Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally (3922 Views)

Buhari And Team Pictured Enjoying Breakfast As They Prepare For Lagos Rally / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by rebranded(m): 11:27am On Mar 02, 2011
Is that Bode George?

Bode George, the former Nigeria Ports Authority chairman who was recently released from Kirikiri Prison where he spent two years for fraud, was also present at the rally and sat in the front row beside Mr. Obasanjo. The presence of Mr. George at the rally, according to a source, took Mr. Jonathan by surprise. The president was reportedly unaware that the leader of the PDP in Lagos would be a guest at the function. The presidency source said that Mr. Jonathan would have preferred not to see Mr. George at the rally, but there was nothing he could do to stop the politician, who stormed the arena with an army of supporters.

“Mr. President was not aware that Bode George was one of those guests packaged for the event by the organisers. I am sure the organisers took the president unawares. You know everybody in Nigeria wants the president to remain as president after the April poll, so they are supporting him. Bode George is one of those supporting while in prison and now that he is free, he is showing it in the open,” the source said.

The campaign carnival was supported by King Suny Ade, the country’s foremost juju artist.

At home

Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola, who flagged off the ACN senatorial candidates’ campaign in the state, at Onikan Stadium, said that the PDP had consistently proved that a vote for them was a vote for suffering. He called on Nigerians to elect his party’s candidates in the forthcoming general polls. The ACN campaign took place across the three senatorial districts in the state.

Read More: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5680872-146/rival_parties_go_head_to_head.csp
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by chinakobo(m): 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
Highest display of arrogance by any political body since independence.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by anonimi: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members.
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for Corruption in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader and Achike Udenwa as frontliner.
Shine your eyes, identify, scrutinise, select and mobilise support for your national and state assembly legislator candidates on individual merit basis NOT on party basis.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by ziccoit: 1:27pm On Mar 02, 2011
What do you expect? A man that got rousing welcome.
                  Accommodated in the church, the supposed epitome of morality.
                                     Common, rally is just a place for everybody. He has gone fouls of higher values.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by 1025: 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members.
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for Corruption in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader and Achike Udenwa as frontliner.
Shine your eyes, identify, scrutinise, select and mobilise support for your national and state assembly legislator candidates on individual merit basis NOT on party basis.

@anonimi,
u and ur types are the reasons why nigeria has refused to grow.
may the sufferings of the masses which the pdp led govt of nigeria impose on the poor masses be ur portion now and in the life to come.
if lagos is a symbol of acn, which state is the symbol of pdp maybe imo state?

@topic,
nobody can give what he/she does not have. what pdp will use is what they have. looking at the history of pdp in nigeria, u will understand that bode george is one of their most influential personels hence they are selling their product with their man.
it is up to the voters to make a reasonable decision here.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2011
1025:

@anonimi,
u and your types are the reasons why nigeria has refused to grow.
may the sufferings of the masses which the pdp led govt of nigeria impose on the poor  masses be your portion now and in the life to come.
if lagos is a symbol of acn, which state is the symbol of pdp maybe imo state?

@topic,
nobody can give what he/she does not have. what pdp will use is what they have. looking at the history of pdp in nigeria, u will understand that bode george is one of their most influential personels hence they are selling their product with their man.
it is up to the voters to make a reasonable decision here.

Let me add more so that u can have heart attack Asiwaju Congress of Nigeria,Action Consensus of Nigeria,Tribal and family party with the most corrupt man Tinubu as their Godfather
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by japanson(m): 2:20pm On Mar 02, 2011
Hmmm, this shocked me when l saw ogbeni ole Bode George with Mr Jonathan, hmmmm we are suffering ourself as Fela said that we will not open eyes untill we are push to hole , this government are the same rulling us , both Fashola is good but those who put him there are bad like Tinubu the thief as well , we are just a mugun in this country,Anyway look as they are generating money from people in lagos THROUGH creating Tout , LASTMA , , LAGOSIAN look at how they are making money through lagosisan citizen, the senate emphasize this morning on the 2nd of march that all nigeria citizen should start paying tax , what wrong with our resources money what will tax do them ? hmmmm they want to form a forum of tax collector within theirself like FASHOLA and TINUBU in lagos, that form ALPHA MEGA , where are the money going to ? all nigeria student and umeployment in nigeria will soon raise issue on this , example like libya , we need to do somethings on our rulers in nigeria BABA OBASANJO , what have you done to your state you come from , your church you attend every sunday still look same since incient design , your raod in owu is not presented and you want to misleed JONATHAN too, please Jonathan the only things you can do to nigeria is stable electricity , l am sure the country will ask you to carry gooooooooooooo
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by bisiaet: 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2011
Well all I will just say is that I'm a bit dissappointed by the way he was celebrated but the truth is no matter how bad he is at least his party will stand welcome and his well wishers will still welcome him beside so many of his party member and his friends still belief the judgement was malicious and has a kind of underground political undertone.

I guess he was he was ushered in such manner because he is as one of the chieftain of their party, though I may be wrong in my view. He is corrupt definately no doubt about that but when a corrupt person is being charge to court some animals in human clothes should have stay out of it and allow the law to take its position and deliver the right judgement but they will go underground interfering to the cause of justice to take hold its place thereby give a delivery and right judment to punishing an offender for what he did but for political reasons stand on the way of justice and judgement deliver will now turn out to be foul and malicious I think this is what has really happend that Bode George was not really feeling remorse at all it is so sad indeed. These masquirade 'am talking about knows themselves and they know what am talking about here.

I'm not really blaming PDP at all because some kangaroo fingers were on the case making the judgement a kind of kangaroo judgement and the accused person is not feeling remorse at all for be a looter mad mad mad stuffs so strange in nature
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by alani74(m): 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
anonimi:

I wonder how some of our people reason. If u a PDP apologist, that shouldnt block your sense of reasoning. U may have decided to mortgage the future of your generation, but some of us will not stop untill we get the best of us to rule the rest of us and not the other way round.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by Biscute(f): 3:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
Whether PDP , or ACN This country Nigeria belongs to God, only God chooses good leader, for good government and governance,God we never allow this country to supper in the evil men. No matter your critics God will give Nigeria one PRESIDENT. April is the month of decision so which out.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by TeskyMan(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2011
anonimi:

[size=14pt]Fellow Nairalanders,

I think it is time we start telling ourselves the truth. The above post is true and nothing but the truth. Tinubu is a man I respect alot and he his a man of courage and highly intelligent. At point in time in his political journey, he missed it. Power is really intusticating him now. We all know how he has been making governance difficult for Fashola via "Ikuforiji and True face of Lagos". I am not a politician but I am abrest of what is going on around me politically and otherwise.

I have never seen a winning team changed. Why on earth will the party leaders opted for Adefulure to deputize BRF instead of the popular demand Mrs Sarah Sosan? We all know that due to the popularity of BRF, Tinubu could not subtitute him. We all heard about the level of imposition that welcomed the ACN primaries both at the state and federal house of assemblies.

Something is going on for your information, Lagosians are planing to surprise Tinubu, by VOTING for BRF as the Governor and other credible leaders under the platform of other parties apart from ACN. Can the supporter of Tinubu kindly explain us the polical antecedent of Remi Tinubu which qualifies her as the Senatorial flag bearer of ACN in the Lagos Central District? We all know he owns LCC and the anti-developmental project of Lekki-Epe Toll gate. 3 tolls in less than 15km. Lagosians are not daft.

I am not against his person but I am against his power drunken attitude? Why on earth should BRF Governor of Lagos State, will not have the power to choose his commissioners? Tinubu said so last week that BFF does not have anything to do with the appointment of Commissioners.
Do you still want Lagosian to sit down and look at the way and manner Tinubu has been robbing us blind? One thing is sure, we electorate are gradually wrestling our right from the dictators like Tinubu, who at the April pool, does not have more than one vote.

Time will surely tell, Tinubu will be disgraced. Mark my words.

You can call me names but this is a gospel truth.
[/size]
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by Fhemmmy: 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
Mr. President was not aware He would be there . . . so who is the president, if he was sitting beside OBJ . . . . . Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by floriana(m): 4:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
Obasanjo Said at the PDP rally in Ibadan that GEJ is undergoing tutelage. Now this is it:

OBJ is ex-convict

Bode George is ex-convict

Goodluck is convict in the making

He has to share the podium with his tutors.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by sirp2007: 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2011
why was he released in d 1st place?was it nt 2 campaign 4 PDP, He is doing is job, God delivered us from d hands of destiny destroyers
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2011
In as much as I condemn in totality the acts of corruption attributed to Bode George and also the little time he did for it, I don't think there is any law in Nigeria that strips you of your fundamental freedom of association, even if you an ex-con or not, that's his basic right,

Whether we like it or not-- he has paid for his crime even if we feel its lenient and would love to see him do more time--- but you can't rob a man of his fundamental human rights nor his right to associate.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
Obasanjo Said at the PDP rally in Ibadan that GEJ is undergoing tutelage. Now this is it:

OBJ is ex-convict

Bode George is ex-convict

Goodluck is convict in the making

He has to share the podium with his tutors.

so was nelson mandela
so was aung sung su kyi
so was kim dae jung
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by floriana(m): 5:27pm On Mar 02, 2011
@babasoty: you just dont get it! In decent societies, ex-cons dont get to mix it with sitting presidents so so soon after their release from gaol. What is wrong is not that he is associating, but that he is sharing the podium with a slowpoke pretending to be our president. An Obama knows he will lose an election if he mixes up with an ex-convict even two years before election. Stop being a dull-head.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by bodejohn(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
babasoty:

so was nelson mandela
so was aung sung su kyi
so was kim dae jung

Yes, but not for corruption,

babasoty:

In as much as I condemn in totality the acts of corruption attributed to Bode George and also the little time he did for it, I don't think there is any law in Nigeria that strips you of your fundamental freedom of association, even if you an ex-con or not, that's his basic right,

Whether we like it or not-- he has paid for his crime even if we feel its lenient and would love to see him do more time--- but you can't rob a man of his fundamental human rights nor his right to associate.

He has a right to associate with anybody but not with the president of my country who just said he had no foreign accounts,
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by floriana(m): 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2011
@babasoty

Now I realise you can't win an argument with a guy that is ACTIVELY IGNORANT. Did Mandela, Aung sung su kyi, and kim dae jung became ex-convicts for corruption reasons? Your father Bode George is a thief and that is why he went to prison. Until Jonathan Dullhead arranges a presidential pardon for him (and that will be soon), he does not reserve anymore the right to associate with the full rights of freemen.

Search your permafrosted conscience
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by b0dnel: 5:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
Beaf,
WHERE ARE YOU
Please tell me you can defend this!!!!!
For once admit that this is appalling,
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by anonimi: 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2011
alani74:

I wonder how some of our people reason. If u a PDP apologist, that shouldnt block your sense of reasoning. U may have decided to mortgage the future of your generation, but some of us will not stop untill we get the best of us to rule the rest of us and not the other way round.

The last time I checked 9ja does not have two parties only.
Abi na only ACN & PDP be the parties fielding candidates for national and state assembly legislators in YOUR constituency
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by tlops(m): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2011
babasoty:

so was nelson mandela
so was aung sung su kyi
so was kim dae jung

so was Obj.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by owohblow: 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2011
Bode George again?
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by malali: 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by IsmailyLEGEND(m): 1:34am On Mar 03, 2011
it saddens me. everytime i see average Nigerian saying they'll vote for d incumbent president, all because of his name. Permit me 2 say dis. The one goodluck you're seeing is among 1000 badluck. So tell me how can d goodluck manifest. Secondly, i want 2 urge Nigerians 2 vote for Acn in the forthcoming election. One thing i believe is dat sooner or later d dominance of tinubu wil soon falter. He wil be suprised wen it comes. But if we decide 2 vote 4 pdp. Let me assure u dat any vote 4 pdp is an elongated suffering on us. Thank u
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by yommyuk: 2:02am On Mar 03, 2011
Bottom line

Bode George is an ex con sad
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by gymer(m): 7:29am On Mar 03, 2011
TeskyMan:

[size=14pt]Fellow Nairalanders,

I think it is time we start telling ourselves the truth. The above post is true and nothing but the truth. Tinubu is a man I respect alot and he his a man of courage and highly intelligent. At point in time in his political journey, he missed it. Power is really intusticating him now. We all know how he has been making governance difficult for Fashola via "Ikuforiji and True face of Lagos". I am not a politician but I am abrest of what is going on around me politically and otherwise.

I have never seen a winning team changed. Why on earth will the party leaders opted for Adefulure to deputize BRF instead of the popular demand Mrs Sarah Sosan? We all know that due to the popularity of BRF, Tinubu could not subtitute him. We all heard about the level of imposition that welcomed the ACN primaries both at the state and federal house of assemblies.
God bless you.
Something is going on for your information, Lagosians are planing to surprise Tinubu, by VOTING for BRF as the Governor and other credible leaders under the platform of other parties apart from ACN. Can the supporter of Tinubu kindly explain us the polical antecedent of Remi Tinubu which qualifies her as the Senatorial flag bearer of ACN in the Lagos Central District? We all know he owns LCC and the anti-developmental project of Lekki-Epe Toll gate. 3 tolls in less than 15km. Lagosians are not daft.

I am not against his person but I am against his power drunken attitude? Why on earth should BRF Governor of Lagos State, will not have the power to choose his commissioners? Tinubu said so last week that BFF does not have anything to do with the appointment of Commissioners.
Do you still want Lagosian to sit down and look at the way and manner Tinubu has been robbing us blind? One thing is sure, we electorate are gradually wrestling our right from the dictators like Tinubu, who at the April pool, does not have more than one vote.

Time will surely tell, Tinubu will be disgraced. Mark my words.

You can call me names but this is a gospel truth.
[/size]
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by Abbygurl(f): 9:07am On Mar 03, 2011
The friend of a thief is also a thief. GEJ's excuse is unacceptable. He's telling us that as a president, he is clueless and not thinking for himself.

Imagine using Thief Bode George to influence any party's campaign at all much less that of GEJ.

Nigerians should know by now that incumbent governors or presidents cannot offer us anything but more ruthless looting and atrocities.

May God help us.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by Thalophyta(f): 11:42am On Mar 03, 2011
@ OP

Everything is crystal clear. They are all "same of the same". God, Please appoint us a leader yourself in Naija
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by alldone(m): 11:52am On Mar 03, 2011
i detest pdp action welcoming BG.
however, GEJ is still the man.
You dont barth a child and throwhim away with barth water.

He may not be perfect, but who among the other candidate is better?
for me no one.
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by rebranded(m): 11:57am On Mar 03, 2011
alldone:

for me no one.

All i can tell you is that he is PDP, if you feel he is the best for you, then goodluck. .using one mouth to say they will fight corruption and dinning with corrupt and ex-convicts with the other side. .someone that believes akala deserves a 2nd term, and OGD should have a position in his next cabinet. .I leave you to wallow in your shortsightedness
Re: Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally by Righton: 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2011
alldone:

for me no one.
We accept the imperfections of Jonathan
Remember that apart from this, he has refused to sack his corrupt (by self-admission) Minister of state for Health
But we refuse to accept the fact that others are human
Strip away the sentiments, put the candidates side by side with only your conscience to judge, then decide

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ / Letter From Shehu Shagari To Buhari / Why ECOWAS Silence After IBB Truncated Abiola Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.