Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,266 members, 7,839,343 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum (1670 Views)

"No Gree For Anybody": Who Gives Nigeria Yearly National Motto? Police React / IPOB/Yoruba Nation: IBB Finally Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho Agitations / Chad Gives Nigeria April 22 Deadline To Occupy Territories Seized From BokoHaram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by iwaeda: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2020
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the Yoruba One Voice (YOV) have reiterated their resolve to achieve Biafra and Oduduwa Nations.

Warning of an implosion in Nigeria, they told the federal government to between now and October 1, 2021, conduct a referendum to allow citizens choose whether to leave or remain in the country.

This was contained in a joint release made available to DAILY POST on Friday.

It was signed by Sina Okanlomo, YOV General Secretary and Chika Edoziem, Head, IPOB Directorate of State.

The statement said Southern people were enduring life “with others, who do not share our own values, whose ways of life, mannerisms, ideology, are untoward, inimical, alien, hostile to our people.”

The bodies noted that it is time to boldly jettison the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended), “which was not a product of the collective will of the people.”

They said the constitution was decreed into existence by the General Abdulsalami Abubakar administration, after the annulment of June 12, 1993 general elections, “won fair and square by the late Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola.”

The signatories noted that the 1914 “forced amalgamation” has entrenched poverty, underdevelopment, mediocrity, unemployment, wanton killings, terrorism, inequality, insecurity, injustice, ethnic bigotry, religious fanaticism and breach of human rights.

IPOB and YOV said from all indications, the current leadership of Nigeria has never been committed to the fundamental objectives and directives of the principles of statehood, policies of federalism as enshrined in Chapter II of the constitution.

They stated that people of the South are tired of the terrorism, insecurity, hopelessness, injustice, killings, unemployment, inequality, corruption, scandals, violence, oppression, extortion, and repression.

“Our aspiration is to build a stable Nation for our Peoples and in this regard, we demand that there must be a referendum, so that our peoples can freely and fairly make a democratic choice, whether they want to continue with Nigeria as presently configured or seek their right to self-determination before the 2023 general elections.

“In order to prevent an implosion of sorts, we, on behalf of our people, therefore demand a proper referendum/plebiscite, to be conducted between now and the 1st of October, 2021, in accordance with the Rights of Indigenous Peoples all over the world under the law as provided in the African Union (AU) and the United Nations (UN) charters.”

The groups said if the people choose self-determination, there would be an immediate activation for the creation of Oduduwa and Biafran Nations out of Nigeria from October 2, 2021.

IPOB and YOV told Southern people stay away from Nigeria’s 60th Independence Anniversary activities.

They told them to be free from “internal colonization” and to stay at home on October 1, 2020.

The statement told agitators to be ready for further calls for peaceful and legal demonstrations.

Water Resources Bill another RUGA policy - Yoruba group
Independence Day: IPOB orders sit-at-home on October 1
Global rally for Oodua Republic will hold October 1 - Yoruba group
Biafra: Plan by Boko Haram, herdsmen to attack IPOB, MASSOB will cause war - Ohanaeze warns
Mutiny: Southwest group issues strong warning to military personnel
Kanu vs Uwazuruike: Moses ran away from Egypt to save his life - IPOB fires back at MASSOB

https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/25/biafra-oduduwa-nations-ipob-yoruba-group-reveal-plans-give-nigeria-govt-ultimatum/
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by kingzizzy: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2020
These are interesting times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by SmartProf(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2020
There must be something that has made Arewa people never to have asked to leave. Its like Lord Lugard's hand writing favoured them undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by colorsofrainbow: 10:09am On Sep 25, 2020
Is it now APC is trying to dislodge the father of Yorubas from his selfish presidential ambition that they have suddenly remembered secession
This whole Oodua shit looks premeditated as planB from somebody
I trust Buhari,python danced in the east, tiger will bite in the west. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by kaylardz(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2020
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by iwaeda: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2020
colorsofrainbow:
Is it now APC is trying to dislodge the father of Yorubas from his selfish presidential ambition that they have remembered secession
This whole Oodua shit looks premeditated as plan B from somebody
I trust Buhari,python danced in the east, tiger will bite in the west. grin grin

Lol, everyone is finding their square roots

1 Like

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by PureGoldh(m): 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2020
Dx stuff is getting more interesting
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by IJOBA2: 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2020
HELINUES MY G, HAVE YOU SEEN THIS NEWS grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by SLAP44: 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
This is becoming more interesting everyday.

1 Like

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by oskopy: 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
I never see a post as vissionles as this.why do you think that Fulani will keep Nigerians down forever?
my brother, greed for power, I am born to rule has destroyed the fulanies.its only a matter of time
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by Stand4YorubaIgbo: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Best news for me today, I was part of one Nigeria but nw one Nigeria is a scam thank u nairaland for teaching me that, I know arewa pple will not like diz news

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by iwaeda: 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
Stand4YorubaIgbo:
Best news for me today, I was part of one Nigeria but nw one Nigeria is a scam thank u nairaland for teaching me that, I know arewa pple will not like diz news

God will help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by helinues: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
Yhen Yhen Yhen
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
colorsofrainbow:
Is it now APC is trying to dislodge the father of Yorubas from his selfish presidential ambition that they have remembered secession
This whole Oodua shit looks premeditated as plan B from somebody

As a matter of fact, it has always been at the back of every average Yoruba leader to seek secession if the north eventually hand over to south west in 2023. Either break up or restructuring. They all know that Nigeria is not working and stylishly wanted to achieve the ultimate aim should the north look their way in 2023.

Unfortunately, it seems the north has understood this and planning to pull a game. What I have always advocated is for Yorubas and Igbos to come together and make bold their demand. What IPOB has been fighting should be embraced by all well meaning southerner as the way forward. The northern best bet is to get a restructured Nigeria to calm all tensions. We cannot continue to live a false country.

There is a reason Buhari has been borrowing non stop. Its all a game plan to force unity if u understand.
Nigeria has refused to work.
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by helinues: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
IJOBA2:
HELINUES MY G, HAVE YOU SEEN THIS NEWS grin

They are all joker's who do not know their left from right

1 Like

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by ThatFairGuy1: 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
Where are the agitator for Oduduwa republic please?

Are they invisible because I've not been seeing them aside their post on NL?

We jump and pass Ipob Terrorists contagious deseases in Yorubaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by Bialegend(m): 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2020
Where are our oduduwa miscreants? So you have now become miscreants and oduduwafraud? I thought the miscreants and Biafrafraud label are only for Biafrans. We no longer hear miscreants and Biafrans from the oduduwafrauds. Lol!! Hypocrites everywhere!
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by iwaeda: 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
Bialegend:
Where are our oduduwa miscreants? So you have now become miscreants and oduduwafraud? I thought the miscreants and Biafrafraud label are only for Biafrans. We no longer hear miscreants and Biafrans from the oduduwafrauds. Lol!! Hypocrites everywhere!
Nigeria is under God
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
Everyone should just go their way shikena
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by MrColdsweat: 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2020
What about the people of south-south?

What preparations are you making to show the world that you have rejected Nigeria on Oct 1st?

You conquered, docile people should wake up.

1 Like

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by updatechange(m): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
The best is yet to come grin
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by Shuzzi(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2020
Well this is getting interesting
we'll be watching grin
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by Goodmarlian: 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2020
MrColdsweat:
What about the people of south-south?

What preparations are you making to show the world that you have rejected Nigeria on Oct 1st?

You conquered, docile people should wake up.

They are Biafrans they will eventually be swallowed up by Igbo hegemony ,they think sovereignty can be achieved in one day..I laugh in hegemony. .
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by iwaeda: 10:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
Goodmarlian:

They are Biafrans they will eventually be swallowed up by Igbo hegemony ,they think sovereignty can be achieved in one day..I laugh in hegemony. .

Self determination for everybody

1 Like

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by SLAP44: 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2020
iwaeda:

Self determination for everybody

The people of south south are also making their own moves to leave Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by iwaeda: 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2020
SLAP44:

The people of south south are also making their own moves to leave Nigeria.

Every one will eventually find their roots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by slivertongue: 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
powerful combo
messi and ronaldo
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by deboysben(m): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ipob should be careful with afonja nation.

Oduduwa nation must complete what they have started in helping to make chinakwe's dog president.
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by Bialegend(m): 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
deboysben:
Ipob should be careful with afonja nation.

Oduduwa nation must complete what they have started in helping to make chinakwe's dog president.

You mean to be careful of those miscreants? Lol!
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by Blackmann001: 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
Y do I have this feelings tinubu is the sponsor of the oduduwa nation...so he can become president for life
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by Notasyouthink: 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
helinues:

They are all joker's who do not know their left from right
So in your feeble mind, you know your left from your right abi?? Clap for your brain tongue tongue tongue
Re: Biafra, Oduduwa Nations: IPOB, Yoruba Group Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum by awgumayor: 5:25am On Sep 26, 2020
When will the "We niger deltans" start their own agitation? Are they waiting for the Igbos and Yorubas to share thier lands among themselves?Let's see the real map of Niger delta and the reactions of those it included.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria May Breakup – Osinbajo Warns / How Can The Youths End Bad Governance In Nigeria, Lets Forget Protests !!! / 2023 Presidency: There’s Political Gang Up Against Igbos – Ohanaeze Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.