Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? (2006 Views)

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Frenzy01(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2020
I no longer believe in religion or going to church, this development is quite surprising due to my upbringing in a staunch Christian home.

I find myself laughing sometimes unconsciously when someone mentions prayers as a solution to a problem.
Maybe this is due to the fact that I've prayed and fasted for years for a financial breakthrough but all to no avail.

When I see people that are less religious or morally corrupted doing well and presiding over the overly religious people, I feel bad the more.

I don't wanna believe anymore in chopping life for heaven, I wanna Live a good life also here on Earth.

I hope I'm not going over the board?
I hope everything is still normal with me?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by poiunt: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2020
I am not religious but i believe in religion.

Whether you are Christian, Muslim or you worship the the African Gods, to have a sane society, religion is very important.

Actually religion have been the foundation of society and of human development.

All political, banking, economic development all came from religion.

The reason why you are revolting is because of the strict and radical rules you guys have in your church.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by kingxsamz(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2020
Good.
It means you're gradually coming back to your default state, and also to your senses.
We weren't born as Christians or Muslims.
We didn't uphold any belief whatsoever, not until we were fed fictional stories as facts.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by daddytime(m): 11:14am On Sep 27, 2020
Na too much of everything is bad dey cause am.

Those of us wey dem use eba abuse well well as small children dey vex at the site of am now wey we don mature.

That's what's happening to you and it's very normal and natural.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2020
Frenzy01:
I no longer believe in religion or going to church, this development is quite surprising due to my upbringing in a staunch Deeper life Christian home.

I find myself laughing sometimes unconsciously when someone mentions prayers as a solution to a problem.
Maybe this is due to the fact that I've prayed and fasted for years for a financial breakthrough but all to no avail.

When I see people that are less religious or morally corrupted doing well and presiding over the overly religious people, I feel bad the more.

I don't wanna believe anymore in chopping life for heaven, I wanna Live a good life also here on Earth.

Yes you are normal!

And because you have been hiding in church deceiving yourself and others, God, Said He Was going to do what He said He was going to do, which has now been done.

Therefore, your True Nature and Desires have come out and are Coming out, hence your judgement.

Rapture! Rapture! Rapture is Here!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by lomprico(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Frenzy01:
I no longer believe in religion or going to church, this development is quite surprising due to my upbringing in a staunch Deeper life Christian home.

you are begining to think critically!
it's very normal for those who have gotten to that level intellectually

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Mutemenot(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2020
You aren't alone, religion has done more harm than good. Infact it irritates .e when people talk of religion. My own religion is just to live good life

3 Likes

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:27am On Sep 27, 2020
lomprico:

you are begining to think critically!
it's very normal for those who have gotten to that level intellectually

grin surely you mean level of Increased Stupidly as hpagan said. grin
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by lomprico(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin surely you mean level of Increased Stupidly as hpagan said. grin

undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Akinboyowa(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2020
honestly, u nt an athiest u knw y? because from your writeup I still sense sm principle of natural justice from your words.. God can do all things but talking from reality God will Neva do sm things for us you know y? because he has already given us d brain to do sm certain things
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Mutemenot:
You aren't alone, religion has done more harm than good. Infact it irritates .e when people talk of religion. My own religion is just to live good life

See the exhibition of stupidity I talked about, he said "religion has done more harm than good" then he says "My own religion is" grin

But I understand! grin
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Coder2Client(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Frenzy01

This is one of the reasons why many Christians are missing it. Why would you believe in religion or church when Christ Jesus did not come to establish religion but to give salvation? Believing in religion or church will bring about questioning the authority of religion and church.

I find myself laughing sometimes unconsciously when someone mentions prayers as a solution to a problem. Maybe this is due to the fact that I've prayed and fasted for years for a financial breakthrough but all to no avail.

This is another point Christians should look at. Not all problems need prayer, in fact, before you pray about any problem or challenge it is important for individuals to examine what the root cause of the problem is and how to get solutions to the problem instead of fasting and praying for what God has given us knowledge to solve.

What work for the less religious people might not work your way. Have you taken the time to check out the spirit filled people that are doing well, we have them in their millions?

You can live a good life on earth not only following the principles of Christianity but principles of life. Life has its own principles. Whether you are a Christian or not.

You are not. Your current situation makes you feel like that, if you are not in this situation you won't be thinking this way.

1 Like

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Twelfthman: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2020
At some point I was was thinking like you too and that is true with most other people as well but not until i had a divine encounter which drew me closer to God...
When you know God all your questions will be answered. Think of it as a father & son type of relationship.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2020
I am a deeper life member also and I really thank God for the sound foundational doctrine I received years ago. Although I was religious then, going to retreats and other activities but not until I gave my life to Christ. Knowing God experientially is more superior than any Church philosophy.
Frenzy01:

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2020
Akinboyowa:
honestly, u nt an antiest u knw y? because from your writeup I still sense sm principle of nature justice from your words.. God can do all things but talking from reality God will Neva do sm things for us you know y? because he has already given us d brain to do sm certain things

Na, he did not believe in it before, but was deceiving himself and others, to try to believe in it, but now, he is tired and wants to come out of the closet and be his True Self!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by FatherOfJesus: 11:37am On Sep 27, 2020
"I'm not religious but I believe in religion"

Oxymoron
poiunt:

Whether you are Christian, Muslim or you worship the the African Gods, to have a sane society, religion is very important.

The reason why you are revolting is because of the strict and radical rules you guys have in your church.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:44am On Sep 27, 2020
Twelfthman:
At some point I was was thinking like you too and that is true with most other people as well but not until i had a divine encounter which drew me closer to God...
When you know God all your questions will be answered. Think of it as a father & son type of relationship.

Lucky you! I hope you will never lose this Great Gift that you have luckily received and that you would rather Learn All That He Teaches so that you may Grow to Become A Mighty Tree that all may take refuge thereunder.

1 Like

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by FatherOfJesus: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Lucky you! I hope you will never lose this Great Gift that you have luckily received and that you would rather Learn All That He Teaches so that you may Grow to Become A Mighty Tree that all may take refuge thereunder.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
---
--

grin Yeah, that is what the Robbers in church and in your families say!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by geoworldedu: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2020
Hmm, brother, even me wey I pick up my bible this morning maybe I can be reconverted back to Christianity, see what happened.

The spirit of God asked me to read the book of Jeremiah chapter 19 as my study chapter. I was already almost getting converted when all of a sudden I was so shocked when I came across this quote:

Jeremiah 19:9 And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

Please strong Christians in the house, what message do you think this passage is trying to pass across to me? Why is God saying this kind of corrupt and negative confession? Was God crazy or drunk when he said this? Abi e no wan better for God?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
Frenzy01:

JUST LIKE YOU, I THOUGHT I WAS INSANE TO NOT BELIEVE IN DEITIES UNTIL 6 YEARS AGO WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT THERE WERE MILLIONS LIKE ME ON THIS FORUM AND EVERYWHERE ELSE ON AND OFF THE INTERNET.
YOU'RE PERFECTLY NORMAL AND LEAVING RELIGION WOULD BE ONE OF THE BEST DECISIONS YOU'LL MAKE IN YOUR LIFE.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by jmoore(m): 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
The "intelligent" ones have already arrived. They believe Apes are their cousins.

@Op, did the Bible tell you to fast for financial breakthrough?

Some of you Christians don't really study the Bible.

When you don't know your Bible, you are likely to be blown away by 'hurricane atheism'.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
geoworldedu:
Hmm, brother, even me wey I pick up my bible this morning maybe I can be reconverted back to Christianity, see what happened.

The spirit of God asked me to read the book of Jeremiah chapter 19 as my study chapter. I was already almost getting converted when all of a sudden I was so shocked when I came across this quote:

Jeremiah 19:9 And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

Please strong Christians in the house, what message do you think this passage is trying to pass across to me? Why is God saying this kind of corrupt and negative confession? Was God crazy or drunk when he said this? Abi e no wan better for God?

See trap oh!

Are you not already doing what you like, if E sweet you to dey Insult God, you don already dey do am, so also if you bin dey gbadun God, you go do am.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by geoworldedu: 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

See trap!

Are you not already doing what you like, if E sweet you to dey Insult God, you don already dey do am, so also if you bin dey gbadun God, you go do am.

What are you saying that doesn't follow at all? Mtchew.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
geoworldedu:
What are you saying that doesn't follow at all? Mtchew.

Bros, my guy Solo saw God or rather heard from God Himself, yet he diligently sought to see if there was another god.

As a man decideth, so is he!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
poiunt:

YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by geoworldedu: 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Bros, my guy Solo saw God or rather heard from God Himself, yet he diligently sought to see if there was another god.

As a man decideth, so is he!
doesn't follow again.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Hier(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Frenzy01:

The Bible compels us to work sir. Prayers is to make all spiritual hinderance go away, but the physical side would be done by us. I believe the reason God created flesh and bone is for work

Genesis 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

We could pray for Jobs, but what matters the most according to the scriptures is eating and having clothes

1 Timothy 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Paul also added that there were times he had nothing

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Peace
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Karlovich: 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Religion is a complete waste of time

1 Like

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Fairbanks(m): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
Frenzy01:

Not only u in this case brother, mine was caused by great disappointment I got in so called men of God I walked with in my chronic Christian journey especially the last one got my heart shattered beyond repair. Now I only believe directly to God, pray directly to God, fast when my heart wishes, wake up in d midnight to praise or pray as normal as I can and not through any idiotic church or fake men of Satan under d pretext of religion. I don't believe in religion again I only believe in Jesus and I believe there is most sovereign Great God. Only thing that left me bn classified as an atheist.
So Op I once felt d way u felt that unreligious people tend to be successful that d Christian fanatics and thats what cleared my mind and re-set my brain that is not by religion. the only thing I think one should learn from religion is just to do good and know how to do good, getting deeper in it to fanatical level we reduce ur sense of normal reasoning and many good things outside will elude u. So Op I understand ur plight but all in all still stick to Romans 8:35-39 and never lose ur sense of believing in God but I won't ever advice u to go back to church or been fooled by any jobless graduate that turned himself to pastor in d name of religion. Therefore, u can stay away from religion but still believe in God. Religion is quiet different from belief. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by gbowoade85142: 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
:homies, my dude Solo saw God or rather heard from God Himself, yet he diligently sought to see if there was another goddess.As a woman decideth, so is he!doesn't follow again.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dantedasz(m): 12:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
poiunt:

@Emboldened,
Could you please explain this to me as if I am ten years old?? cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? / Did Jesus Tell Lies? / Wives Hindering Husbands Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.