Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me (3952 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / Is It Wrong Or I Am Over Reacting / The Wrong Perception Of African Women About Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by mrdharkchild(m): 1:52am On Sep 28, 2020
I am the power source, all other powers are a division of the power source, I shared them, they can never out power the source. Your science says energy can neither b created nor destroyed but can only be transferred from forms to another. I am the Energy.

1 Like

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by franchasng: 2:09am On Sep 28, 2020
ThatIgboBoy:
Hello fam
I need your in put on this topic.
There is a lady I want to get married to. But we keep having one particular problem.
We both work. But she is of the opinion that her money belongs to her and she might decide to help out or not.
I am of the opinion that as a couple we have to work things out together. I dont expect her to pay any bill for me but to help out as a help mate. She flatly refused that her money is her money and she might decide to help or not. And that I should not have it in mind that she might help me. That the role of the man as the head of the house is to take care of everything.
I dont know if my perception is wrong here. I need experienced married folks to advice me.
I am going to advice you like a brother who is also happily married.

Listen, don't make mistake of marrying the wrong lady in this life..marriage is simple and sweet if you marry a mature, understanding and well trained lady. Romantic love and sex romps are never good reasons to marry anybody.

I am married. I worked but no longer working but an employer.

My wife is working, and earning very good salary all thanks to her profession..before I married her, I never had the intention or wished for my wife to contribute a dime to our family, I wanted to be the all and all of my future family when I was single so I worked so hard and God being on my side, fortune smiled on me and I was doing very well before I married and I chose the Lady I married not marriage by mistake or pressure.

I had a harem of ladies; I mean gorgeous ladies, including foreign ladies which my wife then one of my gfs knew.

I silently observed her way of life, her personality, her beliefs, her vision and her dreams, and I was satisfied before I decided to marry her.

I had the money to do a one in town wedding that will appear on all media platforms online and offline, but right from my time as a boy I hated wedding ceremonies so I did the most quiet, coded wedding that guests were invited, screened, packaged and re screened, no phones, no uninvited photographers, no wedding dance, no high table, no gifting, I gave out gifts, I didn't need anything from anybody, all I needed was witnesses to the wedding.

My wife accepted it; 99.99% of Nigerian ladies of today will never accept it, talkless of a hot looking medic, you know how our ladies wish to do their wedding in the moon but my wifey accepted it. This is where you start to know the kind of lady you are getting married to, the wedding planning time. Shine your eyes during that time, it will open your eyes to the type of woman you are planning to marry. But many guys don't pay attention here, they get carried away by fun fair and what I don't know. Honestly its not good to rush into marriage as a guy, take your time. I did, and it paid off.

To tell you the type of Lady she is, she insisted that she would pay for our flight ticket to and fro our wedding location, I laughed because I already booked. She went behind me and paid the caterers which she hired through her elder sister. She wanted to contribute at all cost despite knowing that I can afford the whole thing. That gave me joy.

My wife is ready to empty her savings to solve family problems even before I get to know.

She knows that I pay my company admin who happens to be the highest ranking staff on my payroll, half of her salary, yet my wife doesn't care, she spend her salary on little issues even when I tell her not to do it.

She recently gave birth to our first baby, because both of us are so occupied, we hired a nanny to look after our little boy, my wife pay this nanny from her salary even before I know. I warned her not to try it again that I have already made provision for the nanny to be paid as my staff, that she should stop it and save her salary for some other bigger projects for herself and assisting people she wish to assist without my knowledge but she insist that she wants to be paying the nanny herself.

Maybe because I told her to resign until the baby is like 1yr six months then she can go back to work which she refused that her profession won't work that way so I allowed her keep her job.

But all I am trying to say is this; be wise, look for a virtuous lady and marry. Don't marry all these social media freaky ladies that have mastered all the cunning lifestyle on earth and waiting to practice it in their marriage and already seeing every man as a bad man suspect.

My wife only uses social media for work, family, few friends, and news. I am the one helping her to catch up..she is such an angel lady and there are million ladies like her, look for them, leave that stingy daughter of Jezebel to go marry men that will reset her stingy, wicked brains.

What else are you making money for if not for your family and loved ones and to help those in dire need

Sorry to say she is a bad woman with very bad upbringing and probably have lots of negative encounters with different men. Run from ladies with lots of negative experience with other guys, they are usually bitter and stupidly smart.

Whenever I read some married people's negative story, I keep wondering how because my marriage has been so sweet and smooth, its as if I am still single self, no stress, no worries, God bless my wifey grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by frozen70(f): 4:08am On Sep 28, 2020
ThatIgboBoy:
Hello fam
There is a lady I want to get married to. But we keep having one particular problem.
We both work. But she is of the opinion that her money belongs to her and she might decide to help out or not.
I am of the opinion that as a couple we have to work things out together. I dont expect her to pay any bill for me but to help out as a help mate. She flatly refused that her money is her money and she might decide to help or not. And that I should not have it in mind that she might help me. That the role of the man as the head of the house is to take care of everything.
I dont know if my perception is wrong here. I need experienced married folks to advice me.

The moment a man shows interest in a woman's money the more difficult it will be for the man to have access to her money

A woman who will spend for you will spend her money on you and never made reference to it
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by emmaodet: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2020
SmartProf:
From all indications she is a very selfish/stingy lady and her love for u if it exists at all is strictly conditional. These are the type of women that if you run into issues with paying ur children's fees, they will rather allow the kids to be sent home from school rather than support their fees, and brainwash those kids to feel you are an irresponsible father who cares less about them. Women like her won't permit u to eat from ur home if at any point in time you are financially constrained to support feeding. Pls allow her to remain happily married to her money. You can even encourage her to print her face on all naira notes she owns. Look, there are still good women who are ready to be a support system to build a home together with a decent man. Don't convince her anymore else you are telling us indirectly that u want to invest in what will aid u commit sucide someday. You are extremely lucky she decided to open up on her true nature about her financial perception in marriage cos just like egungun, na express you dey go. Keep off that lady, infact maintain social distancing cos with her in your life, there is danger ahead.

grin

1 Like

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by Dalil8: 7:45am On Sep 28, 2020
ThatIgboBoy:

That's her orientation oo

That I should look at her as if she is not working.
Thst her sister not working does not supports her husband.
Told her that's a different case. That's understandable and moreover tla wise husband would look for a way to help her get a job or start a business. The sisters husband just opened this paga business for her.
She said no way. That I should see her as not doing anything. That her money is hers. How many times does a man buy a shoe in a year? That her own is to take care of such things for herself and I the man should take care of the family. That if she starts adding to the family it will make me become relaxed and lazy.
Moreover I am not asking her to pay major Bills. Just minor things she can contribute to the house on her own volition. I am not apportioning responsibilities to her.

With all the advice, you're still sounding like you wanna go ahead with the marriage plans.

Anyway sha continue, na u sabi. Wen e go happen e go don too late for u cuz kids don dey involved, maybe others go learn from you.
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by Saintmary(f): 7:53am On Sep 28, 2020
EmperorMaria:

As una form gud girls online 2

I don't form good girl, both online and offline.
I say things the way it is, anybody that doesn't like it can buzz off.
I'm sure there more ladies like that on this forum.
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by Saintmary(f): 8:05am On Sep 28, 2020
ThatIgboBoy,
Personally, I think some ladies prefer to spend on only their husbands, and until the wedding ceremony has been completed, she is not your wife.
Lots of ladies have spent money on fiances only to get jilted for the flimsiest reasons.
Try and find out the root of her stance if you're interested in making things work.
All these people advising you will not live with you in your marriage.
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by PremierGuy(m): 8:16am On Sep 28, 2020
Marriage should be about supporting each other
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by ThatIgboBoy: 8:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Saintmary:
ThatIgboBoy,
Personally, I think some ladies prefer to spend on only their husbands, and until the wedding ceremony has been completed, she is not your wife.
Lots of ladies have spent money on fiances only to get jilted for the flimsiest reasons.
Try and find out the root of her stance if you're interested in making things work.
All these people advising you will not live with you in your marriage.

I am not asking her to support me now. I meant after we married. Working together as a couple helps us achieve goals faster. She ain't part of that. Said I will be the man of the house and carry the responsibilities of the home. She can decide to help or not and that I shouldn't even expect any help from her.
With the same mouth she will be asking why I am delaying to come and see her people. Is that not heading directly into disaster?
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by Saintmary(f): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2020
ThatIgboBoy:

I am not asking her to support me now. I meant after we married. Working together as a couple helps us achieve goals faster. She ain't part of that. Said I will be the man of the house and carry the responsibilities of the home. She can decide to help or not and that I shouldn't even expect any help from her.
With the same mouth she will be asking why I am delaying to come and see her people. Is that not heading directly into disaster?
You need to calm down.
The first thing a good spouse should be talking about is helping each other make more money, not collecting.
Suggest businesses and projects she could go into, if she makes more money in a year's time, let's see how she won't lavish it on you.
Be patient, groom her for success if you really love her.
And groom yourself too in the meantime, she'll help you if she has sense.
Do these while watching her closely for a few more months.
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by treasuredkids(f): 10:28am On Sep 28, 2020
La Buena Vida is an international cashflow service and lifestyle initiative that enables qualified individuals to

Tap into its cash compounding services to generate funds for business projects.

It allows you to access discounted and free lifestyle packages globally.

Want to know more? Join us on
https:///KewwfbvFpu2CBEIl7SSNdf

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by ImaIma1(f): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2020
ThatIgboBoy:
Hello fam

That is a red flag. Abort mission.

Your perception is not wrong. She should love you with her money. It doesn't mean that she collects her money and hands it over to you but she readily contributes when necessary to make life easier for you because she loves you.

Some women are stingy with their money. Their love stops where their money begins.

1 Like

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by akaahs(m): 11:01am On Sep 28, 2020
franchasng:
I am going to advice you like a brother who is also happily married.

Listen, don't make mistake of marrying the wrong lady in this life..marriage is simple and sweet if you marry a mature, understanding and well trained lady. Romantic love and sex romps are never good reasons to marry anybody.

I am married. I worked but no longer working but an employer.

My wife is working, and earning very good salary all thanks to her profession..before I married her, I never had the intention or wished for my wife to contribute a dime to our family, I wanted to be the all and all of my future family when I was single so I worked so hard and God being on my side, fortune smiled on me and I was doing very well before I married and I chose the Lady I married not marriage by mistake or pressure.

I had a harem of ladies; I mean gorgeous ladies, including foreign ladies which my wife then one of my gfs knew.

I silently observed her way of life, her personality, her beliefs, her vision and her dreams, and I was satisfied before I decided to marry her.

I had the money to do a one in town wedding that will appear on all media platforms online and offline, but right from my time as a boy I hated wedding ceremonies so I did the most quiet, coded wedding that guests were invited, screened, packaged and re screened, no phones, no uninvited photographers, no wedding dance, no high table, no gifting, I gave out gifts, I didn't need anything from anybody, all I needed was witnesses to the wedding.

My wife accepted it; 99.99% of Nigerian ladies of today will never accept it, talkless of a hot looking medic, you know how our ladies wish to do their wedding in the moon but my wifey accepted it. This is where you start to know the kind of lady you are getting married to, the wedding planning time. Shine your eyes during that time, it will open your eyes to the type of woman you are planning to marry. But many guys don't pay attention here, they get carried away by fun fair and what I don't know. Honestly its not good to rush into marriage as a guy, take your time. I did, and it paid off.

To tell you the type of Lady she is, she insisted that she would pay for our flight ticket to and fro our wedding location, I laughed because I already booked. She went behind me and paid the caterers which she hired through her elder sister. She wanted to contribute at all cost despite knowing that I can afford the whole thing. That gave me joy.

My wife is ready to empty her savings to solve family problems even before I get to know.

She knows that I pay my company admin who happens to be the highest ranking staff on my payroll, half of her salary, yet my wife doesn't care, she spend her salary on little issues even when I tell her not to do it.

She recently gave birth to our first baby, because both of us are so occupied, we hired a nanny to look after our little boy, my wife pay this nanny from her salary even before I know. I warned her not to try it again that I have already made provision for the nanny to be paid as my staff, that she should stop it and save her salary for some other bigger projects for herself and assisting people she wish to assist without my knowledge but she insist that she wants to be paying the nanny herself.

Maybe because I told her to resign until the baby is like 1yr six months then she can go back to work which she refused that her profession won't work that way so I allowed her keep her job.

But all I am trying to say is this; be wise, look for a virtuous lady and marry. Don't marry all these social media freaky ladies that have mastered all the cunning lifestyle on earth and waiting to practice it in their marriage and already seeing every man as a bad man suspect.

My wife only uses social media for work, family, few friends, and news. I am the one helping her to catch up..she is such an angel lady and there are million ladies like her, look for them, leave that stingy daughter of Jezebel to go marry men that will reset her stingy, wicked brains.

What else are you making money for if not for your family and loved ones and to help those in dire need

Sorry to say she is a bad woman with very bad upbringing and probably have lots of negative encounters with different men. Run from ladies with lots of negative experience with other guys, they are usually bitter and stupidly smart.

Whenever I read some married people's negative story, I keep wondering how because my marriage has been so sweet and smooth, its as if I am still single self, no stress, no worries, God bless my wifey grin
Just took my time to read ur contribution, I most confess, God really bless you with a good wife. Im in a similar situation with the op, just waiting for her to come over for one on one conversation before taking the final decision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by AududuNine11: 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
lovelybugs:

You might just need to have a deep conversation with her.
Sometimes all these things women hear about men who waste their money outside makes then scared to invest financially in their homes.
She needs to see you guys as one not two then only will she be able to contribute.

One thing to avoid is having this my own, my own mentality in marriage. Even if you bought it with your money only it becomes ours.

When you see your partner as the same no sacrifice will be too big to make.

If you speak to her, she's not willing to change her mind and you know you can't cope please rethink the union
Apt
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by AududuNine11: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
MetroBaba1:

You deserve a bottle of Cold + Chill budweiser drink grin

Dear OP, for she to be honest with you, be honest with her. Let her know that you don't need a woman who can't assist you when you're down.

Oga, sit up

Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by chinonyinye: 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hi. I'm not supporting her behaviour in any way. I want to ask a question for clarification.
While discussing finance, did you also discuss house chores? Cos she might be feeling shortchanged as some men want to eat their cake and have it. They expect the woman to contribute but refuse to partake in house chores claiming they can 'choose' to help or not.

In all, no sane woman will see issues in her house and not resolve them as long as she's financially capable to do so

3 Likes

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by crackhaus: 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
chinonyinye:
Hi. I'm not supporting her behaviour in any way. I want to ask a question for clarification.
While discussing finance, did you also discuss house chores? Cos she might be feeling shortchanged as some men want to eat their cake and have it. They expect the woman to contribute but refuse to partake in house chores claiming they can 'choose' to help or not.

In all, no sane woman will see issues in her house and not resolve them as long as she's financially capable to do so
You have answered yourself by yourself...

3 Likes

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by EmperorMaria: 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
crackhaus:

[s]You have answered yourself by yourself...[/s]

Buh a sane man can watch his wife feed him? Were u nt d one supportin a lazy husband

1 Like

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by Karleb(m): 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
Take it from me when I tell you you have not seen a wife.

1 Like

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by AududuNine11: 8:51am On Sep 29, 2020
chinonyinye:

No sane man would refuse to partake in house chores claiming can "choose" to help or not when circumstances and situations demands he partakes.

Providing for the family is the man's main responsibility while that of the wife is a home maker.

Where situations arise, both roles can be fulfilled by both couples.

It's as simple as ABC.

We just dey make life difficult for ourselves with stuff that common sense can solve

1 Like

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by cooooooks(m): 10:52am On Sep 29, 2020
RUN!!

Plenty of women believe in equality. Not just because of equality sake but also because you need two working parents to provide adequately and without undue stress for a family.
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by nams77: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2020
ThatIgboBoy:

We both earn above 100k tho she is slightly higher and work in different organisations. I believe pulling resources together will make us achieve more. Set goals together and achieve them. But to her No. She says I am the man and must be willing to bear all the financial burden. That her money is hers. That if she decides to help no wahala. And if she refuses I should not feel bad. That that is why i am a man. That men now marry working women and this tends to make the men lazy and not hustle hard.
My brother, RUN.

Even righteouness89 see the matter
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by efficiencie(m): 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
ThatIgboBoy:
Hello fam

You better run for ya life. If your marriage no reach una money make una forget am...
Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by IamDavid(m): 4:30am On Jan 27, 2021
SmartProf:
From all indications she is a very selfish/stingy lady and her love for u if it exists at all is strictly conditional. These are the type of women that if you run into issues with paying ur children's fees, they will rather allow the kids to be sent home from school rather than support their fees, and brainwash those kids to feel you are an irresponsible father who cares less about them. Women like her won't permit u to eat from ur home if at any point in time you are financially constrained to support feeding. Pls allow her to remain happily married to her money. You can even encourage her to print her face on all naira notes she owns. Look, there are still good women who are ready to be a support system to build a home together with a decent man. Don't convince her anymore else you are telling us indirectly that u want to invest in what will aid u commit sucide someday. You are extremely lucky she decided to open up on her true nature about her financial perception in marriage cos just like egungun, na express you dey go. Keep off that lady, infact maintain social distancing cos with her in your life, there is danger ahead.
You write so well...

1 Like

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by Smile4mee01: 5:37am On Jan 27, 2021
Women don't often show their true colors when they want to marry. Thank your stars she has told you her mind.

One reason women easily walk out of marriages these days is because they only provide the bare minimum and are not invested emotionally and financially into it. So it's kinda easy to walk away.

This is an example of why I believe most women dont love a man, they love what you can provide. Once that dries up, they are happy to entertain the next man next door with the bag.

See ehn, hard times will come in your journey of life. It's obvious you will be on your own when they come.

Dont be emotional about women, cut it and move. Now the next women might not be perfect, but might be a better evil to deal with.

Unfortunately, as the world goes on. Marriages and relationships will get harder on women as life gets tougher for men.

1 Like

Re: Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me by Smile4mee01: 5:43am On Jan 27, 2021
It has always baffled me that women and society in general expect men to provide, yet a large number of women are in the workforce taking up jobs that some men could have had to better provide for their family ?

Women, life is getting tougher for men ooo. You guys seem not to know.

Brother, just run.

Ba this kain wife you go hustle hustle hard to provide for her and the family she no go approaciete am. If you die in the process , she will date the next guy available.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's On Your Bucket List / My Parent Is Having Too Much Sex...help! / Should I Disown My Father And Forget About Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.