Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) (34172 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by TMSMedia: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language And She Replies Amazingly (Video)

Award-winning author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has shared a rare video with her daughter, IgbereTV reports.

In the video, Chimamanda is seen praising her daughter's in Igbo language and the girl joined in to complete her mother's sentences.

Chimamanda shared the video on Instagram with the caption:

"And one day I will tell her that my hailing her, this love-drenched litany of affirmation, is because my father hailed me too."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFoTuZNAYXC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MGu56dTnWk

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by janedonez(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lovely, parents should learn to form bonds with their kids, it helps a lot in their formation.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by SHEAU(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Xcelinteriors(f): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nwanyi oma

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Awwwww kiss kiss kiss kiss

This is just so cute and lovely. kiss kiss kiss kiss

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nuttella:
Can the daughter speak Benin language which is her father's language?
Are you still not satisfied with the 2 year old girl able to speak igbo language fluently?
Dis world sef!
Organicist95:
Where is her husband grin
Probably in your wardrobe! grin

Shuubbee:
Igbo amaka
Kedu.......

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Uyi168: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
See her enjoying marriage while she keeps decieveing the senseless gullibles with her one nonsense feminism..
angry

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Obalatule: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
Any Igbo parent that fails to raise their kids with igbo language from the very first is putting them at a great disadvantage by forcing them to learn such a morphologically and phonetically complex language from the Outside later in their life.......it can be hard and frustrating as I've been told.

Instruct your Igbo kids in their native language from the onset, they will thank you for it later in their lives

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by luscioustrish(f): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
My favorite author... Americana is still evergreen
Igbo Amaka kiss

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Shuzzi(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lovely bond

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
The feminists ignoring this thread like

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by AbamOnyerubi: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
post=94374654:
Awwwww
undecided

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Gabe427: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
nice
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by oloriLFC(f): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
Whether they are based in Nigeria or abroad, teaching your kids your native language is good na. Not blowing grammar every time

27 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Obalatule: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yes
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Heffalump(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
She's a good mother for helping with the mother tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
Should we now say IGBOAMAKA?

16 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by oluxy(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by meobizy(f): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
A contemporary famous woman without bikini pictures of any sort, is that one a contemporary famous woman? Mscheew.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by smile11s(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Igbo Amaka. God’s own language. Language of creation. She must be proud to be Igbo.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by EdmundChidera(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
she should also allow her to speak Igbo well enough because most igbos nowadays doesn't teach their kids the Igbo language especially those outside igbo zones. In fact some Igbo parents even in Igbo zones doesn't allow their woke kids to speak Igbo. Igbo amaka anyways

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Guyman02: 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
The fact that she lives abroad and her kids speak fluent Igbo deserves some respect. Many Igbo women in Nigeria want their kids to speak queens English at the detriment of their kids and the language

26 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Offpoint1: 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
My problem right now: why is one comment not always enough for that BBGriller on every thread?

How can someone be commenting 3 to 6 times on a single thread? I don't get it... What manner of "Notice me" is that? Is there some sort of reward for it?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Hoojay(f): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
That's a product of long and thick BANANA grin

Patronize your babe o kiss

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by GallantDuke(m): 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
We should be proud of our cultural heritage

I will teach my children Igbo language despite where ever I am

13 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by uromii: 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
Igbo amaka that's all :oIgbo amaka that's all

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
Can the daughter speak Benin language which is her father's language?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
Where is her husband grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by faithfull18(f): 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
Seen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In The Name Of Love / Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC / My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.