Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,084 members, 7,863,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:55 AM

Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery (920 Views)

Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones / I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah / Uduaghan Shocked People Believe There’s Fake Buhari In Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by powerfulguy: 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
I'm Shocked People Are Shocked by NLC's Treachery-THREAD

The Nigerian Labor Congress has been the outpost of nakedly mercenary and treacherous intrigues at least since Adams Oshiomhole became its leader.

I know for a fact that in the early 2000s, every petrol price hike used to be
preceded by negotiations with, and eye-watering palm-greasing to, debauched labor aristocrats led by Oshiomhole.

If the price of petrol was, say, N10 per liter and the government planned to raise it to, say, N20, it would increase it to N30.

Compromised and coopted labor bureaucrats would be encouraged to talk tough and go on strike to "protest" the hike. After "negotiations" and other theatrics, government would "back down" and agree to “reduce” the price to N20. Both the government and labor aristocrats would win, and the masses would lose.

Nonetheless, the masses would be thrilled that they didn’t have to pay N30 for a liter of petrol. Unsuspecting citizens would praise the labor leaders for "fighting" for them—and the government also got brownie points for being a "listening government."

And everything went back to normal. Until the next hike. And the same chicanery would play out. But post-Oshiomhole labor leaders, particularly the current ones, neither have Oshiomhole's criminally effective wiles nor his swaggering gutsiness.

They're simply farouche, unthinking, mercenary know-nothings whose dewy-eyed eagerness for financial inducement from the government caused them to botch an amateur theater. Of course, the current regime doesn’t even respect them enough to plot the sort of carefully choreographed histrionics that previous gov'ts hatched with Oshiomhole and his gang of depraved underlings.

That anyone even thought the barely literate mercantile scammers masquerading as labor leaders would lead a strike against the government's unpopular policies shows that many Nigerians know awfully very little about the crying moral poverty of the NLC—and its evil twin the TUC.
https://twitter.com/farooqkperogi/status/1311010690166124554?s=19
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

5 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by Enudapan: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Las las nah poor man the suffer am
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by nazicartel(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
I have known this NLC to be very weak set of people... They don't have balls, the funny thing is that they will still be disappointed by the federal government next two weeks and nothing will still happen,,,,

2 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
We know.

There wont be any serious fight againt this government till they are done. When they are done I pity the next government.

Animosity is seriously loading.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by Rhapsodia: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
I fear who no fear Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by FarahAideed: 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
Too many Nigerians are too naive and too trusting of criminals ... I predicted exactly what the NLC will do and Cashout but some people here accused me of being the problem with Nigeria grin

5 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by donbachi(m): 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
Compromised labour union.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by Anyiamaka: 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
This Kperogi guy is good o. He aptly defined the toothless NLC n TUC and of cause Oshopikin got the best bite

3 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by sapientia(m): 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
I was never shocked

3 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by PresidentJosh20(m): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
In this country,shock is the least reaction to overly familiar evils.

2 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
donbachi:
Compromised labour union.
what are you doing here,suprised
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by TooMuchStuff: 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
NLC na scam

2 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by slivertongue: 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
nothing good will ever come out of a rubber stamp NLC so I wasn't surprised they suspended their threat

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by obontami: 11:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
When NLC announced the lame strike action. Boy I already know nothing gon' happen. So boy, I'm not surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by slivertongue: 11:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
Compromised and coopted labor bureaucrats would be encouraged to talk tough and go on strike to "protest" the hike. After "negotiations" and other theatrics, government would "back down" and agree to “reduce” the price to N20. Both the government and labor aristocrats would win, and the masses would lose..
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by slivertongue: 11:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
That anyone even thought the barely literate mercantile scammers masquerading as labor leaders would lead a strike against the government's unpopular policies shows that many Nigerians know awfully very little about the crying moral poverty of the NLC—and its evil twin the TUC.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by Racoon(m): 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
NLC are just toothless bulldogs under the failed government who are just copted instrumental of state oppression.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by Access003(m): 4:12am On Sep 30, 2020
The envelope is browner on the other side. The labor union traded the citizenry for paychecks. Sad!
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by obami007(m): 5:52am On Sep 30, 2020
I wonder what people were expecting
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by donbachi(m): 6:40am On Sep 30, 2020
Zzor:
what are you doing here,suprised
i'm cooking.
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 30, 2020
donbachi:
i'm cooking.
mtcheww
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by donbachi(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2020
Zzor:
mtcheww
wetin come be ur own sef?
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by Guyman02: 6:44am On Sep 30, 2020
I attended a meeting at the Villa as part of the Govt negotiation team during the last administration with Labour leaders, after the arguments and quarrels and all the we no go gree in front of the camera and the press the meeting adjourned for lunch break.

Few of us were ushered into a separate room with the labour leaders where a different agreement was reached between Govt and the NLC and the labour leaders informed us about what we have to say to the public when we get back to the conference room and how they will resist it and threaten mass action which is what will be captured by the media. We as Govt reps were told how much it will cost to pay the media editors to publish the story the way we as negotiators wanted for our principals.
After that meeting I felt really sad because I was the youngest person in the team and the future of our country.
I looked at their faces and realised the danger of snitching to Nigerians that they were being deceived by both the Govt and NLC/TUC. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by amanda2013(f): 6:48am On Sep 30, 2020
na so
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by blacknp(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2020
Guyman02:
I attended a meeting at the Villa as part of the Govt negotiation team during the last administration with Labour leaders, after the arguments and quarrels and all the we no go gree in front of the camera and the press the meeting adjourned for lunch break.

Few of us were ushered into a separate room with the labour leaders where a different agreement was reached between Govt and the NLC and the labour leaders informed us about what we have to say to the public when we get back to the conference room and how they will resist it and threaten mass action which is what will be captured by the media. We as Govt reps were told how much it will cost to pay the media editors to publish the story the way we as negotiators wanted for our principals.
After that meeting I felt really sad because I was the youngest person in the team and the future of our country.
I looked at their faces and realised the danger of snitching to Nigerians that they were being deceived by both the Govt and NLC/TUC. sad
A bad tree can never yield good fruits, same Labor congress wants to protest hikes that they themselves enforced, is electricity run by the Federal Government? The Federal Government has exited the downstream sector of the oil industry, so called labor wants to put pressure on the FG to stop the private sector from setting the price? I thought Nigerians have been shouting privatization? Now you have it, a new complaint?
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by orisa37: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2020
NLC IS AN AUCTIONEER . AND WILL SELL OUR PARENTS FOR ANYTHING IN THEIR POCKETS
Re: Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery by DenreleDave(m): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
amanda2013:
na so

Hello pretty

(1) (Reply)

Aisha-yesufu, We WANT A Nigeria Society Where Anyone Can Become Somebody / Why Is Everyone Blaming Sanwo-olu / My Current Observations Here On Nairaland On The Endsars Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.