Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today (14666 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by kareemkamil(m): 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2020
Because church isn't in the bible
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by booz(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
Down with crazy malaria and common cold, left wifey and kids to go, with only me behind. I can't allow those temperature checkers at the entrance on the church bundle me for Covid-19 test...
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Ezini(f): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
danyero:
No longer a Christian.

Are you joking or you meant it
Some people might take you serious she
Jesus is coming back
That you believe it or not wont change what God has promised
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
danyero:
No longer a Christian.
Wow, what could be the reason?
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by favy19(f): 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I haven't yet found the kind of church in the book of Acts yet.

I'm still searching... Maybe one day because that my kind of church, my kind of mindset, my kind of commitment, my kind of focus, my kind of Word which is the Words Of Jesus!

I hope to find one soon, if I don't find one, it means I might have to start one.

But in the meantime, I'd keep preaching the Words of Jesus and i'm doing great because God's with me so I don't need to be in church building to feel His presence.

God bless.
deeper life is there for u
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by krushdripper(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
I don't like noise, especially on weekends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
NaijaBoy213:
Why are you not in church today?
Give us a tangible reason.

Mine: seriously, I Don't Have Offering.

Left a long time ago when I noticed most Christians do not practice what they preach and are innately wicked, even so called family members! Also, not a fan of social gatherings, never comfortable with them!
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2020
RapistOnBail:
sad

I can’t keep serving an imaginary idol who brings chaos to both living and non living things.

My eyes don open.

Exactly! Remember their bible says their God is "slow to anger" and does things in his own "time and season", whatever that means SMH.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
EyezofGod120:
angry one babe dey find me come by 11

My nigga! Fornication on a Sunday? Na you biko! I want to be like you sir when I grow up lol wink
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
JaceBlaze:
Haven't gone to church for the past 15 years.What am I missing there?

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Xantosdamy(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
financial reasons
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by omoharry(f): 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Becos I am sick and tired of religion, but I believe in God . I pray at home and read my bible and I am at peace with my self.

There is nowhere in the Bible that says if you don't go to church you will go to hell...Just have a good relationship with God, keep his commandment and love your neighbor as yourself ..Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
kennyz247:
mine is serious ooo
I've been praying and fasting for over four years now,still no job,a graduate for dat matter,,,...
like my prayers is not been answered in d church I worship ,so I decide to kukuma stay for house and think for my self...

Remember their Bible says God does things in his own "time and season", whatever that means lol. I guess it is not God's "time and season" for you lol. We in the same boat, unemployed since 2018 and no job, just seeing teaching jobs that I hate with passion these days SMH.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
Our church never open o
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
ucheuzor1:

Real nigga grin

Enjoying free service, does not want to pay "tithes and offerings" for it lol. My real nigga grin

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
iramure:
but if you fail to bring money to church, the pastor will make you seem you have committed a heinous crime

Abi o

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
edoairways:
I stop attending because of unanswered prayers. No point wasting my time praying for more than a decade without results

One of my reasons too! My own unanswered prayers has been since January 2010, more than 10 years and still counting!

Modified - It is getting answered now. I just got a job today and no stress whatsoever at the job, pay is good too. Returning to church this Sunday. God can answer your prayers, just ask him and he will do it, it might just take a little time. Have a great day Nairalanders!

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
Xmuslim:
they will tell you God has a better plan for you that you should be patient grin. Or

Your sin is too much that's why God is not answering you grin. Or

Your faith is weak grin. or

Other lies grin grin grin

You forgot their Bible says their God does things in his own "time and season", that saying alone is enough cause for and to worry for sensible people. Just saying o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by panmunium(m): 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
Cos I just came back from work and really tired
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by JIMMY1393: 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
danyero:
I examined my belief and realized it does not hold up to reality. I was a Christian because I was born into it, I could easily have been born Muslim or Hindu or to one of the many other religions.

So an atheist now?
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by GAMZYTK: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
Na work too much ooo...obedience is better than sacrifice
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by bluefilm: 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
Can never wear a face mask

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by ike95: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SOLUTION FOR WHAT?
solution for your eternity, that's life after death.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Amyyy2020: 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I haven't yet found the kind of church in the book of Acts yet.

I'm still searching... Maybe one day because that my kind of church, my kind of mindset, my kind of commitment, my kind of focus, my kind of Word which is the Words Of Jesus!

I hope to find one soon, if I don't find one, it means I might have to start one.

But in the meantime, I'd keep preaching the Words of Jesus and i'm doing great because God's with me so I don't need to be in church building to feel His presence.

God bless.

Well, it's the same God who said we shouldn't forsake the gathering of believers

Good luck with ur search, I pray it doesn't take long.... Meanwhile, u can come worship with us "Living Faith Church". It might just be ur sort-for church �
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by danowena: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
MisterGrace:
I don't feel like.

Too many hypocrites in the church.

Too many corrupt pastors and politicians in the church.

The only girl I ever loved in my life was snatched by a pastor who was supposed to be our counselor.

Too many wicked people in the church maltreating their house help or their husband relations.

I no dey do again.

Anything church just dey vex me.

I am a Christian, but I no dey eye service poo.
This is especially to the members of churches that insist on tieing ur head, no trousers and no ear rings. So dissappointing.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by membranus: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
SilverNorGold:
Watching BBN

Hahaaa!!! On Sunday!!!

Fear GOD oooo.

Stop watching BBN

Bad for your spiritual health.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by uyogabie(f): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
I am a convert, became a Catholic, attended several churches ,like mountain of fire,believers love world e.t.c.I am got married to a Redeemer eventually and have been a member since I got married.I've been a committed member heading a department.

If you know the level of envy and jealousy I've encountered this past few years? You can only imagine.Not to mention the competition within the different parishes.I got fed up since the beginning of this year.

I am still a Christian but I am my church.I join online services most time though.I am more at peace.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by JIMMY1393: 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
Zetty177x:
I think I have many reasons:

First I have issues with pastors and certain members. The Pastors think they are holier than thou. They feel they are closer to God..than you. Many pastors n their followers don't have the fruit of the spirit. We have seen their behavior can I start to mention? See the way Ibiyiemi behaved recently?...some xtians will tell u not to look at them but Christ. But when they want to collect tithe , they won't ask Christ directly for the tithe.. I remember I went to Mountain of Fire at Igbefun Round about Lekki..the ushers removed chair from my waist..I almost fell on the ground...I was waiting after closing for friend inside...not even up to 5mins, they came like rioters, dragging chairs...na wa for those people

Another reason is offering n tithe.i prefer to give to the poor than these jet and Aeroplane, designer wearing pastors. They are so worldly ..
they fry their hair and marry fair and the most beautiful ladies. They hardly marry the ugly ones.

Summary..in Nigeria, church is business.

I prefer to worship God at home and do good deeds. He lives in me. I love my God. I don't need a fellow human to tell me he sees God ..or God spoke to him

I agree with you bro but that you point if them not marrying ugly females dey funny me lmao....I'm sure Jesus too would have married a beautiful woman

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Kunja2: 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nemeka:
Just disinterest
thanks for the new word
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
Chichi came over last nite
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by kennyz247(m): 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
yemi1504:

Remember their Bible says God does things in his own "time and season", whatever that means lol. I guess it is not God's "time and season" for you lol. We in the same boat, unemployed since 2018 and no job, just seeing teaching jobs that I hate with passion these days SMH.
God will help us ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by yemi1504: 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
kennyz247:
God will help us ooo
Abi o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

All Fulfilled Prophecies In The Bible: Apart From End Time Prophecies. / The Untold Story of Job By Johnydon22 / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.