Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? (3559 Views)

Unrest In New Benin Market As A Hausa Man Stabbed An Igbo Trader To Death (video / Report: Buhari Regime Secretly Funding Welfare Programme For Boko Haram Commande / Is Nigeria Secretly Providing Weapons To Ambazonian Separatists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rosskii: 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
I will not be surprised if the NIGERIAN govt is behind this serious escalation in secessionist insurrection in Ghana via remote control.

Many Nigerians believe that Ghana needs to be taught a lesson.

They have become too arrogant and conceited. Always boasting about how 'peaceful' their country is, 'compared to Nigeria'.

Forgetting that it is Nigeria that has been guaranteeing that peace in the sub-region.

Perhaps they need this type of destabilization to humble them?

Notice how this 'Western Togoland' insurrection has arisen right after their recent harassment of Nigerians and their demolishing of part of the Nigerian embassy in Accra?

Let's see how this pans out.

The Ghanaian army is rated 28th in Africa, even below Burkina Faso.

I'll be surprised if they can handle any type of insurrection.

If Nigeria is secretly funding those rebels - and this map suggests they could be - expect an escalation.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Wizzzzmike: 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
Rosskii:

I will not be surprised if the NIGERIAN govt is behind this serious escalation in secessionist insurrection in Ghana via remote control.

They have become too arrogant and conceited. Always boasting about how 'peaceful' their country is, 'compared to Nigeria'.

Forgetting that it is Nigeria that has been guaranteeing that peace in the sub-region.

Notice how this 'Western Togoland' insurrection has arisen right after their recent harassment of Nigerians and their demolishing of part of the Nigerian embassy in Accra?

If Nigeria is secretly funding those rebels - and this map suggests it could be - expect an escalation.

Lol dude ur sooo funny hahaha LMFAO... why ur Obsessed Ghana ah nawaooo lol

4 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Graysons: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
*sigh*
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Eastlink(m): 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
Trash! We already have enough problem on our hands, stop dragging Nigeria into every nonsense. Next time, accuse Nigeria for the conflict in southern Cameroon.

7 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by happy200(m): 9:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
Rosskii:

If Nigeria is secretly funding those rebels - and this map suggests it could be - expect an escalation.

you are creating unrest here in Nairaland by opening unreasonable threads.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by illicit(m): 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2020
Nigeria ke

Can Nigeria ever fund anything

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rosskii: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
illicit:
Nigeria ke

Can Nigeria ever fund anything

It won't even cost Buhari more than 50 million dollars to fund those hungry rebels to scatter the whole of Ghana.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by daddytime(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
Garbage insinuation.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by ChimaAgbalajob: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
Although you cannot rule out a direct involvement of the Federal Government, you can at least be certain that Nigerian government is happy to see Ghana in disarray.

Ghana has continuously become the preferred investment destination in West Africa and Kotako International airport is being utilized as a regional hub by many international airlines, and Nigerian government has enviously noticed Ghana's rise as we declined.

Part of the reason we closed our border was to frustrate the increasing foreign direct investment preference of Ghana to Nigeria as their west africa regional base.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rosskii: 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
ChimaAgbalajob:
Although you cannot rule out a direct involvement of the Federal Government, you can at least be certain that Nigerian government is happy to see Ghana in disarray.

Ghana has continuously become the preferred investment destination in West Africa and Kotako International airport is being utilized as a regional hub by many international airlines, and Nigerian government has enviously noticed Ghana's rise. Part of the reason we closed our border was to frustrate the increasing foreign direct investment preference of Ghana to Nigeria.

At last, an adult voice.

I think the FG could be wary also of that 'Year of Return' programme the Ghanaians did, welcoming thousands of Afro-Americans to Ghana, granting many of them free citizenship, free land etc, while chasing and persecuting Nigerians, and demolishing part of the Nigerian embassy in Accra.

Abuja would have looked at all that with raised eyebrows I imagine.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Yujin(m): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
Lol. Interesting. The Nigerian government is too dumb to attempt such.

4 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Rosskii: 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
Western Togoland: This is first successful attack by a secessionist group in Sahel Sahara, West Africa – Prof Aning

Source: Seraphine Akua Dogbey

26 September 2020 1:02pm

Security expert Prof Kwesi Aning has described the attack on security forces by some armed men believed to be members of the Western Togoland secession group as the first of its kind in West Africa and Sahel Sahara.

The Director of the Faculty of Academic Affairs & Research at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC), said this should shape the impession and discourse held about the group.

Speaking on Newsfile with Samson Lardi Ayenini, he said the success of their actions will bring them together to achieve their aim.

“What happened yesterday is the single, most successful, first-time military attack by a secessionist group both in the Sahel Sahara and in West Africa and that is the context within which we should examine the import of what is taking place,” he said, Saturday.

His comment came as a reaction to the developments following the attack on Aveyime and Mepe Police Stations in the North Tongu District of the Volta Region by the rebel group.

Director of Faculty of Academic Affairs and Research at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre, Prof. Kwesi Aning
Prof Aning stated that the target of their attack shows actions of the group are carefully orchestrated .

“The sheer geographical expanse of where the action took place, the time that it took them to block roads, sing patriotic songs and also talk to people.

“The choice of the two police stations, the successes in over running them, tying them up, destroying state property and seizing am tells a story of careful planning, masterful execution and a clear signal to the state,” the security expert highlighted.

The Western Togolanders blocked the Mepe-Sege and Accra-Ho road at Juapong with heaps of sands thereby preventing freeflow of traffic.

The group numbering about 50 reportedly consisted of locals from Mepe, Aveyime, Battor, and surrounding communities who later chanted war songs and celebrated their successful operations.

https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/western-togoland-this-is-first-successful-attack-by-a-secessionist-group-in-sahel-sahara-west-africa-prof-aning/
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by tobechi74: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
What a wish
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Yujin(m): 11:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
Rosskii:

You are too dumb to know their history.
I can go personal on you too but I'll withhold one more time. I say that Nigeria is too dumb to attempt such one more time.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by xcellentgraphic: 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ghana should face their incoming war...does not concern us

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Atk1nson(m): 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2020
Rosskii:

If Nigeria is secretly funding those rebels - and this map suggests they could be - expect an escalation.

The only way PMB will fund it is by borrowing from China, and I heard the Chinese self are tired of his constant borrowing.

BTW , Ghana must think so highly of themselves to think we have their time.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by adaora17901: 12:46am On Sep 27, 2020
Ghana should face their arrival invasion...does not concern us

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by ruggedtimi(m): 1:28am On Sep 27, 2020
St*pid post.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Kudejo: 3:03am On Sep 27, 2020
Personally, I believe Ghana deserves worse than this and I will happily go there as an insurgent sent to help the people of western Togo land if I am ordered to do so by the Nigerian government but the fact is : Nigeria plays a strong role in peacekeeping across the continent, we regularly deploy troops to unstable countries and we have strong ties to the US, so funding a rebellion in a neighbouring country would be out of the question (but then again we closed our borders knowing it would mean the loss of 200million potential customers to neighboring countries so I can't completely denounce this theory)
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 27, 2020
You're only being clever by half presenting Nigeria as having might. "Giant of Africa" is only talk but no action. The reality is Nigeria is a failed state and neither has the intelligence to carry out advanced espionage nor fund uprising in another country. Nigeria can't even protect it's territory.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by stonemasonn: 4:19am On Sep 27, 2020
BankOfCalabar:
You're only being clever by half presenting Nigeria as having might. "Giant of Africa" is only talk but no action. The reality is Nigeria is a failed state and neither has the intelligence to carry out advanced espionage nor fund uprising in another country. Nigeria can't even protect it's territory.
It can fund uprising, don't underestimate the devils we have in Nigeria, the money is there, but unlike OBJ, PMB is not interested in foreign affairs except Fulani affairs.
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2020
Rosskii:

Nigeria is a complicated country, and I wouldn't be surprised. Some quarters in the government created Boko Haram internally till it became a menace. It's fair to say, Nigeria has the money and experience to pull this off
Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 27, 2020
BankOfCalabar:
You have no idea what a failed state is, so please delete this

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Secretly Funding Unrest In Ghana? by selemempe: 8:28am On Sep 27, 2020
Rosskii:

At last, an adult voice.

I think the FG could be wary also of that 'Year of Return' programme the Ghanaians did, welcoming thousands of Afro-Americans to Ghana, granting many of them free citizenship, free land etc, while chasing and persecuting Nigerians, and demolishing part of the Nigerian embassy in Accra.

Abuja would have looked at all that with raised eyebrows I imagine.
the butterfly thinks itself a bird cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arrest Sunday Igboho Now OR ELSE... ! (PICTURES) / Igboland Has More Land Than Japan (see Facts) / BREAKING: Emefiele Gets 72-Hour Ultimatum To Resign Or Be Sacked By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.