Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) (34227 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Syrusvirus: 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
winkmart:
The Igbos are good people with great hospitality. I served in Awka and it was a good time. I rarely pay in restaurants. I was quite young and most indigenes were thrilled to see a cute young corper like me...they showered me with gifts everywhere grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I hardly pay t fare
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by TuFab(f): 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
Meanwhile many/most Yoruba parents stop their kids from speaking their language, calling it vernacular.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by InvertedHammer: 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
/
This one dey enjoy her marriage but just dey deceive lonely, bitter feminists. They believe in their minds that she is one of them not knowing that madam just dey tell them wetin dem wan hear as most of them no fit handle the truth

/

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Hathor5(f): 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
This one dey enjoy her marriage but just dey deceive lonely, bitter feminists. They believe in their minds that she is one of them not knowing that madam just dey tell them wetin dem wan hear as most of them no fit handle the truth

/

Where exactly did you read that feminists can't be happily married?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by WoundedLamb: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
I like the fact that the kids speak their language while living out here. Wish I could... cry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by nextstep(m): 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nuttella:
Can the daughter speak Benin language which is her father's language?

That's for the father to do, not so?

Mother is doing her part, which is why we're happy.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by WoundedLamb: 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/

/

Did she tell anyone not to get married? Does being a feminist imply one isn't interested in marriage?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by nextstep(m): 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
Guyman02:
The fact that she lives abroad and her kids speak fluent Igbo deserves some respect. Many Igbo women in Nigeria want their kids to speak queens English at the detriment of their kids and the language

And the funny thing is: until 10 years old, a child can learn any number of languages, and pronounce them all flawlessly. So parents should not be ashamed to teach their children Igbo, in addition to Queens English.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by WoundedLamb: 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
bukatyne:
No interpretation so we can enjoy the praises? Is this like family oriki in Yoruba?

To think she once expressed displeasure over Hilary Clinton describing herself as a mother or wife: I can't remember which now.

I hope she reaches out to Barack Obama too: he has dad and husband on his Instagram bio before president.

It wasn't really a displeasure.

She said she was curious as regards what motivated Hillary to go by that description and Hillary clarified that it wasn't political but a personal preference. Ms Adiche is proudly married and if you follow her interviews, you'd know she appreciates her family and marriage. Being a feminist is about women empowerment and gender equality, and shouldn't stop anyone from being happily married. Just saying...

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by mariahAngel(f): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
Xcelinteriors:
Nwanyi oma

Ihe m chere n'obi'm
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Badonasty(m): 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lol...this isn’t news...it’s news if she praises her in Yoruba and she replies in Yoruba
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by gwama: 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2020
Why hidden your child face? If you don't want to show you girl face, it more simple to don't produced the video with her. Disease of show off for yeyebrites. cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
The blessings you get when you marry a man with white blood- peace and tranquility.

Madam, you chose well.

Say no to problematic negroes.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by sweetilicious(f): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
When am I having this twins
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by iamlinco(m): 12:15am On Sep 28, 2020
Nuttella:
Can the daughter speak Benin language which is her father's language?
What a question
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Polchiz(m): 12:56am On Sep 28, 2020
Hathor5:

A feminist can never be happy even outside marriage. They live all their frustrated life hating men.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Polchiz(m): 12:58am On Sep 28, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Did she tell anyone not to get married? Does being a feminist imply one isn't interested in marriage?
A feminist sees men as her enemy that must be conquered. How can you live happily with your enemy under the same roof.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by WoundedLamb: 1:01am On Sep 28, 2020
Polchiz:

A feminist sees men as her enemy that must be conquered. How can you live happily with your enemy under the same roof.

A feminist sees men as an enemy?

Now, I'm beginning to understand why you guys in Africa don't like the word "feminist".

So if feminism is enmity with men, what then is misandry?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 28, 2020
At first when I watched this video, I didn't feel like commenting. I was just overwhelmed with the love and conscious effort Chimamanda is putting to raise her daughter into a lovely and blessed woman.

I just came back here to type Chimamanda is a great woman and mother. God bless her and may she reap the fruits of her labor.

Women like her and Beyonce are changing the world view about women and also, most importantly, raising a generation of women filled with strength, love, and compassion.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by InvertedHammer: 1:59am On Sep 28, 2020
Hathor5:

/
There are commercial feminists and militant feminists. The commercials sell while the militants buy.

I see the commercial feminists (Chimamanda and co) like the pastors that move around with armed body guards but sell stickers to the congregation for protection. Mugu fall, guy man chop.

/

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Imefonukoenin11: 2:41am On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Yourlove: 8:01am On Sep 28, 2020
Family is everything, can't wait to start a family.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by luscioustrish(f): 11:20am On Sep 28, 2020
Saltybear:
you need to read purple hibiscus

I've read it
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 28, 2020
luscioustrish:

I've read it

So in your opinion, which of her books is the best ?

That is assuming you have read all of them
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by luscioustrish(f): 11:24am On Sep 28, 2020
Saltybear:

So in your opinion, which of her books is the best ?

That is assuming you have read all of them

Personally, Americana
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 28, 2020
luscioustrish:

Personally, Americana

Hmmmm

Well it is a brilliant book though

Alright, we disagree but all is well

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video) by trendyteekay: 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2020
Little things that flutter the heart. Kind words and appreciation are way underrated. Thanks for this.
winkmart:
The Igbos are good people with great hospitality. I served in Awka and it was a good time. I rarely pay in restaurants. I was quite young and most indigenes were thrilled to see a cute young corper like me...they showered me with gifts everywhere grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cancel Chimamanda Adichie's Lecture At University Of Cape Town - SRC / My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie / In The Name Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.