Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy (30401 Views)

Umar Farouq 'Weeps' As Pantami Disgraces Her At FEC Meeting - Sahara Reporters / N-power: 109,823 Beneficiaries Now Business Owners – Sadiya Umar Farouq / Buhari Won't Marry Sadia Umar Farouq - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by saphiere(f): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2020
‘Jail me but set him free’ — foreign activist writes Buhari over teenager sentenced for blasphemy

Piotr Cywinski, director of Auschwitz Memorial in Poland, says he is ready to be imprisoned in Nigeria so that Umar Farouq, a 13-year-old boy sentenced for blasphemy, can regain freedom.

A Sharia court in Kano had convicted Farouq for “using disparaging language on Allah” during a disagreement with his friend.

In a letter dated September 25 and addressed to President Muhammadu Buhari, Cywinski sought pardon for Farouq.

He said if Buhari is unable to facilitate the teenager’s release, he and 119 volunteers would serve a month in a Nigerian prison on Farouq’s behalf.

“I permit myself to write to you personally about a young boy named Omar Farouq, who was convicted recently in a Sharia court in Kano State in north-west Nigeria after being accused of blasphemy used during an argument with a friend,” he said.

“I wish to request the pardon of this 13 year old boy. Regardless of what he said, he cannot be treated as fully aware and responsible, given his age.

“If it turns out that the words of this child absolutely require 120 months of imprisonment, and even you are not able to change that, I suggest that in place of the child, 120 adult volunteers from all over the world, gathered by us myself personally among them should each serve a month in a Nigerian prison.

“In total, the price for the child’s transgression will be the same, and we will all avoid the worst.

“If you agree to grant clemency, or to the above proposal in lieu of punishment, I will make an attempt to provide financial help for the boy’s proper education. This way, instead of a destroyed young man, Nigeria will gain an aware and educated young citizen.

“You will undoubtedly agree with the statement that human rights begin with the rights of the child. I kindly ask you to consider my proposal favorably.”

https://www.thecable.ng/jail-me-but-set-him-free-foreign-activist-writes-buhari-over-teenager-sentenced-for-blasphemy

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by yanabasee(m): 11:53am On Sep 26, 2020
The ear infected slowpoke will not listen to this.... Anything to promote their slavery Sharia......

God will set Farouk free.....

To think that a governor will declare his readiness to abide by the Sharia law but will use his power to fight an emir who criticized and speak against his evil activities in the state is baffling because such governors should be facing the same Sharia.....

194 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by SpatialKing(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2020
Wow
Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by slivertongue: 11:55am On Sep 26, 2020
GMB is shocked by their request.

he is always absent minded. he is always always cut out from reality.
I pity Nigerians for electing a man detached from reality

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by sonofthunder: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
Most Nigerians don't value human life. We simply feel 'bad' over unfortunate events and awake to the next event.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by olus01(m): 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
welcome to nigeria where irrelevant things are our priority. thank God my religion is a peaceful one

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by SmartProf(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
That's a human with humanity in him. The religious bigots are a perfect reflection of inhumanity, yet they claim to be fighting for a god who doesn't even know about their existence.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by alexsoftwork(m): 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2020
This stuff, suppose dey front page.

3 Likes

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Earlystar698(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2020
That bastard would not hear this because he has ear problem Garbage shehu would release another propaganda next week Monday. Bunch of fools!

22 Likes

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by IamWonderful: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2020
that vegetative doppelganger figurehead in Aso rock should be burnt at stake

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by gbowoade85142: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
that vegetation ringer leader in Aso pop should be burnt at death_to_APC

10 Likes

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
Who be these ones again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
No sir, that's not how it works. He got 10 years because he's 13.. If you gonna replace him, the punishment is death, because you are above 18.. grin

That said, I appeal to the Nigerian government to pardon the child.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
alexsoftwork:
This stuff, suppose dey front page.

On its way to the promised land grin

7 Likes

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
IamWonderful:
that vegetative doppelganger figurehead in Aso rock should be burnt at stake

Even if you don't like him for what he did to Atiku at the ballot box, at least, respect the fact that he's old enough to be your grandfather. Show some respect.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2020
Earlystar698:
That bastard would not hear this because he has ear problem Garbage shehu would release another propaganda next week Monday. Bunch of fools!

Saying this to someone old enough to be your father's father?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Charmingrascal(m): 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
Religion of cruelty

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by bigdammyj: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
Noted
Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by HigherEd: 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
Humanity speaking. The north and south of Nigeria �� has different set of values. We may just need to go our separate ways.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by RapistOnBail: 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
angry

Fear North my people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by TinubuGoQuench(f): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
Thank you darling daddy

From All of us @MANNABIGBIGPRICK

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Mayng01(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
H
Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Gaddafi1: 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
What a country, Gandolla stole Billions of Dollas from the poor masses and he is walking free while this young boy will languish in jail. The boy may come out worse having met real criminals in jail. How on earth did we get here.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by strangest(m): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
Reno Omokris petition hitting them back to back....

Nigeria is now known to kill Christians....

6 Likes

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by godwinstringed1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
angry
Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Emmyreal4(m): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
Islam is a religion of Peace

We are tolerant and we forgive easily

Ohh... this my fever has started again

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2020
Who told you Generally Buhari will hear what you say or even read it on papers?

All you guys should do is walk up to the prison where the young lad is ,break in,release him and set there ablaze. After then,you will hear Buhari is shocked on papers the next day.

Walahi,everybody for 9ja is afraid to do something crazy. I trust my guys in US,they would have been out by now burning shops.

What an asshole country I was born into.

I need 1000 clicks and 3 orders from Nlders,pls,endeavour to check my fiverr gig and place your order,thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Juruduu01(m): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2020
So pathetic
Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2020
All these foolish CLOUT CHASERS

You think say bubu dy hear any word apart from Cow undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piotr Cywinski Writes Buhari Over Umar Farouq Sentenced For Blasphemy by solmus: 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2020
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Policemen Tortured Ayodele Olofintuade & Her Son In Ibadan / EFCC Staff Decorates Buhari At Anti-Corruption Summit In London (photo) / Soldier Murtala Danjuma Abdulsalam's Birthday Celebrated By Communities (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.