
The same way that coNrade Oshi-omo-Ole dropped the thief out of his 2008 cabinet?
How could a supposed progressive comrade of integrity, like chairman Oshiomole, go back to his vomit as if he is a dog?

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12227231_12226348fbimg1597299430604jpeg765642d1eef47b5c25fdfb37fb95eeb2_jpeg08c450ee1eb826168f4288638853cde1

RuudVanNisteroy:
Adams Oshiomhole told the world that Ize Iyamu was a cultist who was rusticated after he deformed another student by pouring acid on him and also a thief who looted the state dry when he was Secretary to the State Government, under convicted thief Lucky Igbinedion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CtejWrAWNM

arterxerxes:
"I Was A Cultist Of A Fraternity" - Pastor Ize Iyamu (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaBKqQBCAmg

Pastor Ize Iyamu, the Edo PDP flag bearer of the forth coming Governorship election in an interview agreed of being a one time member of a fraternity in University of Benin.
He also agreed to being expelled from the university before being accepted back after two years to complete his school as lawyer.

Hear him speak!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12213328_162362437b2b49719659bff7891657ab_jpeg_jpegcda9e6c3598b6d986562f265b39abdad

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by anonimi: 9:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided
I dedicate this wonderful darling victory to the rotten meat griller that did not know that a fool at 40 is a fool forever

I thought that mannabbqgrill was also aligned with the people in Edo

5 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by AgencyReport: 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nice one

Lalasticlala how fa

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Mowsid(m): 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
Perfect duo..... Show of gratitude from Obaseki to Wike....... No matter the taunting from APC, Wike stood his ground and Obaseki emerged winner

15 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by psychologist(m): 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wike the lion himself
The indaboski bahose grin

20 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Sirigu: 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
It's a very necessary visit. Wike played a major role in making sure Obaseki came back as governor and ended godfatherism in Edo.

11 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by mattmogan88: 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by omoadeleye(m): 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
Well done

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
2 lions

3 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by lonelydora: 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
Etoo Dike na nke omere...omekwa ozo!!!

Gov. Wike whoever their senior man is, you senior am.

Wike...na man you bi.

7 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
Men

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok

13 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Brokeronline: 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Fellow nairalanders, there are many ways you shows that you love someone. Not ALWAYS by giving fish, but sometimes by teaching how to catch fish

Please I NEED YOU TO HELP ME SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoa12bcBwaBSX7PYebED6nQ

I need your encouragement please...

I am already giving up cry cry

Help a brother please..

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Heffalump(m): 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Good move! He saved the better for the later cool

4 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Noice!!

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by sammysneh(m): 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
Governor wike deserves all the credit, The lion himself

The slayer of Apc Aka wike the wicked..

Carry go na God dey ur back no be ezinma..

8 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by BIGGESThead6: 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
This one go soon be like Emeka Ihedioha. Supreme Court will soon remove him. grin grin grin grin

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by pheelhip(m): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
Afii suuruuuuuuuu
Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by DrAbayomi(m): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
Fix time and pay me a visit too... Let’s discuss the next four years lol!
Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by ecomalchemist(m): 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
politics, such dirty game.

https://www.nairaland.com/6116426/one-touch-smart-watch-sale

go cop it now, its affordable.

50 pcs available, pay on delivery within lagos

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by BrabusNG: 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Profound words of brave men!

Obaseki to Wike:

"After I was pushed out of my former Party, this house was the first place I sought solace. You took me in as a brother, out of the storm, changed my cloths and gave me food to eat.

"It was in this house, the Campaign Council met to work out the key strategies that led us to victory.

"You mobilised people across the country. You moved to Benin, went through the humiliation and attacks. You supported us and we won.

"It will be a sin against God if we do not come to say thank you. Even if the victory we are celebrating is from God. He has used people like you to make it happen."

Wike to Obaseki:

"Our work would have been difficult if he did not make himself available. I cannot support a lily hearted person. Governor Obaseki was firm.

"It is not easy to fight godfatherism. But he has the interest of Edo people at heart. Together, we have conquered it."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by engela7(m): 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wike and Obaseki, the destroyers of godfatherism.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Taiwojon(m): 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Good one.
Anyway love a friend who love Jesus And Love Jesus with all your heart!!!!!

Forgive other and lead them to Jesus

Jesus save

4 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Pls if ur name is comrade ... does that mean you will wear khaki?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Alex Otti Meets With President Tinubu (Photo) / The Moment Yinka Odumakin's Father Heard About His Son's Death (Video) / Man Blasted For Bowing For Iara Oshiomhole At A Public Function (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.