Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect (4039 Views)

Lagos,change And Pdp-the Bode George Thieving Narrative / Revealed :the Intrigues,the Conspiracy & Politics Of The Bode Goerge / Bode George Out Of Kirikiri Prison Tomorrow. Your Views Pls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by youngmonie: 12:47am On Mar 01, 2011
Kirikiri, the relatively quiet town in Lagos State which gives the famous prison its name, woke up last Saturday to a crowd that had turned out to celebrate the release of Olabode George, the former chairman of the Nigerian Ports Authority, who ended his prison term that day. Over 1,000 George supporters, dressed in ‘uniform' traditional attire popularly called ‘aso ebi' along with elaborate headgear, flocked to the sleepy town.

Stella Onyekwere, a fruit seller, said that there were so many visitors that it was difficult to get through them to her home near the Kirikiri Medium Prison.

"The number of people that came here today, I have not seen it in Kirikiri before," she said. "They were plenty. You see them with different uniforms. See the women with their gele. People full everywhere."

A few residents said that the unprecedented turnout made them afraid.

"Come and see the security people that came to guard him (Mr. George)," said Mrs. Onyekwere. "They were many and they were wearing their black. That black suit is not ordinary o. If you see the kind of guns they arranged inside the suit, you will fear."

According to another Kirikiri resident, who identified himself simply as Samuel, some of the supporters of the released prisoner had been in the neighbourhood since Friday night to beat the restriction of movement due to the Lagos State monthly environmental sanitation.

"In fact, they have been busy since yesterday night; that is when many of them came," he said. "So this morning, they were ready. Many politicians were here. I saw this Alao-Akala (Oyo State governor) and other PDP governors. Even (Goodluck) Jonathan, came here in the night around 3am."

"But seriously, this is not good now," Samuel went on to say. "Somebody that stole billions of naira, they were coming to celebrate him like this, but there are many innocent people inside there (Kirikiri Prisons). If it was a poor man that stole money, they would have left him to die there and they will bury him there. That's why you can't blame people who are doing everything possible to make money."

Hours later, the release of Mr. George from prison was the talk of the town. At each stretch of shops, restaurants, and bars, people were discussing it, either quietly condemning the jamboree or loudly telling how they scrambled to pick the cash that Mr. George threw in the air for his supporters. Posters bearing the image of Mr. George were posted on walls with the People's Democratic Party (PDP) logo and the inscription, ‘The Joseph of our Time.'

While the fanfare was going on, restaurant owners made a killing by doubling food prices. Eno Akpan, who runs a restaurant in the area, said she regretted opening her shop late after the environmental sanitation. She had sent her daughter ahead, who sold plates of rice for N300 instead of the usual N150.

"If I knew it will be like this, I would have prepared everything," she said. "I can even sell a plate for N1,000 and they will buy."

[color=#006600][/color] AND SOME PEOPLE STILLL BELIEVE JONATHAN IS THE SAVIOUR!!!

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5680284-146/kirikiri_gets_the_bode_george_effect.csp
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by bgees(m): 1:14am On Mar 01, 2011
It just shows we have a long way to go.

I shed 50 tears for Nigeria.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by Tcrack(m): 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2011
so much for ANTI-CORRUPTION. Only in nigeria will  presidents ( both past and serving) go and welcome a convicted criminal.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by logtech: 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2011
sad if jonathan really went there at 3am as the post suggests then the man
is truly the worst thing that is about to happen to Nigeria.
A wise president will steer clear away from the entire charade.

Jonathan truly believes he has this election in his back pocket.
Nigerians please let us prove otherwise
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by seunlayi(m): 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2011
Tcrack:

you are diligintly fooliish. what happened when Alameseah was released? is he yoruba. Alakori
He might have forgotten the likes of Alameseah
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by Carlosein(m): 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2011
logtech:

sad if jonathan really went there at 3am as the post suggests then the man
is truly the worst thing that is about to happen to Nigeria.
A wise president will steer clear away from the entire charade.

Jonathan truly believes he has this election in his back pocket.
Nigerians please let us prove otherwise

Pray, who do we vote in then?
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by Intrepid1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2011
Lucky went there at 3am
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by LoveKing(m): 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2011
so gej went to see bode george? ah yawa ti de
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by coalcoal1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2011
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2011
the Nigerian version of the locabee bomber,mschew.
where is wole soyinka and the save nigeria group(this is one opportunity that will help them push the pdp out of aso rock) while all this is happening
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by chamber2(m): 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2011
so much for ANTI-CORRUPTION. Only in nigeria will presidents ( both past and serving) go and welcome a convicted criminal.

I won't be surprise if he gets a ministerial appointment after this,after all he is still in possession of the money he supposedly stole. ANT OF AFRICA
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by teeboyseve(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2011
Am Nigerian, but am sorry to say Nigeria will never improve until all old and corrupt politicians stay away from politics. Dont expect any god result from the 2011 election.The result has been decided already. I weep for my beloved country.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by logtech: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2011
@ carlosein
my brother to be honest i am at a loss as to who to vote into that office.
one thing i know is, if as a citizenry we vote in other political parties to various offices around the country
it will help to strengthen other parties and tone down the tentacles of the PDP and leave room for the introduction
of politics based on issues, and parties will struggle to provide credible candidates. then nigeria will say goodbye to amala politics
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by johnjoel(m): 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2011
corrupt gvt
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by teeboyseve(m): 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2011
logtech:

@ carlosein
one thing i know is, if as a citizenry we vote in other political parties to various offices around the country
it will help to strengthen other parties and tone down the tentacles of the PDP and leave room for the introduction
of politics based on issues, and parties will struggle to provide credible candidates. then nigeria will say goodbye to amala politics

2015, we will come back  again to start debate on PDP, ACN and others . the truth is they are all the same. We need a revolution, we need fresh air, we need people that know what they are doing. this is 2011 and the world has changed, politics is not for old and uneducated men. the issue they face in 1980's and 1990's are different from what we face today (we face more). Africa needs to try younger minds , the old men dont have a clue of what they are doing,most of them are in politics for Money or Power. all they do is sleep in the senate and rep meetings. WE NEED FRESH AIR AND NEW POLITICIANS.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by 10cirenoh: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2011
logtech:

@ carlosein

You don't know who to vote for? Open your eyes man BUHARI/BAKARE is the answer if you want your kids to get a job befitting of their certificate, get paid on time, be hardworking, drinkable water, new roads, good schools, fight corruption, deal with indiscipline. Vote for CPC, BUHARI/BAKARE.

With Buhari/Bakare in Power, Bode George, Alameseiha, Odili, Ibori, Igbinedion, Akala, Fayose, Yuguda, Ciroma, IBB, OBJ,ORJI, TINUBU, Ibru, Akingbola'll spend most of their later lives in Prison in handcuffs.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by oluagness(m): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2011
Why are they encouraging stealing?
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by teeboyseve(m): 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
10cirenoh:

You don't know who to vote for? Open your eyes man BUHARI/BAKARE is the answer if you want your kids to get a job befitting of their certificate, get paid on time, be hardworking, drinkable water, new roads, good schools, fight corruption, deal with indiscipline. Vote for CPC, BUHARI/BAKARE.

With Buhari/Bakare in Power, Bode George, Alameseiha, Odili, Ibori, Igbinedion, Akala, Fayose, Yuguda, Ciroma, IBB, OBJ,ORJI, TINUBU, Ibru, Akingbola'll spend most of their later lives in Prison in handcuffs.

BUHARI/BAKARE? Who knows the future?? NO ONE. But I will agree with you because we need to try something new. we have had enuff of PDP, let try some new party.ACN,CPC,LABOUR or any.What we need is result. But unfortunately PDP will win 2011.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2011
oluagness:

because its the easiest way to make it in Africa
10cirenoh:

this is not the time for such gambling my brother
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by chamber2(m): 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2011
Quite typical of ndi-yoruba!  Like father (Awolowo) like sons & daughters!

Even though i will agree that yorubas like anything partying,and would organise owambe even when a kitten is born,i think your statement is quite tribalistic and should not be condoned in a matured discussion lsuch as this.We are talking about Nigeria and Nigerians and their unrefined disposition towards celebrating crooks.It is only in Nigeria that armed robbers,419ers,corrupt politicians etc are honoured with chieftaincy titles and in most cases given front seat in the churches and mosques.Also,for the person of Mr.Jonathan to be in attendance is something i find difficult to understand.Even though I am one of his fans,this has really put me in great doubts as in the genuineness of his promises to ''transform'' Nigeria into an Eldorado.For a leader to join in the celebration of an ex convict is really shameful and disheartening,if not regrettable.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2011
STOP COMPLAINING,GEJ IS ALREADY FULFILING HIS CANPAIGN PROMISES tongue tongue tongue
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2011
By secretly been a VIP GUEST in an ex-convict appartment in kirikiri prison
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by twinstaiye(m): 2:05pm On Mar 01, 2011
Why giving a dog a bad name to hang it, just listen to the story, GEJ visited the man around 3am. When in actual fact as the President, he can ordered that he be brought to his presence if there is anything he needs to see him for.Also, as soon as he is release, the man can even be fly straight to see GEJ. I am not supporting anybody, but I dont believe that part one bit.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by owobokiri(m): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2011
Jonathan maybe the most cleuless president in office anywhere in the world today, What is the meaning of visiting a convicted looter in prison?? To congratulate him or what? Why is this man such a bundle of emberassments?
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by BigPhil(m): 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2011
Nigerians,There is indeed a very simple way to end all these rubbish.Come April vote for BUHARI/BAKARE.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by youngmonie: 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2011
ACN better be careful, this aint 2007 and PDP have gone to re-group, BODE GEORGES RELEASE WAS WELL TIMED. THEY (PDP) ARE REALLY GONNA STORM LAGOS WITH NEARLY AL THERI RESOURCES. HEARD JONATHAN MAY BE MOVING HIS CAMPAIGN TEAM TO LAGOS TOWARDS ELECTION TIME. ACN BETTER KEEP UR GAME UP AND BE @ ALERT BECAUSE SOME MAD  POLITRICKING WILL HAPPEN IN LAGOS  BECASUE PDP WANT IT @ ALL COST
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by trhymes(m): 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2011
THE BIG BOSS IS OUT, A LESSON TO ALL, THE GAME IS ON SHA
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2011
This is a great, wonderful and honest write up . . . Nigerians are good at celebrating criminals . . . . . . And we wonder why most will do anything to have money at all cost?
We wonder why people selling their soul to the devil?

Nigeria, we hail thee
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by lakeside4love(m): 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2011
MARK MY WORDS THIS DAY, PDP WILL/CAN NEVER RULE LAGOS, NO AMOUNT OF RIGGING OR POLICTRICKING WULD MAKE THEM SUCCEED.I REPEAT. MARK MY WORDS.
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by Madcow(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2011
What was the fruit seller doing awake by 3am?
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by chamber2(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2011
She had sent her daughter ahead, who sold plates of rice for[b] N300[/b] instead of the usual N150.

"If I knew it will be like this, I would have prepared everything," she said. "I can even sell a plate for N1,000 and they will buy."

Even the food vendor is not left out in the corruption bid. There are truly problems in this country
Re: Kirikiri Gets The Bode George Effect by TeOne: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2011
johnjoel:

corrupt gvt

teeboyseve:

BUHARI/BAKARE? Who knows the future?? NO ONE. But I will agree with you because we need to try something new. we have had enuff of PDP, let try some new party.ACN,CPC,LABOUR or any.What we need is result. But unfortunately PDP will win 2011.
oluagness:

If u will all agree with me that Nigeria is not a Sovereign country. PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP etc. we will continue to experience the same thing. Because no one is righteous in this country. That GENE of STEALING public funds flows in all of us one way or the other. Just check yourself, you know where you are getting it wrong. Start doing the right thing yourself. The change starts with you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Ohanaeze Evacuates 500,000 Igbo From Kano / Boko Haram Founder Is Now My Friend And Brother - Femi Fani-kayode / The O'odua Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.