Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) (31390 Views)

Married Women Must Lurrn The Hard Way, My Crashed Marriage Story / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by ProtonX: 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
“I made the mistake of asking my wife for an open marriage and I regret it.”

As a married man, I think the solution to the no spark would have been to see a therapist, not ask for an open marriage. What is this world turning into?

Married folks, please share your thoughts.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by ProtonX: 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2023
See the Reddit post here:

"I feel like a complete idiot here. My wife and I have been married for 19 years. We have one child. Our daughter moved out this summer after she enlisted in the armed forces. I love my wife but I felt like the spark was gone from our lives. I didn't want to divorce her so I proposed an open marriage. She was upset initially but eventually she agreed.

Like I said in the title of my post I made a mistake. I have learned that just because I wasn't as attracted to my wife as I was when we got married it doesn't mean other men would feel the same. My wife has so many men and dates she doesn't know what to do with them all. Meanwhile it's the opposite for me. Not only that but after my wife agreed to an open marriage I asked a woman who was a colleague of mine out on a date. I was a manager at my job but I wasn't her manager. We worked in completely different divisions and our work had nothing to do with each other's jobs. But even though I wasn't her manager and I am in an open marriage she complained to her manager and showed HR my messages. I lost my job.

I told my wife I want to close our marriage again because I was an idiot for suggesting it in the first place. She said no, she's happy with how things are. It's killing me when I know she is with other men. My brother called me a slowpoke when I told him and said expecting my wife to look like she did when she got married made me a dunce. He even went so far as to say she takes good care of herself and is in great shape for 44, she just doesn't look 20. He had the nerve to say my wife looks better than me and I could stand to lose some weight.

I love my wife and I don't want a divorce. I never wanted a divorce which is why I proposed this in the first place. But she doesn't want to close the marriage. I'm not worried about money because we both work but I do not want a divorce. I'm just glad my daughter enlisted in the RCAF and isn't here to see our marriage falling apart."

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2023
ProtonX:
I told my wife I want to close our marriage again because I was an idiot for suggesting it in the first place. She said no, she's happy with how things are. It's killing me when I know she is with other men. My brother called me a slowpoke when I told him and said expecting my wife to look like she did when she got married made me a dunce. He even went so far as to say she takes good care of herself and is in great shape for 44, she just doesn't look 20. He had the nerve to say my wife looks better than me and I could stand to lose some weight.
Well, go hit the gym, lose the weight and begin to take better care of yourself. Who knows, your wife might find you attractive enough to consider abandoning the open marriage proposal altogether then.. undecided

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Jeon(f): 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
Open Marriage is very good.
It is better than cheating and expecting faithfulness from your partner..

Mr man ,you have lost. Just divorce her .

The grass ain't always greener on the other side.

😉

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Kingrshd3: 4:47am On Dec 07, 2023
It actually rains everywhere bro 🤣

The game is finally over

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Musty112: 6:37am On Dec 07, 2023
Dayoot...one who is not jealous for his female relations

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by ProtonX: 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, go hit the gym, lose the weight and begin to take better care of yourself. Who knows, your wife might find you attractive enough to consider abandoning the open marriage proposal altogether then.. undecided

Some people suggested this too in the original Reddit post.

1 Like

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by ProtonX: 12:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
Jeon:
Open Marriage is very good.
It is better than cheating and expecting faithfulness from your partner..

Mr man ,you have lost. Just divorce her .

The grass ain't always greener on the other side.

😉

I think they should just have divorced. Open marriage is probably good when they don't have kids. Imagine children witnessing this toxicity.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by ProtonX: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
Kingrshd3:
It actually rains everywhere bro 🤣

The game is finally over

Well 😂😆
Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by ProtonX: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
Musty112:
Dayoot...one who is not jealous for his female relations

Please explain
Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by santaclaws: 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
From the Reddit post, I observed the man involved is Canadian, so I am not surprised cos westerners have already 'evolved' when it comes to relationships.

Dude just disrespected himself and his home. It will eventually end in divorce cos it's gonna be hard for the woman to forget about all other men who've slept with her and focus on her husband. He gave her the licence to commit adultery and until she has a negative experience, she won't stop.

Too late...

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Beuberry(f): 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
ProtonX:

As a married man, I think the solution to the no spark would have been to see a therapist, not ask for an open marriage. What is this world turning into?

It's all you boys that are addicted to fetish practices that do open marriages. All of you are learning hard way. Some ll even say they are free to fornicate in the marriage. Oriburuku of the highest order.
ProtonX, since you v invited hornets, deal with it.
Look at the life of Will Smith. He's suffering so hard. Jada is enjoying it so bad. She fit claim to be with lesbo, straight, bend or any type of sexual orientation human being.
But dem no born Will Smith well make he do ordinary gay. The outcry is too much.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Decarbonisation: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
Asked for an open marriage, won ba n do iyawo e left right and centre, for every where? Lol grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Ensa777(f): 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
good for you.
Alot of uyou feel your wife aint attractive anymore cos they dorn born grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Exceed15: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
I don't blame the woman.

6 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by xristos(m): 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
e don be smiley

Latest Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (brandnew) available
Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by merits(m): 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
ProtonX:

Am not interested next please.
I gave up on anything pussy.

3 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Beuberry(f): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
B
Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Sultty(m): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
he did anyhow and he collect wotowoto kiss

6 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by ProtonX: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
Please this is not my story. If anyone is familiar with Reddit, it was posted on their by someone else.

Here's a link to it https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoHotTakes/comments/18aanf6/i_made_the_mistake_of_asking_my_wife_for_an_open/
Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by loswhite(m): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
Open marriage in Nigeria...Abeg take this topic to white nairaland.

12 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by adecz: 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
This is a an alien culture to us
in Nigeria, as such we can't help you.

On the other hand, your wife seems
to be enjoying what you introduced to
her & she may most likely divorce you
to lead a new, more eventful life .. 😐😐😐

2 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by jaxxy(m): 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
if ur wife catches feelings with sm1else she might even divorce u thanks to ur stupid idea.

5 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by IMASTEX: 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
You can't back down now that is she's enjoying the feeling, you are currently left with two options to either continue or she divorces you.
Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Countersam(m): 1:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
ProtonX:
See the Reddit post here:

"I feel like a complete idiot here. My wife and I have been married for 19 years. We have one child. Our daughter moved out this summer after she enlisted in the armed forces. I love my wife but I felt like the spark was gone from our lives. I didn't want to divorce her so I proposed an open marriage. She was upset initially but eventually she agreed.

Like I said in the title of my post I made a mistake. I have learned that just because I wasn't as attracted to my wife as I was when we got married it doesn't mean other men would feel the same. My wife has so many men and dates she doesn't know what to do with them all. Meanwhile it's the opposite for me. Not only that but after my wife agreed to an open marriage I asked a woman who was a colleague of mine out on a date. I was a manager at my job but I wasn't her manager. We worked in completely different divisions and our work had nothing to do with each other's jobs. But even though I wasn't her manager and I am in an open marriage she complained to her manager and showed HR my messages. I lost my job.

I love my wife and I don't want a divorce. I never wanted a divorce which is why I proposed this in the first place. But she doesn't want to close the marriage. I'm not worried about money because we both work but I do not want a divorce. I'm just glad my daughter enlisted in the RCAF and isn't here to see our marriage falling apart."

Why bring this oyinbo questionnaire here. What do you want to hear from us in the form of advice. Their lifestyle is different from ours in Africa. Which one is open marriage , have you heard of that in Africa talk less of Nigeria? Who will marry and both couples would still be bleeping outside but still together because you have a kid together..that's living in bondage because one person must eventually get reorientation that will bring issues in the initial agreement

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by ableguy(m): 1:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
Every day una go just dey introduce one evil after another as if we haven't had enough, open kee una there.
And maybe very soon this nonsense go creep into Africa, make una continue. Ndi ara

4 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by ProtonX: 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
Beuberry:

It's all all you boys that are addicted to fetish practices that do open marriages. All of you are learning hard way. Some ll even say they are free to fornicate in the marriage. Oriburuku of the highest order.
ProtonX, since you v invited hornets, deal with it.

People don't read! The post is in quotation marks means I am not the original owner of the story. I found it on Reddit 3 days ago and brought it to Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by mrkings84(m): 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
Sorry man, next time think with your heart and not with ur head.

1 Like

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by princeabdul(m): 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) by Vifx: 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Mothers Day, Come Share Your Mums Pic Celebrating Her / Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo / What Happens To The Engagement Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.