Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. (27179 Views)

Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble / Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. / Six Important Things You Should Seek From God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by witnezHD(m): 10:39am On Oct 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Here's a more realistic take

a) God is not a God of Favoritism
b) God shows mercy to whomever He chooses.... He shows mercy to the wicked and the just alike
c) The way to obtain His blessings is through obedience of His commandments-- no other way
d) God preserves even the wicked, and they experience what you all like to call breakthroughs alike... Since it still has to do with His mercy, even the wicked enjoy the same
e) There is no such thing a unqualified blessings because God knows those who obey Him and those who do not.
I couldn't agree more #roman 12 vs 10 down
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by SocialJustice: 10:41am On Oct 04, 2020
Akube1z:
Six important Reasons you should seek for the mercy of God.

1) Mercy of God will bring you Favour in the sight of men.

2) Mercy of God will deliver you from the hands of the enemies.

3) Mercy of God will give you life, righteous ness and honour.

4) Mercy of God will bring you blessings

5) Mercy of God will will preserve you and give you all round breakthrough.

6) Mercy of God will let you obtain unqualified blessings, joy , salvation, powers of God , miracles, holy spirit. Even with His mercy , He can grant you eternal life.
Create a relationship with the Holy Spirit first, you will not. The next thing you come to public painting a picture of what God is not.

The main reason we seek forgiveness is to maintain our relationship with God. When you offend your father, you ask for forgiveness. That is not to say if you do not ask, God will take offence. We already have an intercessor in Jesus and Christians are dead to sin.

1. God favours us not by our actions but as He pleases.

2. God shows mercy to us through grace not by our actions.

3. Righteousness is the state a Christian attains after accepting Jesus Christ, it has nothing to do with our actions going forward.

4. God blesses who as we ask. God is so generous that He has created a system for receiving through faith. Ask, believe and receive in your heart, visualise it and it will be yours. It may tarry but it will come to pass. God is so generous that even non Christians are able to tap into the grace of asking and receiving more than so called Christians.

5. Grace and persistence will preserve you and give all round breakthrough.

6. Grace will give you joy. Only by confessing ad accepting Jesus can a person attain salvation and eternal life. The Holy Spirit is the only member of the God head that is currently on earth preparing is for the second coming of Christ. After salvation, comes water baptism and baptism of the Holy Spirit. Eternal life comes with accepting Jesus.

Religious folks like you pursue people away from God with your poor understanding of what Christianity is. That righteousness89 guy is also another major nuisance here to the kingdom of God.

Christians bring in lost sheep to the Father through love, consolation and the promise of a better life and not through blackmail and threats.

God is love and He takes no pleasure in tormenting His creations.

Obviously you are trying to do God's work with your carnal mind and it will fail and disgrace you. If you haven't surrendered to the Holy Spirit and let Him guide your evangelism, you're opening yourself to ridicule and serious demonic possession.

There is nothing demons hate more than an empty vessel trying to do evengalism. They will possess and ruin your life.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Btruth: 10:42am On Oct 04, 2020
Psalms 51
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by jaeyking(m): 10:55am On Oct 04, 2020
danyero:
It is God's fault because he created faulty human beings. You might say "but we have freewill", freewill and an all knowing god are mutually exclusive. There is no freewill if God knows the beginning and end of everything, it would mean we are merely actors playing a predestined script.

If there is no free will then we are actually not different from machines.

the beginning is the creation of and the end is actually the day the world ends(where the just and upright gets what they deserve and the wicked gets what they deserve)

thats all.
hope u understand better.

so you having a free will determines how you end.
and not God
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by jaeyking(m): 10:57am On Oct 04, 2020
SocialJustice:
Create a relationship with the Holy Spirit first, you will not. The next thing you come to public painting a picture of what God is not.

The main reason we seek forgiveness is to maintain our relationship with God. When you offend your father, you ask for forgiveness. That is not to say if you do not ask, God will take offence. We already have an intercessor in Jesus and Christians are dead to sin.

3. Righteousness is the state a Christian attains after accepting Jesus Christ, it has nothing to do with our actions going forward.

4. God blesses who as we ask. God is so generous that He has created a system for receiving through faith. Ask, believe and receive in your heart, visualise it and it will be yours. It may tarry but it will come to pass. God is so generous that even non Christians are able to tap into the grace of asking and receiving more than so called Christians.

6. Grace will give you joy. Only by confessing ad accepting Jesus can a person attain salvation and eternal life. The Holy Spirit is the only member of the God head that is currently on earth preparing is for the second coming of Christ. After salvation, comes water baptism and baptism of the Holy Spirit. Eternal life comes with accepting Jesus.

Religious folks like you pursue people away from God with your poor understanding of what Christianity is. That righteousness89 guy is also another major nuisance here to the kingdom of God.

Christians bring in lost sheep to the Father through love, consolation and the promise of a better life and not through blackmail and threats.

Obviously you are trying to do God's work with your carnal mind and it will fail and disgrace you. If you haven't surrendered to the Holy Spirit and let Him guide your evangelism, you're opening yourself to ridicule and serious demonic possession.

There is nothing demons hate more than an empty vessel trying to do evengalism. They will possess and ruin your life.

both of you are actually trying to pass a message but from different angle
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by SocialJustice: 10:59am On Oct 04, 2020
jaeyking:

both of you are actually trying to pass a message but from different angle
We are not passing same message, the slight differences you can see are very different if you understand their implications.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by FullBlastLight: 10:59am On Oct 04, 2020
danyero:
If god is real, he should seek our mercy and forgiveness for creating a shit world.

Is it every time u wil be putting urself under damnation? Huh?

May God hv mercy on ur soul!
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Emotionss: 11:04am On Oct 04, 2020
We now live in a time and age where God's Grace and Marcy is taking for granted.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 04, 2020
jaeyking:

If there is no free will then we are actually not different from machines.

the beginning is the creation of and the end is actually the day the world ends(where the just and upright gets what they deserve and the wicked gets what they deserve)

thats all.
hope u understand better.

so you having a free will determines how you end.
and not God
It seems to me you are not even familiar with your Bible, yet you show arrogance by trying to teach what don't know.

Let me help you:
Do humans have free will?
Yes. Dt 30.19, Jos 24.15

No. Jer 10.23, Acts 13.48; Rom 8.29-30, 9.11-22; Eph 1.4-5; 2 Th 2.11-13; 2 Tim 1.9; Jude 4
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Taylordedon(m): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2020
Lucifer troubled them there, why didn't your loving god and his angels just kill him knowing he is the problem, they fought and sent him here..
passing a message across saying "therefore rejoice o heavens,and ye who dwells in them, woe to the earth and sea,because the devil has come down to you having great wrath"

can you imagine that ? the immortals couldn't contain him there, they happily sent him down to finish us mortals and then say woe unto you !! they were even rejoicing ..

that's what a loving father can wish his children

Bible sef na the final Scam
make I smoke my weed jare

2 Likes

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Otii4god: 11:37am On Oct 04, 2020
Very confused human
danyero:
If god is real, he should seek our mercy and forgiveness for creating a shit world.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Otii4god: 11:39am On Oct 04, 2020
Another confused human
Taylordedon:
Lucifer troubled them there, why didn't your loving god and his angels just kill him knowing he is the problem, they fought and sent him here..
passing a message across saying "therefore rejoice o heavens,and ye who dwells in them, woe to the earth and sea,because the devil has come down to you having great wrath"

can you imagine that ? the immortals couldn't contain him there, they happily sent him down to finish us mortals and then say woe unto you !! they were even rejoicing ..

that's what a loving father can wish his children

Bible sef na the final Scam
make I smoke my weed jare
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by AngelicBeing: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

b) God shows mercy to whomever He chooses.... He shows mercy to the wicked and the just alike
c) The way to obtain His blessings is through obedience of His commandments-- no other way
d) God preserves even the wicked, and they experience what you all like to call breakthroughs alike... Since it still has to do with His mercy, even the wicked enjoy the same
e) There is no such thing a unqualified blessings because God knows those who obey Him and those who do not.
l agree with your post
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by TAGM(m): 11:57am On Oct 04, 2020
Kobojunkie where have you been
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by liveyourlife007(m): 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

so you are one of the wicked ones. cos u are trying hard to justify wickedness
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by mrdipye(m): 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
Lord I plea for your mercy
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by dexterautonomy(m): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
mynd44:
Please visit http://sumpis.com and say what's on your mind
It's cool
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by SimplePlan34: 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
But I thought once we are born again everything is alright.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Akube1z: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
Agbebakun22:

May the mercy God locate you ijn
Amen. May His mercy locate and deliver Us. Amen IJN.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by smile11s(m): 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
We are existing and living at the mercy of The Creator
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Akube1z: 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
SocialJustice:

I pray for God's mercy in my life because I am not righteous.
And I seek for the Kingdom of God.
I pray for His power, Guidance , Holy spirit, Favour, joy and every other great and good things from the Most High to my life.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by okpukpu(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
Number one reason i seek for God mercy is for me not to suffer the consequencies of my sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Southton27: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
see below
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by raphaeladeyele: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
Bible verses for the Mercy of GOD
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by apstpaulg(m): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
Op, all six reasons u stated are sumarised as one, dont get it twisted...
We all need the mercy of God for everything e.g, to breath, stay healthy, eat, move....
After all, we are at the mercy of the UNIVERSAL INTELLIGIENCE (GOD).

Apostle Paul Eshiet
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by jaeyking(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
danyero:
It seems to me you are not even familiar with your Bible, yet you show arrogance by trying to teach what don't know.

Let me help you:
Do humans have free will?
Yes. Dt 30.19, Jos 24.15

No. Jer 10.23, Acts 13.48; Rom 8.29-30, 9.11-22; Eph 1.4-5; 2 Th 2.11-13; 2 Tim 1.9; Jude 4

now i know the problem.
you quote only a verse.
bro please read the whole chapter for better understanding.
i rest my case
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2020
Akube1z:
[/b]Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.Matthew 5:7
That is your example of an unqualified blessing? shocked shocked shocked
The blessing that belongs to those who are FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST --- i.e. THose who live in OBEDIENCE of Jesus Christ, is what you consider an unqualified blessing? Do you even know the meaning of the blessing you quoted there and how it can be obtained?
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
liveyourlife007:
so you are one of the wicked ones. cos u are trying hard to justify wickedness
Justify wickedness? If you are not aware, that is what God said in the Bible. I simply restated what He said.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Chiemeka1: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
To add to this amazing topic, there are numerous things we as children of God gain when obtain His mercy.

1) God's mercy brings about restoration. It matters not how far we are from Him, once we obtain our house broken relationships will be restored and our son ship and losses will be restored to us. Joel2:25,Luke 15:11-24.

2) God's mercy averts verdicts. Lamentation 3:22-23,37.

3) God's heals. The Hebrew word for salvation and healing are the same. Example Psalm103:3 " who forgiveth our iniquities, who healeth all our diseases." 2 chron7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Other scripture reference 1peter2:24, Hosea6:1.

4) God's mercy brings revival. Hosea6:1-2, psalm85:6.

5) God's mercy brings joy. Psalms 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

6) God's mercy gives us godspeed. This means easily doing what we could not do because of the hand of God upon us for good. Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

7) God's mercy enables us grow in grace. Though the grace of God is not earned but when we receive it it grows depending on our attitude towards it e.g the story of the 5, 3 and 1 talent. Note: If the one talent man had asked for mercy, his master would have given him more talents but he was giving excuses for his failure . 1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. by Franking: 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Well, I say to hell with God and his mercy! Don't need it. Never did, never will.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Sack Catholic Priest In Imo State Community. Photos / Daddy Freeze: Stop Giving Winners And Redeemed Church Members Financial Aids / Sultan’s Misguided Comments On Adamawa Clashes Increasing Tension — Dami Mamza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.