Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery (3208 Views)

Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? / Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 26, 2020
so I've been wanting to buy a power bank for my Samsung s9 but a friend of mine has been telling me bout how power bank spoils phone battery... but I really need it cos my phone's battery is just 3000mah.
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by emae009(m): 8:21am On Sep 26, 2020
long usage of it will weaken the battery. But it's the same thing, charging and discharging of battery will weaken it's overall capacity in the long run.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 26, 2020
My brother you better go and buy power bank and enjoy your phone, which time phone battery no go spoil, do you want to use the phone for ever? Buy power bank and enjoy your phone while it last.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by aaking(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2020
Using power bank does not spoil the battery but charging it with power bank and pressing the phone everytime will damage or weakening the battery

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by habeebu: 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
Power bank are mainly design for emergency purposes not to charge phone to d full. Kindly visit a phone repair shop to replace ur battery with a bigger battery mah

1 Like

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
habeebu:
Power bank are mainly design for emergency purposes not to charge phone to d full. Kindly visit a phone repair shop to replace ur battery with a bigger battery mah
can they really do dat shocked

1 Like

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2020
aaking:
Using power bank does not spoil the battery but charging it with power bank and pressing the phone everytime will damage or weakening the battery
Thanks bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2020
Vade1:
My brother you better go and buy power bank and enjoy your phone, which time phone battery no go spoil, do you want to use the phone for ever? Buy power bank and enjoy your phone while it last.
No be lie sha.. Thanks
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by jubrilcastle(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
aaking:
You are 100% correct. I just observe that too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by legitboss011(m): 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
TopDawg007:
so I've been wanting to buy a power bank for my Samsung s9 but a friend of mine has been telling me bout how power bank spoils phone battery... but I really need it cos my phone's battery is just 3000mah.
Your own better
Me that is using iPhone 6s with 1715mAh battery nkor
Buy your power bank n enjoy your phone

1 Like

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by goodnewscliff(m): 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2020
Buy a good power bank like romoss nd use ur phone like u charging it normal joor.... A good powerbank doesn't spoil d phones battery

1 Like

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Queed: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
Most times, power bank doesn't spoil your battery. Your battery will only wear out due to continuous charging and discharging (usage). If you have 247 power, you will most likely experience same degrading nature of the battery just as someone who frequently use powerbank. I'll also like to add that an average powerbank is far more superior than an average mains charger (in aspects such as healthy charging, safety, interference etc).
PS: Dismiss the notion that using your phone while charging it damages the battery sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2020
Queed:
Most times, power bank doesn't spoil your battery. Your battery will only wear out due to continuous charging and discharging (usage). If you have 247 power, you will most likely experience same degrading nature of the battery just as someone who frequently use powerbank. I'll also like to add that an average powerbank is far more superior than an average manis charger (in aspects such as healthy charging, safety, interference etc).
PS: Dismiss the notion that using your phone while charging it damages the battery sad
omo thanks bro... I really appreciate it
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
legitboss011:
Your own better Me that is using iPhone 6s with 1715mAh battery nkor Buy your power bank n enjoy your phone
haha YOLO
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Calabar1stSon: 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
In Nigeria we produce nothing but quick to condemn things without providing evidence.

I've had my power bank as far back as 2014 and until now and it never for once weakened my phone's battery.

Get an original power bank and flex it. Samsung s9 and iPhone don't have long lasting battery.

BTW, I use Romoss Sense 4 power bank

7 Likes

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Emeka71(m): 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
goodnewscliff:
Buy a good power bank like romoss nd use ur phone like u charging it normal joor.... A good powerbank doesn't spoil d phones battery
But is far better to use charger than to use power bank.
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2020
Emeka71:
what's the difference pls?
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by sureinfo: 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2020
truth is using a powerbank isnt as healthy as charging with electric light directly, however a good power bank should serve you well without issue, better still you can opt for device with a better battery like the pouvoir 4 that comes with a 6000mah battery
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by khingTony(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
sureinfo:
truth is using a powerbank isnt as healthy as charging with electric light directly, however a good power bank should serve you well without issue, better still you can opt for device with a better battery like the pouvoir 4 that comes with a 6000mah battery

Marketer spotted
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by sureinfo: 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
say whatever, the pouvoir 4 is an amazing power device that comes with a 6000mah battery, you cant change that grin
khingTony:

Marketer spotted
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by ProphetofOdin: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
It depends on the power bank you're using.

By the way:
If you want to make an extra cash for yourself doing a legitimate side hustle please check my signature and follow the link. No down payment all you need is your phone and you can earn as much as 400k.
This is not a fast money making scheme it takes a bit of consistency and patience by working smart with your smart phone.
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
sureinfo:
no offense bro... but I can't imagine giving up Samsung Galaxy s9 for pouvoir 4

1 Like

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by fox97(m): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
You buy d phone forever
Enjoy am forget all this long story..
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
fox97:
You buy d phone forever Enjoy am forget all this long story..
no be lie sha
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Roon9(m): 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
Unless you are using one of those low quality stuff then yea! It would
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by egopersonified(f): 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
When my last phone started having battery problem, someone said it was because of the power bank. I bought a new phone and bigger power bank. I only use the power bank to charge the phone. I never plug the phone to charge when there is light, except at the first charge over a year ago. I do this so the phone is not any wiser that there is a better power source aside from what it knows. Ignorance is bliss.

2 Likes

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
Get a power bank and enjoy your phone. Before the advent of power banks do batteries not go bad?

Buy Uraimo power bank. That's what my sweetheart got me. Its very strong and durable. It can do up to three to four charges before it goes down.

1 Like

Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by DANNYBELT(m): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by sureinfo: 9:31pm On Sep 26, 2020
ok, but personally i feel the 6000mah battery its got is very much worth the exchange
TopDawg007:
no offense bro... but I can't imagine giving up Samsung Galaxy s9 for pouvoir 4
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by goodnewscliff(m): 1:34am On Sep 27, 2020
Emeka71:
Nope.... A good power bank is d same as a charger!!! Been using romoss on my phone for 2yrs now..... No battery related ishh
Re: Hi, Is It True That Power Bank Spoils Phone Battery by Zeroenochone(m): 2:46am On Sep 27, 2020
Nigerians are fond of spinning up some untrue myths

It's just like saying that you must charge your new phone to 100% before first usage

Brother get your power bank and enjoy your phone

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia Dual Sim Phone- Any Info? / Make Your Phone A Super Fast Mobile Browser / How To Root Tecno M7 Without Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.