Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,087 members, 7,852,683 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus (1716 Views)

There Is No Power In Jesus / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / “Blood Of Jesus” Drink Sold For N2,000 In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
You must have heard the saying, "There is power in the name of Jesus", That name carries power". This is not true. The power of our Lord Jesus is not in his name. It is important we get it right. When you mention the name of Jesus its not the name that makes things work, its the almighty God. If there was power in the name any body could get what ever they want at the mention of Jesus. It would mean God has put power in the hands of everyone. we know that not all who received miracle at the mention of Jesus even when it is a minister of God that prayed for them in Jesus name. This is so because the power is not on the name. In Mathew 28:18 the bibles let's us know that the power is on Jesus who accompany those who believe in him with signs and wonders (mark 26:20), those who follow after the will of the father(1john 5:14). It is not recorded in scriptures that the power of Jesus is on the name or there is power in the name. In Matthew 28:18 Jesus said, all power has been given unto me... not on his name. In John 14:13 Jesus also said to his disciples to ask anything in his name that He would do it. Notice He didn't say ask anything in my name and it shall be done but that he would do it.This means the decision to do is in the Lord's hands not the one who prayed in the name of Jesus. Of course what ever you ask must be according to the will of God otherwise he won't respond. Scripture says in James 4:3 some ask and don't receive because they ask for lustful reasons, in other words they did not ask according to God's will. Anytime the name of Jesus is mentioned and nothing happens then it evident that's it's not according to his will or time. Jesus was never in a situation where his prayer wasn't answered because he knew the will of God and time for him. This was as a result of being in constant fellowship with the father. What difference does it make whether the power is in Jesus or his name You may ask? The difference is, it makes the people to focus on the name instead of the Lord Jesus, it makes us to think the power to do anything is in our hand, it also makes Jesus a lair because some faithful Christians got no result using the name at some point in time. It makes it look like God fails to respond sometimes. But let God be true and man a lair. Romans 3:4. On the other hand, when you know the truth that the power is on our Lord Jesus and not on his name you focus on having a relationship with him and to do his will which is what the father seek.

#ThereIsNoPowerInTheNameOfJesus
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
If you have any questions bring it on.
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by YoonSung10: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
Philippians 2:10 "that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,"

Do you skip this verse when you read bible?
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
Let's be practical now when u mention the name of Jesus do every knee bow?
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by sonmvayina(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
If there was will the white man share it with us For once in your lives THINK.
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2020
fanenene:

Not when any Ojo, Okey and fanenene, mentions the Name nor for any trivial matter But Only in the Mouths of Those Who are His True Children, Worlds Change!
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2020
YoonSung10:
Philippians 2:10 "that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,"

Do you skip this verse when you read bible?

When we are told that "at the Name of Jesus", it means by the authority of Jesus Christ.
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
fanenene:
You must have heard the saying, "There is power in the name of Jesus", That name carries power". This is not true. The power of our Lord Jesus is not in his name. It is important we get it right. When you mention the name of Jesus its not the name that makes things work, its the almighty God. If there was power in the name any body could get what ever they want at the mention of Jesus. It would mean God has put power in the hands of everyone. we know that not all who received miracle at the mention of Jesus even when it is a minister of God that prayed for them in Jesus name. This is so because the power is not on the name. In Mathew 28:18 the bibles let's us know that the power is on Jesus who accompany those who believe in him with signs and wonders (mark 26:20), those who follow after the will of the father(1john 5:14). It is not recorded in scriptures that the power of Jesus is on the name or there is power in the name.
I understand the point you make but still Jesus Christ did instruct that those who are followers of His(Ofcourse those who walk according to the Will of God) ask the Father, in His name(the name of Jesus Christ), just as God commanded the people of the Old Covenant to ask in the name that He gave them, the name YHWH.
fanenene:
In Matthew 28:18 Jesus said, all power has been given unto me... not on his name. In John 14:13 Jesus also said to his disciples to ask anything in his name that He would do it. Notice He didn't say ask anything in my name and it shall be done but that he would do it.This means the decision to do is in the Lord's hands not the one who prayed in the name of Jesus. Of course what ever you ask must be according to the will of God otherwise he won't respond. Scripture says in James 4:3 some ask and don't receive because they ask for lustful reasons, in other words they did not ask according to God's will. Anytime the name of Jesus is mentioned and nothing happens then it evident that's it's not according to his will or time.
fanenene:
Jesus was never in a situation where his prayer wasn't answered because he knew the will of God and time for him. This was as a result of being in constant fellowship with the father. What difference does it make whether the power is in Jesus or his name You may ask? The difference is, it makes the people to focus on the name instead of the Lord Jesus, it makes us to think the power to do anything is in our hand, it also makes Jesus a lair because some faithful Christians got no result using the name at some point in time. It makes it look like God fails to respond sometimes. But let God be true and man a lair. Romans 3:4. On the other hand, when you know the truth that the power is on our Lord Jesus and not on his name you focus on having a relationship with him and to do his will which is what the father seek.
#ThereIsNoPowerInTheNameOfJesus
Yes, Jesus Christ was never in a situation where His prayer went unanswered, but still Jesus Christ did say that anything(everything) we ask in His name, He will do it, or did He not say this?
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I understand the point you make but still Jesus Christ did instruct that those who are followers of His(Ofcourse those who walk according to the Will of God) ask the Father, in His name(the name of Jesus Christ), just as God commanded the people of the Old Covenant to ask in the name that He gave them, the name YHWH.

Yes, Jesus Christ was never in a situation where His prayer went unanswered, but still Jesus Christ did say that anything(everything) we ask in His name, He will do it, or did He not say this?

This is it.
John 14:13-14

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
fanenene:
You must have heard the saying, "There is power in the name of Jesus", That name carries power". This is not true.

You know not that there is Power in A Name!

1 Like

Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
This is it.
John 14:13-14

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
I agree with much of what the OP says, only I also submit that the Name is of essence as it is in reference to the New Covenant, separate from the name that is attached to the Old Covenant, YHWH.

Each Covenant has a name by which the blessings and promises are, for lack of a better word, invoked. The name of Jesus Christ is essential for one to benefit from that which is available through the New Covenant. But as the OP suggests, the power is not in the name but in the agreement and it's obedience.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 12:40am On Oct 03, 2020
What I am trying to say is when u read the post you will discover that the power is on Jesus not his name. But we have been taught that the power is in the name. We have to get it right when u call the name in other words you are standing on the authority that is bestowed on Jesus. I know you believe in Jesus so ask for 10million in the name of Jesus and give me feedback.
Dtruthspeaker:

Not when any Ojo, Okey and fanenene, mentions the Name nor for any trivial matter But Only in the Mouths of Those Who are His True Children, Worlds Change!
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2020
fanenene:
What I am trying to say is when u read the post you will discover that the power is on Jesus not his name. But we have been taught that the power is in the name. We have to get it right when u call the name in other words you are standing on the authority that is bestowed on Jesus.

I now understand what you are attempting to say which is that

A Name is not without a Person.and the Power of a Name, is the Power flowing from the Person, Holder of that Name.

Powerful Person, Powerful Name, little power or less-power (powerless) person, powerless name.

Thus, when you call out a Name, you are Inviting the Person and His Power.

fanenene:

I know you believe in Jesus so ask for 10million in the name of Jesus and give me feedback.

grin I understand but I will never make that mistake and Kirk Franklin helped me here, in his song Silver and Gold.

"I'll rather have Jesus, than silver and gold
(or any million or billion)"

Then, I have also learnt that it is the Will of God for our Salvation that we live from day to day

"Give us this day, our daily bread"

"Think not of the morrow (future) for tomorrow shall take care of itself"

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof".

"Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by sonmvayina(m): 10:28am On Oct 03, 2020
Eze 18:21 "And if the wicked man repent of all his sins that he has committed and keeps all My laws and executes justice and righteousness, he shall surely live, he shall not die."
There is no need for J-s �
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by silibaba: 10:42am On Oct 03, 2020
fanenene:
you bow in the spirit
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
It says every kneel shall bow. Which kneel was it referring to? When it talks about kneel bowing it a sign of reverence. In the days of old when a king passes every head and kneel bow as he pass as a sign of Reverence. Now it says at mention of the name which is JESUS every knee shall bow Meaning reverence because God has highly exalted him and given him a name that is above all every other name even the earthly kings name. Till date when u go to England you will hear words like in the name of the queen in other words by the Queen's authority. But you cannot use the Queen's authority if you don't know the queen of have a personal relationship with the queen it will be said to be a fraud. But in the case of JESUS it will not work because you don't know him and it's not in the will of the father to do that thing that you ask. If you doubt it try it and give me feed back.
silibaba:
you bow in the spirit
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
sonmvayina:
Eze 18:21 "And if the wicked man repent of all his sins that he has committed and keeps all My laws and executes justice and righteousness, he shall surely live, he shall not die."

"If the wicked man repent of all his sins that he has committed and keeps all My laws.."

Does The Law Not say "man shall live by the Word of the Lord?"

Is it not the Word of the Lord that "This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!”?

I once asked you but you refuse to answer, that Is it Right or Righteous to Heed Who The Lord Has sent? yet the Law which you yourself brought have raised up, commanded you to do Righteousness, yet you refuse.

You also raised that the Law Commanded that you do "justice" yet look at your justice, You Condemn the Lord, Jesus Christ, even after I have severally Defended Him and you could find no wrong against Him and was silent, you rather than Acquit Him, You Move up to Another Thread to Show Case your Wicked Unjust Condemnation of Him, after insulting me.

You are incapable of doing Justice and therefore, you obey not the Laws of God, you are just a wicked man going all over the place condemning an Innocent Person, attempting to get other people to follow your Wicked way EXACTLY AS THE LORD HIMSELF PROPHESIED, THAT YOU MUST DO EVEN BEFORE YOU WERE BORN!
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
sonmvayina:

Oh! Praise to God that you know that you are wicked
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by petra1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
fanenene:

Yes every knee bow. If you use the name in faith . Jehovah God is not the one running the show he has committed all authority to christ and his name

John 3:35
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
Oya wherever you are go outside where there are people and call the name of Jesus and see if anyone will bow their knee and give me feedback back. If possible pictorial evidence. Also God almighty still run the show till date but he runs through his son jesus remember Jesus is the son of God not God. And remember God is the one that exulted Jesus not Jesus exalting himself.
petra1:

Yes every knee bow. If you use the name in faith . Jehovah God is not the one running the show he has committed all authority to christ and his name

John 3:35
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by sonmvayina(m): 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Oh! Praise to God that you know that you are wicked

LOL...
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by petra1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2020
fanenene:
Oya wherever you are go outside where there are people and call the name of Jesus and see if anyone will bow their knee and give me feedback back. If possible pictorial evidence. Also God almighty still run the show till date but he runs through his son jesus remember Jesus is the son of God not God. And remember God is the one that exulted Jesus not Jesus exalting himself.

Its talking about evil spirit bowing under his authority not human being
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ok please look for a mad man around you now and cast the evil spirit from him in the name of jesus and see what will happen. Pls give me feedback.
petra1:

Its talking about evil spirit bowing under his authority not human being
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by petra1(m): 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
fanenene:
Ok please look for a mad man around you now and cast the evil spirit from him in the name of jesus and see what will happen. Pls give me feedback.

I've done that to many. Do you have an ailment?
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
No I do not have an ailment. What I said is I mean now go and do it now and I need a pictorial evidence or a video recording to discard what I am saying. I can tell you for sure that if the Lord Jesus does not send you and you go off your own accord you may experience what there experience in acts 19:13-16
petra1:

I've done that to many. Do you have an ailment?
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by petra1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
fanenene:
No I do not have an ailment. What I said is I mean now go and do it now and I need a pictorial evidence or a video recording to discard what I am saying.

You a video evidence of demons being cast out in his name? . There are many on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOprZJ2CbR0

I can tell you for sure that if the Lord Jesus does not send you and you go off your own accord you may experience what there experience in acts 19:13-16

What other sending do you need beyond. The authority is given already

Mark 16:17
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
The above scripture you quoted was "in my name" not with my name get the difference. and I am not disputing the fact that the authority on Jesus cannot be used to cast away demons. What I am saying is the power is not in the name but on the person that has the name. So without a proper knowledge of the person the name is not useful to the one who uses it.
petra1:

You a video evidence of demons being cast out in his name? . There are many on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOprZJ2CbR0

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by petra1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
fanenene:
The above scripture you quoted was "in my name" not with my name get the difference. and I am not disputing the fact that the authority on Jesus cannot be used to cast away demons. What I am saying is the power is not in the name but on the person that has the name. So without a proper knowledge of the person the name is not useful to the one who uses it.

Maybe I didn't get your point let me read your post again

1 Like

Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
petra1:

The woman in that video ought to be sent to see a good psychiatrist, not made a show thing to the glory of some pastor.
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by fanenene(m): 4:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
OK
petra1:

Maybe I didn't get your point let me read your post again
Re: There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus by Wealthyblaqboy1: 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2020
The name of jesus christ is more than just like a condemned robber at the point of execution by firing a message was sent in the name of the country President and the execution was aborted immediately. That's what I called (power that name have) thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olorun Agbaye Co-singer Chandler Moore Marries Heartthrob / Is There Freewill In Heaven? / ~ The Burden ~An Inspirational Message~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.