Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,799 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC (35389 Views)

Subsidy Removal Drags Down Petrol Consumption By 28% / Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG / Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by chieyine(m): 8:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission have put together 9 ways to save your electricity consumption. This is in light with the recent increase in electricity billing. Can you share some of the ways you save electricity consumption in your residence or place of business?

1. Turn off lights and electrical appliances when not in use: don't leave your electronics or lightbulbs on all day long.

2. Switch to energy-efficient light bulbs:
Traditional light bulbs waste 95% of the energy they use giving off heat, with only 5% going toward the light. Switch them out or use them sparingly.
Leaving them on for long periods is highly wasteful. Halogen incandescent bulbs, compact fluorescent lights (CFLs), and light-emitting diode bulbs (LEDs) use anywhere from 25-80 percent less electricity and last 3 to 25 times longer than traditional bulbs.

3. Reduce the use of water heaters:
Water heating is a major contributor to your total energy consumption. Other than purchasing an energy-efficient water heater, there are two methods of reducing your water heating expenses, you can simply use less hot water or turn down the thermostat on your water heater.

4. Purchase energy-efficient appliances:
Appliances account for a large amount of enemy consumed in households, offices, and industries. With this in mind, it is important to be intentional about purchases made to the ensure that energy-efficient appliances are installed.

5. Set refrigerator temperature to the manufacturers recommendation:
This is important to avoid excessive cooling and wasting energy

6. Unplug battery chargers when not in use:
Many devices including battery chargers draw power continuously even when not in use.

7. Plug home electronics into power strips:
Use power strips such as adaptors and extension boards to reduce energy consumption Turn the power strips off when equipment is not in use. You'll stop these devices from using energy when idle with one convenient switch.

8. Bring in sunlight:
During daylight hours, switch off artificial lights and use windows and skylights to brighten your home.

9. Service your air conditioner:
Easy maintenance, such as routinely replacing or cleaning air filters can lower your cooling systems energy consumption.

https://twitter.com/NERCNG/status/1310119927718776833/photo/1

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by chieyine(m): 8:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
cheesy
You can also check out https://alertyourpartner.com to anonymously notify your partner about sexually transmitted infections
Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by doctorexcel: 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
As if nepa will charge less if we save the power.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by chieyine(m): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
doctorexcel:
As if nepa will charge less if we save the power.
It is for people with prepaid meter

153 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by ignis: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2020
You can only save what you have....

Please what is the update on two weeks suspension of tariff increment agreed by NLC and FGN?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by oz4real83(m): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2020
These are lies. Travel for 6 months and switch off everything in your house. Come back and meet accumulated bills waiting for u even when u used zero current and there are no more fixed charges. That is why they don't want to give prepaid meters because with that, u can easily monitor your power usage and have solid evidence to prove your fraud case against them.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by jeeqaa7(m): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2020
Only way to save electricity is to reduce that evil tariff

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by BigSarah(f): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2020
In kebbi and Niger state (certain areas) ..A 3 bedroom house pays 750naira as electric bill, a minimum of 20hrs perday

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 29, 2020
Who dem con dey tell, 80% of Nigerians don't have prepaid meter

10 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by flexd99(m): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2020
O
Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by shamhuna: 11:57am On Sep 29, 2020
number 10, reduce electricity tariff

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Bondinus(m): 11:58am On Sep 29, 2020
Story, it means they want to use style to increase it again, as if they are in your house with you.
Mtcheeeew

2 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Muyiwaipere(m): 11:58am On Sep 29, 2020
No mind them

Them no want make we use more power but then Dey charge us more money

Una papa

I Dey go carry my grandpa TV sef for village come my house be like say dat one they chop light well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by gurusprout: 11:58am On Sep 29, 2020
Our top floor has been under renovation for a year. No one is living there. Yet these wicked folks keep bringing bill of over 3k monthly.

They don't use the reading they take so why should I bother to save power?! Same way useless NYSC requested for our shoe sizes when they know they won't use it. Very useless system.

I'll use whatever I can afford. The only reason why I use energy saving bulbs is the low heat and aesthetics, else I'll be using 100naira bulb. I can't be paying prohibitive due monthly and still not enjoy my life.

You won't give citizens their rights but you'll be arm-twisting citizens with police, sars, customs, military, mopol, frsc etc to give government their rights.

Since independence, the thing just dey worse. Why? Why? Why? cry

31 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Goddys(m): 11:58am On Sep 29, 2020
So this is the response to the suspension of electric tariff agreed in the meeting between FGN and NLC. Shame on NLC Leadership!

3 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Mummyfour(f): 11:58am On Sep 29, 2020
Medecine after death.
Kill us with the bill, then try and wake us up with stories of what we should not have done to keep us alive

7 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by ellalina(f): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2020
Why would you be interested in saving energy for me

3 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by MikeMicheal(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2020
Why will they save consumption when
Electricity is cheap in this country.

Government should increase the tarriff more and
anyone caught trying to start any protest should be jailed for public disturbance.

6 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Rexnegro(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2020
nice tips tho

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2020
Nigerians should learn to save light

3 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2020
In Nigeria this will not work.....they will still bring you estimated bills!

6 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Goldp5988(f): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2020
Thank you OP
Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Chijeep(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2020
I guess number 10 will be only charge your mobile phones and laptops to 50%
Nonsense and ingredients.

if they provide us with good paying jobs and standardize electricity then I think to pay more won't be a problem

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
NERC abeg just revert to the old tariff, no vex.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Princessbettyj(f): 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Wahala for who get light for house grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by ItrendNaija(m): 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Very important tips
Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Ablestan: 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Noted
Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by DenreleDave(m): 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2020
OK.. We don hear
Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by habymi: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2020
how can I save what I don't av

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC by Tellitasitis: 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
Is the suspension of hike in electricity price still feasible.

Confusion everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Mbieri Police Station In Imo, Kidnap Policeman, Free Suspects / Northern APC Supporters Show Off Their "Colour" Ahead Of The Elections...photo / Minimum Wage: How We Arrived At N200,000 — NLC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.