Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) (58644 Views)

200 Ukranian Special Forces, Soldiers Killed By Russian Air Strikes (Graphic) / Taliban Unveils Special Forces In Armour Vest, Helmet And Night Vision(Pics) / Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2020
Russian soldiers have been captured slugging it out in a gruesome boxing fight as part of their qualifications for a special forces beret in a spectacular set of photos.

Volga Federal District's National Guard special forces servicemen took part in the gruelling test to earn a crimson beret today.

Striking pictures show the men battering each other's faces bloody at the Bars training ground in the Republic of Tatarstan, southwest Russia.

The soldiers also performed a series of other qualifications tests, including weapons and ammunition drills, kickboxing and obstacle courses.

They hope to earn a crimson beret, worn by elite members of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) Spetsnaz units. It is referred to as 'krapoviy'.

The special annual exam to earn the honour of wearing the beret was devised by Sergei Lysyuk, a former commander of the elite Vityaz special forces unit of the MVD.

He told Russia Beyond: 'It all started when I read the book “Alpha Team” by Miklós Szabó, a former US special forces soldier.

'There, the right to wear the green beret was earned by a gruelling test, with blood and sweat.

'The book made a very strong impression on me and led me to think of establishing a test for my division, for the right to wear a crimson beret that was not simply a hat, but became a symbol of a highly qualified Spetsnaz commando.'

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12445248_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12445249_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12445250_2_1_jpeg39600cc0abb4e51df588528497733fae

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12445251_3_1_jpeg3f49400ddf8eae0dd05f02a19bca1744

The programme, including special physical and tactical training, has been used in all Spetsnaz units of the Interior Ministry troops since since May 31, 1993.

Soldiers must go through three stages : a physical fitness test, a weapons and ammunition test, and a final '12 minutes of hell' round, which is split into four periods of hand-to-hand combat with a crimson beret opponent.

The physical fitness stage involves a five-mile run through rugged terrain, including chest high stagnant water, minefields and areas surrounded in smoke and fire.

It is accompanied by mental battery from a group of 'psychological manipulation' soldiers who shout at the runners and throw mud and smoke puff charges at them.

The weapons stage requires soldiers show skill in firing an RPG-7 anti-tank grenade launcher, the AGS-17 automatic grenade launcher, PK or PKT machine guns, the AK74M automatic, Makarov or Stechkin pistols and the SVD sniper rifle.

Finally, the soldiers have to fight an existing crimson beret wearer to earn the right to wear their own.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12445254_3_jpeg182845aceb39c9e413e28fd549058cf8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12445255_4_jpeg9679ccb5a92f650b83fcf29e0a6a6775

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12445256_5_jpegddf9c9a45551e218c4018d5c53e9f6bb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12445257_6_jpegc57de7ffb63a04971dc3a933cf2f080d

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8794887/Russian-soldiers-fight-qualify-special-forces-crimson-beret.html

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by DenreleDave(m): 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
grin

Okay as the matter be now..

I am ready to take on Mynd44 lalasticlala UDUJ Jonnyspute all together..

1 against 4... I am ready....

Let the fight begin......

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Just for an Earthly Beret!!
If Humans will go through this for a Corruptible Beret or award ..
What will you do to Have an Incorruptible Golden Crown From the KING of Kings?

No Matter what you are Going through,
No Matter the Pains, No Matter the Challenges,
No Matter the Hunger, No Matter the Delays,
No Matter the Persecutions, No Matter the Trials,
Look Beyond it all! Look to JESUS!
Very Very Very Soon, We are going to be Snatched away from this Wicked Earth to a Place where all Tears will be Wiped away..

Don't Give up!!

368 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Nothing is painful as engaging in such combat, they remove your teeth and lastly you went home without the Beret. grin grin grin grin

But on a serious note, if they want to see fight, boxing with strength make them come Nigeria. When one slap from hit you, you go run go house grin grin

If they should try this with naija soldier, you will realise all this small small soldiers boys harassing you, don't have any power without their gun. You can literally beat the hell outta them. grin grin

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Kriss216: 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
Brethren, is it safe to mention Nigerian Soldiers here cry.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Shuzzi(m): 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
interesting
Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Kriss216: 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Nothing is painful as engaging in such combat, they remove your teeth and lastly you went home without the Beret. grin grin grin grin

But on a serious note, if they want to see fight, boxing with strength make them come Nigeria. When one slap from hit you, you go run go house grin grin

If they should try this with naija soldier, you will realise all this small small soldiers boys harassing you, don't have any power without their gun. You can literally beat the hell outta them. grin grin
I’ve witnessed in Ariaria Aba at ATE free zone where they sell yam and fowls, a wheelbarrow pusher disfigured a Nigerian soldier’s face with blows.

The road was bad and the barrow pusher was struggling to push his barrow out of the way so an Army van can pass. One of the soldiers at the back of van descended on the barrow pusher with koboko, the barrow pusher out of annoyance and reflex action threw a punch at the soldier. Come and see fight. The other soldiers at the back of van wanted to interfere but their commander sitting in front ordered them to step back.

Man to man fight. Come and see punch. It was that day I started respecting barrow pushers. Aba people ridiculed the soldier that day. People started dashing the barrow pusher money.

323 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by tillaman(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
Damn, just like the video I saw sometimes back where 2 Nigerian soldiers were stabbing one another with broken bottle grin

1 Like

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2020
Can Buhari just invite Russian soldiers to Nigeria for 3 months? I believe they will decimate boko haram... but he wont because they are his brothers

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Ehiscotch(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kriss216:
Brethren, is it safe to mention Nigerian Soldiers here cry.

It is because of this Nigerian soldiers that you can comfortably sit in your house and type what you just did.

Please, show some respect to people who gave their lives for your peace and security and stop trying to be corny or anything.

No be everything be opposition.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Ehiscotch(m): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Can Buhari just invite Russian soldiers to Nigeria for 3 months? I believe they will decimate boko haram... but he wont because they are his brothers

Were they Jonathan's brothers in 2010-2015?

Or are you all suddenly vast and knowledgeable on how to deal with terrorism all of a sudden?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

Very Very Very Soon, We are going to be Snatched away from this Wicked Earth to a Place where all Tears will be Wiped away..

Don't Give up!!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2020
I want to take on Seun one on one like this. grin grin

Am so damn sure I will beat the hell outta him. grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by heendrix(m): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
shocked 9ja soldiers still dey learn

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by heendrix(m): 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

Don't Give up!!

You're something else grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
heendrix:

You're something else grin grin

I KNOW!

11 Likes

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by heendrix(m): 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

I KNOW!
Goodday Pastor.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2020
heendrix:

Goodday Pastor.
Goodday My Brother..
You are Blessed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

Don't Give up!!
Oboy, i asked you a question of which you are yet to give me a response

Whats your heavenly kingdom all about, i wish to know.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2020
Akamariner:

Oboy, i asked you a question of which you are yet to give me a response

Whats your heavenly kingdom all about, i wish to know.

It's all about your Eternal Destination..
This Earth is not our Home
You, I and Everyone Else are only Passing through the Earth.

Our Eternal Home is Either Heaven or Hell, based on who we Believe and live for..

Accepting the Free Gift of Salvation Fully Paid by Jesus Christ Gives you Access to Heaven.
Refusing to Accept Jesus Gives you Access to Destruction and Hell.

We all Must Miss one Eternal Destination!
If you Miss Heaven, you Can't Miss Hell..

35 Likes

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2020
Buhari and Tinubu needs to slug things out this way for all what they've brought on this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's all about your Eternal Destination..
This Earth is not our Home
You, I and Everyone Else are only Passing through the Earth.

Our Eternal Home is Either Heaven or Hell, based on who we Believe and live for..

Accepting the Free Gift of Salvation Fully Paid by Jesus Christ Gives you Access to Heaven.
Refusing to Accept Jesus Gives you Access to Destruction and Hell.

We all Must Miss one Eternal Destination!
If you Miss Heaven, you Can't Miss Hell..

What of those who don't believe in jesus, where do they go?

And we that don't have any religion, where do we go?

Well you said hell.

If i may ask, have you ever been to either side? Can you describe to us how it is?

Further more, those who goes through serious hardship, what shall we liken their suffering to.
Also those who are born in wealth and practically had not go through any hardship, what shall we liken them to?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by DaddyRochie1642: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Soldiers from Hell grin grin
Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by davillian(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
See drills
But here is Nigeria it's for them to swim up n mud and get beaten like goats

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by davillian(m): 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

That guy in red looks like a professional kick boxer
Without head guard and still bursting people's nose and eyes with punches....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2020
davillian:

That guy in red looks like a professional kick boxer
Without head guard and still bursting people's nose and eyes with punches....
grin am telling you, if care is not taken he will burst everyboy nose grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Enudapan: 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated shaa
Maybe Nigeria should start copying this people
Via military ways

Buh wait oh
Person fit receive punch way go change en
Life and format en sense for here oh grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by skywall: 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
damn...dudes face looks messed up

1 Like

Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by Adonis86(m): 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
Hmm
Re: Russian Troops Battle Each Other To Earn Much-Prized Special Forces Beret (Pics) by AFvckingAlpha(m): 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
The fvck

Niggar!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Panic As Busy Highway Divides In Cameroon, Vehicles Almost Swallowed. Photos / Joe Barton Sends Nudes To Lady With Explicit Text Message (Photos) / Masturbation Booth, 'Guyfi booth' In Newyork, Now Open For Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.