Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami (11302 Views)

Magu Writes Ayo Salami Panel, Responds To 15 ‘allegations’ / 7 Things President Buhari Revealed About Magu's Probe, Suspension / Bode George: Justice Ayo Salami Unfit To Head Panel Investigating Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Nemere2020: 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Earlier thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/6147060/justice-salami-regret-heading-buharis#94388749

Ayo Salami, chairman of the presidential panel investigating Ibrahim Magu, suspended chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), says he does not regret his appointment to serve on the panel.

Magu is being investigated over allegations of abuse of office and mismanagement of recovered assets from May 2015 to May 2020 — the time he acted as chairman of the anti-graft agency.

Magu’s lawyers have always disagreed with the panel.

In a memo on Tuesday, Salami accused the lawyers of planting reports in the media that he regrets chairing the panel.

“The reports were a figment of the wild imagination of the reporter, the two lawyers quoted as his sources and the medium that published the story,” he said.

“There was no time anything near the unthinkable scenario painted in the false story occurred in any meeting between myself and the lawyers to Magu or any other person, for that matter, since the Judicial Commission of Inquiry began its sittings.

“I have no cause to express any regret over my Chairmanship of the Commission, not to talk of betraying any form of emotion before anyone about it. I see my appointment to serve as the Chairman of the Commission of Inquiry as an honour and call to service, thus my decision to accept diligently and patriotically discharge this responsibility.

“I have never appointed any of the two lawyers or any other person(s) to speak on my behalf as I can express myself without recourse to the lawyers of the persons we are probing. As an eminent jurist, who retired as the President of the Court of Appeal, I have handled much more complex cases than the current one before the Commission. There is no doubt that the false reports were aimed at causing mischief and tarnishing my hard-earned reputation and integrity. I remain resolute and committed to the service of the nation and ready to champion the ideals of justice and fairness.

“I want to point out that such wild claims against me and the Commission are not strange to me, given the manner in which the lawyers to Magu have been carrying on in the conduct of their client’s case before the Commission. Planting such lies in the media about proceedings at the panel has been their pastime. They believe that it is by engaging in such media propaganda against the Commission that their client can be easily absolved of the various allegations that have been brought against him.”

Asking Nigerians to disregard the report, the retired president of the appeal court said the “lies and blackmail” will not deter him and other members of the panel from discharging their duty.

He said the panel which he chairs will continue its investigation of the allegations against Magu with a view to unearthing the truth and ensuring that justice is done.
https://www.thecable.ng/magu-probe-i-dont-regret-being-panel-chairman-says-ayo-salami

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by salbis(m): 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Regretting it or not, na una sabi. Las las, una no go see people to lead.
At the moment, an average Nigerian is full of resentment towards the Executhief, Legislooters and Judisharing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Houseofglam7(f): 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
undecided
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by classicfrank4u(m): 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Seriously why are they telling us all this nonsense? Before you know it they'll dump the case while distracting us with nonsense talk lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Godlove4me: 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Story
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Mayng01(m): 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Distraction! Slowly, calmly & stylishly, Magu’s case is being swept under the carpet

1 Like

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by KossyKiss97(f): 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
This 4 bedroom terrace duplex is for sale. Located behind Games Village Abuja.

Call for enquiries and inspection 080. 3651. 9974.
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by igwedubai2(m): 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hmmmm. No be lie [sub][/sub]
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Anything to move our nation forward is what we are after.......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by blessochampion(m): 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
We need action after investigation.

Not too much to ask for.

2 Likes

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by nairaman66(m): 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
Who is fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by PureGoldh(m): 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
EFCC and FG just dey twist matters
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by blessochampion(m): 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
Action after investigation.

Not too much to ask for.
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Omoslim26: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Story for d gods
magu be thief nd you are finished
crying no fit safe you

1 Like

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Mohayemi(m): 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by TobsAutos: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Scam
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Okoroawusa: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
I didn't even bother reading the other news because I knew it was fake.

1 Like

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Nawaao: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hhmm
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Minjim: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
O tan!
Ok we that news was not credible at all.
The source claimed it was quoting Magu's lawyers.

What do you expect Magu's lawyers to say

1 Like

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by ecolime(m): 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
Who cares?
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by IamWonderful: 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
I know the news was mischievous and pernicious, anything by the embattled magu's lawyers cannot be taken serious, they are working for their money

1 Like

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
Confucianism in display

1 Like

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Seventy7kings: 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
shocked
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by Agbabale: 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
Claim and counter claim. We're all watching and waiting.
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by naijaking1: 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ayo Salami, corrupt Yoruba muslim judge #1!

2 Likes

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by slivertongue: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
ok
Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by freeborn02: 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2020
post=94440477:
Anything to move our nation forward is what we are after.......

Imagine! A naturally biased hypocrite talking about moving Nigeria forward, whereas he is one of the elements of backwardness in Nigeria.

Very soon, Ganduje too will be saying he has interest in stopping bribery in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami by ZooOga: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
Salami and his buddy Malami are both FOS. Next month will be five months since the cooked up allegations against Chairman Magu dropped and there has been zero progress. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed / No Power Can Bring Me Down – Wike / Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.