Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Our Heart Bleeds - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Heart Bleeds (1120 Views)

My Heart Bleeds: Help Before I Do Something Nasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Heart Bleeds by hentee: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2011
My wife just put to bed through a c section but our baby boy kicked the bucket the following day due to breathing problems and doctors neglience. we have been brooding since then and we want to start trying over again since it took a while for my wife to conceive but a friend of mine told me to wait for at least one year before we start trying again, but my wife refused saying it is a long time. Pls doctors in d house. must we wait till 1yr? Whats d minimum we can wait considering d fact my wife had a c section. she dosent want to go back to her doc cos of d disappointment. We are still looking for a good hospital in town. your advice will be highly appreciated. Thank u. Please join us in prayers too cos my wife is loosing it. God bless u'all.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by Lovemee(f): 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2011
so sorry to learn of the loss of your baby.  Please take heart and be strong.
I gave birth the first time thru cs, and the second, I was so foolish to believe the quack midwives that it could be without a cs.  it was a still-birth.
lemme not agonise you with the details.  after this, i took in the 2nd month and gave birth through cs delivery by good and well trained doctors and surgeons. 
we have our lessons learnt.  God gave me the strenght to bear the loss of dt baby.  And it is my prayer that he will equally give you and your wife the same strenght to go thru it all.

For advise on time to try again, you can channel your post/enquiry to the medical section.  I believe a gyno wld give you the best advise you need.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by naijafrend: 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2011
@ OP Sorry to hear about your loss !
Reg your question, I'd ask you to wait for a year, atleast. I do know a lot of people who have conceived much before completing an year after their CS, but most of them are suffering now from various ailments like back pain, hernia etc. So, keeping in mind your wife's health, it would be best to wait for an year. Also pls do change your doc if your wife is not happy with him/her. A good doctor can be more effective than drugs. I hope you come back soon to this forum to share your good news. God bless !
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by kokoye(m): 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2011
Stay strong . . for you and your wife.

I have been thru something like that . .twice so I know how you feel.

But all will be well.

The Lord is your strenght.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by mutter(f): 1:17am On Mar 02, 2011
Please accept my sympathy too.
May God take control.

Do not forget that not only the body is important. Your wife has to heal emotionally too.
Please take off this stress of getting a child and just try to make your wife happy and pet her.
The child will come in Gods time.

Stand by her and give her time to mourn and to heal. That is the most important thing now.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 02, 2011
//
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by rasputinn(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2011
Awwwwwwwww,what a shame.Please take heart,may God be with and console you guys in a way only HE knows,and may he wipe away this tear you shed today, heal your bleeding hearts and give you another reason to smile AND MAKE IT PERMANENT.

The devil is a loser.Please encourage your wife now like never before
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2011
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Hentee. My heart goes out to you and your wife.

I'm no doctor, but I would have thought it would be best to wait at least a year, before your wife gets pregnant. The CS wound needs time to heal, not sure how it'll stand up to stretching from a pregnancy so close to the procedure. I know women who've had a CS are adviced not to do any heavy lifting, at least not till after 6 weeks have elapsed. By heavy lifting, nothing heavier than the baby (sometimes she'll need help with the baby too).

All the best, I pray you'll have better news to share with us when you and your wife are blessed with a healthy baby girl or boy.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by obowunmi(m): 9:09am On Mar 02, 2011
1. See an Gyn/OB

2. Your wife must focus on her nutrition and other medical problems she may have, as she plans to take in for ur next seed.

3. She needs time to grieve, be sure to give her the space and necessary time needed.

4. Satisfy her sexually in all ways wait at least 6 months before she takes in again. 1 year is the suggested wait time but its not a
requirement.

5. Seek prayer and stay prayerful. With God all things are possible.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by hentee: 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2011
Thank you all for your anwers and prayers. She is gradually getting over the trauma. The good thing is that the doctor said she healed fast and we should start trying in 3months time. I have to see another doctor to confirm this cos am scared for another loss. God! To loose a child is something out of this world. I dont wish my worst enemy to experience this. I really felt blood dripping from my heart. Thank God for the grace to still carry on. Pls continue to remember my family and i in prayers. Stay blessed.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by Angolobabe(f): 2:14am On Mar 04, 2011
I'm sorry for your loss, My heart goes out to you and your wife. i had similar situation and i know that time heals it ,ur wife need ur support now more than ever and its important she try to find out what caused the deallth of baby and cs ,and resolve it before ttc again to avoid same problem happening again and not only does her body need healing ,she also needs to heal emotionally to be able to ttc again.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by hentee: 11:34am On Mar 04, 2011
Is a pity u experienced it too. Thank you so much for ur advice. How long did u wait ttc again?
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by Ivynwa(f): 3:59am On Mar 05, 2011
Oh Baby, I just wiped off tears for your loss. I truly felt for you guys, carrying a sweet baby to terms and losing it. Like others said support her emotionally and otherwise, more sweet babies will come. I understand that she can't wait to cuddle a baby but methinks that the C-section cut should be given a little time to heal a bit. Get the advice of 2 or three doctors, you may even gather info by searching in the internet.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by breathless(m): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2011
My heartfelt sympathy. I really do not know what soothing words to say to you and yor wife. The good lord will comfort you and repalce your loss with more than you heart desires.
I suggest try talking to "madam" takes it easy so she can recover well. Make sure she`s in good company so as to take her mind off it for now.
God will make you smile.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by adamsrib(f): 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2011
Oh my heart goes out to you and your wife. I am so very very sorry for your loss. I'm not qualified to give opinion on how long to wait, I have not had a baby yet. I'm sure the mothers here will give you excellent advice.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by mkpuluma(f): 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2011
@poster so sorry about the loss of your baby

please please for your wife and health sake

try to wait until one year or more

i have three kids all thru CS

after each delivery my Doctor strongly warned dat

i should wait for at least 2 years before getting pregnant again

which i adhered to.

BUT NOTE THAT FOR THE FACT THAT SHE GAVE BIRTH THRU CS DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL OTHER DELIVERIES WOULD HAVE TO BE THRU CS

may God strengthen u and your wife.
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ Poster

I cannot understand what you are passing through . . . I can only imagine.

I'm soo sorry for your loos and I pray that God will give you and your wife the strength to move on. sad sad
Re: Our Heart Bleeds by pattito1(f): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2011
I can't say i feel your pains,because i have not been there before,but am asking God to give u the fortitude to bear your loss.Pls be strong for your wife and your self.You will surely smile again:The Lord is your strenght.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice Me I Am Confused / Can Debt Affect A Marriage? / A Polygamist Raped To Death By His Six Wives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.