Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account (1489 Views)

ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help! / Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by rasheedatt(f): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
I dont know what happened I received a help from a kind heart person to help my mother.

I went to withdraw but I keep seeing account restricted,
please what could be the problem ?

what can I do all?

my documents are in Abuja and am in the village for my dads burial and that money is the only hope to support my mom and keep her alive now.

affected account........
account name Ibrahim rasheedat

account number 0592220656

bank Gt bank.

pls help

Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by rasheedatt(f): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2020
I have called the agent no good response from them.

I went to the bank I was told to bring id card

this death happened suddenly I came to village without anything pls any solution ?
Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by Naijaepic: 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
Call the number on display (ensure you had enough calling credit on your line, as you might spent about 30 minutes speaking with gtb customer care agent)
Alternatively, walking into any gtb branch to resolve the issue.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
Maybe the amount you received is too much for the kind of account you are operating, hence you need to upgrade your account for the restriction to be lifted. Load like 500 naira airtime and Call the bank. They will explain things to you.

But at the end of the day, you need to visit the nearest GTBank to resolve the issue!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by showafrica(m): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
rasheedatt:
I have called the agent no good response from them.

I went to the bank I was told to bring id card

this death happened suddenly I came to village without anything pls any solution ?

Tell someone to snap ur idcard and send to you. Carry am for phone go show them for bank. just make sure ur hands no dent.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by rasheedatt(f): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2020
oh God why is devil trying to use Gt bank to kill me why this time
Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by rasheedatt(f): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
has anyone experienced this before ?
Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by yanabasee(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
rasheedatt:
oh God why is devil trying to use Gt bank to kill me
why this time

What is wrong with you? Stop lamenting and be brave....

If you have the voter's or Nimcy card, get it and visit any gt branch tomorrow or ask someone to snap it for you from Abuja and send it to you so you can use it to visit the bank....

Somebody suggested this up there.... And it's the right thing to do.... Also be ready to swear affidavit in case of anything.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by rasheedatt(f): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
yanabasee:

What is wrong with you? Stop lamenting and be brave....

If you have the voter's or Nimcy card, get it and visit any gt branch tomorrow or ask someone to snap it for you from Abuja and send it to you so you can use it to visit the bank....

Somebody suggested this up there.... And it's the right thing to do.... Also be ready to swear affidavit in case of anything.
ok I will follow this idea

but why the restriction for no reason ?
Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by yanabasee(m): 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
rasheedatt:

I can't tell you as I don't know what you did previously to the account or the type of account you opened with them.

The bank will brief you appropriately....

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by rasheedatt(f): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
yanabasee:

I can't tell you as I don't know what you did previously to the account or the type of account you opened with them.

The bank will brief you appropriately....
savings account
Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by Kingsasian(m): 6:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
rasheedatt:
oh God why is devil trying to use Gt bank to kill me
why this time
I experienced same with GTB last year and I went to the bank with the necessary documents and it was rectified. The cause is that you received an amount of money that is more than the required amount for your type of account. Go and upgrade the account. Nothing can be done over the phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by rasheedatt(f): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kingsasian:
I experienced same with GTB last year and I went to the bank with the necessary documents and it was rectified. The cause is that you received an amount of money that is more than the required amount for your type of account. Go and upgrade the account. Nothing can be done over the phone.
I feel relieved abit
please how many hours did they take to rectify it please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by Kingsasian(m): 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2020
rasheedatt:
I feel relieved abit
please how many hours did they take to rectify it please?
it was immediate, before I left the bank
Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by rasheedatt(f): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kingsasian:
it was immediate, before I left the bank
ok I will try and look for who to help me snap my id
Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by Kingsasian(m): 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
rasheedatt:
ok I will try and look for who to help me snap my id
better do
Re: Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account by JIMMY1393: 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
rasheedatt:

As someone said above it's cos you received an amount that exceeds the limit for your type of account same thing happened to me when I was a student, got transferred a lot of money and the bank restricted my account which I had to upgrade with valid ID

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy And Ship Goods From Turkey To Nigeria ~ Mini Importation Business / Clients Can Only Pay Via Paypal, How Do I Get Around This? / How To Start Tomato Paste Production Business Here In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.