Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,346 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

What Is The Best Online Service One Could Render? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Best Online Service One Could Render? (1551 Views)

i regret BANKING with Skye: It has The Worst Online Service? / Which Bank Has Best Online Service In Nigeria Plus Open Gtbank Acct On Facebook / Automated Telephone Verification For An Online Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Online Service One Could Render? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2007
hello,
I dnt know if this is the right forum to start this topic, bt hey i guess i could be forgiven as this is my first time here.
Brief intro: I am a software engineer on the Java enterprise edition platform. I recently finished my course and i am trying to startup an online service for Nigerians but i am a little confused on what type of service to startup. Seems like all online service-oriented biz has already been started.

I would really appreciate it if any1 could suggest an online business that i could start, it could be a free service or a pay-for service. which ever that would bring Nigerians and the internet more closer.

thanks in advance.
Re: What Is The Best Online Service One Could Render? by Seun(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2007
You could start an e-commerce site? <related topic>
Re: What Is The Best Online Service One Could Render? by poske(m): 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2007
well if you can really do java, i am not sure cos it sounds as if u only did the theory and not the uses of JAVA. The webbased java sites have[b] not [/b] been tapped in nija. So u probably do not know where to start cos no one has really built a java based site for the use of the public. A lot of things that java does is to put operations of any thing, system or procedure unto the web. I will give u some expamples which we can work on together if u want.

1) Bus/coach station operations including online ticketing down to the last bus in the city.

2) Any Election, minute by minute update state by state. town by town e.t.c

3) Traffic update on niJAR roads: closures, blockages, accidents & incidents

4) Stock market portfolio calculation, forcasting and update

5) Ecommerce for nijar markets, bidding, purchasing, retailing

6) any operations u can think off.

The main problem is actually getting the accurate, timely and dependant Data. putting the data together is just a basic technical stuff. Just contact me and we will talk.
Re: What Is The Best Online Service One Could Render? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 26, 2007
poske:

well if you can really do java, i am not sure because it sounds as if u only did the theory and not the uses of JAVA. The webbased java sites have[b] not [/b] been tapped in nija. So u probably do not know where to start because no one has really built a java based site for the use of the public. A lot of things that java does is to put operations of any thing, system or procedure unto the web. I will give u some expamples which we can work on together if u want.

1) Bus/coach station operations including online ticketing down to the last bus in the city.

2) Any Election, minute by minute update state by state. town by town e.t.c

3) Traffic update on niJAR roads: closures, blockages, accidents & incidents

4) Stock market portfolio calculation, forcasting and update

5) Ecommerce for nijar markets, bidding, purchasing, retailing

6) any operations u can think off.

The main problem is actually getting the accurate, timely and dependant Data. putting the data together is just a basic technical stuff. Just contact me and we will talk.

well i really did the practical aspect of java( both desktop and web-based applications ), putting it to use for the public is what i am trying to do. i really dont mind working with you if you've got some great ideas we can implement and launch for public use. You can contact me with my yahoo messenger( talk2lilkay ) and pls when adding me, include an offline message so i know its you. looking forward to working with you. smiley
Re: What Is The Best Online Service One Could Render? by akanze: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2007
hello,

as rightly said, that aspect have not been fully tapped in nigeria. you have a chance to make a fortune from it, if you act now.

let me give you a tip here:
Go to Ikega computer village, there you are wanted, look for the top computer dealers, tell them you have the knowledge of java and see what follows next.

tip 2:
Visit those big companies that uses softwares in their operations, they will grateful to employ you part time or full time depending on your preference.

act now and stop asking questions.

good luck!

NOTE: The info i ghave you are authentic and true. presently nigerians softwares CDs are in hot demand in the computer village, ikeja, go there and make your expertise known.

(1) (Reply)

Someone Should Please Tell Me The Postal Codes Of Apapa-iganmu And Apapa / Crumb Rubber Processing Unit For Sale-unbelievable Price / "Who Else Wants To Crack The Code of Making Real Money Online?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.