Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,941 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare (924 Views)

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo / I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by ekubear1: 12:47am On Mar 02, 2011
By Festus Owete
March 1, 2011 04:50AM
print  email   

The vice presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Tunde Bakare, said his party can defeat President Goodluck Jonathan at the April presidential election.

He told party supporters at a National Executive Committee meeting, over the weekend, that the wind of change blowing across the world will surely be experienced in Nigeria during the elections.

The party flags off its presidential campaign in Kaduna today.

Mr Bakare said defeating Mr Jonathan will be easy because he has not spent up to one year in office.

“There is a wind blowing across the planet. It is blowing everywhere right now. That wind simply says, the will of the people wrestles the power of incumbency.

We have seen it demonstrated in Tunisia, we have seen it demonstrated in Egypt, it is blowing across the World, it is shaking even Libya to its foundation. And these are entrenched places of power of incumbency. Our present president has not been there for one year so his own will be easy to dismantle,” the vice presidential candidate, said.

Mr Bakare asked leaders of the party to unite ahead of the elections, stressing that “by the grace of God, by the will of the people, by our collective hard work and co-operation, by refusing to let anything divide us, by the power of our concentration, by the time 2011 elections are over, the rest is victory.” The clergyman pledged absolute loyalty to his party’s presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, and noted that they cannot afford to lose this opportunity to rescue Nigeria.

He noted that, “The purpose of this afternoon’s meeting and subsequent meetings, is the great opportunity we have to rescue our nation, to salvage our nation and to ensure that the Nigeria that works, comes into manifestation in our life time.”

Mr Bakare solicited the support of party leaders, as CPC begins its nationwide campaigns today, insisting that the party wants outright victory at the polls. “It is doable, it is possible, it requires a lot of hard work and sacrifice on our part, that together, if we remain focused and undivided, we will accomplish it and those who think it is impossible, will find out how we did it,” Mr Bakare said.

Celebrating crime

Meanwhile, the party has condemned the elaborate reception given to the former chairman of the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), Bode George who was released from prison last Saturday.

Mr George and five other members of the board of directors, had been arraigned on August 8th, 2008 at an Ikeja High Court on a 163-count charge of abuse of office and contract splitting to the tune of over N100 billion (One hundred billion naira). He was later convicted in 2009 by Justice Olubunmi Oyewole and sentenced to two years imprisonment, which ran concurrently.

In a statement signed by its spokesman, Rotimi Fashakin in Abuja, the Congress for Progressive Change said the carnival-like reception was meant to accentuate the Peoples Democratic Party’s dictum that crime should be celebrated.

“The fact of criminal violence perpetrated against the Nigerian state by Bode George was lost on the chieftains of the ruling PDP, including a former President of the nation and representative of the incumbent President, who arranged a carnival-like reception that commenced with a thanksgiving service; to the chagrin of the hapless Nigerian people whose commonwealth had been impetuously pillaged,” the party said.

It asked, “ Was this open show of shame meant to accentuate the PDP’s dictum that crime should be celebrated? Was this meant to obliterate from our memory the fact of Bode George’s conviction? Does this help to cultivate an enviable value system for the generation next that the nation’s future belongs to? Does this not show the level of subjugation within the polity that the people, who should show their angst at the felon who purloined their resources, were turned as horse-drivers for the royal carriage?”

The CPC also said that the reception also showed the PDP-led federal government’s farcical pretensions on any sustained and sustainable fight against corruption, adding that “this unfortunate parade shows the calibre of individuals masquerading as leaders on Nigeria’s political plane. For once, this nation space deserves a clean break from the odiousness that these rapacious leaders’ tenacious hold on the nation’s ‘jugular’ represents.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5680654-146/jonathan_will_be_easy_to_beat.csp#
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by ekubear1: 12:48am On Mar 02, 2011
Very bold words from Bakare.
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by Opuso: 10:23am On Mar 02, 2011
He sounds desperate! Am sure he can see a Jonathan landslide all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by apoti(m): 10:44am On Mar 02, 2011
BB all the way!
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by egift(m): 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Very bold words from Bakare.

Exactly what is needed. BB all the way.
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by 1025: 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2011
what Bakare said is quite simple in a decent country.
the simpliest way to floor jonathan is to ask him who his friends are and he will start by - obasanjo, tonny annenih, bode george and on hearing only these 3, no normal nigerian voter will vote for GEJ.
mr. president sir, tell us who ur friends are and we will tell u who u are.
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by gbewu: 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
Sir, we understand that you mean well for Nigerian by your action. But you have not shown Nigerians that you people are contesting. No advert in the Radio, Television, other media. From Lagos to Maidugiri, Sokoto to Ekiti, we have not seen any poster displayed on the road that BB are for President and Vice respectively.
My two year old boy would dance whenever GEJ advert is being played on Television( every 10minutes) and this has not sent a signal to you people.
The merger between ACN and CPC was frustrated because of the selfish interest of both parties. Anyway, I will sleep during the presidential election if BB refuse to commence rigorious campaign in the nook and cranny of this nation.
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by 1025: 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2011
Sir, we understand that you mean well for Nigerian by your action. But you have not shown Nigerians that you people are contesting. No advert in the Radio, Television, other media. From Lagos to Maidugiri, Sokoto to Ekiti, we have not seen any poster displayed on the road that BB are for President and Vice respectively.
My two year old boy would dance whenever GEJ advert is being played on Television( every 10minutes) and this has not sent a signal to you people.
The merger between ACN and CPC was frustrated because of the selfish interest of both parties. Anyway, I will sleep during the presidential election if BB refuse to commence rigorious campaign in the nook and cranny of this nation.

@gbewu,
i pray that BB gets more serious bcs they are my only reason to own a voters' card.
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by egift(m): 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2011
gbewu:

Supported!!!
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
Gentle men of the BB camp, i dont want to sound perssimist, rather real and blurnt. Jonathan is the most popular candidate as of today. The general election is in less than 7 weeks, campaign/awareness of BB is next to nothing amidst the excessive campaigns on the other side, since democracy is a game of number, there is no show for BB.

We know, they provides the most formidable combination, but its only you and i that have access to the internet/so call progressive elites that knows him, that illiterate in the bush knows only GEJ, so we have a problem at hand.\\\

This election is won and lost already even befoe election date,
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by honeric01(m): 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2011
olanmuis:

Gentle men of the BB camp, i dont want to sound perssimist, rather real and blurnt. Jonathan is the most popular candidate as of today. The general election is in less than 7 weeks, campaign/awareness of BB is next to nothing amidst the excessive campaigns on the other side, since democracy is a game of number, there is no show for BB.

We know, they provides the most formidable combination, but its only you and i that have access to the internet/so call progressive elites that knows him, that illiterate in the bush knows only GEJ, so we have a problem at hand.\\\

This election is won and lost already even befoe election date,

You want to see rally right? watch AIT AND CHANNELS TV ASAP, come see people shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by mogentle(m): 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
Best laughter is the last laughter,
MOTHER OF ALL CAMPAIGN will kick off today in Kaduna, It will be a joint one to the geopolitical Zones b4 they now split to two. I guess Bakare will face the South and Buhari will face North Pole for them to be able to cut across the country.

I also believe they need to gear up the campaign machine. But no matter what i'm voting BB.
If you believe in their cause, i think it will be good to spread the news.

BB, All the way!!!!
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by honeric01(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2011
mogentle:

Best laughter is the last laughter,
MOTHER OF ALL CAMPAIGN will kick off today in Kaduna, It will be a joint one to the geopolitical Zones b4 they now split to two. I guess Bakare will face the South and Buhari will face North Pole for them to be able to cut across the country.

I also believe they need to gear up the campaign machine. But no matter what i'm voting BB.
If you believe in their cause, i think it will be good to spread the news.

BB, All the way!!!!

The flag off campaign has just ended, the crowd was just too much, chai, Buhari and Bakare were sweating in the heat, they were in the middle of the crowd inside the son, no movement, everywhere block die.
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by mogentle(m): 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^^^ Great!!!!

IT IS Achievable. BB All the Way.
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by Nsiman(m): 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
This bakare, can he win councillorship election in his ward?
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by Nsiman(m): 5:27pm On Mar 02, 2011
This bakare, can he win councillorship election in his ward?
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by chakula: 6:07pm On Mar 02, 2011
Not clearly sound would you come again
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by honeric01(m): 6:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
mogentle:

^^^^ Great!!!!

IT IS Achievable. BB All the Way.

Help yourself with a clique

http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by egift(m): 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
Yes, its very obtainable. Today's rally in Kaduna (more than many of Jonathan's combined)

Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by rasputinn(m): 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
Which politician made that rant?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 03, 2011
egift:

Yes, its very obtainable. Today's rally in Kaduna (more than many of Jonathan's combined)

are you sure that wasnt holy ghost congress? shocked
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by egift(m): 4:31am On Mar 03, 2011
babaearly:

are you sure that wasnt holy ghost congress? shocked

Oga, that is CPC flagoff campaign in Kaduna. Its is more than many of Jonathan's rally in the north combined! Chennel Online TV ran it live. It had over 150,000 view befor the end of events. Its assumed that nothing less than 2million people attended.

FG and the Nigeria Police are already trying to frustrate Minna Rally by refusing to approve a venue that have be applied for. God dey. Change is here.
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 03, 2011
The Kaduan rally is more of religion than politics or both.

The passion is about a nothern president than the change Nigeria need.

Yet, at the end, Jonathan will win and the Northern extremists will not accept and Nigeria burn and finally disintegrate.
Re: Jonathan Will Be Easy To Beat, Says Bakare by honeric01(m): 11:42am On Mar 03, 2011
I will satisfy my conscience by voting for the truth. BB2011 or nothing else.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Jarus? / Inec Says Delta, Bayelsa And Imo Records Highest Cases Of Ballot Box Snatching / Pdp And The National Mosque.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.