Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari (11385 Views)

Should Sahih Hadiths Really Be 100% Accepted? / Al Bukhari: The Master in the Science Of Prophetic Narrations / Fabrications And Errors In Sahih Bukhari and Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
Narrated Abu Huraira, that he heard Rasulullah sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam saying:

Allah willed to test three who were a leper, a blind man and a bald-headed man.

So, he sent them an angel who came to the leper and said, “What thing do you like most?” He replied, “Good color and good skin, for the people have a strong aversion to me.” The angel touched him and his illness was cured, and he was given a good color and beautiful skin. The angel asked him, “What kind of property do you like best?” He replied, “Camels (or cows).” (The narrator is in doubt, for either the leper or the bald-headed man demanded camels and the other demanded cows.) So he (i.e. the leper) was given a pregnant she-camel, and the angel said (to him), “May Allah bless you in it.”

The angel then went to the bald-headed man and said, “What thing do you like most?” He said, “I like good hair and wish to be cured of this disease, for the people feel repulsion for me.” The angel touched him and his illness was cured, and he was given good hair. The angel asked (him), “What kind of property do you like best?” He replied, “Cows.” The angel gave him a pregnant cow and said, “May Allah bless you in it.”

The angel went to the blind man and asked, ‘What thing do you like best?’ He said, “(I like) that Allah may restore my eye-sight to me so that I may see the people.” The angel touched his eyes and Allah gave him back his eye-sight. The angel asked him, “What kind of property do you like best?” He replied, “Sheep.” The angel gave him a pregnant sheep.

Afterwards, all the three pregnant animals gave birth to young ones, and multiplied and brought forth so much that one of the (three) men had a herd of camels filling a valley, and one had a herd of cows filling a valley, and one had a flock of sheep filling a valley.

Then the angel, disguised in the shape and appearance of a leper, went to the leper and said, “I am a poor man, who has lost all means of livelihood while on a journey. So none will satisfy my need except Allah and then you. In the Name of Him Who has given you such nice color and beautiful skin, and so much property, I ask you to give me a camel so that I may reach my destination.” The man replied, “I have many obligations (so I cannot give you).” The angel said, “I think I know you; were you not a leper to whom the people had a strong aversion? Weren’t you a poor man, and then Allah gave you (all this property)?” He replied, “(This is all wrong), I got this property through inheritance from my fore-fathers.” The angel said, “If you are telling a lie, then let Allah make you as you were before.”

Then the angel, disguised in the shape and appearance of a bald man, went to the bald man and said to him the same as he told the first one, and he too answered the same as the first one did. The angel said, “If you are telling a lie, then let Allah make you as you were before.”

The angel, disguised in the shape of a blind man, went to the blind man and said, “I am a poor man and a traveler, whose means of livelihood have been exhausted while on a journey. I have nobody to help me except Allah, and after Him, you yourself. I ask you in the Name of Him Who has given you back your eye-sight to give me a sheep, so that with its help, I may complete my journey.” The man said, “No doubt, I was blind and Allah gave me back my eye-sight; I was poor and Allah made me rich; so take anything you wish from my property. By Allah, I will not stop you for taking anything (you need) of my property which you may take for Allah’s sake.” The angel replied, “Keep your property with you. You (i.e., the three men) have been tested and Allah is pleased with you and is angry with your two companions.”

[Sahih Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 56 Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) and his Companions Number 670]

https://abdurrahman.org/2009/07/23/story-of-the-leper-the-bald-man-and-the-blind-man/

23 Likes

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Realismailakabir: 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
Allahu Akbar. May Allah save us from denying His glory in our life, make us a grateful servant, and save us from stinginess

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by AntiChristian: 5:26am On Oct 04, 2020
Aamin. Lovely story.

Which of the favors of Allah do we deny?

Alhamdulillah!

6 Likes

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Formularcr7: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2020
God save our soul.
Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by thaoriginator: 10:01am On Nov 20, 2020
Anygry Christian slaves here also grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by WeDesignDbest(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2020
Allahu Akbar
Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Plut01: 10:07am On Nov 20, 2020
sunshineV:
mtcheeeeeeeeew!! bullshit stories. i bet none of these ever happened. just bunch of nonsense to mislead the hardworking and rich ones to give out to the poor. if allah is so powerful why cant he bless everyone?

Alaye calm down
Allah won't bless everyone because he understands the effect of inflation that could cause cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by alphaconde(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2020
good story
Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by TruthHurts1(m): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2020
This tales by moonlight story doesn't even mention the "prophet". Of all the lovely stories about Mo in Sunnah like him marrying a 6 year old girl or murdering an old woman for calling him names, why was this Maqoof one chosen?

AntiChristian:
Aamin. Lovely story.

Which of the favors of Allah do we deny?

Alhamdulillah!

3 Likes

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by DennisEche(m): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2020
SO NO BE TODAY THOSE PEOPLE AND COWS RELATIONSHIP START

6 Likes

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 20, 2020
Fake bullshit story

2 Likes

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2020
Christians are showing a lot of tolerance here over a harmless story, Jesus is ashamed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2020
Hhh
Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Stocktrader1: 11:03am On Nov 20, 2020
Nice story both I'm not a Muslim

3 Likes

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by AbuAeesha: 11:23am On Nov 20, 2020
Masha Allah
Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by AbuAeesha: 11:27am On Nov 20, 2020
Sodiquinone:
Christians are showing a lot of tolerance here over a harmless story, Jesus is ashamed
they have to go to the extent of disguise as a muslim just to costitute nuisance and comment on islamic posts, they are just too obsessed with islam. ISLAM will forever prosper no matter how much they hate

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by XXXXTENTACION: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2020
Na this kind of stories Osama Bin Laden read before he began to detonate bombs. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Freelane33(m): 11:37am On Nov 20, 2020
No wonder your moniker says NAIJAOLOSHO , OLOSHO NO DEY GET SENSE
NaijaOlosho:
Bokoharam members must have read about this story too? cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by portborn: 11:41am On Nov 20, 2020
Masha Allah
Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Freelane33(m): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2020
Paid for everything but calling ALLAH name is for free . Allah akbir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by drealcivilceno(m): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Mmm....

Opinions are like clothes, once in a while we would have one or two holes.

Listen, I don't understand why someone will type destructive words on someones platform, the person is fucking stupid.

In the same vein, why would you think that because the person does not support your notion, then he is opposite of your stand, for all the wrong ones, you accuse christians when there are atheists, traditionalists, Buddhists, non-conformists etc.huh.

Who ever is in charge of this section, I'm not a Muslim, I just had to accept the condition to post but if it cannot change then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by DasaintHope(m): 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
Tales by moonlight. Religion of piss
Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Abusadiq01(m): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
sunshineV:
mtcheeeeeeeeew!! bullshit stories. i bet none of these ever happened. just bunch of nonsense to mislead the hardworking and rich ones to give out to the poor. if allah is so powerful why cant he bless everyone?

He has the power to make everyone rich and wealthy, but most human are ingrates and lack contentment. So he decided to give wealthy to whom ever he wills... May we be among those he will...

2 Likes

Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Fabi ahyi alahiro bikumo tukasinbaun
Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by sunshineV(f): 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2020
Plut01:

Alaye calm down
Allah won't bless everyone because he understands the effect of inflation that could cause cheesy cheesy

inflation? dfkm guy grin
Re: Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari by Pymetrics: 6:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
sunshineV:
Almighty Allah has narrated your example in one of the Verses of Quran which I can't remember to quote verbatim
.... "Those who said Allah is poor and they are richer, their words has been recorded..... "
If you died unrepented, then be expecting a chastise punishment for what you just type here today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / La Ilaha Illa Allah: It's Meaning And Implication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.