Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,170 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment (24371 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Kidnapping, Banditry Not Federal Offences In Nigeria / Goodluck Jonathan: Ballot, Not Courts, Should Determine Election Winners / How Does One Get A Government Appointment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by EmmaOgbu(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
My friend merit alone can't work, but merit with federal character.

Use merit to select from each state, then get the best from them all. Distribute them across the nation. That is what the so called Federal Character Commission stands for.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
Remove quota system and see the North go nut.

They cant do without the "push and start" quota system because 98% of them ain't qualified for any job or appointment.
The Northerners, especially the muslims amongst them are empty headed.
Idiot who knw nothing but religious bigotry. Your pastors are feeding u wth lies to the hell, seriously misleading u. Come to the North and learn how North is in terms of everything. With all the paper qualifications u're deceiving urself what effect has it have in ur state. What's the impact of the so called paper qualifications has done to ur state institutions, are they functioning well?
Compare the performance of Northern Muslims in all the previous govt appointments to ur ppl?
Use N/Delta as an example, there are more infrastructure development, human capital development in Kano than entire SS and SE combined.
Educated ppl frm Kano are more than the whole Akwa Ibom population. In a society wth large population u expect mix impact.
Your ppl are not doing anything as ur govt steering but mental inferiority is always forcing u to attack others instead of ur immediate leaders. North & Muslims matter will giv u HBP.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by amakadlite(f): 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2020
SmartProf:
Oga u have spoken well. The so called federal character is even skewed to favour those from a certain abokki region. That's how they carried one expired quota system lawyer and recommended to ICC. His IQ was too low for even phase one of the screening, so ICC evicted him with a straight red card. I'm sure ICC may even have warned him not to check their application portal again.
grin you are seriously mouthed!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by JudasNaCarrot: 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
Coronabirus:
Idiot who knw nothing but religious bigotry. Your pastors are feeding u wth lies to the hell, seriously misleading u. Come to the North and learn how North is in terms of everything. With all the paper qualifications u're deceiving urself what effect has it have in ur state. What's the impact of the so called paper qualifications has done to ur state institutions, are they functioning well?
Compare the performance of Northern Muslims in all the previous govt appointments to ur ppl?
Use N/Delta as an example, there are more infrastructure development, human capital development in Kano than entire SS and SE combined.
Educated ppl frm Kano are more than the whole Akwa Ibom population. In a society wth large population u expect mix impact.
Your ppl are not doing anything as ur govt steering but mental inferiority is always forcing u to attack others instead of ur immediate leaders. North & Muslims matter will giv u HBP.
This pictures below depicts the development in the North you talked about abi.

You guys are empty headed and dont ever venture into anything that is intellectually challenging.
How many medical doctors,engineers, professors are there in the North compared to their huge population. In the south there is no single family you wont fine a graduate.
Argue with the pictures below.....

Termite!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by edonks1: 5:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
It’s quite unfortunate we have the wrong people in power. Democracy is majority and not intelligent. Fela song. Demonstration of crazy people
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by bejeria101(m): 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
That's the dumbest thing I have heard.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by UncleJJ(m): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2020
lamentor78:
If is merit North will not even smell any appointments, example, the nomination for ICC, the olodo High Court

Federal Character (Quota System) does not determine appointments. It determines allocation of available slots for appointments.

If we have 500 slots; we use federal character to decide. In Nigeria Geo-politics is at the top. So we share by NC, SS, SE, SW....

When your group get 60 slots; only the best of the best from your geo-zone will get the job. Osinbajo himself is a product of geo-politics which is heavily rooted on Federal character.

Easterners, who insist the presidency should be zone to the SE are hinging clearly on Federal Character. If this country's election was by merit, then north will rule for ever because the "requirement" having the highest votes will often be within their reach.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by PlainSight(m): 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
Good IdeA.But who is gonna decide who merits what.Nigeria na strange country Sha
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
This pictures below depicts the development in the North you talked about abi.

You guys are empty headed and dont ever venture into anything that is intellectually challenging.
How many medical doctors,engineers, professors are there in the North compared to their huge population. In the south there is no single family you wont fine a graduate.
Argue with the pictures below.....

Termite!
There is more sympathetic, hopeless ppl in all part of this nation. I think u complain more abt hardship thn ur Northern counter parts. I'm graduate of Electrical Engineer and almost all northern states Universities offer Engineering and medical courses. BUK alone produce more than 1000 Engineering graduates every year with more than 8 Engineering discipline and is the same wth most universities and Polytechnic here. BUK and Unilag are the only Universities allowed to enroll more than 80 candidates in medicine by NUC with around 120 and 150 respectively, this is because of their population factor. Most Northern states send hundreds students abroad to study medicine, Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Pharmacy on scholarships and this has been the legacy left by Sardauna and the legacy is being kept by most states. During Kwankwaso's 4 yrs in Kano he sent more than 6 thousands student abroad to study only professional courses and there is no FG university, Polytechnic or FCE in Nigeria that u'll not see Kano indigene lecturing. Hundreds Kano ppl were sent abroad to study pilot, now in the whole Africa there is no single state that has as much number of Kano pilots, Kwankwaso asked them to stay there when they get employment there, nw they're doing well.
The lucrative nature of states scholarship in the North is what make them pursue their states scholarship than FG scholarships.
Make a good research. AKTH is among the best 3 Teaching hospital in Nigeria with best skilled personnel. I wish u could think out of box and face reality rather than listening to bigotic, religious fanatic who uses ur ignorance to feed u wth lies abt north. I've been to all Nigerian states and FCT, so u can't tell me shot abt Naija. I knw a lot abt Nigeria and it's diversity. You better face the challenges of poor leadership in ur region than ranting abt baseless things. I knw all Politicians are not meeting our expectations bt Northern Politicians are miles away in terms of hardworking than their Southern counter parts.
I was so sad when I saw Edo ppl celebrating Obasekin victory not because I wanted APC to win bt because it was not victory of conscience. With13% derivation, non payment of pension, poor infrastructure, delay in salary with little he has done he shouldn't have win that election but the so called civilised there can't even make a better choice for themselves bt rather insult central govt because of bigotry and this is the same wth most of ur states.
Wake up and live to reality.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Ikinternational: 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
Arrewa:
I pray they bring merit on board.

Igbos will cry marginalization tire!

You think being intelligent is by speaking English??

Being intelligent is all about being logical, strategic and understanding the concept of your course.

The Easterners are not intelligent... Politically and socially.

That's why we will continue to dominate you... Either you like it or not.

Keep deceiving yourself that we are all illiterates.

It's of our own advantage.

This is my state kano...

The state of illiterates and backwardness

Literally laugh out loud.
In a post with Nigerians commenting, it's the easterners that gave him headache.

Which easterners are crying marginalization outside Nigeria? lol. They simply achieve.
Abi you forgot the world extends pass Nigeria? Smh

Mr local champion
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Erojepromise(f): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
kaylavhany:

Vietnam visa will cost how much?
please do call my number for enquires

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Erojepromise(f): 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
kaylavhany:

Vietnam visa will cost how much?
please do call my number for enquires
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by JudasNaCarrot: 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
Coronabirus:
There is more sympathetic, hopeless ppl in all part of this nation. I think u complain more abt hardship thn ur Northern counter parts. I'm graduate of Electrical Engineer and almost all northern states Universities offer Engineering and medical courses. BUK alone produce more than 1000 Engineering graduates every year with more than 8 Engineering discipline and is the same wth most universities and Polytechnic here. BUK and Unilag are the only Universities allowed to enroll more than 80 candidates in medicine by NUC with around 120 and 150 respectively, this is because of their population factor. Most Northern states send hundreds students abroad to study medicine, Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Pharmacy on scholarships and this has been the legacy left by Sardauna and the legacy is being kept by most states. During Kwankwaso's 4 yrs in Kano he sent more than 6 thousands student abroad to study only professional courses and there is no FG university, Polytechnic or FCE in Nigeria that u'll not see Kano indigene lecturing. Hundreds Kano ppl were sent abroad to study pilot, now in the whole Africa there is no single state that has as much number of Kano pilots, Kwankwaso asked them to stay there when they get employment there, nw they're doing well.
The lucrative nature of states scholarship in the North is what make them pursue their states scholarship than FG scholarships.
Make a good research. AKTH is among the best 3 Teaching hospital in Nigeria with best skilled personnel. I wish u could think out of box and face reality rather than listening to bigotic, religious fanatic who uses ur ignorance to feed u wth lies abt north. I've been to all Nigerian states and FCT, so u can't tell me shot abt Naija. I knw a lot abt Nigeria and it's diversity. You better face the challenges of poor leadership in ur region than ranting abt baseless things. I knw all Politicians are not meeting our expectations bt Northern Politicians are miles away in terms of hardworking than their Southern counter parts.
I was so sad when I saw Edo ppl celebrating Obasekin victory not because I wanted APC to win bt because it was not victory of conscience. With13% derivation, non payment of pension, poor infrastructure, delay in salary with little he has done he shouldn't have win that election but the so called civilised there can't even make a better choice for themselves bt rather insult central govt because of bigotry and this is the same wth most of ur states.
Wake up and live to reality.
You sat down to write this trash thinking I'm a dumb ass fellow like you from the North.
Yes, it is true that BUK has the number of so so and so students, but are they from the North?
80% of those students are from the South while the rest 20% are your quota system students who score less than 100 in UTME. Education is not cheap yet we from the South pay thru our sweat to go to school while your government subsidized it for you to go there yet you wont go. You'll rather go to where they will teach you how to hate and make yourself useful by carrying bomb to kill for one useless god that can't fight for himself.

I lived almost 12 years in the core North so you cant educate me or fool men with those useless words of yours.
Northern Nigeria is the poverty capital of the World...a place where people are very comfortable living in extreme poverty while the few rich hold them down with religion.
I thank God where I come from because people THINK there. I think for myself, i work to better my lot, i dont have to wait for someone to do all that for me. You guys are in bondage. Go to school and liberate yourself from poverty and religious enslavement.
Why cant you guys be like others who are rich in your area....abi no be same God created all of you?
20 million children are out of school in Nigeria.....19.5 million of them are in.the North.

Aboki stand up and THINK.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
You sat down to write this trash thinking I'm a dumb ass fellow like you from the North.
Yes, it is true that BUK has the number of so so and so students, but are they from the North?
80% of those students are from the South while the rest 20% are your quota system students who score less than 100 in UTME. Education is not cheap yet we from the South pay thru our sweat to go to school while your government subsidized it for you to go there yet you wont go. You'll rather go to where they will teach you how to hate and make yourself useful by carrying bomb to kill for one useless god that can't fight for himself.

I lived almost 12 years in the core North so you cant educate me or fool men with those useless words of yours.
Northern Nigeria is the poverty capital of the World...a place where people are very comfortable living in extreme poverty while the few rich hold them down with religion.
I thank God where I come from because people THINK there. I think for myself, i work to better my lot, i dont have to wait for someone to do all that for me. You guys are in bondage. Go to school and liberate yourself from poverty and religious enslavement.
Why cant you guys be like others who are rich in your area....abi no be same God created all of you?
20 million children are out of school in Nigeria.....19.5 million of them are in.the North.

Aboki stand up and THINK.
U're a joke and seems u were neva opportuned to go to university. 90% of BUK students are composed of Kano, Jigawa, Kaduna and Katsina.
U were in the North searching for food and now saying all these trash.
I dnt see education in u ppl bt a grp of ppl who are given knowledge to hate and propagate hatred.
Education is in the attitude of ppl not only on paper. The way u're spreading shit, accepting all shit feed to ur head is a clear indication of bigotry. ur greatest jealousy is seeing Muslims stick to their way. We had religion, we had our way of writing, we hav traditional attire long before British come and give u their shits. They couldn't change us and so u can't do too.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by JudasNaCarrot: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2020
Coronabirus:
U're a joke and seems u were neva opportuned to go to university. 90% of BUK students are composed of Kano, Jigawa, Kaduna and Katsina.
U were in the North searching for food and now saying all these trash.
I dnt see education in u ppl bt a grp of ppl who are given knowledge to hate and propagate hatred.
Education is in the attitude of ppl not only on paper. The way u're spreading shit, accepting all shit feed to ur head is a clear indication of bigotry. ur greatest jealousy is seeing Muslims stick to their way. We had religion, we had our way of writing, we hav traditional attire long before British come and give u their shits. They couldn't change us and so u can't do too.
Fool....which way of life do you have? The way of life given to you from the Arabians head slammers, is that the way of life or is it writing using their own alphabet, that is the way of life you mean?
Aboki wake up and liberate yourself from mental slavery from Arabian slave masters. Go to school and learn. Be educated....that is what we ask of you people. Is it too much?

Meanwhile you failed to address the issue of quota system students and graduates from your region. You score below 100 in UTME, cant read or write good English yet you are given admission for a course that is highly competitive even for someone from the South who have above the cut off point yet denied admission.
Or what do you say for the unity schools where you are given admission with 3 as cut off point in your region while we in the South are struggling with as much as 200 points to be admitted in same school.

You people are the reason this geographical expression called Nigeria have remained stagnant with no visible developments. You breed like rats, Almajiri everywhere.
You should be ashamed of yourself coming here to defend your foolishness and backwardness.
How many of your people are in this forum.....I ask you. It's because you're mainly illiterates.

I'm ready for you today....Quota system graduate.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
Fool....which way of life do you have? The way of life given to you from the Arabians head slammers, is that the way of life or is it writing using their own alphabet, that is the way of life you mean?
Aboki wake up and liberate yourself from mental slavery from Arabian slave masters. Go to school and learn. Be educated....that is what we ask of you people. Is it too much?

Meanwhile you failed to address the issue of quota system students and graduates from your region. You score below 100 in UTME, cant read or write good English yet you are given admission for a course that is highly competitive even for someone from the South who have above the cut off point yet denied admission.
Or what do you say for the unity schools where you are given admission with 3 as cut off point in your region while we in the South are struggling with as much as 200 points to be admitted in same school.

You people are the reason this geographical expression called Nigeria have remained stagnant with no visible developments. You breed like rats, Almajiri everywhere.
You should be ashamed of yourself coming here to defend your foolishness and backwardness.
How many of your people are in this forum.....I ask you. It's because you're mainly illiterates.

I'm ready for you today....Quota system graduate.
I understand ur pain. I wsh u attended university education it would have been better to discuss this wth u. Ask any Nairalanders who schooled in any Northern university, he'll tell u how the System is and how they struggle to match the underestimated arewa guys. Don't speak out of ignorance, u didn't attend University but still pretending, how can someone get admission through JAMB with less than cut off mark? Pls, to avoid embarrassing urself, go and download any Northern university admission list and confirm ur delusional claims.
Pls u need to understand the fact tht we only write & speak English under duress because already we've a matured, developed language to speak and to write with! We've a civilised administrative system before the whites ever thought of coming. we wore clothes at a time when the "noisy neighbors" like u were roaming around naked!
Just like the English, French, Chinese, could read and write in his own language as far back as the 14th century we used to do so. Hw do u expect us to change to the language of subjugation and exploitation, are u nt ashamed to be proud of someone's language as a symbol of knowledge?
Our architectural masterpiece was there for everyone as far back as 1423.
We're never enslaved, nor sold to slavery or chained like an animal by any European or Caucasian race!
We're the largest and most spread people in West Africa. Our language is most widely spoken language in West Africa, second most in Africa !
our language is so important!, that the British, American, German, French, and Chinese broadcasting all have it's service being aired for many decades! And these were what the whites observed before they decided bequeathing "ruling power" to us when they were leaving. India, China, korea, Japan all developed by rejecting foreign language and adopted native language. Now all secondary and university courses text books especially sciences are subjected to Hausa translation in Northern Nigeria and will be used if situation warrant, the work will soon be achieved.
We all hate this fucking English because we see it as a language of subjugation and exploitation, that's why we don't damn care to learn it. Even u, u're happy wth it because thy imposed their religion on u, so u dnt have choice. In the core North many Hausa-Fulani Christians worship in Hausa, their Bible, gospel songs are all said in Hausa; we're adent speakers of our native language.
The reason why we're failing as a nation is because we fail to realise the individual responsibility of citizens toward nation building. We're deceived to believe that everyone must go to school, nw we're shouting there is no job. Here 80% of us are employable in agriculture and trade. We've enough educationists to derive sectors that necessarily need well educated ppl. The expired education we all received can't be used to convert the knowledge into work, the largest importer of goods in the world is Nigeria, the education u claim can't export anything more than religion, Yahoo scam, prostitution, human trafficking, selling of hard drugs.
Before u used to say we're illiterate that's why our quota is occupied by Southerners, nw we reclaim our mandate and u're shouting like mad dogs alleging nepotism, sad reality.
For ur information, Niger Republic, Chad, some part of cameroun, Central Africa Republic, Mali rely on Northern Nigeria for their daily needs of raw or processed food, textiles, other wears, building materials, and lots of other goods. Agricultural potential is abundant, all kind of resources u can imagined can be harnessed.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by orisa37: 1:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good. That's Federal Government. And when we RESTRUCTURE and adopt fully, AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES AND LIMIT F.G TO F.LG

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES WILL BE THE BEST IN TERMS OF INSIGHTS, EXPERIENCE AND FORESIGHT AND ONE THAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES AND NOT THE SELFISH AND INCONSIDERATE THUGS
WE HAVE BEEN HAVING.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NAF Bombs Ali Kawaje’s House, Destroys Kidnappers’ Enclave / Nwabuoku To oversee The Office Of The Accountant-General Of The Federation / Goodluck Jonathan Delivers A Speech At Bloomberg (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.