Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? (4071 Views)

I Can Make U Browse Free With Swiftng & Mobitel 4g / The Best ISP In Nigeria? / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by hayprof(m): 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2007
who's used swiftng? we want to subscribe 2 their internet services in our office. hw reliable r they?
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by spora(m): 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2007
I beg you in the name of your mother. DONT

They are rubbish!

I subscribe to them only to regret it later. I will never advise my enemy to subscribe to them.
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by hayprof(m): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2007
so wat internet provider do u prescribe? we r in need of a internet service badly in d office, of not more dan 5 pc fast nd reliable,
Any 1??
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by spora(m): 3:16pm On Jun 28, 2007
Becos of the number of PCs you want, you will have to give me until evening for me to get you the best.

Until then!
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by hayprof(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2007
O, tanx bro will appreciate it cool
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by ogunsteedo(m): 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2007
heyyyyyyyyy human being don come ooooooooooo never mind Spora,
we make use of Swift network in our organisation and its ok as far as i'm concern
well i belief the choice is yours.
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by Maleeq(m): 10:47pm On Jun 28, 2007
One of the client firm the company I work for provide services for uses Swiftng and it's really impressive.
I used their link to download my copy of Sun Solaris 10, the Companion CD and some other sutffs (Over 4GB) in about 14Hours! Now, in comparison to others here in Nigeria, that really really impressed me
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by zycozy(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2007
I dnt know about swift,there is 1 i can recomend its known as itclick.com its head office is located @ ikota shoping Complex close 2 VGC in ajah,theirs can take as many computer u need
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by zycozy(m): 9:03am On Jun 29, 2007
I dnt know about swift,there is 1 i can recomend its known as itclick.com its head office is located @ ikota shoping Complex close 2 VGC in ajah,theirs can take as many computer u need
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by hayprof(m): 10:56am On Jun 29, 2007
ogunsteedo:

heyyyyyyyyy human being don come ooooooooooo never mind Spora,
we make use of Swift network in our organisation and its ok as far as i'm concern
well i belief the choice is yours.

Pls Ogun, Give me more info. from ur side >Like -does it do Large downloads in no time?
And What Plan did u Subscribe to?

Maleeq:

One of the client firm the company I work for provide services for uses Swiftng and it's really impressive.
I used their link to download my copy of Sun Solaris 10, the Companion CD and some other sutffs (Over 4GB) in about 14Hours! Now, in comparison to others here in Nigeria, that really really impressed me
cool cool cool
Do u know the Plans dey use? And How much Will that type of connection cost for Like 5Pc in our Office?

@Spora I still xpect ur Reply
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by Maleeq(m): 11:07am On Jun 29, 2007
@hayprof

Well, I really did not find out the plan they are on or they payment the make.
I couldn't get any info from their website, but I just sent a request to their helpdesk via email.
Would let you know when they reply.
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by hayprof(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2007
Ok then Malleq wink
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by Maleeq(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2007
Here, they just sent this to me:

SERVICE PLAN SWIFTHome SWIFTBasic SWIFTClassic SWIFTValue SWIFTBusiness
Speed/download Up to 384 Kbps Up to 384Kbps Up to 384 Kbps Up to 384 Kbps Up to 512 Kbps
No. PCs Up to 3 Up to 3 Up to 5 Up to 10 Up to 15
Monthly Charge (=N=) 6,000.00 12,000.00 15,000.00 28,000.00 75,000.00

E-mail Addresses Up to 3 Up to 3 Up to 5 Up to 6 Up to 10
Time Slot 6pm-8am(Mon-Fri) 6am-6pm(Mon-Fri) 24hrs 24hrs 24hrs
24hrs(Sat-Sun) 24hrs(Sat-Sun)

However, they are different options still available. The costs would be determined by the Committed Information Rate(CIR) bandwidth that you need.

Hope this helps out a lil bit
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by hayprof(m): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2007
[quote author=Maleeq link=topic=61484.msg1248830#msg1248830 date=1183115743
However, they are different options still available. The costs would be determined by the Committed Information Rate(CIR) bandwidth that you need.
[quote][/quote]

What does Dat Mean? Let me know

>Thanks for the info. cool wink
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by Maleeq(m): 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2007
Internet service providers provide access to customers on a "shared bandwidth" basis. Meaning that, the more people they have active on their network at a particular time would affect your effective connection speed. Say, you are the only one connected at a time, you could be using the whole bandwidth(eg 100kbps). When you have two people(assuming you have the same network load/traffic), your effective bandwidth drops to about 50kps per person. This goes on and on for the number of connections active at any given time.

Now, you could instruct your ISP to give you a dedicated connection of 100Kbps at any time, regardless of the number of active connection(provided their network can accommodate your requirement). Thats what is meant by the Committed Information Rate. This usually means extra cost.
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by hayprof(m): 5:40am On Jun 30, 2007
K, now does dat goes 4 an extra cost? Or special charge apart from their tarrif plans listed above.
tell me wots d name of d area u used their service as u av said above?
@All, who uses Or used their services in Ikeja area, precirely Allen?
Your responses r important,
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by hayprof(m): 5:42am On Jun 30, 2007
K, now does dat goes 4 an extra cost? Or special charge apart from their tarrif plans listed above.
@All, who uses Or used their services in Ikeja area, precirely Allen?
Your responses r important,
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by Maleeq(m): 11:26pm On Jun 30, 2007
hayprof:

K, now does that goes 4 an extra cost? Or special charge apart from their tarrif plans listed above.
Of course, requesting a dedicated link from any ISP always attracts some extra cost. Remember, that bandwidth would always be availbale to you unlike the shared basis.
Swiftng's Helpdesk did not provide me with the extra, but I know that these costs depend on your requirement. They provide dedicated links in the range of 64Kbps - 10Mbps.

hayprof:

The place I used it is located @ Iponri/Costain, close to the National Theater(Marina)
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by hayprof(m): 2:18am On Jul 01, 2007
Thanks 4 dem info. Help me with their e-mail address nd phone no. so i can contact them for my info. I was unable to get their contacts frm their website,
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by Maleeq(m): 9:09am On Jul 01, 2007
No problem. Here's the contact detail for the representative that attended to me:

Banji/Chris on 01-4611322,08057666661,01-7901731
helpdesk@swiftng.com

Swift Networks Limited
31B Saka Tinubu Street
Victoria Island
Lagos.
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by bug24(m): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2007
I think online shopping is improving in Nigeria. check out this website. www.esalesnigeria.com (DOORSTEP DELIVERY) You dont have to leave the comfort of your room.
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by Ekwere(m): 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2008
In the commerce world all over,no product or services has ever satisfied customers 100% but in the other way round,Swift Networks has been able to satisfied lots of it customers some 95% or some not up to according to their opinion.
There is no day that I'm jobless that we would not make sales.Swift Networks uses 3 backbones working simultaneously making sure that,there is no breaking while you are connecting to the net.
Therefore,I implore whosover that want a good ISP to call us and you will never regret it.
Customer service number-01-7101010,01-7738138,8774241 or call Banji or Chris or betterstill send a mail to me tufot@swiftng.com
Office-31b,Saka Tinubu Street,
Victoria Island
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by mmonwuba(m): 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2008
call Olalekan Phillips on 08033531979. He is my subscriber and i am not regretting my heavy downloads through their link. When u all him tell him Michael Monwuba directed you to him as regards blabla bla. My brother, owing to what u are looking for i'll ill advice you to go for swift.
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by gizmokid(m): 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2008
i just moved to lagos i use multilinks and am quite happy, i have heard good things about swift and considering getting on board. Lots of banks are using them now, but my pain is they don't have data card for laptops. am scared for their popularity they might become over subscribed
Re: Swiftng.com: A Good ISP? by Ekwere(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2008
There is no need for you to fear for oversubscription,we have enough backbone to carry even up to 10,000 subscribers.
Come, taste and see that SWIFT NETWORKS is really good.

(1) (Reply)

Lightning Arrestor Installation For Your Buildings Indelec - Smart Lightning Pro / Etisalat 3g Settings / How Do I Download From Torrents Site With Simple Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.